This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Postby Rated X » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:14 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Softimus Prime wrote:
Rated X wrote:WTF ??? "Strongarm" is a chick ? :BANG_HEAD:

Yes, believe it or not, women indeed have arms. I know it is a startling revelation but we'll have to consider Strongarm ,and any other name with "arm" "elbow" or even "wrist" to be gender-neutral from now on.

Regrettably it appears She has some trouble with developing proper hands, so that may remain masculine for the time being.

I know this is probably gonna start a huge debate among those who get all touchy about certain generalizations about how "fembots" should look, but what the hell...

I just cant condone a blatant male bot body with a blatant male bot name being made a female just to prove some kind of point. At least Strika looked like a big fat bloated woman but in a menacing sort of way. But Strongarm just looks silly. I never bothered to even look at the face in the pictures. I always assumed it was a guy. I would hope someone does a new head to give this big brute of a bot a face to match. Just my opinion. Now let the mayhem begin. :michaelbay:
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:17 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
http://xkcd.com/1357/

Can anyone spot any significant differences between the TAV and Hasbro versions? :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:27 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Rated X wrote:
Softimus Prime wrote:

Yes, believe it or not, women indeed have arms. I know it is a startling revelation but we'll have to consider Strongarm ,and any other name with "arm" "elbow" or even "wrist" to be gender-neutral from now on.

Regrettably it appears She has some trouble with developing proper hands, so that may remain masculine for the time being.

I know this is probably gonna start a huge debate among those who get all touchy about certain generalizations about how "fembots" should look, but what the hell...

I just cant condone a blatant male bot body with a blatant male bot name being made a female just to prove some kind of point. At least Strika looked like a big fat bloated woman but in a menacing sort of way. But Strongarm just looks silly. I never bothered to even look at the face in the pictures. I always assumed it was a guy. I would hope someone does a new head to give this big brute of a bot a face to match. Just my opinion. Now let the mayhem begin. :michaelbay:

Iirc, Strika is also female and she's built like a tank. Now, I'd like to see how Tomy will render anime style like those scenes in the Legend comics
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Lockdownhunter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:03 am

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
robotmel wrote::D
With a headswap from Prowl, Transformers Prime Bluestreak anyone?

I could be tempted if these pop on lena81822 Ebay page! ;)

"Eyes open wide with this amazing :CON: "

And that is why Takara paints like an awesome pro!Cheetimus Primal will be so jealous!
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Mechastrike » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:11 am

can't wait to see the show...
Last edited by Mechastrike on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby shajaki » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:11 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
*thinks strongarm is worlds more feminin than strika*
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Peridot » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:21 am

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Rated X wrote:*obvious flamebait*

Because this obviously isn't feminine at all. :roll:
Nope, not in the least.
Not all women are curvy, overly skinny supermodel-types. Not all fembots need to look like Arcee. Get over it and quit trying to manufacture pointless debates.
Last edited by Peridot on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peridot
Combiner
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5

Postby Mechastrike » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am

Metro Prime wrote:
Mechastrike wrote:and i still have that strong urge of shipping her with Bumblebee.

Part of me is afraid that they'll make her (the uptight lady) and Sideswipe (the edgy bad boy) "a thing" in the show. UGH SO CLICHED

... yeah =(
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:26 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Where the slag have you been for the past SEVEN MONTHS?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Rated X » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:31 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Metro Prime wrote:

Nope, not in the least.
Not all women are curvy, overly skinny supermodel-types. Not all fembots need to look like Arcee. Get over it and quit trying to manufacture pointless debates.

So a debate is deemed "pointless" because you dont agree with the oposing stance ?

I admit the image you attached much portrayed the character's body as being femine. But the toy just doest capture the same look. Robots are built, not born out of a belly. So unless her "creator" was trying to make a statement, theres no reason why she shouldnt have been created with a feminine body. G1 Firestar turned into a truck and still pulled off the look.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:45 am

Rated X wrote:I admit the image you attached much portrayed the character's body as being femine. But the toy just doest capture the same look. Robots are built, not born out of a belly. So unless her "creator" was trying to make a statement, theres no reason why she shouldnt have been created with a feminine body. G1 Firestar turned into a truck and still pulled off the look.
Have you forgotten that Hasbro is going for "simple" with the RID toys? We should expect blockiness from every character's toy in the line, regardless of gender. The toy doesn't capture the "more-slender-than-the-toy" look of the animation model because it didn't try to.

Same with the roundness of Grimlock's animation model vs. his more blocky toy.

Plus, in this continuity, the Transformers are born out of a belly. Cybertron's belly. The Well of All Sparks. There's no "building" involved in their creation. The Well "creates" their bodies when it gives birth to them.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Madeus Prime » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:58 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Okay, I'm afraid I'm taking the side of those disappointed in Strongarm's toy and general design. If they just could've made her the tiniest bit more feminine, in toy and cartoon, I would be a happy collector. But so far, she's probably my least favorite figure I've bought in the past six months.

Without sounding sexist here, but am I the only one who would like to see some less hard-ass female Transformers? I'm sorry, but TFP Arcee was horribly boring, she was just predictable. Oh look, a Autobot loses their partner, they want revenge, they are willing to deviate from the mission to do so, they have a nemesis who is usually of the same gender. Sorry, overwrought and overboring. Give us a female TF who is capable of laughing or smiling and not just being snarky and mean.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby shajaki » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:08 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Rated X wrote:So a debate is deemed "pointless" because you dont agree with the oposing stance ?

I admit the image you attached much portrayed the character's body as being femine. But the toy just doest capture the same look. Robots are built, not born out of a belly. So unless her "creator" was trying to make a statement, theres no reason why she shouldnt have been created with a feminine body. G1 Firestar turned into a truck and still pulled off the look.
so how do you explain the fact that in the "male" TF world theres big bruisers, slender little dudes and everything in between?

its odd to you that the lady bots dont all conform to one body type?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby brokenchopstick » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:21 am

Madeus Prime wrote:Without sounding sexist here, but am I the only one who would like to see some less hard-ass female Transformers? I'm sorry, but TFP Arcee was horribly boring, she was just predictable. Oh look, a Autobot loses their partner, they want revenge, they are willing to deviate from the mission to do so, they have a nemesis who is usually of the same gender. Sorry, overwrought and overboring. Give us a female TF who is capable of laughing or smiling and not just being snarky and mean.

Have you been reading the IDW comics? Chromia, Nautica and Windblade have been doing a better job of showcasing personality diversity among fembots. Definitely worth catching up on if you've missed out!

brokenchopstick
Micromaster

Postby Madeus Prime » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:30 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
brokenchopstick wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:Without sounding sexist here, but am I the only one who would like to see some less hard-ass female Transformers? I'm sorry, but TFP Arcee was horribly boring, she was just predictable. Oh look, a Autobot loses their partner, they want revenge, they are willing to deviate from the mission to do so, they have a nemesis who is usually of the same gender. Sorry, overwrought and overboring. Give us a female TF who is capable of laughing or smiling and not just being snarky and mean.

Have you been reading the IDW comics? Chromia, Nautica and Windblade have been doing a better job of showcasing personality diversity among fembots. Definitely worth catching up on if you've missed out!

*snip*

Oh I wasn't talking about the comics! I absolutely adore the new additions, particularly Windblade and Nautica. I was talking about the mainstream media, like the cartoons.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:37 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Kinda funny how the phrase "Not to sound sexist, but..." is almost always followed by a sexist statement.

Human beings don't have to conform to certain body types as dictated by a culture's own ideals of gender-biased beauty or role assignment. We come in all shapes and sizes, male or female. Yes, you can point to biological trends in how male and female bodies develop in general or on the average, but no one is "perfect" example of a masculine or feminine body. So, when we're talking about robots, who don't have sexes in a biological sense, but genders in a somewhat more abstract sense than even humans, robots who are from another planet and therefore alien to our own ecosystem and evolutionary trajectory, why would we expect that they must conform to our ideals of masculine and feminine body types? If Hasbro put out a lavender and teal repaint of the Classics Seeker mold and called it Slipstream, a female seeker, I'd not give it a second thought. No need to "soften" her edges, put lipstick on her mouth, or put a pink bow on her head to convince me the character is female. I know she's female. There doesn't have to be cognitive dissonance there to accept that.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:45 am

The following are all also female:

Not exactly model examples of the typical, slender, feminine body. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 am

Metro Prime wrote:

Nope, not in the least.

Maybe this was mentioned before but Strongarm sure reminds me of Crasher's HB's animation model.

That's female enough for me.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:49 am

Hate to say it, but I can kinda see X's point. TFs by default are male. It comes from being a boy's toyline and doesn't make a lick of sense, but it's what it is. Even the very androgynous ones can be safely assumed to be male until conflicting evidence exists. So female TFs need a bit more work to work.

Although, if we're being perfectly far, having a female voice actor in a cartoon would fall into the "bit more work" category to me. I have no problem accepting this toy as female and if I did watching the show would soften that stance. I think the lipstick helps. It's completely redundant and unnecessary, on a robot, but so are beards and who wants something silly like an unbearded Unicron or Wreck Gar?

But I wouldn't be able to accept a repainted Classics Seeker as Slipstream with no moulding changes made. Especially since it's such a common male body type. It wouldn't satisfy my desire for Slipstream as a female version of the Seeker mould and any artist drawing it would likely feminize it. If it were a different, less commonly male associated mould, it may be a different story.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:59 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hey Sabr, I always though that blue stingray was mcdonalds attempt at making the blue beast wars optimus bat.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:02 am

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Hate to say it, but I can kinda see X's point. TFs by default are male. It comes from being a boy's toyline and doesn't make a lick of sense, but it's what it is. Even the very androgynous ones can be safely assumed to be male until conflicting evidence exists. So female TFs need a bit more work to work.

Although, if we're being perfectly far, having a female voice actor in a cartoon would fall into the "bit more work" category to me. I have no problem accepting this toy as female and if I did watching the show would soften that stance. I think the lipstick helps. It's completely redundant and unnecessary, on a robot, but so are beards and who wants something silly like an unbearded Unicron or Wreck Gar?

But I wouldn't be able to accept a repainted Classics Seeker as Slipstream with no moulding changes made. Especially since it's such a common male body type. It wouldn't satisfy my desire for Slipstream as a female version of the Seeker mould and any artist drawing it would likely feminize it. If it were a different, less commonly male associated mould, it may be a different story.

Wasn't there also an issue with Galaxyforce Nitroconvoy aka Override? The US animated version turned her into a fembot..........the body type sure doesn't even look female, and didn't have any lipstick in the toy. The pics from TFYuki doesn't allow for anymore magnification to see if the toy's face also shares the same design as the show.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am

fenrir72 wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Hate to say it, but I can kinda see X's point. TFs by default are male. It comes from being a boy's toyline and doesn't make a lick of sense, but it's what it is. Even the very androgynous ones can be safely assumed to be male until conflicting evidence exists. So female TFs need a bit more work to work.

Wasn't there also an issue with Galaxyforce Nitroconvoy aka Override? The US animated version turned her into a fembot..........the body type sure doesn't even look female, and didn't have any lipstick in the toy. The pics from TFYuki doesn't allow for anymore magnification to see if the toy's face also shares the same design as the show.

Never got into that show, so I don't find it convincing. But, again, the voice counts for a lot. Like, A LOT. If I watched the show I'd probably be fine with considering that a female toy. Just like Strika.

But that black Wheelie up there? Yeah, no. That's just not enough.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:07 am

fenrir72 wrote:Wasn't there also an issue with Galaxyforce Nitroconvoy aka Override? The US animated version turned her into a fembot..........the body type sure doesn't even look female, and didn't have any lipstick in the toy. The pics from TFYuki doesn't allow for anymore magnification to see if the toy's face also shares the same design as the show.
Override wasn't made female for any controversy, but more because Cartoon Network wanted a stronger female presence in the show, and so Hasbro saw fit to gender-bend the male Nitro Convoy into the female Override, deeming the character design androgynous enough to make it work. And it did work. Quite well, even.

Twas a similar case that happened with Airazor in Beast Wars. Bob and Larry wanted a larger female presence in the show, and so requested that Hasbro make the upcoming Airazor toy be identified in its bio as a female. As the toy hadn't come out yet and wasn't designed with a specific gender in mind, Hasbro was able to declare Airazor a female just in time.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby RhA » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:08 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"

Does Strongarm strike you as female?
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:08 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
fenrir72 wrote:

Good thing you are positng in the site best known for its HD Galleries.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E 0124IM242 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915M"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #100 CE IDW Comics 2014 100CE convention 230207B"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #17 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 17B NOV190599"
TRANSFORMERS #17 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210209D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM477 5B (CA) Ruan (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM323 6E (CA) Quinones"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON