This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Cyclonus' colors and the various discrepancies make my head hurt. This is why "G1 cartoon" accuracy needs to get tossed out the window other than for general face sculpts and general body shape/silhouette but with the complexity and detailing that goes along with the licensed vehicles and the colors of the G1 toys for the most part. Starscream doesn't need light blue, Optimus Prime needs dark blue, Shockwave is a dark purple, Cyclonus is a bluish purple but lighter than Shockwave (and neither should ever be lavender), Unite Warriors Blast Off's cartoon accuracy worked out well (right???), etc. Basically G1 toy accurate colors. The cartoon was simplified versions of the toys ... I have never wanted simplified looking toys. If they want to do that, do what Masters of the Universe Classics is currently doing with the Filmation accurate toys, otherwise let's stay away from "cartoon" accuracy.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Cobotron » Fri May 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Amen to that, Brothertron!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:The cartoon was simplified versions of the toys ...
Except for the movie characters, which Cyclonus was one of, since Floro Dery made those designs first and then Hasbro/Takara turned those into toys. If anything, his original toy got the purple wrong since he was rarely ever as dark a purple as his toy's purple in the movie or cartoon.

Though, really, does it matter that much about this particular Cyclonus toy? I mean, this isn't his cartoon body, but an evolved form of it from after Masterforce. Should it matter that much if his new body is colored like or unlike his either cartoon body, his 1986 toy, or anything else?

And it's not like he hasn't been blue before. He was blue in his very first appearance in the movie, in various instances during cartoon, in many instances during The Headmasters, and even on this Japanese DVD cover art:

And I for one think he looks gorgeous in it.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Cobotron » Fri May 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Just to clarify. This...

Seibertron wrote:This is why "G1 cartoon" accuracy needs to get tossed out the window other than for general face sculpts and general body shape/silhouette but with the complexity and detailing that goes along with the licensed vehicles and the colors of the G1 toys for the most part.

... is what I was amening.

I rather like the blue on this UW Cyclonus. The whole deco is sweet!
Also, personaly, it helps justify having two of the same figure. :-P
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri May 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade, I love the thorough work you do on figuring out where Hasbro and Takara deco choices come from. Think you have it in you to do one like your latest Cyclonus review for Galvatron and perhaps show us where Takara is coming from with their favorite colors for their releases of his toys? Most importantly, I think, would be anything from the original cartoon/movie media that matches the upcoming Transformers Legends release. :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:Sabrblade, I love the thorough work you do on figuring out where Hasbro and Takara deco choices come from. Think you have it in you to do one like your latest Cyclonus review for Galvatron and perhaps show us where Takara is coming from with their favorite colors for their releases of his toys? Most importantly, I think, would be anything from the original cartoon/movie media that matches the upcoming Transformers Legends release. :)
I'll do you one quicker and easier for Galvatron: Look through this gallery for any cartoon pics of Galvatron in which his purple hued towards the lighter, rather than the darker, end of the spectrum.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri May 06, 2016 10:39 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Sabrblade, I love the thorough work you do on figuring out where Hasbro and Takara deco choices come from. Think you have it in you to do one like your latest Cyclonus review for Galvatron and perhaps show us where Takara is coming from with their favorite colors for their releases of his toys? Most importantly, I think, would be anything from the original cartoon/movie media that matches the upcoming Transformers Legends release. :)
I'll do you one quicker and easier for Galvatron: Look through this gallery for any cartoon pics of Galvatron in which his purple hued towards the lighter, rather than the darker, end of the spectrum.

Wow. That's an embarrassment of riches in terms of Galvatron screen caps. There's definitely a TON of instances of a very light/pastel shade of purple or purple-ish blue for Galvatron. Even in the original movie, his hue changes from scene to scene. Funny how I never really noticed during any of the dozens of time I've watched the movie before. I think Unicron created Galvatron with some weird mood ring type of metal that changes the intensity of his purple depending on his current emotional state: either crazy-angry or angry-crazy, I guess.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Wow. That's an embarrassment of riches in terms of Galvatron screen caps. There's definitely a TON of instances of a very light/pastel shade of purple or purple-ish blue for Galvatron. Even in the original movie, his hue changes from scene to scene. Funny how I never really noticed during any of the dozens of time I've watched the movie before. I think Unicron created Galvatron with some weird mood ring type of metal that changes the intensity of his purple depending on his current emotional state: either crazy-angry or angry-crazy, I guess.

I always thought it was an admirable attempt at lighting, but maybe that's giving them too much credit :-?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:10 am

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I always thought it was an admirable attempt at lighting, but maybe that's giving them too much credit :-?

I completely agree with this Hellscream... 100%. It's just logical that this is the case.

Having looked quite a bit now, I really wish I could be my hands on the UW version of Cyclonus without having to get that whole set.
I'm okay with Hasbro's, but the colors of the UW version are really really nice.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Sat May 07, 2016 9:17 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I completely agree with this Hellscream... 100%. It's just logical that this is the case.

Having looked quite a bit now, I really wish I could be my hands on the UW version of Cyclonus without having to get that whole set.
I'm okay with Hasbro's, but the colors of the UW version are really really nice.

"I really wish I could get _____ without getting the whole set" has been my motto for this entire line ;;
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat May 07, 2016 11:33 am

-Edward Hoagland"
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

It's quite possibly an attempt at dynamic lighting, but the hues don't really match up in the different lighting environments. You don't go from periwinkle to eggplant purple just by dimming the lights.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display

Postby shajaki » Sat May 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Transfest2016 strikes again, hitting us with a display of TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-07 Bruticus! Twitter users くろさび@chromless and 江東のマサ@MASABON2011 are at the event taking many pics, mainly showing off the new exclusive mold: Blast-Off who sports his proper shuttle alt mode. See those shots below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat May 07, 2016 12:22 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
It's a shame Takara didn't whip up a couple of new guns for Onslaught and Bruticus. To keep their G1 silhouettes, you need to keep the guns attached to Onsalught's and Bruticus' backs. That leaves the team leader and the gestalt form without any firearms. I guess fisticuffs will have to suffice?
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Sat May 07, 2016 12:29 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:It's a shame Takara didn't whip up a couple of new guns for Onslaught and Bruticus. To keep their G1 silhouettes, you need to keep the guns attached to Onsalught's and Bruticus' backs. That leaves the team leader and the gestalt form without any firearms. I guess fisticuffs will have to suffice?

To be fair, Bruticus' bios do specify he's one of the overall strongest transformers. Plus every time he fought in the cartoon he either used his fists, Vortex' blades and then there was the one time he used Shockwave.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby RiddlerJ » Sat May 07, 2016 12:41 pm

His fists do have guns built into them so he doesn't need to remove the guns from his back. Onslaught is a different story. I had to give a 3rd party gun to him.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Optimizzy » Sat May 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Blast Off would be better if he had a darker brown in my opinion. Still looks a little odd to me. Good looking set on everyone else though.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat May 07, 2016 1:31 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Optimizzy wrote:Blast Off would be better if he had a darker brown in my opinion. Still looks a little odd to me. Good looking set on everyone else though.

Agreed, though you do see some of the "proper" dark brown coloring peppered about his robot mode and alt mode, it's just that it's more of a highlight color instead of the main color, which is that light brown. If they had swapped those browns around, I think it would have worked out quite nicely, with light brown highlights to help break up the dark pallet of the original toy and show model a bit. C'est la vie.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:Blast Off would be better if he had a darker brown in my opinion. Still looks a little odd to me. Good looking set on everyone else though.

Agreed, though you do see some of the "proper" dark brown coloring peppered about his robot mode and alt mode, it's just that it's more of a highlight color instead of the main color, which is that light brown. If they had swapped those browns around, I think it would have worked out quite nicely, with light brown highlights to help break up the dark pallet of the original toy and show model a bit. C'est la vie.

I'll second this... This lighter brown color is a bit surprising as well as a little disappointing.
While I don't really mind this color on the chest plate of Brut, on Blast-off it's a little much.
In terms of appearances, I also think Onslaught's blue is a little saturated; should be more of a slate blue.
But other than those couple issues, I think this set looks good. With the PE hands/feet it should be amazing.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby Mr Skram » Sat May 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Motto: "Loose joints cost lives."
Weapon: Optical Distortion Projector
I might yet sell my hasbro Brut so I xan get the UW version.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: A maroon 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Mr Skram wrote:I might yet sell my hasbro Brut so I xan get the UW version.

I don't blame you... I think this set is well worth the price.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Sat May 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Talking of colours being off... I really wish Brawl was actually green.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby fenrir72 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Bruticus and Galvatron sitting on a tree..........

https://youtu.be/3eT464L1YRA

'nuff said!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 07, 2016 6:43 pm

You know, all previous images of UW Blast Off made his brown look like copper, but the lighting in these pics makes it look downright orange.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:23 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:You know, all previous images of UW Blast Off made his brown look like copper, but the lighting in these pics makes it look downright orange.

lol, called it 'orange-off', well, it looks like natural light, so, unless it's a painted prototype, he's gonna be orange :-P
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:You know, all previous images of UW Blast Off made his brown look like copper, but the lighting in these pics makes it look downright orange.

lol, called it 'orange-off', well, it looks like natural light, so, unless it's a painted prototype, he's gonna be orange :-P

Mr. Positivity!
HA
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON