This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby Yotsuyasan » Sun May 24, 2015 7:54 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
munkimus prime wrote:I must say that Superion has a very nice box. I'm not sure if it's enough reason for me to get it but it does look pretty. :grin:

Well, I ain't buying it for the box myself, but a pretty box (as long as it doesn't inflate the price) never hurt anything.

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby Munkky » Sun May 24, 2015 8:46 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I can't wait for the 1984 Autobot Combiner. I've been combining my Voyager Optimus with the Deluxe Stunticons to get a rough idea of what it (and Menasor because I don't have Motormaster yet) will look like, and I think they're going to be excellent repaints. :D
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Diem » Sun May 24, 2015 8:56 am

megatronus wrote:
Diem wrote:They should know that there's a few thousand morons who are willing to pay more to "complete" a figure than we did for the actual figure itself.

It might be wise to avoid calling a large segment of the fandom morons. >:oP

Notice I used "we" there, I'm including myself among the morons here. :lol:
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Powered Convoy » Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 am

munkimus prime wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:I wonder what color hands and feet the 1984 Autobot combiner (either version, Hasbro's or Takara's) will have? There was that banner ad that featured artwork that will be presumably Hasbro's version, but I cannot recall off of the top of my head what color the hand in the image was...

I'm kind of hoping Hasbro's Autobot combiner comes with white hands and feet. That way I can give Superion the White ones and Optimus Maximus can have the black ones.

I must say that Superion has a very nice box. I'm not sure if it's enough reason for me to get it but it does look pretty. :grin:

Silver for the Hasbro one, and I imagine Takara will follow suit so Sunstreaker's engine is silver.

Randy
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun May 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:the one thing that hasbro should have done and i'm still wondering why, is the white hands and feet
why hasbro why? :BANG_HEAD:
Black hands/feet are what the original toys had.

And provide more color contrast that keeps the overall figure from being too overwhelmingly white.

I do like the white hands/feet, though.

uh what are you taking about! i have an original superion i am looking at it right now and they are white!
here is a picture
Attachments
r_superion051.jpg
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Powered Convoy wrote:
munkimus prime wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:I wonder what color hands and feet the 1984 Autobot combiner (either version, Hasbro's or Takara's) will have? There was that banner ad that featured artwork that will be presumably Hasbro's version, but I cannot recall off of the top of my head what color the hand in the image was...

I'm kind of hoping Hasbro's Autobot combiner comes with white hands and feet. That way I can give Superion the White ones and Optimus Maximus can have the black ones.

I must say that Superion has a very nice box. I'm not sure if it's enough reason for me to get it but it does look pretty. :grin:

Silver for the Hasbro one, and I imagine Takara will follow suit so Sunstreaker's engine is silver.

Randy

actually G1 superion has white G1 defensor has black G1 bruticus has silver both hasbro and takara are the same!
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Skill: 10

Postby Rated X » Sun May 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
A combiner based on lazy repaints that never actually existed in any fiction. For those of you who want to re-enact the G1 episode "Masquerade" that badly, just buy two Menasors.
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun May 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rated X wrote:A combiner based on lazy repaints that never actually existed in any fiction. For those of you who want to re-enact the G1 episode "Masquerade" that badly, just buy two Menasors.

What if they just like combiners, period? I know I do :x
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby steals_your_goats » Sun May 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Rated X wrote:A combiner based on lazy repaints that never actually existed in any fiction. For those of you who want to re-enact the G1 episode "Masquerade" that badly, just buy two Menasors.

Don't like them, then don't buy them. No one is forcing you to get them so stop trying to ruin it for everyone else. I get that it's your thing to just hate everything new but if you got off your high horse for one second you might find that these things you constantly make fun of aren't really that bad.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun May 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."

It's just for fun dude, I'm probably going to pick the limbs up stateside because I want a new Prowl, Ironhide, and Mirage (not all that fond of the Breakdown mold, skipping Sunstreaker).

BTW, wasn't there some product listings that indicated we're getting a new Wheeljack soon?
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Deadput » Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon

Edit: Making my post less hostile.

A homage is a homage no matter how you look into it.

I don't think you know the definition of lazy enough to be able to call these repaints lazy.
Last edited by Deadput on Sun May 24, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Evil Eye » Sun May 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Is making useless posts your specialty?

Yes. X is our resident FUNposter.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Sun May 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers

For a num,ber of us, I suspect the Combiner aspect is second to having new versions of the characters. I've played around with Trqansforming Optimus, even toyed with head-canon ideas of the Matrix manifesting itself through his combined form, but I have nev er actually combined Prime and doubt I ever will, I just like his figure. (It's grown on me, and I think looks good next to Cloud Roadbuster/Crosshairs, IDW Bee, Gen Drift, Uni Hound, and AOE Rollbar.) If I do get any of them, Ironhide will be the first and he's immediately getting Prime Kup's cannons. But I'll have to wait for In Stores to make that call,

And actually, with Rook already being in the right colors, I plan on nabbing the Mirage fig to be Rescue Force 2, and using the fact that the reart spoiler can tilt to help represent the water cannons.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 24, 2015 6:23 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
munkimus prime wrote:

The Hasbro ones look to be gray in this pic:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 24, 2015 7:10 pm

I just had an epiphany about the 1984 Autobot combiner.

Notice that the limb arrangement on the Takara version is not only a reverse of Hasbro's, but also has the four limbs specifically in the following placements:

Right arm: Ironhide
Left arm: Prowl
Right leg: Sunstreaker
Left leg: Ligier/Mirage

Know who else has a similar limb arrangement, color-wise? This guy:

This now has me VERY curious about the kind of deco the Optimus torso figure might have.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun May 24, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Diem » Sun May 24, 2015 7:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I just had an epiphany about the 1984 Autobot combiner.

Notice that the limb arrangement on the Takare version is not only a reverse of Hasbro's, but also has the four limbs specifically in the following placements:

(a big hand for Energon Prime!!! Woo woo woo!)

This now has me VERY curious about the kind of deco the Optimus torso figure might have.

Hey, once the Technobots come out we'll be able to make 3/5 of this guy!

And now I'm really hungry for the idea of a non-brick Energon Wing Saber who can split into four and combine onto Combiner Wars sockets.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby shajaki » Sun May 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Sabrblade wrote:I just had an epiphany about the 1984 Autobot combiner.

Notice that the limb arrangement on the Takare version is not only a reverse of Hasbro's, but also has the four limbs specifically in the following placements:

If that's what this means, I will be SO happy.
That's actually what I thought this teaser meant initially, but then everyone was saying 1984 Autobot Combiner. So I was confused.... why has it gotten that label anyways?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 24, 2015 7:22 pm

shajaki wrote:That's actually what I thought this teaser meant initially, but then everyone was saying 1984 Autobot Combiner. So I was confused.... why has it gotten that label anyways?
The components are all Autobots from 1984: Optimus, Ironhide, Mirage, Sunstreaker, and Prowl.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sun May 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:That's actually what I thought this teaser meant initially, but then everyone was saying 1984 Autobot Combiner. So I was confused.... why has it gotten that label anyways?
The components are all Autobots from 1984: Optimus, Ironhide, Mirage, Sunstreaker, and Prowl.
Yes.... I'm aware...
What I mean is if Prime is sculpted to homage Energon/Superlink, and TT lays out his limbs to homage it too... why label it as 1984 Autobot Combiner. I dunno. It's kinda misleading.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 24, 2015 7:34 pm

shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Yes.... I'm aware...
What I mean is if Prime is sculpted to homage Energon/Superlink, and TT lays out his limbs to homage it too... why label it as 1984 Autobot Combiner. I dunno. It's kinda misleading.
Well, Optimus isn't 100% sculpted to be an Energon homage. Only the inside of his combiner torso and his combiner head are. The outer doors of his combiner torso are a God Ginrai homage, and the rest of him in both vehicle and standard robot mode are pretty much your typical "updated G1" look.

And while the limbs are arranged in a manner that homages the colors of Energon Prime's super mode configuration, the limbs themselves aren't a homage to Energon Prime's limbs, since Ironhide is an updated Ironhide and not a fire truck, Prowl is an updated Prowl and not helicopter, Sunstreaker is an updated Sunstreaker and not a drill, and Mirage is an updated Mirage and not a submarine.

So the Energon homage is only a subtle one made by individuals who are your typical CHUG-style G1 character updates.

Plus, seeing as how this combiner was probably Hasbro's idea first, Hasbro's arranged the limbs in a manner that doesn't homage Energon Prime, and uses the white Optimus Maximus with the Legneds Rodimus as the torso instead of the normal Optimus Prime.

And the concept of it being an "Autobot Cars combiner" hearkens back to the G1 episode "Masquerade", but admittedly only in concept, as only Optimus and Mirage were part of that and it was handled differently than it is here.

Hope that clears things. :-B

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Hope that clears things. :-B
That wasn't really necessary. I'm not confused, I just see things differently than you. All those points have been discussed to death already, aaaand I've been here the whole time. >:oP
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 24, 2015 7:55 pm

shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hope that clears things. :-B
That wasn't really necessary. I'm not confused, I just see things differently than you. All those points have been discussed to death already, aaaand I've been here the whole time. >:oP

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Yotsuyasan » Sun May 24, 2015 8:53 pm

shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Yes.... I'm aware...

(Explain... Explain... Explain...)

Hope that clears things. :-B

That wasn't really necessary. I'm not confused, I just see things differently than you.

Well, I suppose we could just avoid all confusion and call him by his official name, yes? Which, until we learn if Takara has a different name for him, would be Optimus Maximus if my memory is correct, yes?

Although I suppose the "1984 Autobot combiner" moniker may have come about since, technically, any gestalt formed using Optimus Prime as the central component would be Optimus Maximus. Thus the "1984 Autobot combiner" moniker, to designate that Optimus is using those four specific other 1984 Autobots as the limbs.

This would be my take on things, at least.

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Yotsuyasan wrote:any gestalt formed using Optimus Prime as the central component would be Optimus Maximus.
Ultra Prime, you mean.

Optimus Maximus is the white redeco of Optimus Prime that Hasbro is releasing.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Yotsuyasan » Sun May 24, 2015 9:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:any gestalt formed using Optimus Prime as the central component would be Optimus Maximus.
Ultra Prime, you mean.

Optimus Maximus is the white redeco of Optimus Prime that Hasbro is releasing.

Ah, yes. That is what I get for operating from memory on a figure that is not a pre-existing concept. Well, swap in the correct name, and my point still stands. ;)

Don't see the point in that white redeco myself, especially since they aren't passing it off as a Magnus, having done a proper one for once. But whatever, I am sure there are those that will enjoy it.

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #18 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 NOV220243 18A (CA) Mack (W) Lewis 230906"
KING SPAWN #18 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0723IM805 268A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #250 2nd ptg Image Comics 2020 JUN208611 250 (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #250 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #11 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 AUG220222 11B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #11 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VAMPIRELLA SHADOWHAWK Creatures of the Night #1 Harris Image Comics TPB 220315A"
VAMPIRELLA SHADOWH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #26 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM337 26B (CA) Aguillo (W) Layman"
SCORCHED #26 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #16 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 NOV220220 16A (CA) Mack"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124B"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #318 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 MAR210228 318A (W) McFarlane (CA) Revolver"
SPAWN #318 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #340 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230272 340A (W) McConville (CA) Spears"
SPAWN #340 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR230144 22B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #22 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #27 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM317 27A (CA) Randal (W) Layman"
NEW!
SCORCHED #27 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #23 Cvr C TWD 20th Annv Image Comics 2023 0823IM448 23C (CA) Segovia"
SCORCHED #23 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #348 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM448 348A (W) McConville (CA) Carlos"
SPAWN #348 Cvr A I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON