This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby Big Grim » Wed May 04, 2016 7:49 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Damn. I am sorely tempted by Grand Galvatron, same as I am UW Bruticus. Must...resist...
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Cobotron » Wed May 04, 2016 9:55 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Hey! Thanks for newsing it up guys!
I stayed up way to late playing with these guys. :lol: I-)

@ Wolfman Jake and Seibertron, Cyclonus is a really great shade of blue, and to me, doesn't look all that much like the color on the cartoon model. He does have some lovely metallic lavender high lights though. Not sure what they were going for with the torso mode, but I know I like it.

Also Thrust's colors are spot on with the Armada toy.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Wed May 04, 2016 10:04 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Cobotron wrote:Hey! Thanks for newsing it up guys!
I stayed up way to late playing with these guys. :lol: I-)

@ Wolfman Jake and Seibertron, Cyclonus is a really great shade of blue, and to me, doesn't look all that much like the color on the cartoon model. He does have some lovely metallic lavender high lights though. Not sure what they were going for with the torso mode, but I know I like it.

Also Thrust's colors are spot on with the Armada toy.

I think they were going for the G1 Galvatron toy, though it really needed the four squares on his abdomen to be red.

Your comment about Thrust reminds me that I forgot to grab Armada Thrust from the storage unit for comparison pics. Urgh. Back I go!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Cobotron » Wed May 04, 2016 10:08 am

Seibertron wrote:I think they were going for the G1 Galvatron toy, though it really needed the four squares on his abdomen to be red.
The original release, right? Not the lavender re-release. the colors remind me of Energon Megatron. Who always looked like Galvatron to me anyway.

Seibertron wrote:Your comment about Thrust reminds me that I forgot to grab Armada Thrust from the storage unit for comparison pics. Urgh. Back I go!
Sorry Boss! :lol:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Insurgent » Wed May 04, 2016 10:24 am

Cobotron wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I think they were going for the G1 Galvatron toy, though it really needed the four squares on his abdomen to be red.
The original release, right? Not the lavender re-release. the colors remind me of Energon Megatron. Who always looked like Galvatron to me anyway.

Because in the original Japanese version, Armada (or Micron Legend) Megatron never changed his name. He was always Megatron, just a powered up Megatron. In Energon, he came back from the get go as Galvatron, and again, never changed his name when he powered up. That's why Energon Megatron homages Galvatron so.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Mr Skram » Wed May 04, 2016 10:43 am

Motto: "Loose joints cost lives."
Weapon: Optical Distortion Projector
I've been trying to tell myself I don't need this set, but so far I'm losing that argument... The in hand pics really sell it. My favorite is easily Thrust, and as I've said before I was never an Armada guy. Don't know anything about that era since that period was my "too cool for cartoons and toys" phase haha. The colors and the head sculpt are just that good.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: A maroon 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Wed May 04, 2016 11:42 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Everyone's talking about how they want the other seekers made out of Ghost Starscream, but it'd also totally be equally cool if we got the G1 Coneheads out of Thrust. They look so great.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cobotron wrote: Not sure what they were going for with the torso mode, but I know I like it.

Transformers G1 1986 Galvatron Gallery

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
About the G1 Galvatron toy colors for the combiner torso, this combiner was originally supposed to be made into Galvatron II, but it was later decided to make it be Cartoon Galvatron proper after the colors had already been finalized.

But, IMHO, the toy colors do work rather well for a Galvatron that's come back from the dead as his lightly-colored deco happens to be reminiscent of that of Car Robots Devil Gigatron (RiD 2001 Galvatron), whose lightly-colored deco was meant to be associated with death.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Cobotron » Wed May 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Mr Skram wrote:that period was my "too cool for cartoons and toys" phase haha.
I believe this phase is scientifically known as puberty. :lol:

Kurona wrote:Everyone's talking about how they want the other seekers made out of Ghost Starscream, but it'd also totally be equally cool if we got the G1 Coneheads out of Thrust. They look so great.
I am down for any and all of that. One thing that has me a bit bamboozled, but not a BIG deal, is it seems like the Air Raid tooling would have made for a better "classic" Seeker than Skydive. Aside from the obvious alt mode, something about the torso shape, and it has ports on the arms for weapons.
But, yeah, bring more CW Seekers. I'm game!

@ Will - Um yeah, OK, that would be it! Thanks! :lol:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Bounti76 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Who is on Sky Reign's left leg? It's the Wheeljack version of the Breakdown mold, but not colored like any released or planned character that I'm aware of.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Cobotron » Wed May 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Bounti76 wrote:Who is on Sky Reign's left leg? It's the Wheeljack version of the Breakdown mold, but not colored like any released or planned character that I'm aware of.
BotCon Tigertron. ;)
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I think that this right here is the winner of the unite warriors line to date. I'm sorry guys who got the other guys but this guy just sings awesomeness and beauty. Awesome paint, awesome head, awesome randomness. I found the winner to date right here! :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Wed May 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Mine arrives Friday and I am pumped. All kinds of Grand Galvatronian Adventures shall be had this weekend.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Mr Skram » Wed May 04, 2016 5:01 pm

I might have to pull the trigger on this one, so much hype! :CON:
It's just too wonky and fun to pass up. Plus I need to have that Thrust.

For those of you who have it in hand, how are the joints and general QC stuff? Any problems or looseness?
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby fenrir72 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Don't own it but compared to the Grand Convoy release, Grand Galvatron takes numero uno want! Even without Cobster's pics :lol: (which are all awesome!)

D@rn it! If only Diabattles wasn't in the pipeline and the Destroid Monster........... :BANG_HEAD:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Cobotron » Wed May 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Mr Skram wrote:For those of you who have it in hand, how are the joints and general QC stuff? Any problems or looseness?
I haven't spent enough time yet really digging in, but right off the bat, Starscream's elbows are pretty loosy goosy. Like almost can't hold up his gun. The two halves of the truck bed that form the fore arm for Breakdown's arm mode have a little trouble staying pegged together, but my Off Road is like that too.
Nothing glaring though. The other 3 figures seem right as rain. I'll pay a little more attention when I play with him tonight. ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Mr Skram » Wed May 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Cobotron wrote:
Mr Skram wrote:For those of you who have it in hand, how are the joints and general QC stuff? Any problems or looseness?
I haven't spent enough time yet really digging in, but right off the bat, Starscream's elbows are pretty loosy goosy. Like almost can't hold up his gun. The two halves of the truck bed that form the fore arm for Breakdown's arm mode have a little trouble staying pegged together, but my Off Road is like that too.
Nothing glaring though. The other 3 figures seem right as rain. I'll pay a little more attention when I play with him tonight. ;)^

Hmm, yeah sounds about right. I have similar issues with some of their mold mates. Was hoping to hear they were perfect, but I can't blame the messenger. Appreciate it!
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby jogunwarrior » Thu May 05, 2016 6:44 am

This set pisses me off. I only want Thrust and Breakdown, and could never justify spending the $150+ for this set when I have zero interest in three of the five.
jogunwarrior
Fuzor

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Video Review and New TF Yuki Photos

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:40 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
While we wait for the upcoming Seibertron Gallery of the Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron set (soon... soon), we bring you this video review from fellow Seibertronian Chuckdawg1999. Many fans are unsure if this exclusive set is worth the premium, let us know if this helps!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Once again Takara finds a way to take a couple of repaints and create something absolutely briliant. Grand Galvatron combines the best of Japanese Transformers history while giving the fans some great figures. Obviously the standouts will be Starscream and Thrust, both featuring new heads that will get fans salivating at the possibilities. At the end of the day these are repaints, so we know what we're getting in terms of transformation, and durability. Now to figure out what to do with my Combiner Wars Cyclonus.

The latest tweets from TF Yuki feature Grand Galvatron as well. Especially the fact that this combiner can use upcoming Legends Galvatron's cannon. Enjoy!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby kurthy » Thu May 05, 2016 7:44 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Has anyone seen TFyuki's pic with Grand Galvatron using Legends Galvatron's cannon? Now I'm going to need the Hasbro TR and TT legends to do this with both versions of Cyclonus. :BOWDOWN:
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Randomhero » Thu May 05, 2016 9:12 am

I'm sorry I can't watch this dudes reviews.

I really want this set but j can't justify the price of it. Hopefully grand galvatron like the rest of Takaras sets stay in stock for a while. Maybe in 6 months I can get him.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Seibertron » Thu May 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
While I love Ghost Starscream and Curse Armada Thrust, they totally mixed up the robot modes. The mold used for Thrust would have been a much better choice for Starscream's robot and jet modes. I can't figure out why they did that unless they feel the "wings" in robot mode are more important than the jet mode, the engine inlets (which would be behind his shoulders but still visible in robot mode, and the overall look of the chest.

The head sculpts for both are fantastic. The very manga/anime looking Starscream head, and the new take on Armada Thrust is great (though I would have liked to see the "camo" paint that the original Armada Thrust had). I'd love to see all 6 of the Seekers done as Combiners but am happy for now with what we've got.

Great set, just feel like they mixed up the robot mode bodies for Armada Thrust and Ghost Starscream.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Cobotron » Thu May 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Seibertron wrote:Great set, just feel like they mixed up the robot mode bodies for Armada Thrust and Ghost Starscream.
Ha! I said this a couple posts back. Seems to be a very odd decision on Takara's part. But it really has no effect on my immense enjoyment of the set in any way.

Seibs, I have a ton of translucent toys, (mostly Microman) but not a lot of TFs. Have you ever seen this translucent paint they used on Starscream, on other TFs before?
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Seibertron wrote:While I love Ghost Starscream and Curse Armada Thrust, they totally mixed up the robot modes. The mold used for Thrust would have been a much better choice for Starscream's robot and jet modes. I can't figure out why they did that unless they feel the "wings" in robot mode are more important than the jet mode, the engine inlets (which would be behind his shoulders but still visible in robot mode, and the overall look of the chest.

The head sculpts for both are fantastic. The very manga/anime looking Starscream head, and the new take on Armada Thrust is great (though I would have liked to see the "camo" paint that the original Armada Thrust had). I'd love to see all 6 of the Seekers done as Combiners but am happy for now with what we've got.

Great set, just feel like they mixed up the robot mode bodies for Armada Thrust and Ghost Starscream.

I dunno whose decision it was, but if you look under airraid, there's a notch cut out for a conehead to fit, so this was built into the mold from the very start, it was likely chosen because the silhouette of the airraids cockpit piece looks more like thrusts armada jet mode than the angled skydive does and vice-versa for the raptor; not saying it's perfect, but it's something.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210470 6RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 0224IM322 8C (CA) Araújo +O’Halloran"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #15 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220438 15B (CA) Duggan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #7 RI 1:10 Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Zama"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220510 4RI (CA) Khanna"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200371 2RI (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #31 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 #0 IDW Comics 2019 JUN190704 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON