This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:47 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cyberpath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Speaking about new releases, what about the animal combiners? :-? HasTak has totally skipped those.

It's not so much 'skipped' as 'don't have the molds to do'.

Maybe it's time for some new molds. :)
John Warden once said in a TCC magazine interview that they deliberately avoided doing the beast-based combiners on purpose.
TCC: What Combiner were you personally eager to make, but just could not get it into the final product line? Predaking, Piranhacon(sic), Abominus are seemingly absent from Combiner Wars. Were the animal Combiners just not feasible for the line or was it a priority issue, wanting to focus on the more classic vehicle Combiners?

JW: You took the words right out of my mouth: Predaking. I loved Predaking as a kid, and I loved the other Monster/Beast Combiner teams as well. I'd even love to bring to life the idea of a Dinobot Combiner team in toy form.

Every figure we create needs to be able to be incorporated into the greater whole of the Combiner Wars line. To create a Beast Combiner, we would have had to dedicate a full wave of product to play off the aesthetics of the original characters and Combiners that fans love.

Secondly, we wanted to focus the line on "terrestrial" forms (such as helicopters, jets, cars) that we knew would be easily identified by the new fans (kids) and would give a point of difference from the Transformers: Robots in Disguise toyline, which has a lot of Beast/Monster Alt Forms.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:57 am

Neither of these reasons completely makes sense to me. I think Kurona nailed it.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Kurona » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:02 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Cyberpath wrote:Neither of these reasons completely makes sense to me. I think Kurona nailed it.

It's essentially just saying the same thing I did with more flowery corporate language.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:02 am

Cyberpath wrote:Neither of these reasons completely makes sense to me. I think Kurona nailed it.
Well, yeah, they don't have the molds to make those combiners out of because they didn't make the necessary molds to do so, and they didn't make said molds for the reasons given in that interview.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:47 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
Well, yeah, they don't have the molds to make those combiners out of because they didn't make the necessary molds to do so, and they didn't make said molds for the reasons given in that interview.

Look at it this way: Hasbro wants to keep RiD 2015 and Generations separate with each its own gimmicks to avoid toy line confusion (remember, not everyone is as savvy as we are). The last thing they want is for the two lines to "blend" thematically, for instance by flooding one line with what would be other line's main gimmick, rendering the point of having two lines at all moot.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:49 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Look at it this way: Hasbro wants to keep RiD 2015 and Generations separate with each its own gimmicks to avoid toy line confusion (remember, not everyone is as savvy as we are). The last thing they want is for the two lines to "blend" thematically, for instance by flooding one line with what would be other line's main gimmick, rendering the point of having two lines at all moot.
Though, things have since changed what with Titans Return featuring animal-based Decepticons, which at the time this interview was published were only in RID and not in Generations.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:54 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Things has since changed what with Titans Return featuring animal-based Decepticons, which at the time this interview was published were only in RID and not in Generations.

I did say flooding as in "multiple consecutive waves with Beast Modes". One or two should be OK, as long as it doesn't overtake RiD 2015 in amounts (like 4 Generations vs. only 1 in RiD 2015). When the Beast Mode gimmick is taken over by a different line, then you have a problem.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby Kurona » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 pm

That said, Starscream is an indication of RiD 2015 shifting towards vehicle-based Decepticons once again, redecos like Paralon aside.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:15 pm

I'm saying that the overkill of mold re-use is probably the real reason. Because what the Hasbro man said doesn't really makes sense to me.. what does Combiner Wars have to do with RID? RID also has trucks and cars, so animals is where they draw the line? :lol:

And why does everything else have to be animal themed for them to do animal combiners? Isn't a big part of the combiner toys to mix and match? A kid can make a combiner from a jet and a car but not from a lion and a chooper? :lol:
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby King Kuuga » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The ability to reuse the molds such as they did in Combiner Wars is key. It is expected that the third part of the trilogy will feature the beast combiners with their own sets of molds that are able to be retooled into each other.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby RAR » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:24 pm

To me it would make perfect sense to revisit Combiner Wars thematically in 2018-2019 with Beasts for a number of reasons.

They will be a nice Amuse Bouche for Movie toys - as there is only going to be a few Animals in The Last Knights - a few Dinobots and a Dragon in particular.

So for a mostly vehicle based toy line some more Animals would be nice counter to that. also if people liked The Headmaster Beast then a short pause and a slight twist from Headmaster Animals to other kinds makes sense to me.

If they give the combiner a pause they can come back to them fresh with an Animal focus. (as well as get around to G2 Devastator & Defensor if they still have not by then).

----

Also the mould family they make can be used for all sorts the new Combiner Characters that debued in the Kreo-O line for example on top of Abominus and The Seacons.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
william-james88 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
I can dig some curvy femme though. I am not PC.

Obviously, you look nothing like him:

:lol:

I am so sad they stopped those ads. :( The one time I actually like ads other than Geico ones, they stop.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Courage: 7

Postby Starsaber468 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
RAR wrote:To me it would make perfect sense to revisit Combiner Wars thematically in 2018-2019 with Beasts for a number of reasons.

They will be a nice Amuse Bouche for Movie toys - as there is only going to be a few Animals in The Last Knights - a few Dinobots and a Dragon in particular.

So for a mostly vehicle based toy line some more Animals would be nice counter to that. also if people liked The Headmaster Beast then a short pause and a slight twist from Headmaster Animals to other kinds makes sense to me.

If they give the combiner a pause they can come back to them fresh with an Animal focus. (as well as get around to G2 Devastator & Defensor if they still have not by then).

----

Also the mould family they make can be used for all sorts the new Combiner Characters that debued in the Kreo-O line for example on top of Abominus and The Seacons.

Love the fact this is unlikely to happen guys beast combiners is still the same as the combiner gimmick which i doubt they will be doing unless its a boxset, and also beast alt modes is not a gimmick.... seriously i bet you its either gonna be pretenders 2018-2019 or something else doubt it would be actionmasters unless it was like something for legends class cause hasbro has likely learned from their mistakes
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Starsaber468 wrote: Love the fact this is unlikely to happen guys beast combiners is still the same as the combiner gimmick which i doubt they will be doing unless its a boxset, and also beast alt modes is not a gimmick.... seriously i bet you its either gonna be pretenders 2018-2019 or something else doubt it would be actionmasters unless it was like something for legends class cause hasbro has likely learned from their mistakes

It's been strongly hinted at that we will be getting beast combiners within the next couple of years. They didn't want to do them during Combiner wars since the focus there was vehicles, not beasts
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Translated Comic for Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Megatronia

Postby william-james88 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We posted the Takara Transformers Unite Warriors EX Megatronia comic not too long ago and now we have a real treat for you guy: we have the translated version. Now you will be able to put words to this series of over the top images which includes one of Megatronia's guards cutting off autobot combiner ports and licking the bleeding energon from them. Remember, this is read right to left, top to bottom. Enjoy!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Of note is that this fan translation made a conscious effort to use the Hasbro names in place of all Takara names, hence Laserwave, Convoy, and Convoy Grand Prime being referred to as "Shockwave", "Optimus Prime", and "Optimus Maximus" instead.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:09 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
That seems fairly self-evident and NOT worth special note.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby Bumblevivisector » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:55 am

I guess I had to read it a second time after the shock of the strip's other contents had worn off, but Vector Sigma telling Optimus, "You have lived and died too many times," is just so damn funny cuz' it's so damn true...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby partholon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:32 am

ha ha ha .

that sound ya hear is every feminist in the world going mental !

:D
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Sjeng » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:34 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Missiles
If there's anyone in the EU looking for a relatively cheap Grand Galvatron: http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/verzamelen/ ... =lr&pos=31

Dutch website, but the Guy's legit. I bought 4 UW's from him. ;)^
Want list:
Siege Sideswipe, Skytread, Soundwave, Starscream, Shockwave, Red Alert, Brunt, Smashdown, Greenlight, Toy Refraktor set, Impactor, Spinister, Lancer, Crosshairs, Hot Shot, Rumble & Ratbat, Frenzy & Wingthing, Skywarp.
Earthrise Snapdragon & Apeface.
Generations Selects Pirahnacon!

Check out my B.O.T.S.
Sjeng
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 7
Watch Sjeng on YouTube
Alt Mode: a cat
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Prowl4 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:21 am

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
The stench of overly aggressive feminism in this translation is stifling.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Speed: 10
Courage: 9

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:58 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Terrible writing, really, really sexist feeling.

But I kinda love it. Not the sexist part, obviously, but I love how you have them using ridiculous attacks on all the Decepticons. Lunaclub being an overtly-aggressive fangirl on Starscream, Trickdiamond bullying and coercing Thrust into summoning Unicron for her own goals, Flowspade having a blast using Roller and Breakdown into boxing gloves, and Moonheart giving them- well, let's say Erector would be proud.

Honestly I just love the craziness of these girls. :lol:
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:17 am

Wouldnt it be up to people of the female gender to decide if its sexist or not? Kurona, Jelze, do you have any opinion?

I find it a bit degrading that we have a comic with fun female villains taking the lead and being awesome, and the first thing men say is "sexist". Its like putting down something that could instead be hailed as more fiction involving females within a very (coinsciously made) male centric hobby. To me, thats where the real sexism is, in the people seeing an isue that might not be there, its speak to their bias. I support any fiction involving new female characters, especially some who kick ass as much as these and show the men how its really done!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:22 am

william-james88 wrote:Wouldnt it be up to women to decide if its sexist or not? Kurona, Jelze, do you have any opinion?

I find it a bit degrading that we have a comic with fun female villains taking the lead and being awesome, and the first thing men say is "sexist". Its like putting down something that could instead be hailed as more fiction involving females within a very (coinsciously made) male centric hobby. To me, thats where the real sexism is, in the people seeing an isue that might not be there, its speak to their bias. I support any fiction involving new female characters, especially some who kick ass as much as these and show the men how its really done!

I'd rather not give an opinion since I'm a little tired of this particular combiner mold making people triggerhappy for either their "SEXIST" or "YOU'RE A FEMINIST SJW" buzzwords that do more harm than good, don't contribute towards any actual conversation beyond inflating your own ego and agenda and really have no place on a Transformers forum. I'd rather the comic and toys themselves be discussed, as is the point of the thread.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:26 am

Kurona wrote:I'd rather not give an opinion since I'm a little tired of this particular combiner mold making people triggerhappy for either their "SEXIST" or "YOU'RE A FEMINIST SJW" buzzwords that do more harm than good, don't contribute towards any actual conversation beyond inflating your own ego and agenda and really have no place on a Transformers forum. I'd rather the comic and toys themselves be discussed, as is the point of the thread.

That is even better, yes. I did get sick of it all too.
I found the comic pretty fun and I wish more of them were translated. What I liked most was how it dealt with Megatron becoming Galvatron. In the show, its never adresed much as if Galvatron is a whole new character and everyone moves on with that in mind (even if we know he used to be Megatron). But here, there is a nice legacy which even takes another leap with Galvatron now being a head in Cyclonus, but with his entire history still there. So the only way for her to have a chat with him is for Cyclonus to have his chest open and reveal the head. Its a nice new wrinkle to the legacy of these characters

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPRINKLEBERRY DUH BALL Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 donut hole"
SPRINKLEBERRY DUH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRATWORST Transformers BotBots Series 5 Movie Moguls bratwurst Hasbro 2020"
BRATWORST Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOOGLY SPY P.I. Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop 2020 binoculars"
GOOGLY SPY P.I. Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DISASTER MASTER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop Hasbro 2020 tent"
DISASTER MASTER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 4 SHATTER Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New"
Series 4 SHATTER T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKY-BYTE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
SKY-BYTE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OUTTA ORDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays arcade game Hasbro 2020"
OUTTA ORDER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYPOPS Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 lollipop"
CYPOPS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRIB WATCH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo-Goo Groupies baby monitor 2019"
CRIB WATCH Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAVI T Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes Hot Cocoa Sugar Cubes 2019"
CAVI T Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FAIL POLISH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Nail Polish 2019 Hasbro"
FAIL POLISH Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLD PUNCH Transformers BotBots Series 5 Goldrush Winner's Circle boxing glove"
GOLD PUNCH Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON