This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Mon May 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
o.supreme wrote:Anyone who is familiar with the Japanese Transformers series would recognize the audio dialogue queues he uses, although they are not always accurate, they are still very entertaining. "Terrortron Gattai!" :lol: ...if only we had an Abominus UW. The rest are Galvatron random lines from TF 2010 & Headmasters

Is the music also from those series? I haven't watched them in a loooooong time.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Prowl4 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed what the UW/CW line has given us, given the fact headmasters are next which I'm not a fan of I've really loved the combiner line.

I'm just surprised at some of the decisions or should I say non decisions that were made in the line. I definitely think an official Thunderclash with turbomasters that combine with him could have been made. It could have tied in that the turbomasters no longer combine because rotorstorm is deceased, it would have tied that line he made in lsotw into something important and meaningful rather than a throwaway gag.

If anybody is watching that could make it using renderform or whatever that CW Ironhide mould just needs a new head to be quite close to turbomaster Flash and Mirage could get a new head and become turbomaster Hurricane. Please do it.

That said I am surprised that CW certainly didn't use Nexus Prime. The IDW comics could have supported this character but instead other characters were awkwardly pushed to the fore. I feel that's a massive missed opportunity and I definitely would have loved to add another Prime to my collection.

Another missed opportunity was to create lets say 8-12 brand new characters that either had no fiction behind them to properly create an all new combiner or scramble city if fiction was to be used. Instead eight spaces went to the ark crew which to me just didn't make any sense.

Lastly the omission of the beast combiners. A friend of mine works in a toy shop and speaks to his hasbro rep as my friend is an avid transformers fan, he said that hasbro go by themes so obviously this year was combiners, next year is headmasters. I'm hoping the following year is beasts in all shapes and form. We already have Trypticon confirmed for 2017 so I'd love to see Predaking, the terrorcons, seacons and to face them, The Dinobots. This is definitely the opportunity for hasbro to go nuts on Dinobots. Give us a full original team and add new members like Scorn and new villains such as Scowl from R.I.D into a G1 esque generations banner that can fit with that collection. It'd be cool to get an abundance of Dinobots both heroes and villains added to the line.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Not my pic, but it's funny:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

In-Hand - Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Bruticus

Postby Va'al » Tue May 17, 2016 7:46 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Looking for some more plastic robot news today, after news of the final cavalier shape? Look no further, as TFYuki brings another in-hand and next-to-box image for the Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 Decepticon Combaticons Combiner Bruticus! Check it out embedded below, with the tweaked deco and the entirely new limb mold in Blastoff, and compare it to the Hasbro release here.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue May 17, 2016 8:03 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
That is some damn nice boxart. They're really going all out with him here.
God I want that Vortex. So bad.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue May 17, 2016 8:05 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
But, can he actually do that pose...? :-?
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby o.supreme » Tue May 17, 2016 8:09 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Dr Va'al wrote:Is the music also from those series? I haven't watched them in a loooooong time.

Nah, probably just some random techno. But all the voices & sound effects are definitely from the Japanese TF series.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Dagon » Tue May 17, 2016 8:20 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Kurona wrote:That is some damn nice boxart. They're really going all out with him here.
God I want that Vortex. So bad.

I bought Grand Galvatron, and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed by the box art. My first thought on seeing this story was that the Bruticus box art is just gorgeous.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby DMSL » Tue May 17, 2016 9:21 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I love how it looks apart from Blast-off. The brown is way too light. They should have kept the darker brown. This poo brown doesn't work for me at all. This set just went from a 9 to a 7 for me. I hope Takara decides to go with the darker brown for the release and please give Bruticus/Onslaught a gun or two that he can hold. It can't be the guns on his back you need to have that for his silhouette.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Dagon » Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
DMSL wrote:I love how it looks apart from Blast-off. The brown is way too light. They should have kept the darker brown. This poo brown doesn't work for me at all. This set just went from a 9 to a 7 for me. I hope Takara decides to go with the darker brown for the release and please give Bruticus/Onslaught a gun or two that he can hold. It can't be the guns on his back you need to have that for his silhouette.

Agreed on the weapon front, I'm a little surprised they didn't put Legends Shockwave in the box, just so Bruticus could have a weapon to hold. The Onslaught guns are totally necessary for the silhouette, 100% agreed.

As for Blast Off, he's baby **** brown in this set; CW Swindle is baby **** brown for Hasbro. Talk about poopy opitions! :lol: :lol:
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby MemphisR56 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:04 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
Dagon wrote:
DMSL wrote:I love how it looks apart from Blast-off. The brown is way too light. They should have kept the darker brown. This poo brown doesn't work for me at all. This set just went from a 9 to a 7 for me. I hope Takara decides to go with the darker brown for the release and please give Bruticus/Onslaught a gun or two that he can hold. It can't be the guns on his back you need to have that for his silhouette.

Agreed on the weapon front, I'm a little surprised they didn't put Legends Shockwave in the box, just so Bruticus could have a weapon to hold. The Onslaught guns are totally necessary for the silhouette, 100% agreed.

As for Blast Off, he's baby SHIZZLESNIT brown in this set; CW Swindle is baby SHIZZLESNIT brown for Hasbro. Talk about poopy opitions! :lol: :lol:

I'd have actually said Hasbro blast-off was the **** brown version, the takara one looks like a slightly brighter more milk-chocolatey brown.

But that is entirely dependent on our diets, i suppose :-?
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 17, 2016 10:08 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Yyyyyyyeah, I don't know what it is that you guys are eating, but if yall's poop is coming out that light/that copper a shade of brown, instead of a much darker shade of brown like Hasbro's CW Blast Off, then I'd very much advise that you all see a doctor about that, cuz that does not sound normal. /:)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:08 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

Takara wont be giving him an extra gun and they will not be releasing Blastoff in a different shade. These images are final product images, there will be no changes from them which has been the case for every single release so far.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:09 am

I always thought Brawl was the one that looked most like poop.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby MemphisR56 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:14 am

william-james88 wrote:I always thought Brawl was the one that looked most like poop.

In terms of the actual sculpt definitely.

Which is another place where the takara decco wins out for me.

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

MemphisR56
Pretender

Postby o.supreme » Tue May 17, 2016 10:17 am

Perhaps...some forum admin might give us the dignity of placing all the "which combaticon looks like which color of stool" comments to its own thread? ...just a suggestion, but it is still early on the west coast and I haven't even had breakfast yet.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby no-one » Tue May 17, 2016 10:18 am

Onslaught and Vortex look great, especially super sexy secret agent Vortex. The rest are kinda meh. I would be happy to pick up that Blast Off mold if he ever reaches the states.

I still think Bruticus is one of the better looking combiners in this line oops, wrong thread. In the CW line, Grand Galvatron takes the cake for UW ;)^
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue May 17, 2016 10:20 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:Not my pic, but it's funny:

Well, Galvatron pretty much always was a d***head.

I'm not going to step in the Blast-Off argument, though. Too messy.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:22 am

carytheone wrote:Onslaught and Vortex look great, especially super sexy secret agent Vortex. The rest are kinda meh. I would be happy to pick up that Blast Off mold if he ever reaches the states.

I still think Bruticus is one of the better looking combiners in this line oops, wrong thread. In the CW line, Grand Galvatron takes the cake for UW ;)^

It was actually your comments which swayed me to just buy the Hasbro version when I saw the price drop. And you were right. It does have a great vaiety in mold use. If it was released earlier in the line, I am sure I would have loved him even more with the added novelty of some molds and of the combiner system.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Flashwave » Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I like those colors, expecially Onslaught and Votrex, but for the other three I think I prefer the Hasbro figure overall.

And since everyone is talking about the Gun: I ended up giving Bruticus the Barrel from my Combiner Wars Cyclonus. Not sure what I will do with the back stock. Obviously, the Galvatronus gun doesn't work the same way, but if you have a Spare CW Cyclonus now,
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby o.supreme » Tue May 17, 2016 10:47 am

Perhaps it is another attempt at being accurate to the animated series? I mean...I cannot recall aside from using Shockwave in "The Revenge of Bruticus", him ever having a large gun. Heck even in Headmasters he fought with a light saber once, but not a gun that I can recall...

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 am

o.supreme wrote:Perhaps it is another attempt at being accurate to the animated series? I mean...I cannot recall aside from using Shockwave in "The Revenge of Bruticus", him ever having a large gun. Heck even in Headmasters he fought with a light saber once, but not a gun that I can recall...

He didnt have his own gun in the series. He used his fists mostly. And also used his arm as a buzzsaw, which the takara version can fullfill :D

william-james88
News Staff

Postby MemphisR56 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:35 pm

william-james88 wrote: used his arm as a buzzsaw, which the takara version can fullfill :D

The revenge of bruticus was one of my absolute favourite episodes as a kid. Can't wait to find some tiny army men to stand in for the sentinels and reenact those scenes.

Though, thinking back to it, theres this scene where bruticus says to shockwave something like "you control giant sentinels, when you defeated cybertron is ours." Which is weird, aside from the fact that he refers to himself as both an individual and collective in the same dialogue, the sentinel robots that shockwave is training are tiny. I wonder if the orignial script called out for the gigantic omega supreme style guardian robots under shockwaves command before someone pointed out in a meeting late on that omega supreme is the last of his kind.

MemphisR56
Pretender

Postby Kurona » Tue May 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MemphisR56 wrote:
william-james88 wrote: used his arm as a buzzsaw, which the takara version can fullfill :D

The revenge of bruticus was one of my absolute favourite episodes as a kid. Can't wait to find some tiny army men to stand in for the sentinels and reenact those scenes.

Though, thinking back to it, theres this scene where bruticus says to shockwave something like "you control giant sentinels, when you defeated cybertron is ours." Which is weird, aside from the fact that he refers to himself as both an individual and collective in the same dialogue, the sentinel robots that shockwave is training are tiny. I wonder if the orignial script called out for the gigantic omega supreme style guardian robots under shockwaves command before someone pointed out in a meeting late on that omega supreme is the last of his kind.

Starscream's Brigade + Revenge of Bruticus are just two of the best G1 episodes period imo. Maybe I'm biased because I adore the combaticons, but the two episodes just really grew on me. Starscream getting his own little army and finally staging an actual mutiny against Megatron - and for a bit winning! - while each of the combaticons unlike a lot of combiner teams actually show off some very nice individual personalities; they're the most well-defined of any combiner team imo which is a big part of their appeal. Hell, even the Stunticons get to show off some personality in literally not giving a toss about Megatron. They're a bunch of junkies lmao.
I think the "referring to self as individual and a group" is a hint at how a combiner's mind might work... but maybe I'm looking into it too much as a cartoon. IDW goes into it much better... though it unfortunately had to come with the travesty of Combiner Wars.
But yeah, those two episodes are a ton of fun. It leaves a lasting impression on me that the Combaticons are part of Starscream's personal army that'd ally with him against Megatron one day; along with maybe the seekers. Always a cool thought - an army of jets flanked by this humongous monster of destruction.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby noctorro » Wed May 18, 2016 1:32 am

Completely offtopic:

To site owners.
Is there a way that the View Discussion button on the News Section go directly to the page of that post in the forum? It always starts at page 1 and then I have to find page 235 where the post is from the one on the News Section. That could be a lot easier if it just went directly to the correct part of the thread.

And is there a way to look up a persons response and also go directly to that response in the thread instead of page 1 again?

I can't find the picture of Bruticus in this 278 page long thread.

Sorry for the offtopicness.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #58 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC204 Penguin (CA)Ray+more"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240733 Bradshaw 240317E"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed PURPLE FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #4 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230976 (A/CA) Kirby (W) Lee"
X-MEN #4 Facsimile ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr B DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC162 Blank Sketch"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman VENGEANCE OF BANE #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0223DC099 (CA) Fabry"
Batman VENGEANCE O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC801 1A (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #347 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg NOV220812 (CA) Purves"
INCREDIBLE HULK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0324DC131 1A Perez"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC201 1A (CA) Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIZ COMICS #2 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1222DC130 Shazam (CA) Beck (W)Parker"
WHIZ COMICS #2 Fac ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON