This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

UW-EX Baldigus image posed with LG-EX Black Convoy

Postby Kurona » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:57 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
As the excitement continues to build for UW-EX Baldigus - Robots in Disguise 2001 Ruination for those of us in the west - fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade drops by to give us a tweet courtesy of @TF_pr. This contains a new image showing off Baldigus/Ruination alongside LG-EX Black Convoy - otherwise known as Scourge; his Decepticon comrade from the cartoon. Check it out below and see if the comparison tickles your fancy for this upcoming combiner even more!

好評予約受付中UW-EX バルディガスの塗装サンプルとLG-EXブラックコンボイを並べてみた!バルディガスの合体ロボとしての巨大感が強調されてステキです♪(幸)>トランスフォーマー ユナイトウォリアーズ UW-EX バルディガス: http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810862628/ …

Translation wrote:Popular preorders and Jonny UW-EX bardigas paint samples and LG-EX black convoy! Is huge as gattai Robo baldiga is highlighted, nice ♪(Hiroyuki) > transformer unit warriors UW-EX bardigas: http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810862628/ …

Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby TulioDude » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:43 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Wow this is nice!They look so good!
I'm not that found of RID,but it is awesome to see the reinterpretations of these characters together. :CON:
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:44 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Why would they use that Scourge rather than the E-Hobby Grand Scourge toy? I figured it would make more sense to pose the ones using molds from the same line.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Coptur » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:02 am

william-james88 wrote:Why would they use that Scourge rather than the E-Hobby Grand Scourge toy? I figured it would make more sense to pose the ones using molds from the same line.

Your logic is sound but Black Convoy and Grand Scourge are two different characters

Me personally nothing beats the original Scourge/Black Convoy toy (G2 Laser Optimus Prime)
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Mkall » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I know there's calls for Battle Gaia, but I'm pleased that we're getting this repaint instead.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Kurona » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 am

william-james88 wrote:Why would they use that Scourge rather than the E-Hobby Grand Scourge toy? I figured it would make more sense to pose the ones using molds from the same line.

Because the LG-EX figure represents Black Convoy better - Grand Scourge doesn't exactly have the Laser Prime silhouette, and he has a lot of detailing like gold trimming Black Convoy doesn't have.
Grand Scourge is more a reference to the Super Link dude than the Car Robots dude.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:12 am

Coptur wrote:

Your logic is sound but Black Convoy and Grand Scourge are two different characters

Me personally nothing beats the original Scourge/Black Convoy toy (G2 Laser Optimus Prime)

yeah for sure, but about Grand Scourge, he isnt the RID Scourge who is also a black optimus called Scourge?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 am

william-james88 wrote:
Coptur wrote:

yeah for sure, but about Grand Scourge, he isnt the RID Scourge who is also a black optimus called Scourge?

Nope.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grand_Scourge
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:33 am

So two Black Primes called Scourge, thats confusing

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:36 am

william-james88 wrote:So two Black Primes called Scourge, thats confusing

Just the same as how there's a rebellious red autobot car called Sideswipe in G1, and a rebellious red autobot car called Sideswipe in RiD 2015.

Though even then... these black Primes don't share names. The RiD 2001 Scourge is only called Scourge in the west - originally in Japan, in Car Robots, he was known simply as Black Convoy.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sjeng » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:37 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Laser-Guided Missiles
I saw a pre-order for Ruination on Kapow, but he's 100% Bruticus repainted, so I'm gonna pass...
At some point you need to call it quits anyway :P
Want list:
Siege Sideswipe, Skytread, Soundwave, Starscream, Shockwave, Red Alert, Brunt, Smashdown, Greenlight, Toy Refraktor set, Impactor, Spinister, Lancer, Crosshairs, Hot Shot, Rumble & Ratbat, Frenzy & Wingthing, Skywarp.
Earthrise Snapdragon & Apeface.
Generations Selects Pirahnacon!

Check out my B.O.T.S.
Sjeng
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 7
Watch Sjeng on YouTube
Alt Mode: a cat
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:38 am

Kurona wrote:

Just the same as how there's a rebellious red autobot car called Sideswipe in G1, and a rebellious red autobot car called Sideswipe in RiD 2015.

But thats just a different version of the same G1 character, just like Bumblebee, Grimlock and Optimus are.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:42 am

william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

But thats just a different version of the same G1 character, just like Bumblebee, Grimlock and Optimus are.

RiD 2015 Sideswipe isn't a version of G1 Sideswipe though. He's an Aligned character
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:48 am

Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

RiD 2015 Sideswipe isn't a version of G1 Sideswipe though. He's an Aligned character

They are ALL alligned characters, hence their seperate Wiki entries.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Coptur » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:56 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
would it be silly to make a RID themed autobot combiner using hotspot for optimus prime and have Sideburn, X-Brawn and Prowl and maybe Skid-Z for limbs :-?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Railbomb » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
Weapon: Sword
Ultra Markus wrote:would it be silly to make a RID themed autobot combiner using hotspot for optimus prime and have Sideburn, X-Brawn and Prowl and maybe Skid-Z for limbs :-?

I'd think a Car Robots/RiD combiner is a lot more likely now that we're getting Ruination, you know, to keep the count even.
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby bvzxa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
FYI for those that are confused.

Black Convoy came first, then he was renamed Scourge for RID.
Valdigus/Baldigus = Runination

However, the toys greatly differ as Valdigus had the correct colors and symbols while Runination was centered much more closely to sort of match G1 Bruticus.

Grand Scourge is the evil Superlink/energon counter part to Grand Convoy. Grand Scourge was released as a model kit only.

Black Convoy/Valdigus - Upside down generantion 2 sysmbol also they were their own group called the Combatracons and Black Convoy was their leader. Both Car robots and RID had the same animation, just RID dubbed them horribly different.

Scourge/Runination - Sport Decepticon symbols and colors were changed from the anime and Japanese toy.

So We did get Black Convoy from the United line, and Scourge from the TFCC. We got Grand Scourge in the legends line. I treat them as different entities but Black Convoy started it all. Very sought after figure for a long time.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That's only because you're approaching the two from an Western perspective. To the Japanese audience that the two toys were released to, the evil Laser Optimus Prime redeco is named "Black Convoy", while the evil CW Optimus redeco is named "Grand Scourge".

The confusion only comes into play when one tries to use the English equivalent names for these characters, in which case Black Convoy would be "Scourge" while Grand Scourge... would be nobody.

Grand Scourge has no English name because the original Grand Scourge model kit toy from Super Link never saw a release in the Energon line in the West, and so Grand Scourge never got an English name. If he had, he most likely would have been named "Nemesis Prime". But since he never came over into Hasbro's side of the brand, Grand Scourge doesn't really exist in Hasbro's lore.

As to how Grand Scourge even got his name if he isn't the same character as Car Robots Black Convoy/RiD 2001 Scourge, he got his name from the Japanese name of Armada Nemesis Prime. In Japan, that Nemesis Prime was named "Scourge" in the Micron Densetsu (Japanese Armada) series, in homage to the English name of Car Robots Black Convoy, but there was also a slight homage to G1 Scourge in the name by Takara giving Nemesis Prime's Mini-Con partner Run-Over the Japanese name of "Sweep".

Now, this isn't necessarily to say that Armada Nemesis Prime/Micron Densetsu Scourge is the same character as Super Link Grand Scourge. After all, Armada Nemy/MD Scourge was just an animalistic puppet creature controlled by Sideways/Doubleface, and was completely and thoroughly destroyed by both Optimus/Convoy and Galvatron/Megatron Super Mode, whereas Super Link Grand Scourge(/no Energon counterpart) by all appearances seems to be his own independent being controlled by no one and fully alive on his own. Still, as his origin remains unknown, there's still some wiggle room for any Japanese author to come along and create some kind of origin that could connect Grand Scourge to Armada Nemesis/MD Scourge if they wanted to, but at this point, no such connection has been made between the two besides the similar "evil Optimus/Convoy lookalike" concept and the similar Japanese names.

One last thing that further differs CR Black Convoy from SL Grand Scourge. Black Convoy is a Combatron :RENEGADE: like Baldigus, while Grand Scourge is just a Decepticon :CON: .
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Emerje » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I still like to call him Black Battle Convoy like it's 2001 when nobody knew better. It just sounds better, sets him apart from all the other Black Convoys we've had since.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby RAR » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:33 am

Grand Scourge wasn't just a model kit he was also a PVC figure that was partnered with an evil version of Wingsaber.

Not to mention he was an influence on the PCC line, also the Unite Warriors Grand Scourge comes with multiple kinds of faction logos.

I'm not sure the logos especially matter when Scourge & Black Convoy are pretty much the same guy only one has Decepticon logos on his toy. They are in the same show - just one of those shows in English and one of the toys is an Anti-Cybertron logo sporting character and the other is a Decepticon.

I don't have a problem with that - it's just one of those weird things like putting Decepticon logos on Unicron toys.

Also don't forget that Black Lio Convoy was also a thing, as was Black Big Convoy and Universe Nemesis Prime (mammoth version), not to mention the idea of evil repaints that was sort of hinted at with Galaxy Force.

I would rather of liked an Armada Superbase Scourge toy and a Botcon Energon Deluxe Scourge too - shame we didn't get those.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Coptur » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 am

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nemesis_Prime_(disambiguation)

If i'm honest I get bored all these dark/black/scourge/evil Optimus Primes running around very boring.

I was shocked when I discovered that Black Hot Rod & Dark Rodimus Convoy were two separate characters :BANG_HEAD:
(all interesting reading & researching but give me the spidey clone saga any day :michaelbay: )
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:59 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAR wrote:Also don't forget that Black Lio Convoy was also a thing, as was Black Big Convoy and Universe Nemesis Prime (mammoth version),
Of those three, though, Black Big Convoy wasn't evil. He was a good black clone.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 am

Coptur wrote:http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nemesis_Prime_(disambiguation)

If i'm honest I get bored all these dark/black/scourge/evil Optimus Primes running around very boring.

I was shocked when I discovered that Black Hot Rod & Dark Rodimus Convoy were two separate characters :BANG_HEAD:
(all interesting reading & researching but give me the spidey clone saga any day :michaelbay: )

1: I didnt know that aout Rodimus either.
2: I never ever wish to go through that Spidey clone saga again.

william-james88
News Staff

More In Hand and Comparison Images of Takara Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynx Master

Postby william-james88 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:41 am

Several Japanese fans on twitter have been posting many images of their new Sky Master combiner. They include some vehicle mode comparison shots to the Hasbro versions and close ups of the bot modes as well as a clearer image of the one panel comic (and a recreation of it). You can see them all bellow.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Robot Replicas ROTF 2009 210930A"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Heroes OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Series Revenge Fallen ROTF 211023A"
Robot Heroes OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 220802A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon OFFICIAL TRADING CARDS Pack 2011 Hasbro New DOTM"
Transformers Dark ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON