This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Devastator is definitely better than the sum of his parts. A good toy, but I dont know if I would call him the year's best.

Yeah, the best fig of the year for me has gotta be legends class Shockwave (yeah, I'm gonna be that guy ;) )

I'm gonna chime in there: best figure of the year would have to be CW Rook. I cannot count Shockwave considering he is 2016, but Rook to me is the best of the best. Devy in combined mode would be top 5 though, along with Air Raid :BOT:

Gotta be Prowl or Hotspot for me

I like Hotspot as much as you like CW Magnus.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Devastator is definitely better than the sum of his parts. A good toy, but I dont know if I would call him the year's best.

Yeah, the best fig of the year for me has gotta be legends class Shockwave (yeah, I'm gonna be that guy ;) )

I'm gonna chime in there: best figure of the year would have to be CW Rook. I cannot count Shockwave considering he is 2016, but Rook to me is the best of the best. Devy in combined mode would be top 5 though, along with Air Raid :BOT:

Gotta be Prowl or Hotspot for me

I like Hotspot as much as you like CW Magnus.

I wanted to like him - I do like him, just not his quality; I get that hotspot's an acquired taste, he's got a fulfilling truck mode, and a great bot mode...
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
I wanted to like him - I do like him, just not his quality; I get that hotspot's an acquired taste, he's got a fulfilling truck mode, and a great bot mode...

I am referring to that too. I find Hotspot to be of very inferior quality to the other torsos. His plastic feels flimsier, parts come off more easily, the ratchets are positionned terribly and he just feels cheap,especially the ladder segment. Also, not a fan of that visible head and alt mode which doesnt look like anything real, just a stretched out vehicle.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I am referring to that too. I find Hotspot to be of very inferior quality to the other torsos. His plastic feels flimsier, parts come off more easily, the ratchets are positionned terribly and he just feels cheap,especially the ladder segment. Also, not a fan of that visible head and alt mode which doesnt look like anything real, just a stretched out vehicle.

Well technically, Hot Spot's vehicle mode is based on something real- or at least part of it is. He's MOSTLY based on an airport fire engine, like this:

(British example pictured because I'm patriotic like that.)

HOWEVER, airport fire engines/crash tenders don't have ladder/bucket assemblies like Hot Spot. So technically he's a hybrid of two different kinds of fire engine.

Personally I rather like him (aesthetically at least, as I don't own him yet) but I do think he'd be better as a more traditional fire engine. I actually think TFC's Hydrant (their Not Spot) is the best looking Hot Spot out there besides the G1 figure, especially in that sexy, sexy fire engine mode, pictured here being awesome and making me want it.

Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

CW/UW Hot Spot is an airport fire truck.

Of course, there are some concessions made so that the mold can double as Onslaught, but Hot Spot's not all that far off from a realistic vehicle. He lost a little truck mass and gained a ladder and bucket assembly. It also helps Hot Spot look more similar to his original toy release in the 80's. Honestly, there was nothing surprising to me about how this Hot Spot turned out. I think you may have been spoiled by the numerous light blue redecos of regular fire trucks as a non-combining Hot Spot over the years that we've had to make do with.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:41 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

His head doesn't have to face up, I used to leave it facing downwards - til I realized that I didn't care. And his ladder only feels squishy if you squeeze it, so don't do that; he's hollow, so he doesn't incur menasor syndrome - especially with as many other figures are using this mold, it had to be at it's best in torso mode.

He has double jointed elbow... so they aren't place perfectly, but combiners have long since been about compromise, it'll only get worse, the more complexity they want to include; at least they haven't sunk to the level of the GO! combiners' compromises yet [-(

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Guys, Hotspot looks nothing like those firetrucks. I get that they are aiming for him to be that kind of alt mode but it looks nothing like it.

This is an airport firetruck:

Transformers Dark of the Moon Sentinel Prime Gallery

This is what happens when you run over an airport firetruck with a steam roller :

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Hot Spot Gallery

That firetruck mode on hotspot is a failure.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Sorry, I need a moment.

That's better.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:04 pm

william-james88 wrote:Guys, Hotspot looks nothing like those firetrucks. I get that they are aiming for him to be that kind of alt mode but it looks nothing like it.

This is an airport firetruck:

Transformers Dark of the Moon Sentinel Prime Gallery

This is what happens when you run over an airport firetruck with a steam roller :

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Hot Spot Gallery

That firetruck mode on hotspot is a failure.

That's why I always said he was an 'awesome modified airport fire truck' that combined everything I wanted as a kid in one alt mode (it is a toy after all). So it's not totally realistic, neither are the rest of the protectobots :HEADHURTS:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Guys, you're all wrong! WJ, you're wrong! Delta, YOU'RE wrong!

Ahem...Hotspot is definitely designed to look like a fire truck, and there IS precedence for his design. In the fiction, even.

The cab is similar to an airport fire truck, but the rest is quite normal. And I expect a repaint in the future.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Guys, you're all wrong! WJ, you're wrong! Delta, YOU'RE wrong!

Ahem...Hotspot is definitely designed to look like a fire truck, and there IS precedence for his design. In the fiction, even.

The cab is similar to an airport fire truck, but the rest is quite normal. And I expect a repaint in the future.

Yep, he's a modified ladder truck

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote: So it's not totally realistic, neither are the rest of the protectobots :HEADHURTS:

At least they look like alt modes I could recognize. If he didnt have a ladder, Hotspot would not at all look like a firetruck, which is something Inferno pulled off:

Actually, we have a good idea of what Hotspot would look like without the ladder...

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Onslaught Gallery

:-P

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:18 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote: So it's not totally realistic, neither are the rest of the protectobots :HEADHURTS:

At least they look like alt modes I could recognize. If he didnt have a ladder, Hotspot would not at all look like a firetruck, which is something Inferno pulled off:

Actually, we have a good idea of what Hotspot would look like without the ladder...

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Onslaught Gallery

:-P

You're right, without the ladder, he wouldn't look like a ladder truck, guess that's why he has a ladder then ;)

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:42 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Guys, you're all wrong! WJ, you're wrong! Delta, YOU'RE wrong!

Congratulations to Nemeis Maximo! You are today's Winner of the Internet!

Seriously, though. Nice work. Billy-J, would it be easier to see CW Hot Spot as a fire truck if he were bright red instead of pale blue?
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Cobotron » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
CONGRATS NEMI MAX!!!!

Hey guys, as much as the 4 year old me loves fire trucks, I just wanted to let you all know, that after 6 days of being lost in limbo... My UW Devy has shown up in the tracking system! He is at my local post office ready to come home tomorrow!!!!!

:KREMZEEK: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE It's Christmas!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:Seriously, though. Nice work. Billy-J, would it be easier to see CW Hot Spot as a fire truck if he were bright red instead of pale blue?

Not really, th G1 is light blue and I get a beter idea of wha that toy is trying to emulate:

Transformers G1 1986 Hot Spot Gallery

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:01 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Cobotron wrote:Hey guys, as much as the 4 year old me loves fire trucks, I just wanted to let you all know, that after 6 days of being lost in limbo... My UW Devy has shown up in the tracking system! He is at my local post office ready to come home tomorrow!!!!!

:KREMZEEK: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE It's Christmas!

Lucky! My Devastators and Defensors only shipped this past Saturday, and FedEx still doesn't have the tracking information loaded into their system! >.< I'm losing hope that I'll have these figures in time for the holidays. :(
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Seriously, though. Nice work. Billy-J, would it be easier to see CW Hot Spot as a fire truck if he were bright red instead of pale blue?

Not really, th G1 is light blue and I get a beter idea of wha that toy is trying to emulate:

Transformers G1 1986 Hot Spot Gallery

Kind of weird in that the G1 cartoon of Hostspot's vehicle mode looking a lot like TFC version (an American model) while the G1 toy is that of a JP Fuso Great fire engine model.

As Guard City, the red fits hime even better.
Attachments
G1HotSpotToy.jpg
G1_RevengeofBruticus_HotSpotfightfire.jpg
G1_RevengeofBruticus_HotSpotfightfire.jpg (63.31 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
292px-Free_Combination_Formations.jpg
292px-Free_Combination_Formations.jpg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Good news to those who are getting UW Devastator, your copy wont be stuck mistransformed. I just noticed this, look at scraper's roof/cab when he forms a leg on takara compared to Hasbro's

The leg mode for Takara's Scrapper has a different transfomration sugestion than Hasbro's, aside from the added heel. With Hasbro, because the decepticon symbol is on scrapper's roof, they dont rotate that roof piece when forming the leg so that the symbol doesnt look upside down. However, what Takara shows us is that the proper transformation of the mold has that roof/cab piece rotated to prevent scrapper's leg panels from coming apart when posing devastator.

This means that the hasbro version is perpetually mistransformed and someone messed up with the decal placement.

william-james88
News Staff

Video Review for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Devastator UW-04

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:16 pm

We had some comparison pictures between Hasbro and Takara's Devastator, as well as a guide to all the changes in Takara's version, and now we have a video review. This comes from Chuckdawg1999.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Leave it to Takara to go all out on the Granddaddy of Transformer Combiners. New knees, new elbows, and a set of G1 weapons makes this version of Devastator the best ever. This isn't the Devastator we need, it's the one we deserve, and need.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:31 pm

william-james88 wrote:Good news to those who are getting UW Devastator, your copy wont be stuck mistransformed. I just noticed this, look at scraper's roof/cab when he forms a leg on takara compared to Hasbro's
The leg mode for Takara's Scrapper has a different transfomration sugestion than Hasbro's, aside from the added heel. With Hasbro, because the decepticon symbol is on scrapper's roof, they dont rotate that roof piece when forming the leg so that the symbol doesnt look upside down. However, what Takara shows us is that the proper transformation of the mold has that roof/cab piece rotated to prevent scrapper's leg panels from coming apart when posing devastator.

This means that the hasbro version is perpetually mistransformed and someone messed up with the decal placement.

Boy, hasbro's devastator just can't catch a break at all, can it; I mean, hasbro doesn't deserve the break, but I feel bad for poor devs :(

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
he got who had what visor wrong the regular hasbro has the visor while the SDCC version has the eyes
1435767188_1.jpg

good review though ordered mine from BBTS last week cant wait
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby durroth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:09 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
for a solid minute I looked at the news thumbnail and thought he was sitting on an oversized longrack KO
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:35 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ultra Markus wrote:he got who had what visor wrong the regular hasbro has the visor while the SDCC version has the eyes
1435767188_1.jpg

good review though ordered mine from BBTS last week cant wait

The cartoon got it wrong too, a lot.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Windsweeper » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:20 am

Nice as the Takara extras are, I actually prefer the colour scheme of the Hasbro version.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Lord Golobulus Image Comics 1223IM856 Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM281 303A (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1D GI JOE 1023IM262 (CA) Epting"
DUKE #1 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B GI JOE 0124IM248 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Guara"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero SERPENTOR UNCOILED One-Shot IDW Comics 2021 231113"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0124IM260 305C (CA)Walker"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #304 Cvr B Image Comics 1223IM281 304B (CA) Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON