This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Discussion Thread

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:20 am

ahhh. The paint colors and camo are cartoon accurate. Just had a look. Makes more sense now.

Actually, looks really good. Planning to pick this up.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:44 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Really never liked this colour scheme. Always reminds me of some really foul tasting vegatable soup/puke.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Cobotron » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:40 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Really never liked this colour scheme. Always reminds me of some really foul tasting vegatable soup/puke.
:lol: I've thought this too, although it doesn't bother me so much. He IS many shades of vomit.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Wow! These look amazing in this color scheme. Kudos to Takara from bringing this set out. Can't wait to add this to my collection. :D
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
so looks like that blast off mold has a different look not using the nose of the shuttle for a chest
i think that this looks way better ;)^
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Ultra Markus wrote:so looks like that blast off mold has a different look not using the nose of the shuttle for a chest

The orientation was used for the retool UW Strafe. As a consequence though, the arms are switched.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Bounti76 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:25 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:so looks like that blast off mold has a different look not using the nose of the shuttle for a chest

The orientation was used for the retool UW Strafe. As a consequence though, the arms are switched.

His chest is this way because their cartoon models were MUCH more toy-based than the Combaticons, and Takara had focused on making their Unite Warriors/Combiner Wars molds more cartoon accurate. Hasbro was more about G1 Toy accurate decos for the most part.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby frogbat » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:13 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
reasons for me to get this over UW or hasbro bruticus is that this guy has the blast off mould (beats out the hasbro one, even though even as a kid I saw it odd that a shuttle formed part of the team in spite of starscream's explanation bout having his own shuttle like megs had astrotrain.) And the reason he beats out the UW version is that this guy is using the tilted ankles. That's something I don't have on my other CW figures and I think will help with his overall stability. I'm not super keen on the colours, preferring the original combaticons scheme, and I have no connection with this guy, so he'll be my combaticon team after being affected by some bad spray job swindle got on the cheap. He'd have looked better if the shuttle matched the chopper colour scheme - symmetrical / matching colour schemes definitely help the gestalts overall look I feel - e.g. devastator and victorian
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Skill: 7

Postby karyuudo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:35 am

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
It's really amazing just how far toy companies have come in terms of being able to make characters pretty much show accurate. Love the look of these guys.
Check out our projects at Karyuudo Fansubs at our Blogspot http://tinyurl.com/hxjgclm/
Check us out on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/ht6jcf9, featuring the following series subtitled in English:
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Transformers Car Robots
Transformers Zone
karyuudo
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch karyuudo on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Bounti76 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

His chest is this way because their cartoon models were MUCH more toy-based than the Combaticons, and Takara had focused on making their Unite Warriors/Combiner Wars molds more cartoon accurate. Hasbro was more about G1 Toy accurate decos for the most part.

it still looks better though,
if only hasbro would release that mold of blastoff and use that orientation with toy accurate colors :(
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:49 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I'm giving Takara one more chance, mainly because Megaempress and her entourage are just too adorable to pass up. Hopefully they should be here very soon. :DANCE:
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:11 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Idk how all of you see it as puke. Looks like camo colors to me.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Kurona » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:19 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Y'know, looking at Baldigus like this; I wish my Bruticus had those hands/feet, Scattershot's guns and the Constructicon guns. It's amazing how perfectly they work.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:48 am

Kurona wrote:Y'know, looking at Baldigus like this; I wish my Bruticus had those hands/feet, Scattershot's guns and the Constructicon guns. It's amazing how perfectly they work.

I know, right? I'd replace the hands and feet with PE offerings myself (because hollow feet and inarticulate lump hands suck) but the extra weapons totally complete them. If Megatronia is a win I might- MIGHT- get them.

Regarding the colours, I quite like them myself- they look properly military-ish. I do wish we'd get a Hasbro toy colour version later down the line though, as I prefer the sand blue Armourhide and the grey combiner bits. A Wal-Mart Urban Camo version would be nice too, but unlikely. Maybe for a future con exclusive?
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Baldigus is out...Good Thing at least for the time it appears BBTS has plenty of Baldigus and Megatronia in stock as I probably wont be able to afford them for some time, also trying to plug a couple of the more expensive holes in my collection.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The Baldigus installment of Unite Warriors Offshot:

The six Combatrons (and Gelshark) are chillin' at a public onsen (basically a spa or a bath house with natural hot springs) at a point set after they left Cybertron in the last Unite Warriors comic (the one that had them and all the other combiners fighting Unicron). Judging by that picture of Devil Gigatron, it looks like they still aim to free him from jail, but apparently have the time to enjoy this onsen along the way. Junko's in the background yelling at them (whom Gelshark, Shuttler, and Hepter have noticed and blush at for her seeing them bathing in the nude - irony! 8-} ), and it looks like they have their own Destronger version of Ai who also looks to be scolding them as well. Oh, and Greejeeber's enjoying some coffee milk.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 am

Sabrblade wrote:The Baldigus installment of Unite Warriors Offshot:

The six Combatrons (and Gelshark) are chillin' at a public onsen (basically a spa or a bath house with natural hot springs) at a point set after they left Cybertron in the last Unite Warriors comic (the one that had them and all the other combiners fighting Unicron). Judging by that picture of Devil Gigatron, it looks like they still aim to free him from jail, but apparently have the time to enjoy this onsen along the way. Junko's in the background yelling at them (whom Gelshark, Shuttler, and Hepter have noticed and blush at for her seeing them bathing in the nude - irony! 8-} ), and it looks like they have their own Destronger version of Ai who also looks to be scolding them as well. Oh, and Greejeeber's enjoying some coffee milk.

Heh, this dovetails quite nicely with the art for Megaempress and her fiendish femmes, who were also taking a bath in their art piece.

Also, would it be safe to suggest that the Destronger T-AI is another model of Navi-Ko?
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
The Computron feet and fists really does the set great. The obsession with getting rid of kibble resulted in having limitations in the poseability of the previous set. I got myself the official Computron fists/feet set separately which made the Takara Computicon, already great, into awesome!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
I wouldn't necessarily say Junko/Kelly is yelling, rather she's shocked at running into Transformers yet again for the upteenth time. Such is her karma I suppose :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby Munkky » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:36 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Shuttler looks really good, it's a shame he's not sold separately (You could say that with a lot of Unite Warriors figures).
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Emerje » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Still waiting for TFSource to get Baldigus in. :-( I thought after they got Megatronia in so quickly they finally picked up the pace on these sets, but I guess not.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Finally received my Unite Warriors Baldigus (A.K.A., Ruination) sets a few days ago from TFSource. Just got around to opening them up tonight. I knew what to expect, of course, already having Takara Tomy's Bruticus set, but this still felt fun and fresh. The decos and paint applications on these figures are fantastic, and using the new Hasbro Computron fists and feet is a nice touch too, not to mentioned the additional guns. A straight redeco with some new accessories maybe isn't the most exciting way to end a line usually, but it works in this case. Baldigus just oozes charm, and with his extensively different deco from Bruticus, along with putting him in "Land Mission" gestalt mode, makes him look fantastic posed with the rest of my Decepticon combiners, despite being Bruticus' body double.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby o.supreme » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Sounds like most fans agree Baldigus is a great toy. Thankfully the last 2 I need to complete my collection are the two most recent (Megatronia & Baldigus), and they have plenty in stock at BBTS, so I'm in no rush to get them while I let my finances recover a bit.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Kurona » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:19 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Well putting aside the fact he's a beloved character, Bruticus was already an incredible set with a lot of variety and variation; so a recolour of that with extra accessories and proper feet? Friggin' awesome.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Whelp! Anyone else have a breakage problem with Ghost Starscream? On mine, the hinge for one of the tail wings just cracked. Well, 1/2 of the hinge, and the other 1/2 has some fatigue.

Looks like he'll be staying in bot or arm mode for some time to leave the the wings folded up.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOT SHOT Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Dragster Car Hasbro 2020 New"
Rescan HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot HEATWAVE FIRE BOT action figure Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 New"
Feature Bot HEATWA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON