This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure Line (TAV, TED, Misc)

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Thu May 05, 2016 11:25 pm

fenrir72 wrote:Just don't have the feel.......would someone please convince me this is worth the effort to get?

I don't think I can do that. You could, on the other hand, get Quillfire, Fracture and Thunderhoof for $2 more. They're charging $76 for this thing, I don't think it's at all worth that. The other three are, though.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Just don't have the feel.......would someone please convince me this is worth the effort to get?

I don't think I can do that. You could, on the other hand, get Quillfire, Fracture and Thunderhoof for $2 more. They're charging $76 for this thing, I don't think it's at all worth that. The other three are, though.

Holy sh|t, seriously? no way should anyone pay that much for that little... it isn't very well engineered, it isn't overly well painted... just, no [-(
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri May 06, 2016 12:01 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:

Holy sh|t, seriously? no way should anyone pay that much for that little... it isn't very well engineered, it isn't overly well painted... just, no [-(

That's what he's going for on BBTS, anyway. I assume he's around Leader class size like Takara's other RID Primes, but those at least had decent vehicle modes and they were $15 cheaper. I'd say those other 3 would definitely be far better for the price.

Also I assume this isn't the right spot for it, but I'm looking to get rid of my TAV-21 if anyone's interested.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:58 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:

That's what he's going for on BBTS, anyway. I assume he's around Leader class size like Takara's other RID Primes, but those at least had decent vehicle modes and they were $15 cheaper. I'd say those other 3 would definitely be far better for the price.

Also I assume this isn't the right spot for it, but I'm looking to get rid of my TAV-21 if anyone's interested.

You don't like TAV-21? Not perfect but he (feels and looks way better than TAV-50) Normally, like TAV-21 which I got bought automatically. TAV-50, something is stopping me.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri May 06, 2016 1:04 am

fenrir72 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:

You don't like TAV-21? Not perfect but he (feels and looks way better than TAV-50) Normally, like TAV-21 which I got bought automatically. TAV-50, something is stopping me.

I like him alright, but he's a bit floppy for me and I don't like his tiny weapons and super long legs all that much. I'm also not the biggest fan of the show overall, so the only figures I have and plan to keep are my favorite designs - Takara Quillfire is my absolute favorite RID figure right now, followed by Megatronus (the Clash version with the battle mask looks so cool!). I also have TAV-30 Grimlock (my actual favorite character in the show), Hasbro Fracture and his Mini Cons, a heavily repainted Gold Armor Grimlock and various legion figures (including Fixit, of course).
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 06, 2016 5:42 am

Autobot Roadburn wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:

I like him alright, but he's a bit floppy for me and I don't like his tiny weapons and super long legs all that much. I'm also not the biggest fan of the show overall, so the only figures I have and plan to keep are my favorite designs - Takara Quillfire is my absolute favorite RID figure right now, followed by Megatronus (the Clash version with the battle mask looks so cool!). I also have TAV-30 Grimlock (my actual favorite character in the show), Hasbro Fracture and his Mini Cons, a heavily repainted Gold Armor Grimlock and various legion figures (including Fixit, of course).

So it's the show too eh? We're kind'a in the same boat then. :-D
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 06, 2016 5:51 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

Its not, especially when its an even higher MSRP than TAV 21 in Japan. What the hell is up with that!?
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

Mr Skram wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Yeah, if you can get past the monkey-arms, its an exceptional figure, I have animated swoop, he's great ;)^

Oh no, monkey arms? Didn't notice that. I can't imagine they're worse than SDCC Dinobot Swoop's arms though.

I wouldnt really call them monkey arms, its just different. And they are 100 timed better than SDCC Dinobot Swoop's arms (if that refers to the AOE mold).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:40 am

william-james88 wrote:

Its not, especially when its an even higher MSRP than TAV 21 in Japan. What the hell is up with that!?
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

Mr Skram wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Yeah, if you can get past the monkey-arms, its an exceptional figure, I have animated swoop, he's great ;)^

Oh no, monkey arms? Didn't notice that. I can't imagine they're worse than SDCC Dinobot Swoop's arms though.

I wouldnt really call them monkey arms, its just different. And they are 100 timed better than SDCC Dinobot Swoop's arms (if that refers to the AOE mold).

As I wish to avoid unnecessarily criticizing a figure I don't own, but his feet look..........unappealing. TAV-21, despite the log pants look, well better. Also, is he scaled the same with TAV-21/TAV-33? Both are around 30cm. Amiami has no scale. Hobbysearch isn't soliciting him either.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Cobotron » Fri May 06, 2016 8:55 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
The Hasbro version was on display at BotCon. If memory serves, he is a bit smaller than TAV 21/33.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby no-one » Fri May 06, 2016 10:01 am

No can do.

The bot mode looks nice, but the alt mode leaves a little to be desired. He was about leader sized, maybe a little taller/larger actually.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri May 06, 2016 10:52 am

fenrir72 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:

So it's the show too eh? We're kind'a in the same boat then. :-D

Yup, I guess so! It wouldn't be as big of a deal for me if it wasn't supposed to be a sequel to Prime, but even then the way the plot goes and the way a lot of the characters are written aren't my favorite. I don't hate it though, and I know there are people who love it.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks for the input fellas!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV50 Hypersurge Optimus On Display

Postby Va'al » Sat May 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Another set of images coming from Twitter users attending TransFes2016 bring us closer and in person looks at the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV50 Hypersurge Optimus Prime - which we have seen in his Hasbro guise previously here and Takara here - displayed in powered up mode with his minicon attached. Check out the mirrored images below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV50 Hypersurge Optimus On Display

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Dr Va'al wrote:Another set of images coming from Twitter users attending TransFes2016 bring us closer and in person looks at the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV50 Hypersurge Optimus Prime - which we have seen in his Hasbro guise previously here and Takara here - displayed in powered up mode with his minicon attached. Check out the mirrored images below!

No altmode pics? Gosh, I wonder why... :lol:
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:28 pm

TAV-50 doesn't look that bad with the proper angle and lighting. :-?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 07, 2016 6:04 pm

fenrir72 wrote:TAV-50 doesn't look that bad with the proper angle and lighting. :-?

Does that angle and lighting merrit spending 75$ on it?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:TAV-50 doesn't look that bad with the proper angle and lighting. :-?

You could just take a picture of the figure in a nice angle and light, then tape the picture to a wall :lol:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 07, 2016 8:59 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You could just take a picture of the figure in a nice angle and light, then tape the picture to a wall :lol:

:lol: You never know, a picture could be just as expensive: http://www.cnet.com/news/teen-pays-735- ... e-on-ebay/

william-james88
News Staff

Postby fenrir72 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:08 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

:lol: You never know, a picture could be just as expensive: http://www.cnet.com/news/teen-pays-735- ... e-on-ebay/

It looks waaaaaaaay more "personality" over the ones posted in online stores like Amiami (hobbysearch seems not to be carrying him).

Btw, that's the reason I posted previously to get you guys to convince me to get this. Unlike TAV-21, this incarnation isn't really giving the "buy me" vibe.

As for the ebay person who purchased that "photo", I guess his intellectual quotient level more or less is the equivalent of yours wj88 as I can smell a scam 10 clicks away.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat May 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
fenrir72 wrote:As for the ebay person who purchased that "photo", I guess his intellectual quotient level more or less is the equivalent of yours wj88 as I can smell a scam 10 clicks away.
That's uncalled for. You don't agree with something he said or did? This isn't the way to handle it. Refrain from verbal insults, please.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby fenrir72 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:12 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:As for the ebay person who purchased that "photo", I guess his intellectual quotient level more or less is the equivalent of yours wj88 as I can smell a scam 10 clicks away.
That's uncalled for. You don't agree with something he said or did? This isn't the way to handle it. Refrain from verbal insults, please.

What I did IS uncalled for. Next time, I will think 70 x 7 first before I do a comeback that is insulting in nature. My apologies for not upholding/following the site rules.

I do this on my own volition and no threats of sanctions have been meted/threatened yet. If there is, I accept it (sanctions) whatever the mods see fit to dish out.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Mr Skram » Thu May 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Motto: "Loose joints cost lives."
Weapon: Optical Distortion Projector
I've been looking more at TAV figures and I'm really liking the look of some of them. Does anyone know if there reprolabels or other stickers to cover the scan codes yet, specifically for the Decepticons or even just something generic?

I have my eye on a Bloody Knock Out but the only thing that turns me off is the big circle in the chest.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: A maroon 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Cobotron » Thu May 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Mr Skram wrote:I've been looking more at TAV figures and I'm really liking the look of some of them. Does anyone know if there reprolabels or other stickers to cover the scan codes yet, specifically for the Decepticons or even just something generic?

I have my eye on a Bloody Knock Out but the only thing that turns me off is the big circle in the chest.
I replaced the poker chip on my Bloody Knockout with a :BOT: sticker so he can be Bluestreak. Those scan code sticker come off real easy.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Mr Skram » Thu May 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Motto: "Loose joints cost lives."
Weapon: Optical Distortion Projector
Cobotron wrote:
Mr Skram wrote:I've been looking more at TAV figures and I'm really liking the look of some of them. Does anyone know if there reprolabels or other stickers to cover the scan codes yet, specifically for the Decepticons or even just something generic?

I replaced the poker chip on my Bloody Knockout with a :BOT: sticker so he can be Bluestreak. Those scan code sticker come off real easy.

That's great! I'm just going to use him as my go to Knock Out. Not a stretch since he's so vain and likes to get prettied up, can just imagine he got bored with his red paint job. Well, I guess I'm still undecided, I like the Bloody version but not sure if I want his classic Prime look.

Now if only we could get a Prime Breakdown that won't break the bank...
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: A maroon 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Woot woot, Thunderhoof is bought. Not the best price ever, but the best price available right now for me.

101000006237 1544792 Transformers Transformers Beast Wars D-36 Archadis B Outer Box damage(slight) Y1404x1
101000052991 1527636 Transformers Transformers Adventure TAV38 Thunderhoof SEALED Y2160x1

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #2 DC Comics 1999 (A/CA) Taylor (W) Kesel 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #2 D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr H 1:100 DC Comics 2023 JAN233231 2H (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1072 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC193 1072B (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr E 1:25 DC Comics 0923DC050 1E Hasteen"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0923DC069 139B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Dell'Otto"
BATMAN #139 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #428 Robin Lives 2nd ptg Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1023DC998 (CA) Aparo"
BATMAN #428 Robin ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC265 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #9 DC Comics 1999 (CA) Taylor (W) Kesel (A) Nolan + Guice 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #9 D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1068 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 1122DC070 1068B (CA) Lee"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROBIN #129 Ongoing DC Comics 2004 (CA) Lau (W) Lewis (A) Woods + Pepoy 230915A"
ROBIN #129 Ongoing ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #9 DC Comics 0423DC213 (A/CA) Jeralds (W) Cody"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr D AAPI DC Comics 2023 0323DC082 1055D (CA) Chang"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol 2 Villains Journey NEW 52 tpb DC Comics 0613DC116 Williams"
JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON