This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Combiner Wars Fan-Built Victorion and the Rust Renegades

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Fan Built Combiner "Victorion" Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I like the idea, but the execution? Nah. What the ****'s the point of having a female combiner team when they're just repaints of male characters? That bothered me from the start. And now the fact that they're all the same colors, and have the same exact mold for two different characters just doesn't do it for me. I hope they make another female combiner team just so they have the chance to get it... well, better than this. I'm not pissed, just wondering what made them think this was the way to go about it.

Well we knew they were repaints, not sure what everyone was expecting; the design of the legs' transformation made it nigh on impossible to do much augmenting to. And since all of them lay on their chests, some even flip up into cramped areas with the head too, there was much room to change their chests, that the car-bots have different chests is nice. Hotspot wouldn't have any ground clearance if they gave her a new chest, and messing with the thighs might have prohibited the combined mode, so...

I guess I'm wondering what exactly were you or anybody actually expecting?

Their own molds.

Well we knew they were repaints, that was pretty upfront from the vehicle selection slides >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I like the idea, but the execution? Nah. What the ****'s the point of having a female combiner team when they're just repaints of male characters? That bothered me from the start. And now the fact that they're all the same colors, and have the same exact mold for two different characters just doesn't do it for me. I hope they make another female combiner team just so they have the chance to get it... well, better than this. I'm not pissed, just wondering what made them think this was the way to go about it.

Well we knew they were repaints, not sure what everyone was expecting; the design of the legs' transformation made it nigh on impossible to do much augmenting to. And since all of them lay on their chests, some even flip up into cramped areas with the head too, there was much room to change their chests, that the car-bots have different chests is nice. Hotspot wouldn't have any ground clearance if they gave her a new chest, and messing with the thighs might have prohibited the combined mode, so...

Their own molds.

Well we knew they were repaints, that was pretty upfront from the vehicle selection slides >:oP

Exactly, the vote on gender was after mould selection. Plus there would of been a budget allocated to this project, completely new moulds would of wrecked it
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
To add to all the images and news (and repaints) coming out of San Diego Comic Con, the official Transformers Facebook page have posted official stock images, with some promotional flare, of the fan-built combiner Victorion, both in gestalt and individual Torchbearer modes. Check them out mirrored below, and let us know what you think of the 'sleeker' paintjobs of the magic of digital manipulation!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Their own molds.

The fact that they told us early on doesn't make it right. Like I said, it bothered be from the beginning.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Rated X » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
This thread is so f**kin hilarious! It really made my day. It turned into total chaos which kept it from turning into a total snoozefest and I love it ! The only thing that could make it better is if we bring back Tsu! :KREMZEEK:

My thoughts on the new combiners...

G2 superion and Menasor: im so buying both of them no matter what the cost !

Computron: Need to see the limb bots to really judge him as a set. Scattershots alt mode is disappointing. It looks like a circumcised concorde. My biggest beef would be that hasbro didnt bother to retool the earth jet tail.

Victorian: I love the colors, but definitely dont like the lazy alpha bravo twins. I like the arms without the missiles and it would be nice if takara gets a chance to utilize the new arms for their version of blades. Probably too late, but you can wish, right ?
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Now you're confusing me, what exactly is bothering you? The fact that no new moulds were created when that was never their intent or the fan-built combiner concept (built entirely out of repaints)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Their own molds.

The fact that they told us early on doesn't make it right. Like I said, it bothered be from the beginning.

But premeditated designs would have negated the point of a fan made combiner, now if they took those results and gave us victorion 2 years from now, that would be one thing, but they couldn't/wouldn't, so I guess, whatever >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???

Postby Slashercon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Out of all of the components, the voyager one is the only one that appeals to me. Not too big a fan of the color scheme on them, and the combined mode is an acquired taste. I LOVE the sword into smaller pieces split amongst the members.
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Pigswine » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Well, what a let down. I suppose I'll just go all "Buffalo Bill" on them with a file to certain areas and draw nipples.
Putting the Trans in Transformers!
Pigswine
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:Computron: Need to see the limb bots to really judge him as a set. Scattershots alt mode is disappointing. It looks like a circumcised concorde. My biggest beef would be that hasbro didnt bother to retool the earth jet tail.
Unfortunately, it isn't Computron. IT's just Scattershot by himself wearing the limbs of Optimus Maximus (Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Mirage, and Prowl). The combined form is named "Betatron". Yeah.

Rated X wrote:Victorian: I love the colors, but definitely dont like the lazy alpha bravo twins. I like the arms without the missiles and it would be nice if takara gets a chance to utilize the new arms for their version of blades. Probably too late, but you can wish, right ?
Wow. I'm surprised you like the colors since so many have been hating on them. As for the twins, there's a little more to them that makes them not be "lazy", since they each have their own headsculpt and their decos are both asymmetrical and mirrored between the two of them, giving one the opposite look of the other. And given the way their colors are laid out, it's a pretty extensive switcharound of their colors.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Ok, I knew Victorion was composed of repaints, and it didn't bother me. I was looking forward to it, but, whoa, those colors are not easy on the eyes. Also the way the individual bots are colored makes me think of a dollar store gift set. I guess this just saved me some more money, as it just doesn't work. Great idea, poor execution
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Autobot N » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Looking pretty good! Victorion and her weird-named components will be the first female Transformers in my collection.

On Betatron, I'm rather disappointed that (as of yet) the other Technobots aren't there, as they have always been favorites of mine.

And on the G2 repaints, I'll get Superion because he looks pretty cool, but I'll pass on Menasor as I've never been a huge fan of him.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5

Postby dragons » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:22 pm

Doesn't look female in those colors need different colors instead of two colors and need female look faces
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby prjkt » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Heh. I wonder if Victorion's colour map is based on someone at Hasbro saying, Well, we didn't want to do these colours, but it's what you guys chose, some enjoy I guess..."
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Rated X wrote:The only thing that could make it better is if we bring back Tsu! :KREMZEEK:

awww come on ... I haven't had any to close any reports about you lately, don't make me have headaches again!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I see a lot of people saying they're going to skip this. I hope that means there'll be plenty on the shelves for me! :D
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Deadput » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
dragons wrote:Doesn't look female in those colors need different colors instead of two colors and need female look faces

dragons wrote: need female look faces

dragons wrote: NEED FEMALE LOOK FACES.

Are you kidding me?

Are you seriously suggesting these faces don't look female to you?

Their slaggin robots their not organic in the slightest what do you want?

This? (All official art by the way let me know if any of these images are too inappropriate and I'll take them down)

Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Va'al wrote:Image

That face sculpt on the left bears more than a passing resemblance to Nightbird. Makes one wonder. Too bad Takara has beaten Hasbro to the punch ;)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Re: Official Promotional Images - Fan Built Combiner Victorion and Torchbearers

Postby Deadput » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
That face sculpt on the left bears more than a passing resemblance to Nightbird. Makes one wonder. Too bad Takara has beaten Hasbro to the punch ;)

You say this like it ever stops them from releasing a Nightbird.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
dragons wrote:Doesn't look female in those colors need different colors instead of two colors and need female look faces

dragons wrote: need female look faces

dragons wrote: NEED FEMALE LOOK FACES.

Are you kidding me?

Are you seriously suggesting these faces don't look female to you?

Their slaggin robots their not organic in the slightest what do you want?

This? (All official art by the way let me know if any of these images are too inappropriate and I'll take them down)

Well the Breakdown retool has a face that looks like a blow-up doll if I'm honest. As for the Dead End retool, it barely look recognizable as female- "she" might as well just be a dudebot. The Alpha Bravo sisters are OK, I guess, and Pyra Magna doesn't look too bad. I can't even make out Rust Dust's headsculpt with these puny images.

All this is missing the point though, considering the big problem with the Victorion bots is the fact that their bodies are literally just male 'bots with female heads and crude tits slapped on.

And what's wrong with Hayato Sakamoto's designs? Sure they're somewhat exaggerated, but they're appealing and well-drawn, and hey, there's no mistaking them for dudes.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
You know what, I don't care what anyone says. I know people keep harping on Victorion's color scheme being bad and how generation 2 it is, but if that's the case, then G2 Victorion is the best Victorion. It's loud, it's proud, she has ankle tilts. She's clearly one of, if not the best combiner because of that. I like the use of the new feet, and the alpha bravo remolds to make the legs look longer, as the squatty nature of the hotspot/defensor chest had me worried for a bit. And that sword. THAT SWORD. That's **** metal as **** dude, looks like something from a heavy metal magazine.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
This monstrosity reminds me why I took an extended break from the collecting hobby not so long ago. I hope very few people trade perfectly good money for this. It only in incourages more crappy repaints.

ah well.
Last edited by Ironhidensh on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:18 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I don't see "females", I see robots.

That being said, individually, not too fussed on them. But combined? I quite like the combined mode.

But as I said in the Combiner thread, I think at this point in time Hasbro are over combiners and just gotten lazy.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Deadput » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:This monstrosity reminds me why I took an extended break from the collecting hobby not so long ago. I hope very few people trade perfectly good money for this. It only in incourages more crappy repaints.

ah well.

Well too bad people are going to buy it and none of the loud minority on this site is going to change it.

I also plan on buying her as soon as I can (But then again I'm buying all of the Hasbro combiner wars figures when I can)
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby AutobotAlvaron » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Motto: "Strive Always for the Indomitable Victory of Good."
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Adding open hands, painted pouty lips, & pointed chins to new head-molds on male bot-bodies, is not enough to make these "fem-bots" to me. It was an interesting concept, but when no new molds was made part of the deal, I lost interest. This set is really not of any interest but for the revelation of new pivoting feet, aka the much sought after ankle tilt, and the combining sword is genuinely cool.

Barbie-esque physiques are not required, but the female form is supposed to be different than the male. I know that these are robots & not people, but they're being marketed to a mostly male audience, where female action figures are definitely feminine. Why differentiate between genders in a mechanical species when selling toys, unless there is an interest in the distinctions of personality & physicality of each kind?

All females have curves, big or little, and being "warrior women" does not preclude this. Look at female athletes, wrestlers, or even super-heroines (Xena, WonderWoman, WWE Divas, even She-Hulk)- curves abound. This set just doesn't seem female, but something else, something weird. I'm sure some will like it and buy it, but it's appeal will be far from universal; the obnoxious coloration only worsens it. A third or fourth color may have helped a little here. This team deserved better.

It would be a shame to not get other Combiner sets because of Hasbro's limited resources/ product slots being used for this rather than the Terrorcons, Predacons, SeaCons, & Technobots. Victorion is a two-toned curiosity, with a few interesting features (sword, feet) which some will like, but most will pan. And as a history making all-female Transformer team, it is more than a bit lacking, but hooray for being history making? :-?
AutobotAlvaron
Minibot
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr A Image Comics 0124IM258 305A (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE COBRA WORLD ORDER PRELUDE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Mooney 230227"
GI JOE COBRA WORLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #270 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP190670 270B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D 0224IM258 (CA) Clarke"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #284 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210635 284RI Hollins"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Zeck (W) Hama 231208Z"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: SNAKES EYES AGENT OF COBRA #3 IDW Comics 2015 (W) Costa 200210a"
GI Joe: SNAKES EYE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200813 9B (CA) Williams (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON