This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
chuckdawg1999 wrote: what's worse is he didn't even submit his own review

We were still notified of this review through the proper channels.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Video Review - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW03 Guardian, feat Groove

Postby no-one » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:05 pm

william-james88 wrote:
MemphisR56 wrote:
...I... I don't mean to be mean here, but I really can't sit through Felzbug's reviews.

I dont think you're the only one. Is the TF reviewer landscape that competitive that people have to create characters to set themselves apart? Let us know Chuck!

I personally like Thew, who has personality but is just him and not a character. He just says what he likes about the figure and shows you why it's awesome, rather than a more conventional review which simply describes a figure. He also lets you know what frustrates him. It gives a good sense of what is good in a toy and what isnt. What really surprised me was his dissapointment to Generations Leader Megatron. But it helped set my expectations.
It would seem that way. I like felzbug's goofy schtick. Speaking of goofy schtick, I've enjoyed the new kid on the block; death reviews. His pacing or maybe delivery reminds me a lot of prime reviews or some other reviewer. And while I'm completely off topic; how'd I miss this drinking game Chuck referred to? I love drinking... umm... games.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

UW04 Devastator

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Paid. Looks like HLJ doesn't ship huge packages via SAL anymore. My shipping was changed to EMS. I hope it won't cost me more money upon arrival.

This set better be awesome. :lol: :shock:
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Randomhero » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:12 pm

It's an okay review but I can't really take the points of QC seriously when your comparing one figure you've had for probably a good 6 months and played with a lot and one figure where you're literally reviewing it right out of the box.

Also saying hasbros hips don't connect well WHEN YOU CAN SEE TAKARAS VERSIONS HIPS ARE NOT PROPERLY CONNECTED IN THE VIDEO! :lol:
Last edited by Randomhero on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Re: Video Review - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW03 Guardian, feat Groove

Postby Randomhero » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
MemphisR56 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:
What's with the gloves?

Felzbug's reviews are all like that. He's reviewing in-character... so the gloves are supposed to be the puppet's hands.

...I... I don't mean to be mean here, but I really can't sit through Felzbug's reviews.
I won't be watching any more of them either. Very annoying.

Will Victorion be a UW release or a regular Hasbro one with all the members sold separately?

Not sure if TT will release her (even if they did we probably wouldn't see her until 2017 at the rate that they're going), but, as for hasbro, she will be a boxset released (presumably) alongside the G2 boxsets and will retail for ~$100.

They might. They are after all releasing their own versions Galvatronus and Optimus Maximus. Probably won't be too different. Different shades of color is probably it. Then again, Takara did skip over Jhiaxus, Skids, Scoop(I think) and Crosscut who is originally a takara character.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Re: UW04 Devastator

Postby Cobotron » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Cyberpath wrote:Paid. Looks like HLJ doesn't ship huge packages via SAL anymore. My shipping was changed to EMS. I hope it won't cost me more money upon arrival.

Amiami bumped me up to SAL Parcel due to size too, and... YIKES! That's a hefty shipping fee. EMS was about $6 bucks more. Seeing how it's Crimus time, I figured I better save 6 bucks.

Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
chuckdawg1999 wrote:How did he get Defensor so early? I just ordered mine off Robot Kingdom and they said December 12th. EVERYONE says December 12th, what's worse is he didn't even submit his own review. If I knew this was coming I would've held off and gotten it with Devastator! *Insert Charlie Brown scream*

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... 6&page=top

still available............
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Likeits1985 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:04 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:How did he get Defensor so early? I just ordered mine off Robot Kingdom and they said December 12th. EVERYONE says December 12th, what's worse is he didn't even submit his own review. If I knew this was coming I would've held off and gotten it with Devastator! *Insert Charlie Brown scream*

Eh...you can't always be the first person to post a video review of a Transformers figure on YouTube. I am a YouTube Transformers toy reviewer myself, and I used to go on eBay and spend big bucks to get the figures before their official release. But I gave that up because the big name TF reviewers always got their figures first, and therefore posted their TF reviews before I did. I don't hate the players, I just hate the game...
Likeits1985
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Watch Likeits1985 on YouTube
Buy from Likeits1985 on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Likeits1985 wrote:

Eh...you can't always be the first person to post a video review of a Transformers figure on YouTube. I am a YouTube Transformers toy reviewer myself, and I used to go on eBay and spend big bucks to get the figures before their official release. But I gave that up because the big name TF reviewers always got their figures first, and therefore posted their TF reviews before I did. I don't hate the players, I just hate the game...

Yup. There will always be "samples" released to those with connections to the industries. Most would be BIG time retailers or regional distributors.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Wow. These reviewers are just getting terrible? Do they all need gimmicks now?
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
You guys think this review is bad? Here's a how-to guide on how to make bad Transformers reviews:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You guys think this review is bad? Here's a how-to guide on how to make bad Transformers reviews:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby MemphisR56 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:33 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
I actaully watched an old BaltMatrix review the other just the other night where he yells "I'll be down in a minute!!" to a disembodied female voice mid-review. Why would you not edit that out?! :SICK:
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:57 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah but that's what gets me, I take the time to post the reviews and submit them, AND make myself available for questions etc. Most of the reviewers I see featured here I NEVER see post in the threads and, to be quite honest, I've heard are very negative towards this site. Why someone would worry about the work of somebody else I don't know, is the free small coffee with every 10 news credits worth it? I'll use Felzebug as an example, does he really get a boost from this site? I've seen his numbers and they're high enough that I would say no, the overlap between Seibertron visitors and his viewers is already covered. I don't mean to complain, it's just this has bugged me for awhile.

carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
MemphisR56 wrote:

I dont think you're the only one. Is the TF reviewer landscape that competitive that people have to create characters to set themselves apart? Let us know Chuck!

I personally like Thew, who has personality but is just him and not a character. He just says what he likes about the figure and shows you why it's awesome, rather than a more conventional review which simply describes a figure. He also lets you know what frustrates him. It gives a good sense of what is good in a toy and what isnt. What really surprised me was his dissapointment to Generations Leader Megatron. But it helped set my expectations.
It would seem that way. I like felzbug's goofy schtick. Speaking of goofy schtick, I've enjoyed the new kid on the block; death reviews. His pacing or maybe delivery reminds me a lot of prime reviews or some other reviewer. And while I'm completely off topic; how'd I miss this drinking game Chuck referred to? I love drinking... umm... games.

Do you read the comments on YouTube? I've been informed I tend to get a bit repetitive with my dialogue.

fenrir72 wrote:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... 6&page=top

still available............

I was really hoping this was coming later in the month since I just paid for Defensor, who was supposed to be a Christmas present, long story. We really need a group therapy lounge here.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:53 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah but that's what gets me, I take the time to post the reviews and submit them, AND make myself available for questions etc. Most of the reviewers I see featured here I NEVER see post in the threads and, to be quite honest, I've heard are very negative towards this site. Why someone would worry about the work of somebody else I don't know, is the free small coffee with every 10 news credits worth it? I'll use Felzebug as an example, does he really get a boost from this site? I've seen his numbers and they're high enough that I would say no, the overlap between Seibertron visitors and his viewers is already covered. I don't mean to complain, it's just this has bugged me for awhile.

You are all in this 'business' together. If someone sends us a notification of a review, through the appropriate form or by sending us an email, we cover it (if it's the first one for a figure, and if it is relevant to the news cycle). The News staff has no policy towards who gets newsed first, we're working for the fandom who visits this site.

If you have a complaint about how this operates, please send an email to myself or Ryan, and we can discuss it off the boards. We're happy to give you the front page spotlight when you send something, but it's not always the case!

Thank you. :)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby MemphisR56 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:56 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
chuckdawg1999 wrote:We really need a group therapy lounge here.

Tell me about it. Full wave 1 2016, Titan UW Devvy, Platinum Dinobots. This is a month of pure wallet destruction if I get everything I want.

Hi everyone. My name is Memphis, and I am a CHUGaholic.
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:37 am

MemphisR56 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:We really need a group therapy lounge here.

Tell me about it. Full wave 1 2016, Titan UW Devvy, Platinum Dinobots. This is a month of pure wallet destruction if I get everything I want.

Hi everyone. My name is Memphis, and I am a CHUGaholic.

Aren't we all 助けて :-P 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:51 am

Guardian shipped
Attachments
untitled.JPG
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Shumi Nagaremono » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:44 am

Motto: "So many hobbies. So little time. So let's get started!"
Just got notification that Unite Warriors Devastator should be arriving tomorrow.

I'm so excited. Online pictures aside, I haven't even *seen* the Devy mold yet.

On the topic of "shtick" reviewers use, mine is that I don't comment at all. I just show the figures in each mode on a mechanized turn-table. Some public-domain music that (I feel) compliments the figure is used for ambiance. The videos are all available in 3D, so the viewer can judge for themselves if they're into the figure or not.

Happy hobbying!
Shumi Nagaremono
Micromaster
Watch Shumi Nagaremono on YouTube

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:06 am

Devstar shipped
Attachments
dev.JPG
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:09 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote: I've seen his numbers and they're high enough

Maybe a shtick works afterall (though this surprises me). Have you ever thought of having one too? Maybe playing out the drinking game ? ;) The only shtick that worked so far with me was Aria Giovanni's Bachelor Cooking 101.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:12 am

fenrir72 wrote:Devstar shipped

Witha shipping fee that low, you are clearly not in North America.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Shumi Nagaremono » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:26 am

Motto: "So many hobbies. So little time. So let's get started!"
Shumi Nagaremono
Micromaster
Watch Shumi Nagaremono on YouTube

Re: UW04 Devastator

Postby Powered Convoy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:43 am

Cyberpath wrote:Paid. Looks like HLJ doesn't ship huge packages via SAL anymore. My shipping was changed to EMS. I hope it won't cost me more money upon arrival.

Between the size and price cost, they won't ship big expensive things through SAL.

Randomus wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Speaking of clear plastic and paint apps. If Galvatron"s crown points are translucent, is this another case of this new phenomenon of painted clear heads? Like Legends Slipstream.

I don't think they are. I think that's just glare from the lights on silver.

Yeah it's not clear. It's just the lighting.

Randy
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:49 am

william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Devstar shipped

Witha shipping fee that low, you are clearly not in North America.

Assigned at S.E.A. mon ami (closer to where Burn lives). Btw, used some accumulated store credit to chop off some of the costs.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Attackers POWER PUNCH BUMBLEBEE Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie"
Power Attackers PO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OFFROAD SKIDS Transformers Revenge the Fallen NEST Global Alliance Legends ROTF"
OFFROAD SKIDS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 220802A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SQWEEKS Transformers Last Knight Deluxe 100% complete TLK Movie Hasbro 221107A"
SQWEEKS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF complete 240109V"
NEW!
SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON