This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Gah! Grimlock is shipping to you! Dang.

Double checked my email looking for a bee shipping, but nothing to be found. Impatiently waiting for him! Nice to see Grim is coming to you soon though Will! :BOT:

Thanks, did you find a way to cancel your second bee?

Yeah, cancelled it quick enough before the whole "preorder cancellation" time period was up. Only have 1 now, but i really want it to ship and I really want it now! I love how that thing looks and I really want it!!! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Image review of Takara Transformers TAV30 Battle Grimlock (Minicon Interaction and Comparisons)

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian extraordinaire Cobotron has just recieved TAV30 Battle Grimlock and has graciously made a review filled with pictures. What is most interesting is the level of changes from the previous use of the mold (for FOC Grimlock) along with the minicon ports found on the figure. Take it away Cobotron!

FANTASTIC! This TAV30 Battle Grimlock is just fantstic everybody. I mean it.

This re-shell is amazing. He's almost a whole new toy. We're talking Springer/Sandstorm good. He is bulked out in all the right places. 92% of the surfaces of this figure have all new sculpted detailing. There are paint apps everywhere.
The modified T-Rex head transformation is a little more refined than his predecessor, and really well concealed in robot mode. Everything else about his transformation is identical to FoC Grim.
The plastic is quality, and much more durable than the AOE Target exclusive version I have. (which I think is flimsier than the OG FoC release)
He does have a few of the quirks of his older bro. The little dino arms still pop off real easy, and the feet. With all the re-tooling they did, I'm really surprised they kept the feet. They're not the most stable. But hey, we can work with it.

Let's look at the box!

The back of the box has this great shot of Grimlock just turning poor Rumble and Frenzy to pure chunder.

Now the toy.

So as I was transforming him I noticed on his shoulders, were some little I-beam shaped tabs, and it dawned on me...

...I had seen those before. On the soon to be released TAV33 Optimus Prime Supreme Mode. Who is capable of equipping the minicons.
So I scooped up all my Autobot minicons. I fussed and fiddled. but couldn't quite get them to peg on. They have these little "skies' on there underside , so they slide when they're launched. They wouldn't allow the mini to peg on. So, I grabbed a Decepticon and he COULD peg on!

Ok, that's odd, but ... MINICON INTERGRATION! Woot! Woot!

There is even a tab on his belly in dino mode. Dragonus here does a great job of filling out that cavity, and covering up some kibble.

Let's see some comps!

The robot mode is a little elongated compared to the cartoon model, but I never hold too close a magnifying glass to these types of things. Grimlock is a solid toy that looks good and plays fun. He is a brilliant re-tool of an older toy, and a genius re-use of that mold. And, if scale is a thing for you, he goes SOOOO well the Warrior Class figures. Big! Like Gimlock ought to be.

Roll out Strongarm!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Thanks for the review! That is a marvelous retool and pretty dang impressive. :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Just an idea but could it be that the reason he is geared towards interaction with decepticon minicons is because he is a decepticon?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
My pleasure D! ;)^

Will, that had occured to me, but he has that blazing :BOT: on his shoulder. I wonder if Takara has "different" plans for the minicons.

Edit: Oh and BTW, there is no mention of minicons in the instructions. By mention, I mean pictures. Unfortunately I don't read Japanese. :(
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby no-one » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:33 pm

RED ROCKET, RED ROCKET!

Awesome figure, Cobz my man, I'm super jello right now!
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm

william-james88 wrote:Just an idea but could it be that the reason he is geared towards interaction with decepticon minicons is because he is a decepticon?

maybe, or maybe they didn't think about how the autobot ones were designed :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Cobotron » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Cary, you win the prize! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't even see it until I was editing the pics. I decided to run with it. :oops: :-P

The preexisting 5mm ports on the shoulders aren't helping the mini :BOT: s from tabbing in either.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby no-one » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Cobotron wrote:Cary, you win the prize! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do I get a cookie? I really hope it's a cookie! 8)
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:Just an idea but could it be that the reason he is geared towards interaction with decepticon minicons is because he is a decepticon?
Cobotron wrote:Will, that had occured to me, but he has that blazing :BOT: on his shoulder. I wonder if Takara has "different" plans for the minicons.
He used to be a Con, though, so it could possibly be a subtle nod to his original roots. ;)

Kinda like how Universe Dinobot had both Maximal and Predcon symbols despite his being Maximal-aligned for most of the BW cartoon.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:40 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
https://twitter.com/tfyuki

One big@ss STICK!
Attachments
GIANT Sword Meet Warrior Sideswipe and Supreme Mode Optimus Prime Images (1)__scaled_600.jpg
GIANT Sword Meet Warrior Sideswipe and Supreme Mode Optimus Prime Images(3)__scaled_600.jpg
GIANT Sword Meet Warrior Sideswipe and Supreme Mode Optimus Prime Images(3)__scaled_600.jpg (107.94 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:19 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
That Grimlock is AWESOME!
I'm still gonna pass though. The 3 steps fill the role aplenty for me.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I don't like the aesthetic much (or the horribly dorky robot face especially on the box art) but I appreciate how the work gone into retooling the really disappointing FoC Grimlock mold into this. The dino mode looks far better (despite the goofy jaw)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Robogeek1973 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:11 am

I can't wait for mine to get here!

Now if only HLJ would hurry up and get their stock in so they could ship it. :lol:
Robogeek1973
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 5

Postby ScottyP » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:15 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Robogeek1973 wrote:I can't wait for mine to get here!

Now if only HLJ would hurry up and get their stock in so they could ship it. :lol:
Ugh, I know. At this rate it's gonna be coming in my shipment with Tracks!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:21 am

ScottyP wrote:

Any reason HLJ gets their stuff later than Amiami ?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:11 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
I just figured they wanted to integrate the mini-cons into the main line to give them a reason for existing, like with super o/p - except that they aren't selling any of the individual mini-cons...
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Flashwave » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Can't wait. I missed the Pre-Orders, one of them due to my own stupidity, so I ordered him from Amazon. Should be here in two weeks...

Woth the remold, does he have Hips? And Or can you move his legs on the arm swivel? I hated that on the FOC mold, to get leg movement you had to utab the arm and partially transform it out to get clearence.

With the thicker body/spine and bigger head, is the chest gap and relatively small undercarraige noiceable, and is it worth it then to run out and find me a dragonus and repaint it?

What I love about this Grimmy, besides the character he represents, is he's not begging to be one of a (very expensive) set. And yes, the relative scale (Bug guys should be big, small guys not so much) IS nice.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby Cobotron » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Flashwave wrote:CWoth the remold, does he have Hips? And Or can you move his legs on the arm swivel? I hated that on the FOC mold, to get leg movement you had to utab the arm and partially transform it out to get clearence.
It's similar, but works better. The hips still tab to the torso, but when untabbed it looks better. The inside of the shoulder is sculpted to kind of hide the the joints and hinges. It doesn't look like his leg is dislocated.

With the thicker body/spine and bigger head, is the chest gap and relatively small undercarraige noiceable, and is it worth it then to run out and find me a dragonus and repaint it?
It is noticeable, but because it's black inside there it kind of helps obscure it all better. You might not need to repaint Dragonus. His green is almost a dead-on match with Grim's green. Unless you want him black. The other minicons fit down there too.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Robogeek1973 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:14 pm

william-james88 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Any reason HLJ gets their stuff later than Amiami ?

Usually they get their stuff around the same time, but this time HLJ is late with Grimmy, Rumble, and Frenzy.

No idea why.
Robogeek1973
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 5

In-Hand Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy (plus clear Sideswipe)

Postby Va'al » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Usual suspect and Japan resident Matt Daniele has sent along some in hand images of the latest releases in the Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure - TAV 32 Rumble and Frenzy! The two-pack also included a 'not for sale' addition of the clear campaign Sideswipe figure, and Matt was nice enough to show the cannon features in the mirrored images below. Check them out.

Found this 2 pack at my local electronics shop for ¥2,975($24.73). It even came with a free mini figure of clear Sideswipe. (marked not for sale in Japanese).
The last picture shows the spring loaded cannons you can deploy by hitting the silver button above the tank treads.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:52 am

I wish we could get those awesome premiums/freebies. Love me some clear guys.

I got these guys along with Grimlock and...
A. Didn't realize the guns were detachable. Cool! (thanks Matt)
B. Did the United release not have the spring loaded pile drivers?

I'm so glad Takara gave us a second chance to get these guys. They're GREAT!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Flashwave » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:03 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Cobotron wrote:I wish we could get those awesome premiums/freebies. Love me some clear guys.

Oh buddy were tbey spring loaded. Blow on one from 30ft and SPROING! I think the TFSS Rewind and Eject triggers are a little stiffer at least, hope these are too
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby Cobotron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:10 am

Flashwave wrote:
Cobotron wrote:I wish we could get those awesome premiums/freebies. Love me some clear guys.

Oh buddy were tbey spring loaded. Blow on one from 30ft and SPROING! I think the TFSS Rewind and Eject triggers are a little stiffer at least, hope these are too
:lol: These are pretty itchy on the trigger finger too. Makes transforming them ... mildly frustrating, to say the least.
Still super great figures. Makes me really miss Scout Class.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Janus Prime » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 am

Ok, how many times has Takara reissued these toys? Maybe I'll be able to finally get them this time.
Janus Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REFRAKTOR Transformers Canon EOS Rebel R5 camera G1 Reflector Hasbro 2023 New"
REFRAKTOR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210499 2B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-56 TRAILBREAKER Transformers Masterpiece G1 Takara Tomy 2022 230522A"
MP-56 TRAILBREAKER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PANTHER Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
PANTHER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210677 5RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210460 12RI (CA) Jones"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Construct-Bots WHEELJACK Elite Class Transformers E1:01 G1 Hasbro New 2013"
Construct-Bots WHE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210591 3RI (CA) Sara"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Beast Machines Basic + tech spec Hasbro 2000 220121A"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON