This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby megatronus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:47 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
shajaki wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Yea... I bought the Star Saber coin on eBay yesterday for the sake of completion. Total collector whore.
......Hard core!
There's really only two coins that are hard to get: Jetwing Prime (long time to surface but not expensive) and MP-08 Grimlock (which I didn't even know existed cause it came out with the first TT reissue, very rare now and cost me like 70 bucks :BOOM: ).

Whaaaa? That is definitely a :BOOM:-level price.

Are you talking about the crown piece in the gold foil casing that came with the flame sword for the 30th anniversary, or something else?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby shajaki » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:04 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:There's really only two coins that are hard to get: Jetwing Prime (long time to surface but not expensive) and MP-08 Grimlock (which I didn't even know existed cause it came out with the first TT reissue, very rare now and cost me like 70 bucks :BOOM: ).

Are you talking about the crown piece in the gold foil casing that came with the flame sword for the 30th anniversary, or something else?
Nope, I have the fire thingy and not-coin, but its different. I'm not sure if it was the first TT reissue, or that Asia Con reissue right after, but one of them was released with an actual coin. I can snap some pics tonight if you'd like ;)
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby megatronus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:27 am

shajaki wrote:
megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:There's really only two coins that are hard to get: Jetwing Prime (long time to surface but not expensive) and MP-08 Grimlock (which I didn't even know existed cause it came out with the first TT reissue, very rare now and cost me like 70 bucks :BOOM: ).

Nope, I have the fire thingy and not-coin, but its different. I'm not sure if it was the first TT reissue, or that Asia Con reissue right after, but one of them was released with an actual coin. I can snap some pics tonight if you'd like ;)

Please do!

Oh god. I do not savor the impending hunt for this thing.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby shajaki » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:45 pm

megatronus wrote:
shajaki wrote:Nope, I have the fire thingy and not-coin, but its different. I'm not sure if it was the first TT reissue, or that Asia Con reissue right after, but one of them was released with an actual coin. I can snap some pics tonight if you'd like ;)
Please do!
Here's the elusive Grimlock coin!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby megatronus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 pm

NO. WAY.

:BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:50 am

UW01 wielding TAV19, from Yuki:

btw, has Hasbro released Devastator yet? I keep seeing in-hand images.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:13 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Cyberpath wrote:UW01 wielding TAV19, from Yuki:

btw, has Hasbro released Devastator yet? I keep seeing in-hand images.

Chinese factory "pre-release samples" most probably.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

TakaraTomy Transformer Unite Warriors Devastator Teased to be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show 2015

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:22 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
TakaraTomy's official website just updated with a interesting new teaser for their plans at the 2015 Tokyo Toy show! They put up a teaser image of their Unite Warriors Devastator and their plans to reveal him at the show! Takara Tomy also plans to have on display the latest product for their Adventure, Legends and Unite Warrior lines as well as the TakaraTomy's Mall exclusive Defensor.

Takara Tomy's presentation takes place at 10:30 AM on June 20th Japanese Time, Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates.

Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby RhA » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:24 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Either release a picture or don't, Takara. Don't pull that 3rd party cr*p on us.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 am

RhA wrote:Either release a picture or don't Takara. Don't pull that 3rd party cr*p on us.

They've done that with everyone of them. What's the problem? they even tell you they will reveal him on 6/20. Third Party will do something like this and reveal him one part at a time 6 months later. It's not exactly the same thing.
Looking for:
mooncake623
City Commander

Postby shajaki » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:37 am

mooncake623 wrote:
RhA wrote:Either release a picture or don't Takara. Don't pull that 3rd party cr*p on us.
They've done that with everyone of them. What's the problem? they even tell you they will reveal him on 6/20. Third Party will do something like this and reveal him one part at a time 6 months later. It's not exactly the same thing.
I love news like this. Everything in the news game is such a random crap shoot, its nice to be told "this is happening here on this day". Gives you something to look forward to ;)
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby RhA » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:58 am

mooncake623 wrote:

It's this half-butted slow-reveal stuff this is a huge pet peeve for me. We know just about everything about this guy as far as the interwebs can tell us and still you get a 'tease'. At least Superion and the others had some new thing about them. This is just a photocopy monstrocity.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby mooncake623 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:01 am

RhA wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

It's this half-butted slow-reveal stuff this is a huge pet peeve for me. We know just about everything about this guy as far as the interwebs can tell us and still you get a 'tease'. At least Superion and the others had some new thing about them. This is just a photocopy monstrocity.

It's only a week away! :D This is actually pretty good news that they will reveal their Devastator before SDCC this way you can decide which one you'll want.
Looking for:
mooncake623
City Commander

Re: TakaraTomy Transformer Unite Warriors Devastator Teased to be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show 2015

Postby Spanbauer » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am

mooncake623 wrote:TakaraTomy's official website just updated with a interesting new teaser for their plans at the 2015 Tokyo Toy show! They put up a teaser image of their Unite Warriors Devastator and their plans to reveal him at the show! Takara Tomy also plans to have on display the latest product for their Adventure, Legends and Unite Warrior lines as well as the TakaraTomy's Mall exclusive Defensor.

Takara Tomy's presentation takes place at 10:30 AM on June 20th Japanese Time, Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates.

Really, really, really hope that teaser picture isn't actually Takara Tomy's Devastator, because if it is it'll have more in common with the Hasbro retail version than the SDCC version (obviously the photo is very silhouetted, but you can tell there are no additional decals on Scavenger's vehicle mode, no purple waist on Devastator, no black treads on Bonecrusher, no extra decal on Devastator's waist). So hopefully they just grabbed a photo of the Hasbro retail version for this silhouette teaser and this isn't actually their version.
Last edited by Spanbauer on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spanbauer
Micromaster

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:15 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
mooncake623 wrote:
RhA wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

It's only a week away! :D This is actually pretty good news that they will reveal their Devastator before SDCC this way you can decide which one you'll want.

Yeah, thats great news! Do you guys know if they usually reveal the retail price as well?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RhA » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:38 am

mooncake623 wrote:
RhA wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

True enough, yet my mighty nerdrage continues. The SDCC version won't be on my shopping list. It's going to be either Takara or Hasbro, depending on price and motivation. I'm HEAVILY purging my collection in favor of Japanese bricks, so new stuff has to be priced right.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby dragons » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:53 am

RhA wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
RhA wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:

True enough, yet my mighty nerdrage continues. The SDCC version won't be on my shopping list. It's going to be either Takara or Hasbro, depending on price and motivation. I'm HEAVILY purging my collection in favor of Japanese bricks, so new stuff has to be priced right.

going after get hasbro version for people want detail its hasbro or takara not many people sdcc its visor or no visor visor or no visor make people want sdcc details are nice visor less not fan and chrome not chance of it
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

TFYuki Tweets New Unite Warriors Superion Image

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:27 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Takara Tomy's TFYuki has taken to Twitter again, this time to share an image of the finished product of their Unite Warriors (Hasbro's Combiner Wars) Superion in combined form, posed and ready for action!

This beautiful, and G1 accurate version of the Combiner Wars Aerialbot molds has been a highly anticipated release and images like these don't make the wait any easier! Unite Warriors Superion will be released in just about 2 weeks from now, so the wait's almost over. Until then, check out our galleries of the Combiner Wars originals!

To see Superion (with Alpha Bravo) click here.
To see Quickslinger (Slingshot) click here.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby RhA » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:35 am

As individuals, Hasbro's bots win. Combined Takara wins. Tough call.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:39 am

RhA wrote:As individuals, Hasbro's bots win. Combined Takara wins. Tough call.

It depends what we will display them in. I planned on displaying them in combined mode so getting choosing the takara version over hasbro was a no brainer. Also, I really like Takara's painted shoulders on silverbolt. I really dislike how the extensive sculpting in that area is devoid of paint in the hasbro version, it's obviously lacking something.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Re: TakaraTomy Transformer Unite Warriors Devastator Teased to be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show 2015

Postby no-one » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:15 pm

mooncake623 wrote:"teaser pic of Takara's Devastator"

Hahaha, what a cruel teaser pic. It hides everything that we want to see. It also looks like a newspaper clipping reprinted from microfiche at the local library. Well play Takara, well played. jerks
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 pm

carytheone wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:"teaser pic of Takara's Devastator"

Hahaha, what a cruel teaser pic. It hides everything that we want to see. It also looks like a newspaper clipping reprinted from microfiche at the local library. Well play Takara, well played. jerks

Just kidding, I found it so funny I had to comment on it

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:24 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
mooncake623 wrote:It's only a week away! :D This is actually pretty good news that they will reveal their Devastator before SDCC this way you can decide which one you'll want.

Exactly, my friend! Soon I'll know which version of Devastator I'll be investing in. Even though I'll still have to wait a while to get ANY of the upcoming releases, at least I'll have the peace of mind knowing what the goal is, in terms of time and money, to get this awesome beast in my collection. :)

Spanbauer wrote:Really, really, really hope that teaser picture isn't actually Takara Tomy's Devastator, because if it is it'll have more in common with the Hasbro retail version than the SDCC version (obviously the photo is very silhouetted, but you can tell there are no additional decals on Scavenger's vehicle mode, no purple waist on Devastator, no black treads on Bonecrusher, no extra decal on Devastator's waist). So hopefully they just grabbed a photo of the Hasbro retail version for this silhouette teaser and this isn't actually their version.

On the other paw, if that IS a photoshop of the legit Takara version, looks like the shades are IN for their release. That makes me quite happy. :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby shajaki » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:On the other paw
:lol:
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Spanbauer » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:09 pm

From TF YUKI's Twitter: Image

So, we've got G1-style guns for the whole crew, which is awesome. This is also our first look at the shades of green and purple Takara Tomy are using, and both look perfect in my book.

Regarding differences, Hook has silver on the front of his legs and a purple ankle joint. Bonecrusher actually has LESS paint apps, missing the silver on his arms and just leaving them green. Can't tell if Mixmaster has the painted headlights like the SDCC version; doesn't look like it but they're indented so could be the angle.

Bonecrusher's plain arms makes me think they're going with a literal G1 cartoon approach, stripping away paint apps ala Dragstrip instead of finding a balance between the original toy and cartoon.
Spanbauer
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Robot Replicas ROTF 2009 210930A"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 220802A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Cyber Slammers RATCHET Transformers Movie 2007 complete Hasbro 170510A"
Cyber Slammers RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon OFFICIAL TRADING CARDS Pack 2011 Hasbro New DOTM"
Transformers Dark ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LA15 GRIMLOCK Transformers Lost Age Extinction AOE Takara Power Battlers New"
LA15 GRIMLOCK Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON