This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Publishing Transformers Comics April 2015 Solicitations: Defensor, Devastator, Windblade & More

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Publishing Transformers Comics April 2015 Solicitations: Defensor, Devastator, Windblade & More

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:11 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Our friends over at IDW Publishing have released the comics solcitiation for their April 2015 releases, featuring not only the continuation of the two current ongoings The Transformers and More Than Meets the Eye, but also the return of Widndblade as it takes its own component of Combiner Wars! We also get to look at some more Transformers vs G.I. Joe, and the possible cover of the seventh volume of what used to be called Robots in Disguise, collecting the pre-CW arc. Check them all out below, including our first look at CW Defensor, Devastator, and the various team members.

Transformers vs G.I. JOE #8
Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Scioli (a & c)
In the interplanetary war between the TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE, anything can happen… and does.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers vs G.I. Joe #8—Subscription Variant
Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Scioli (a) • Andy Suriano (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
• Action and excitement as only Tom Scioli can deliver!
• You won’t believe your eyes!
• Variant Cover by Artyon Trakhanov!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #40
James Roberts (w) • Brendan Cahill (a) • Alex Milne (c)
Having saved the universe—kind of—the Lost Light crew deal with the fallout in a manner befitting the gravity of the situation. Kind of.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #40—Subscription Variant
James Roberts (w) • Brendan Cahill (a) • Nick Roche (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
• The march to issue 50 begins here!
• The critically acclaimed MTMTE continues its mind-blowing run!
• Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill

Transformers #40—Combiner Wars
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
The COMBINERS have arrived! STARSCREAM wrestles for dominance with OPTIMUS PRIME as surprising reinforcements approach—from the Lost Light!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #40—Combiner Wars—Subscription Variant
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a & c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
• Tying in with Hasbro’s 2015 Transformers: Generations toy line, this epic will be supported across multiple media platforms!
• Combiner Wars Part 2!
• Variant Hasbro Combiner Wars poster cover

Transformers: Windblade—Combiner Wars #2
Mairghread Scott (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
PROWL makes his move… and the galaxy will never be the same. Can WINDBLADE stand against the threat of the COMBINERS?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Windblade—Combiner Wars #2—Subscription Variant
Mairghread Scott (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a & c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
• Combiner Wars Part 3!
• The biggest battle on CYBERTRON is about to get bigger!
• Variant Hasbro Combiner Wars poster cover

Transformers, Vol. 7
John Barber (w) • Sarah Stone, Livio Ramondelli, Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
The secret origins of CYBERTRON’s golden age are revealed to OPTIMUS PRIME—and what he learns changes everything about the AUTOBOTS’ mission on Earth. Collects issues #33–38.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 152 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-285-2

Bullet points:
• Robots in Disguise becomes The Transformers

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Publishing Transformers Comics April 2015 Solicitations: Defensor, Devastator, Windblade & More

Postby steve2275 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:15 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
sweet
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Publishing Transformers Comics April 2015 Solicitations: Defensor, Devastator, Windblade & More

Postby mblase75 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:43 am

Defensor:

- has two road vehicles and an Alpha Bravo repaint for limbs
- has a torso that looks a lot like Superion's
- has to go toe-to-toe with Prowlstator?

It's starting to look like we won't get a new Bruticus after all....
mblase75
Micromaster
Buy from mblase75 on eBay

Postby Madeus Prime » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:43 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Defensor appears to the composed of 2/5 original molds. :-? I spy Breakdown as an arm (maybe Streetwise?), Alpha Bravo as Blades as an arm and Offroad as a leg (Rook or First Aid?)

Either way, these limb-bots look good enough to get the repaints of them, I'm excited. :D
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby steve2275 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:59 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
prowlvastator vs defensor? :D
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby ax255 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:13 am

The combiner on the bottom, with Devastator is not Defensor...There is clearly a picture of him alone.
The one on the bottom, that looks like its about to get dominated, looks like Bruticus...Same head style...same wing chest plate piece. Vortex is an arm, Swindle is an arm...and you don't see the rest. :BANG_HEAD:
ax255
Mini-Con

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:28 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Defensor and Devastator. Great, more fuel to the fire (Combiner Wars).

What makes everyone so sure that Hasbro would use the parts of Superion and Menasor for other combiners? :???:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:36 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That's not swindle, looks like one of the Stunticons, in fact the helicopter looks to me to be alpha Bravo straight up. Looks just to be advertising the scramble city aspect of Combiner Wars then actually being a full combaticons (which I would prefer to come later on...which according to rumours may be the case since we're supposed to be getting the Autobots cars.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:47 am

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
The one th has prowstator in yhe back has a bruticus like chestplate
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Hoverboardin' Tailgate! :lol:

steve2275 wrote:prowlvastator vs defensor? :D

Took me waaaaaaaay too long to figure out who was on that cover. One limb looks blue, another brown, a third green, no distinct vehicle parts and I'm just befuddled.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Is it wrong I want at least one cover of combiner wars that's essentially the queen News of the World cover but with prowlastator?
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby CrankyOldTruck » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:58 pm

Motto: ""Experience,lad... you should learn to appreciate it!""
Weapon: Old-Style Musket Laser
Devastator versus Menasor. SWEET!
I'm a cigar chomping, Energon guzzling, crotchety old bot that's tough as nails, two days older than dirt, can out grouch Ironhide, out-complain Huffer, leave Bluestreak speechless with a single glare and make Grimlock back down in a stare-off. If you're nice, and extremely lucky, I may only tell you to go blow it out your exhaust pipe!
CrankyOldTruck
Minibot
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby MaverickPrime » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
So, Alpha Bravo will indeed become Blades...I hope they at least give him a different head sculpt, because AB's head is totally First Aid's head, I don't care if he is a repaint or not, but please, PLEASE give him Alpha Bravo's(or a new) head!!!
If First Aid's body won't look like it has looked in MTMTE at least make it right with the proper noggin'
Also, I want all the combiners, but it's gonna cause me a personal conflict, because I don't want to feel like I'm replacing my GDO Hot Spot, I really like it :(
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:40 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Man. I am so pissed off that Defensor seems like a real possibility. I mean...come on Hasbro, leave me SOME of my money!!!
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 8

Postby Emerje » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ZeroWolf wrote:That's not swindle, looks like one of the Stunticons, in fact the helicopter looks to me to be alpha Bravo straight up. Looks just to be advertising the scramble city aspect of Combiner Wars then actually being a full combaticons (which I would prefer to come later on...which according to rumours may be the case since we're supposed to be getting the Autobots cars.

Well, it's a variant cover so it doesn't necessarily have to represent the comic 100%. I agree, it's not Bruticus, it's Dead End, Alpha Bravo, and Hot Spot with Defensor's "ears" overly exaggerated by the artist. If you look at the legs you can see they're Hot Spot's color blue. The chest shield may also be an exaggerated take on Menasor's (Black Jack's) from the CW figure.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3

Postby Zeek99g » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Motto: "Always Forward, Always Progressing."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Please help me out here as I have not been reading the comics, what is Prowlestator? :-(
Zeek99g
Minibot
Strength: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 4
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby GreenLantern of Cybertron » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Motto: "Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light!"
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Hologram Gun
Thundercracker has a dog?!

Now I need a dog.
Freedom is a sacred right,
for all sentient beings for who I fight,
let evil know fear and doubt,
Green Lantern Corps transform and roll out!
GreenLantern of Cybertron
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:20 am

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
Weapon: Black Magic
Zeek99g wrote:Please help me out here as I have not been reading the comics, what is Prowlestator? :-(

Scrapper is dead. Part of the Decepticon plot in the first story arc of RiD's run was Prowl being mind controlled and modified to become Devastator's new head. After Dark Cybertron the Constructicons threw their lot in with him since they melded minds and liked what they saw.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7

Postby synapse » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:39 am

Va'al wrote:

So, according to this pic, HotSpot would be like a hundred times as big as Windblade, right?
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:51 am

synapse wrote:
Va'al wrote:

So, according to this pic, HotSpot would be like a hundred times as big as Windblade, right?

I was under the impression of that being Defensor, what with the helicopter arm and truck leg, plus the Combiner Wars new hands with guns. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby synapse » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:04 am

Va'al wrote:
synapse wrote:
Va'al wrote:

I was under the impression of that being Defensor, what with the helicopter arm and truck leg, plus the Combiner Wars new hands with guns. :-?

:BANG_HEAD:

OF COURSE that's Defensor, man. I mean the whole main torso is HotSpot. That means all the blue parts we see in that pic. All right, if you prefer: Defensor's torso would be like a hundred times as big as Windblade, right?

And then, when not combined, HotSpot is Optimus size at best.
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:07 am

synapse wrote:
Va'al wrote:
synapse wrote:
Va'al wrote:

:BANG_HEAD:

OF COURSE that's Defensor, man. I mean the whole main torso is HotSpot. That means all the blue parts we see in that pic. All right, if you prefer: Defensor's torso would be like a hundred times as big as Windblade, right?

And then, when not combined, HotSpot is Optimus size at best.

Ah, I see what you mean, sorry, just got up! :D

I do believe there is a lot of mass shifting involved in the comics, at least that's what we've seen so far. Otherwise Prowlestator would't really work, even with Prowl's new body.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby synapse » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:14 am

I know, that's what bothers me. Megatron's spark was modified for mass displacement, Prowl's wasn't (not that we know of, anyway). As it took Shockwave centuries to perfect the combiner tech, he could have modified the Constructicons' sparks before the AHM series, ok fine... but why do all TF artists seem to LOVE making the combiners ridiculously huge when there's no need? Only Figueroa seemed to deliberately draw Monstructor right (or at least, right size) in Spotlight: Optimus Prime.

Oh well...
synapse
Fuzor
Watch synapse on YouTube
Buy from synapse on eBay

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 am

Motto: "Embrace the coming oblivion."
synapse wrote:I know, that's what bothers me. Megatron's spark was modified for mass displacement, Prowl's wasn't (not that we know of, anyway). As it took Shockwave centuries to perfect the combiner tech, he could have modified the Constructicons' sparks before the AHM series, ok fine... but why do all TF artists seem to LOVE making the combiners ridiculously huge when there's no need? Only Figueroa seemed to deliberately draw Monstructor right (or at least, right size) in Spotlight: Optimus Prime.

Oh well...

Dramatic effect.
Twitchythe3rd
Brainmaster
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:16 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I think they do it on purpose for the point of giant robots fighting...which means from a human perspective they will be godzilla sized (will that be tge next IDW crossover? Godzilla vs Combiner Wars? )
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOGUS POCUS Transformers BotBots Series 2 Backpack Bunch Hasbro 2019 magic book"
BOGUS POCUS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 231222Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926B"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #29 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18B DEC190651"
TRANSFORMERS #18 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #23 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD ERA 23B JUN200583 (CA) Baumgartner"
TRANSFORMERS #23 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915N"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON