This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures

Postby Va'al » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:40 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The rumour mill keeps on grinding, and we have another Toys'R'Us system sighting thanks to fellow fansite TFW2005's user Icespark. It appears that two listings have been found in the catalogues, showing a Hasbro release of Masterpiece Blustreak - something we reported on all the way back in June from BotCon - priced at $59.99, and, potentially more interesting for some, a 'Megatronus' figure, priced at $29.99, with no other detail as to what line, type or any other indication of toy this might be. Check out the listings for yourself below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Could Megatronus be the Leader Megatron, as a reference to Meg's previous incarnation as a gladiator? I always thought the new figure looked a bit like WWI Megs in bot mode. Alt mode wouldn't make a lot of sense as he looks like a very earth like tank...
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures

Postby Blozor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
I wonder if they're calling the (Energon? Armada?) Megatron "Megatronus" to avoid confusion from kids.
Blozor
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Blozor wrote:I wonder if they're calling the (Energon? Armada?) Megatron "Megatronus" to avoid confusion from kids.

"Armada Megatron" is the official name for the retool. That said, the names on internal listings don't have to match that of the toy.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Wh33l Jck » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:45 pm

So is that Megatronus a generations voyager???

Wasn't there some talk that in IDW that Galvatron could possibly be Megatronus???

I only ask, because I just feel a Galvatron figure would make sense since he is in charge of the Decepticons right now.
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
warzon3 wrote:So is that Megatronus a generations voyager???

Wasn't there some talk that in IDW that Galvatron could possibly be Megatronus???

I only ask, because I just feel a Galvatron figure would make sense since he is in charge of the Decepticons right now.

I feel like it could be a Generations Voyager, just at TRU mark-up pricing, but seems weird to not just use "Galvatron" in that case. My guess - Galvatron combiner torso is happening (Just a feeling ;) ) and this "Megatronus" is the redeco of it.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby shajaki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
megatronus? where are ya buddy?

quick! take a selfie and post it! also, whats your alt mode?!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ScottyP wrote:

I feel like it could be a Generations Voyager, just at TRU mark-up pricing, but seems weird to not just use "Galvatron" in that case. My guess - Galvatron combiner torso is happening (Just a feeling ;) ) and this "Megatronus" is the redeco of it.

If you want to believe the rumors, Silverbolt is being remolded into Cyclonus and his combined form is Galvatron. Seems like a stretch, but the image Hasbro is using for the Fan Built Combiner Poll is adding more fuel to the rumor.

10891885_774352252634971_640378507142863028_n.png
10891885_774352252634971_640378507142863028_n.png (114.82 KiB) Viewed 34079 times

It's clearly Silverbolt's shape, but the arms (or in this form the legs) have Cyclonus' little forearm wings, but the head is very Galvatron looking. So if it's true don't expect a new Galvatron figure any time soon.

I think Megatronus will be a RID figure since the price doesn't really match any Generations scale.

Also don't get excited about Bluestreak's price, Prowl was also in computers at $59.99, but was at retail for $69.99.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby shajaki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Emerje wrote:If you want to believe the rumors, Silverbolt is being remolded into Cyclonus and his combined form is Galvatron. Seems like a stretch, but the image Hasbro is using for the Fan Built Combiner Poll is adding more fuel to the rumor.
oh man. if thats true, that would be so awesome. i dont even care about the combined mode. silverbolt is such a good stand alone figure, that a cyclonus remold would (hopefully) be just as awesome.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:28 pm

shajaki wrote:
Emerje wrote:If you want to believe the rumors, Silverbolt is being remolded into Cyclonus and his combined form is Galvatron. Seems like a stretch, but the image Hasbro is using for the Fan Built Combiner Poll is adding more fuel to the rumor.
oh man. if thats true, that would be so awesome. i dont even care about the combined mode. silverbolt is such a good stand alone figure, that a cyclonus remold would (hopefully) be just as awesome.

This has my attention. Be willing to buy these toys if they look good and have Generation One deco's.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby shockblast2 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
I would rather buy the KO for $32 from the same Chinese factory. Even the critics are compelled to admit that the quality is higher on the KO's.
Last edited by shockblast2 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Notice something peculiar about the Megatronus listing. It's priced at $29.99. There is no known pricepoint that is currently $29.99. The RID 3-step-changers are $19.99, the Generations Voyagers are $24.99, and the Generations Leaders are $44.99. Whatever it is, it isn't part of any known size class.

As to its identity, I do have one theory. The name "Megatronus" originated in Aligned media (novels, Prime cartoon, Covenant of Primus book, etc.) to refer to two things. One is the original name of The Fallen, and the other is the original "proper" name of Megatron (who originally only had a number, not a name: "D-16", he named himself after The Fallen's original name). Now, I'm not expecting a bunch of toys all based on the Thirteen even if Optimus might be training under each of them in the afterlife, but here's a theory that might seem more plausible. Remember how Megatron retired from being evil at the end of TF: Prime? Well, suppose he decided to also retire his "Megatron" name (as it had become associated with the evil of the Decepticons) and go back to using his old "Megatronus" name. Thus, this "Megatronus" toy could be a RID toy of a no longer evil Megatron, circa post-Prime.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby shajaki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:08 pm

y'know what hoping? or say, dreaming? that hasbros bluestreak is actually a BLUEstreak.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
shajaki wrote:y'know what hoping? or say, dreaming? that hasbros bluestreak is actually a BLUEstreak.
If Hasbro's Prowl is anything to go by, I wouldn't expect Bluestreak or Sideswipe to be that much different from the Takara versions, possibly due to the car licensors having already accepted those decos when Takara released them.

Not to mention that Hasbro showed off Takara stock photos of the MPs when they announced their versions back at BotCon.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7

Postby shajaki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:y'know what hoping? or say, dreaming? that hasbros bluestreak is actually a BLUEstreak.
If Hasbro's Prowl is anything to go by, I wouldn't expect Bluestreak or Sideswipe to be that much different from the Takara versions, possibly due to the car licensors having already accepted those decos when Takara released them.

Not to mention that Hasbro showed off Takara stock photos of the MPs when they announced their versions back at BotCon.
s'why i said dreaming. ;)
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Well, I will definitely get Bluetreak just so that I can keep him in car mode for comparisons in reviews. I opted for MP-18S because I favored the old toy look over the show.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9

Postby Black Bumblebee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:51 pm

If they actually see Bluestreak at $59.99, I will buy it, as I do want to support the Masterpiece line in the United States. If they jack it up to $79.99 though, like they did with Prowl, I will let it rot on the shelves.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby shajaki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Black Bumblebee wrote:If they actually see Bluestreak at $59.99, I will buy it, as I do want to support the Masterpiece line in the United States. If they jack it up to $79.99 though, like they did with Prowl, I will let it rot on the shelves.
is prowl 80 bucks? hes only 70 CAD up here right now...
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
shajaki wrote:
Black Bumblebee wrote:If they actually see Bluestreak at $59.99, I will buy it, as I do want to support the Masterpiece line in the United States. If they jack it up to $79.99 though, like they did with Prowl, I will let it rot on the shelves.

He was 69.99 last I saw, which was when I picked him up for a buddy.

EDIT: Actually, I put it on layaway and picked it up for a buddy. It was 69.99 when I put it on layaway, but it was 59.99 when I paid for it. They had reduced the price. This was first week December.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
sol magnus wrote:
shajaki wrote:

He was 69.99 last I saw, which was when I picked him up for a buddy.

EDIT: Actually, I put it on layaway and picked it up for a buddy. It was 69.99 when I put it on layaway, but it was 59.99 when I paid for it. They had reduced the price. This was first week December.

They then cut the price in half for Christmas and then returned it to US$69.99.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:06 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."

That's what I've been waiting for to buy Bluestreak. Regardless of what this one looks like I'll pick it up to complete my car trio. I hope they include the launchers since the animation model used them.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ScottyP » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:41 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:Thus, this "Megatronus" toy could be a RID toy of a no longer evil Megatron, circa post-Prime.

This is very plausible and your entire post summarizes my alternate thoughts well. Good stuff!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SkyWarpt » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Motto: "Having kids…the perfect excuse to be a kid"
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
Generations Voyagers are priced at 29.99 at TRU
SkyWarpt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Buy from SkyWarpt on eBay
Intelligence: N/A
Courage: 9
Skill: Infinity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
ScottyP wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Thus, this "Megatronus" toy could be a RID toy of a no longer evil Megatron, circa post-Prime.

This is very plausible and your entire post summarizes my alternate thoughts well. Good stuff!

Wasn't there a listing months ago of upcoming toys that had a voyager Megatron listed as either RID or Beast and some assumed it was MegaUnicron?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby prjkt » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Emerje wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

If you want to believe the rumors, Silverbolt is being remolded into Cyclonus and his combined form is Galvatron. Seems like a stretch, but the image Hasbro is using for the Fan Built Combiner Poll is adding more fuel to the rumor.

10891885_774352252634971_640378507142863028_n.png

It's clearly Silverbolt's shape, but the arms (or in this form the legs) have Cyclonus' little forearm wings, but the head is very Galvatron looking. So if it's true don't expect a new Galvatron figure any time soon.

I think Megatronus will be a RID figure since the price doesn't really match any Generations scale.

Also don't get excited about Bluestreak's price, Prowl was also in computers at $59.99, but was at retail for $69.99.

Emerje
unless those little winglets in the silhouette there fold away, in altmode they're going to get in the way, either of the wings above, or prevent him sitting flat (at these bleary stage of the morning I can't quite work out which)

So I think that image is just a bit of photoshoppery of current releases, changed just enough to give people an idea they can vote for something new
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr ZZ30 Seibertron.com Exclusive Image Comics 2023 (CA) Ferrari"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM896 (CA) Parel + Chuong"
TRANSFORMERS #1 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Quintesson Set of 5 A B C D E Image Comics (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 230926D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #10 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS #10 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #53 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210495 34B (CA) Margevich (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222C"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926O"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON