This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Cobotron's Collect-o-tron

Share photos of your Transformers collection here in this dedicated forum to showcase our collections.

Re: Cobotron's Collect-o-tron

Postby no-one » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:I wanna give Majora a chance, but time limits make butt hurt.

:lol: You have to be an oaf of a gamer for time to run out in Majora's Mask. I am a semi-oaf and I think time ran out 4 or 5 times for me. But, when time does run out, it is terrifyingly AWESOME!

It's not that I'm worried about not being able to do it, I just don't like to be rushed. For example I wanna say my play clock in Fallout 3 was around 245+ hours. I like to stop and smell the roses, then stop and smell the roses, then stop and smell the roses. I play games to escape the restrictions of daily life. But you know, ZELDA! Maybe I should pick up the OoT remake on the 3DS; it's been 17 years since I've played that one. The WiiU is slowing becoming the Zelda machine. If they remake the Wii Zeldas, it may break me.

Hey Don, welcome to the cray cray fray!
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Cobotron » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Donny! Where's Donny?!

Oh snap! Donatello, I'm so sorry. How did I miss your post?

donny1975 wrote:Cobz you always have some of the strangest shenanigans going on in your room... :-?

Microman to plum smugglers (i.e. banana hammock) to video games always a trip!

I love these microman figs and I hate ( [-( ) when you showcase them coz it makes me want to run out and spend money I don't have LOL :-D

Hope your weekend is shaping up to be a good one Coblerone.

I like to think you can always come over to the O-tron for a Micro fix.

And if you only ever, from this point on call me Coblerone, I'm ok with that.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chocolaty!
:lol:

Edit: Cary, there is plenty of time to smell the roses in Majora. I mean it's a Zelda game.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Hi hello sorry gotta run goodbye.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Motto: "There is no style i can't MASTER! . I constantly evolve ."
Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
Never seen this! before mate :APPLAUSE:

This flavour microman is sweet as... :-$

Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander
News Credits: 33

Postby Cobotron » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Hey!

Did you guys feel something?

I heard like a little voice too. Sounded tiny...
... and Britishy.

A ghost?
A fairy?
Va'al maybe?

Eh. Prolly nuttin'.

Geno. They are sweet as... :-$
They are my must favorite Micro :-$ ers to eat!
Taste like rock candy.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:19 am

Guys. I really wanted to get back to TFs, because I got a bunch of cool new stuff I want to play with you guys with.
But I have become more interested than I had thought with the notion of cataloging these Microman toys. There isn't a lot of info in the inter-space on these guys.

So since I'm on a roll, let's finish up these LED Powers guys. What do ya say?
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:31 am

Cobotron wrote:Guys. I really wanted to get back to TFs, because I got a bunch of cool new stuff I want to play with you guys with.
But I have become more interested than I had thought with the notion of cataloging these Microman toys. There isn't a lot of info in the inter-space on these guys.

TF or GTFO

( :x )
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:43 am

Cobotron wrote:Guys. I really wanted to get back to TFs, because I got a bunch of cool new stuff I want to play with you guys with.

Just Do it! Do it now !!...Lick it good , Suck this :-$ ... #-o oh right this is seibertron not an on line rap brothel , my bad :oops:
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander

Microman LED Powers, Shining Tector

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:05 pm

The Shining Tector series was the final installment to the LED Powers line. It was released in late 2000. There was an installment between them and Laser Microman called Secret Breaster, which consisted of the Laser figures cast in opaque plastics. They were the exact same figures and head sculpts, but came in a palette of really nice muted grey's and greens. They also each came with a full set of weapons and Magne Shields. I only ever found Izam from this line.

But let's take a look at the last wave released of this Micro reboot, before the Master Force lines started.

Microman LED Powers, Shining Tector

With this line, Takara went back to translucents. They gave each figure a new head sculpt and new belts and cod pieces. They also decided to paint the faces on the chrome heads with a flesh tone. I used to think this was strange, but after this photo shoot, it has grown on me. And I realize now, once again this is a nod to the past. It homages the Hoodman series from the Police Keeper line, circa 1978.
This line also includes all new weapons that support a gimmick that I find to be tons of fun.
I'll leave this little surprise for the end.

Shining Arthur with Shining Blaster

Shining Walt with Shining Magnum

Shining Odin with Shining Claw

Shining Izam with Shining Sword

Suggested weapon configuration.

My improv, Shining Bow!

And now...BOOM!
Arthur in Perfect Shining Mode

In December of 2000, Takara released the final wave of Shining Tector. This wave consisted of three figures with complete sets of tector, called the Perfect Shining series.

This debonair chap is Solomon.

The series also included Zett (who we saw earlier, as a Laser Master), and an all new character called Shakunetsu. I was only ever able to acquire Solomon.

Perfect Shining Bros.

THE END. :D
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Va'al wrote:[TF or GTFO
Your opinion has been noted. [-(
Wait! Are you modding a mod? :-P

Genocide G2.0 wrote:Just Do it! Do it now !!...Lick it good , Suck this :-$ ... #-o oh right this is seibertron not an on line rap brothel , my bad :oops:
Geno, don't let the Missus catch you rocking off to the Collect-O-Tron. :lol:

While working and researching on these posts I realized I consider my Microman and my Transformers collection to be one in the same. They are all part of of a family who share a design and history stretching over 41 years.

while digging I came across a collector's concept I had never heard, Takara SF Land. the SF stands for science fiction. The idea encompasses all of Takara's science fiction toys throughout there entire history.

Here is a neat article I found describing this concept, and pointing out some really neat correlations between Microman and Transformers. It's worth a read.
http://www.fanmode.net/2009/07/17/fanmode-interview-bryan-wilkinson-part-5/
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Thank cob this is over , the desire to buy some might fade away :lol:

Good stuff Obotro :APPLAUSE:

I'm with ya info and especially pictures are sometimes hard to find with a simple google search and often it's a small pixelated picture from an ebay seller who does'nt have a zoom :BANG_HEAD:

Is this a face through the vizor ?

Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks Geno! I'm really glad you are enjoying it, and glad i can share this stuff with people who give a slag.
Ryan (seibertron) has granted permission (with much help from dear old WJ88) to mirror these images on seibrtron in hopes they will better propagate the intrawebz.

Genocide G2.0 wrote:Is this a face through the vizor ?
Yes. All their head sculpts are supposed to have mouth pieces, and their eyes peak out of their helmets.

Or do you mean, is her visor flipped up? I think that is just the shape of her helmet. :-?
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Cobotron wrote:Thanks Geno! I'm really glad you are enjoying it, and glad i can share this stuff with people who give a slag.
Ryan (seibertron) has granted permission (with much help from dear old WJ88) to mirror these images on seibrtron in hopes they will better propagate the intrawebz.

Genocide G2.0 wrote:Is this a face through the vizor ?
Yes. All their head sculpts are supposed to have mouth pieces, and their eyes peak out of their helmets.

Or do you mean, is her visor flipped up? I think that is just the shape of her helmet. :-?

That's Awesome mate . I have a tuff time finding good images sometimes , say if the pictures on ebay or amazon are very poor (amazon) and i need to quickly google .

Yours will be an excellent source :APPLAUSE:

I just wanna clear things up Cobs , i'm not going to start reviewing or giving any history of the figures i buy buy i was just a little excited and wanted to say a bit about Acrogarula :saint:
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:05 pm

Genocide G2.0 wrote:I just wanna clear things up Cobs , i'm not going to start reviewing or giving any history of the figures i buy buy i was just a little excited and wanted to say a bit about Acrogarula :saint:
Hey! By all means. I love looking at your photos, and you should feel free to do with your Micros as you see fit. The only figure so far we share in common is Voltech. So your spot lights on these toys are important. Acrogarula is Fantastic and that's my first real look at her. So thanks!

Should we go start a new thread in the non-TF zone dedicated to cataloging Microman stuff?
there have been a few in the past, but they were short lived and had no photos or really any eye candy to ingest.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Genocide G2.0 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Cobotron wrote:
Genocide G2.0 wrote:I just wanna clear things up Cobs , i'm not going to start reviewing or giving any history of the figures i buy buy i was just a little excited and wanted to say a bit about Acrogarula :saint:
Hey! By all means. I love looking at your photos, and you should feel free to do with your Micros as you see fit. The only figure so far we share in common is Voltech. So your spot lights on these toys are important. Acrogarula is Fantastic and that's my first real look at her. So thanks!

Nice one and your welcome ;) I didn't want you to think i was stepping on your toes , After all it's your thing.

If i do i will only briefly review the figures you don't have.. after i take a magnifying glass to your collection :lol:

Cobotron wrote:Should we go start a new thread in the non-TF zone dedicated to cataloging Microman stuff? there have been a few in the past, but they were short lived and had no photos or really any eye candy to ingest.

Hey i'd be down for that action ;)^
Genocide G2.0
Faction Commander

Postby donny1975 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Cobotron wrote:Donny! Where's Donny?!

Oh snap! Donatello, I'm so sorry. How did I miss your post?

donny1975 wrote:Cobz you always have some of the strangest shenanigans going on in your room... :-?

Microman to plum smugglers (i.e. banana hammock) to video games always a trip!

I love these microman figs and I hate ( [-( ) when you showcase them coz it makes me want to run out and spend money I don't have LOL :-D

Hope your weekend is shaping up to be a good one Coblerone.

I like to think you can always come over to the O-tron for a Micro fix.

And if you only ever, from this point on call me Coblerone, I'm ok with that.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chocolaty!
:lol:

Edit: Cary, there is plenty of time to smell the roses in Majora. I mean it's a Zelda game.

No worries Coblerone ;o) You got your hands full with all the microman goodness!

I will certainly live vicariously through you and your toys!
I am very suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I totally trust a dog that doesn't like a person...
donny1975
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:07 am

Got in a pretty nice little hau from HTS this weekend.

And in an unexpected, but predictable moment of weakness, I let this white buffalo follow me home from Target. :-P

The Thunder Clash Repro Labels set may have added to my impaired judgement.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby no-one » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:19 am

Cool stuffs. Unlike a seemingly lot of folks, I like the MM/Prime mold. The cool thing is the fixed MM is BC Prime's case mate. And the "weird/planned" thing is that there are still a ton of Menasor limbs hanging on pegs in my area.

I keep seeing the guy at target, and I keep walking away. A sale might just make my immune system weak and catch the fever your spreading here. And I'd say that repro kit would totally justify BCP.

I demand more pics! Especially BCP and the Chops of Shops!
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:04 am

I don't get all the hate on this mold either. I like him just fine in either mode, and I like him as a torso. My only thing (hence "moment of weakness") was I wasn't going to get two Primes, and had I been given a choice up front, I would have maybe chose Battle Core over regular. In the end I have no regrets. Red Prime fulfills my childhood dream of a classic character combiner and BC can be a new guy (with stickers) and I get to check out the hip fix.
BTW this BC Prime's left hip is scary tight. SO tight it feels like the post could snap right off if not careful. :shock:

Man, I have such a back log of photos I wanna do, plus the new photo challenge has got my brain spinning. The other haul this weekend was a nice little pre-schoolborn virus from my girls. Maybe I can play the sicky card and hide out in the C-O-T and play for a bit.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby no-one » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:11 am

Speaking of the current challenge. I ad a really hard time finding the words for this one.

Does it make sense? Do you think people get what I'm shooting for here?

I think the already posted pics will help.

I'm hoping someone comes up with some unexpected off the wall stuff.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:00 am

I get it, but I've had more time to ponder it. I think you worded it well, and the posts definitely help. The people how have already played in past challenges are a creative bunch, it will come together.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:18 am

BCP is indeed dangerously tempting after that Reprolabels update... :-?

PHOTOS NAO PLZ
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cobotron wrote:I get it, but I've had more time to ponder it. I think you worded it well, and the posts definitely help. The people how have already played in past challenges are a creative bunch, it will come together.

I have the right project for you Cobo, which i cant do since my monkey bots are not with me at the moment. I saw an awesome image once of someone using Optimus primals and primes to recreate the evolution of man. So you could have the ultra primal in beast mode followed by transmetal primal in robot mode but with a knee bent trying to stand then followed by and optimus prime or two slowly standing straighter. Let me know if you are up for a photo like that, I bet you can do a better job than whatever I have in my head at the moment.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:11 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:I get it, but I've had more time to ponder it. I think you worded it well, and the posts definitely help. The people how have already played in past challenges are a creative bunch, it will come together.

I have the right project for you Cobo, which i cant do since my monkey bots are not with me at the moment. I saw an awesome image once of someone using Optimus primals and primes to recreate the evolution of man. So you could have the ultra primal in beast mode followed by transmetal primal in robot mode but with a knee bent trying to stand then followed by and optimus prime or two slowly standing straighter. Let me know if you are up for a photo like that, I bet you can do a better job than whatever I have in my head at the moment.
I was hoping someone would recreate that image with cool bots.

Great idea to use Primal, Will! ;)^
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Cobotron » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:16 pm

carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I was hoping someone would recreate that image with cool bots.

Great idea to use Primal, Will! ;)^
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This idea had already crossed my mind but wasn't sure how/who.
Thanks Billy! you just helped flush it out a bit more.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Share Your Transformers Collection

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM479 5D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr G blank sketch Image Comics 2023 1G GI JOE 1023IM265 (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr G blan ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222B"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 301B 0923IM336 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #3 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Trimpe 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 4C 0224IM257 (CA) Burnham + Reber"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM893 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 3rd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON