This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hellscream9999 wrote:
That Bot wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:My only comment on this at this junction is simply, what's up with that lone wheel on afterburner in arm mode!

The rear wheel splits into two and rests on the forearm.

That, and the front of the cycle is mistransformed - of course :lol:

I thought it was just Takara trying to get the G1 look with the wheel up on the side:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
It think Will is right. mistransformations to allow for that sort of thing would definitely be Takara's thing :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:It think Will is right. mistransformations to allow for that sort of thing would definitely be Takara's thing :MAXIMAL:

Just answering the guys question, as it does indeed look weird that way - a little too 'out in the middle of no where', it's almost in space 8-}
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:It think Will is right. mistransformations to allow for that sort of thing would definitely be Takara's thing :MAXIMAL:

Just answering the guys question, as it does indeed look weird that way - a little too 'out in the middle of no where', it's almost in space 8-}

Yes but I wouldnt call it mistransformed. Its what Takara has chosen as their official transformation.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:42 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Yes but I wouldnt call it mistransformed. Its what Takara has chosen as their official transformation.

Well, I didn't put 2 & 2 together, just haven't seen much of comps to know that

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Hence the choice/option to secure the Hb version of Computron. No biggie. Computicon might(?) have a new head (maybe a 90% probability given that TT actually designed new molds for Groove and Blastoff), a new weapon (?) etc. Not sure if the new fists and feet in Hb will be incorporated into this.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby skidflap » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Motto: ""Don't look at me; nothing on this planet makes sense. Hot dog, but it's not a pet!""
Weapon: Railgun
So the way I see it, both Computrons have something unique to offer:

Hasbro
-------
Scattershot w/ proper color scheme
Scronge as a bonus figure
American release of the Groove mold
Dedicated hands and feet

Takara
-------
New Computron head
New combiner gun
Different molds for Lightspeed, Nosecone, and Strafe

The way I see it, I'll go with Hasbro on this one. I can live with Computron's head not being retooled if it means he gets ankle tilts.

(Unless you buy both and you mix and match) :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
"The Lord created the fart and added a smell so the deaf could enjoy" - Redd Foxx.
skidflap
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Grahf_ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:03 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Yeah, I'm probably going to be getting both versions. I don't even plan to sell off any of them either.

I think I might try to use Takara Lightspeed as Sideswipe assuming it is made from Wheeljack/Breakdown. That might mean a "less accurate" looking Lightspeed using Hasbro's version though. However I'd rather a Sideswipe that looks similar to Sunstreaker and my soon to be Tigertrack than I want a slightly better looking Lightspeed.

I might go with Hasbro's Strafe as I really like the look of it so far and I like the Scrounge integration.

I might go with Takara's Nosecone as even just from that silhouette, it looks amazing.

Unless there's something that we're not seeing, there isn't (and probably won't) be much of a difference between the Afterburners. So I'll have to wait to see more of each to decide.

Again, unless there's something more than just the head and weapon that we're not seeing, I'll have to see more of these two new Scattershots to make a decision on which to use. I know for sure that the current single retail Scattershot will NOT be my Computron Scattershot. That doesn't mean that I don't still want it to complete Betatron though as I'll obviously have extra limbs around.

For Takara Strafe and Hasbro Nosecone I might use them and a repainted Smokescreen (or the second Lightspeed if I don't use it as Sideswipe) as the Powerdashers. Because they need some love too.

If there's nothing I can do with the second Afterburner or the third Scattershot then I'll probably just keep them in the boxes as I would hate breaking up either set and the slight monetary return in selling them wouldn't really be worth it in the long run. I'm sure I can find something to do with at least Afterburner by digging up some Transformer who needs either an update or a figure in general.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:46 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Official transformation or not it still looks weird and wrong to my eyes ;-)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Transformers Unite Warriors UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime Stop Motion Video

Postby no-one » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:04 am

Do you like Transformers stop motion videos? Good, because fellow Seibertronian Madeus Prime has alerted us to a video that YouTuber youheidx has posted of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime. Which you may already know is Takara's release of Transformers Combiner Wars Ultra Prime.

Convoy Grand Prime consist of Transformers Unite Warriors Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Mirage, Prowl and Sunstreaker and the full gallery can be viewed here.

Remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the liveliest Transformers discussion this side of a space bridge.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby william-james88 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:18 am

Alpha Weltall wrote:I know for sure that the current single retail Scattershot will NOT be my Computron Scattershot. That doesn't mean that I don't still want it to complete Betatron though as I'll obviously have extra limbs around.

Why cant Betatron be made using Takara's Scatershot instead of the retail one? Judging from the trend of takara going for toon accuracy, he will probably look a lot like the chest deco on hasbro's.

william-james88
News Staff

Re: Transformers Unite Warriors UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime Stop Motion Video

Postby o.supreme » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
carytheone wrote:Do you like Transformers stop motion videos? Good, because fellow Seibertronian Madeus Prime has alerted us to a video that YouTuber youheidx has posted of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime. Which you may already know is Takara's release of Transformers Combiner Wars Ultra Prime

Cool little video. Subscribed. Cant wait to watch a few more
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Transformers Unite Warriors UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime Stop Motion Video

Postby no-one » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:01 pm

o.supreme wrote:
carytheone wrote:Do you like Transformers stop motion videos? Good, because fellow Seibertronian Madeus Prime has alerted us to a video that YouTuber youheidx has posted of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime. Which you may already know is Takara's release of Transformers Combiner Wars Ultra Prime

Cool little video. Subscribed. Cant wait to watch a few more
He's got some really good ones, dig around a bit. When you get done with that channel, check out this one: https://www.youtube.com/user/harrisloureiro
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:43 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:I know for sure that the current single retail Scattershot will NOT be my Computron Scattershot. That doesn't mean that I don't still want it to complete Betatron though as I'll obviously have extra limbs around.

Why cant Betatron be made using Takara's Scatershot instead of the retail one? Judging from the trend of takara going for toon accuracy, he will probably look a lot like the chest deco on hasbro's.

Because Hasbro and TakaraTomy have gone independent at this point with the Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors lines? No communication between the two about their plans it seems.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:35 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Because Hasbro and TakaraTomy have gone independent at this point with the Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors lines? No communication between the two about their plans it seems.

Your new avatar is freaking me out Jelze. Its like the Navi decided to join Gem and the Holograms.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Autobot N » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Because Hasbro and TakaraTomy have gone independent at this point with the Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors lines? No communication between the two about their plans it seems.

Your new avatar is freaking me out Jelze. Its like the Navi decided to join Gem and the Holograms.

Agreed.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
So do we know if we will see a Takara Sky Lynx? :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:57 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Destron wrote:So do we know if we will see a Takara Sky Lynx? :VEHI:
At this time, we do not.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe

Hopefully sometime, but so far negatory :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:02 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Autobot N wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Agreed.

It's one of my older pics from IMVU, somehow the board crash (which I completely missed thanks to a road trip) knocked out my previous pic and reverted it to this one. I don't have it on hand on this computer so I'll have to make a new one.

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Hopefully sometime, but so far negatory :MAXIMAL:

Youheidx (from the stop motion video earlier in the thread) has already gone ahead and imported the Hasbro version for his next video, that should tell you how much faith he has in the prospect.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:31 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Because Hasbro and TakaraTomy have gone independent at this point with the Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors lines? No communication between the two about their plans it seems.

I think Will's suggesting that Alpha Weltall uses the Scattershot from UW-07 for Betatron, and mixes and matches the UW and CW technobots with Hasbro box set Scattershot to make the perfect Computron.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:00 am

william-james88 wrote:

Gah! He's shaping up to be less painted than TT's defensor, dragstrip, and CW + UW devs combined - he looks to have absolutely no painted details at all - if the UW line is anything to go by so far :BANG_HEAD:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:13 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Gah! He's shaping up to be less painted than TT's defensor, dragstrip, and CW + UW devs combined - he looks to have absolutely no painted details at all - if the UW line is anything to go by so far :BANG_HEAD:

What the hell is it with you and paint apps? You understand that paint has very little to do with how good a figure will look right? It's all about execution, plus it's been talked about and proved before that more paint typically equals more qc issues
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:39 am

That Bot wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I think Will's suggesting that Alpha Weltall uses the Scattershot from UW-07 for Betatron, and mixes and matches the UW and CW technobots with Hasbro box set Scattershot to make the perfect Computron.

Thanks That Bot, thats exactly what I meant. The initial post felt like you'd end up with 3 scatershots and I suggested that 2 is enough. One can be your preferred computrona nd the other can be Betatron.

specially since I believe that the chest of Takara's Computron will likely look more like Betatron's chest.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:48 am

steals_your_goats wrote:
What the hell is it with you and paint apps? You understand that paint has very little to do with how good a figure will look right? It's all about execution, plus it's been talked about and proved before that more paint typically equals more qc issues

I agree. Case in point, Combiner Wars Leader Megatron. He arguably has the most paint apps we have seen in years from hasbro and yet that hasnt swayed Hellscream in any way into buying the figure.

Plus, when we look back at the alternators line, everyone preferred Smokescreen over Silvestreak even though they were the same mold and Silverstreak was the only fully painted figure of the Hasbro line.

In the end, paint apps arent everything. They can make a good figure even better but they can't save a figure. And they arent needed inorder to appreciate a figure. They can also, as steal_your_goats said, make a figure even worse. He was talking about qc issues but it can be worse than that. Look at below and tell me which of the two you would rather own? Is it the one with more paint or less?

Transformers Animated Bulkhead (Ironhide) Gallery

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220495 War's End 2B (CA) Deer"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12A (CA) Milne JUN190701"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210484 31RI (CA) Caltsoudas"
TRANSFORMERS #31 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #20 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 20B FEB200654 (CA) Lawrence"
TRANSFORMERS #20 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB228625 2D Stafford"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB228624 2C SidVenBlu"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 DEC210540 40A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS #40 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #46 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM342 4A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON