Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies, TV and Netflix shows

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Marvel TV Series and Movies

Postby Burn » Thu May 03, 2018 3:53 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:@The Cornetto trilogy. Now I haven't seen the last one yet, meant to but never found time, but you mean to tell me their connections run deeper then just the principal actors and the subtle nods to each other? Was this revealed in the third film or just what's being said in interviews?

Just the Cornetto. It's the only thing that's consistent (aside from the flavour) throughout all three movies.
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 125

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu May 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Marvel slayed the buildup, everything worked perfectly, and it has paid off tremendously.

What saddens me is the people complaining about Infinity War as if it is a one shot movie, not part 1 of 2 of the big end to the first 3 phases of Marvel movies that slowly but surely built up on one another in spectacular fashion.

Also, I have an opinion: Iron Man has done his best work in movies that aren't named after him
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
News Credits: 288
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby TulioDude » Thu May 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Burn wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Thanos characters is excellent.The adaptation was made really well,to shown not only as Thanos as an antagonist but as a person.

It's something they've been working on in his current solo book.

Not only that,but its something that goes way back from the original Infinity Gauntlet Saga.Then in the comic version of Infinity War,he essential to saving the universe,going after what the cause with the help of (somewhat hesitant) heroes.

Is this new ongoing solo book worth it?I thoroughly believe Thanos is at his best when written by Jim Starlin.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Burn » Thu May 03, 2018 11:19 pm

TulioDude wrote:Is this new ongoing solo book worth it?

If you're a fan of Thanos and have been for a few years, maybe.

It's really just about Thanos re-establishing his place in the universe after his stay in the Cancerverse.
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 04, 2018 12:16 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Marvel slayed the buildup, everything worked perfectly, and it has paid off tremendously.

What saddens me is the people complaining about Infinity War as if it is a one shot movie, not part 1 of 2 of the big end to the first 3 phases of Marvel movies that slowly but surely built up on one another in spectacular fashion.

Also, I have an opinion: Iron Man has done his best work in movies that aren't named after him

I'll agree with this though, I would like to see more about the mandarin after the hail to the king short. Iron man 2, I didn't think was that bad but I was expecting more from whiplash after what I read before (I think the actor was as well) bit it was cool to see iron man and war machine fighting alongside each other. Iron man 3 though...It just seemed pointless and the big reveal? Yeah the fact that marvel essentially back peddled on it shows that even they wished they could go back and alter it.
ZeroWolf
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 4

Postby shajaki » Fri May 04, 2018 7:29 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
My GF (nerd, but not comic book nerd) was shocked and saddened by all the deaths, obviously and especially Peter's. Granted it was a sad moment, but I just laughed "oh dear, with this many deaths and another movie to go, trust me, they'll be back" :lol:

And because of that fact, I thought killing Peter was a tricky tear jerking cop-out, but a Youtuber pointed out something rather interesting. In the original Infinity Gauntlet comic, Spidey does what he can, then gets sidelined for the finale because against a cosmic GOD, what can he really do? So rather than be sidelined in the next movie (and Climax to said story) it was much more impactful to kill him off as opposed to lamely sideline him due to uselessness.

Also yes, it was surprising to see Strange hand over his stone to save Tony, but it was pretty easy to surmise that he'd only have done so if it led to the one scenario where they all live.

All in all, it was a phenomenal movie. And I was mostly shocked and impressed with, for how many characters the story had to juggle, how cohesive it was. I'll likely have more to say, but s'all I got for now.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 221
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Fri May 04, 2018 11:05 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Saw it last night.

Holy

Cow.
Big Grim
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri May 04, 2018 2:58 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Marvel slayed the buildup, everything worked perfectly, and it has paid off tremendously.

I'll agree with this though, I would like to see more about the mandarin after the hail to the king short. Iron man 2, I didn't think was that bad but I was expecting more from whiplash after what I read before (I think the actor was as well) bit it was cool to see iron man and war machine fighting alongside each other. Iron man 3 though...It just seemed pointless and the big reveal? Yeah the fact that marvel essentially back peddled on it shows that even they wished they could go back and alter it.

That's my feeling too. 1 was a good origin story, 2 was my favorite (I am a War machine and triangle chest piece fan). and then 3 kinda really sucked. I don't like it that much. Iron Man has been more enjoyable in the Avengers, Spider Man, and even Civil War.
Big Grim wrote:Saw it last night.

Holy

Cow.

You're telling me man. So much yowza.

And Shajaki, that's something interesting to bring up, and I like it. Spidey's death was the one part of the movie where I cried, it hurt
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
News Credits: 288
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Burn » Fri May 04, 2018 4:01 pm

All those deaths meant nothing to me, considering the majority of them already have sequels of their own movies in the pipe line. Image
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby TulioDude » Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Burn wrote:All those deaths meant nothing to me, considering the majority of them already have sequels of their own movies in the pipe line. Image

What about the guys that fied before te universal wipe?Is Loki gonna ressurect?

Did anyone else felt that the ending of Thor Ragnarok after Infinity War got a little more bittersweet?
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby shajaki » Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:And Shajaki, that's something interesting to bring up, and I like it. Spidey's death was the one part of the movie where I cried, it hurt
Yes, I got a little misty too :(

TulioDude wrote:Did anyone else felt that the ending of Thor Ragnarok after Infinity War got a little more bittersweet?
Yes! What was the point of rescuing the downtrodden of Asgard, only to have them all BRUTALLY SLAIN, OFF SCREEN, IN THE OPENING MINUTES OF THE MOVIE?! I thought they would establish an Asgardian colony on earth ala Thor post Civil War.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies, TV and Netflix shows

Postby Ironhidensh » Fri May 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I finally watched Black Panther. I enjoyed it, and it was good, but not that good..... though I suppose that is my whiteness talking.
Photobucket can die now.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 16
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Motto: "What's wrong with spandex and cowboy boots, b*tch?"
Be careful, if you're white you're not supposed to say anything bad about anyone black or else you'll lose your job and have to humiliate yourself publicly with an apology on the news.
Selling my Studio Series Bumblebee.
PM me if interested.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
News Credits: 19

Postby blackwasp » Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Why did Thanos want to destroy half of all humanity?
blackwasp
Banned

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat May 12, 2018 12:54 am

He wanted to destroy half of all living things in the universe. He wanted to do it to stop overpopulation as he thought it was unsustainable.

I haven't seen black panther yet, probably have to wait till it comes on blu ray now.

It's a shame it's been confirmed that Adam warlock won't appear in the next avengers film, he was a big part of the original infinity gauntlet storyline, still in guess we don't need to wait too long for guardians 3.
ZeroWolf
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby blackwasp » Sat May 12, 2018 9:44 am

Is the Hulk in the Avengers “Hulk Light?”

When are we going to get the World War Hulk that overpowers The Avengers, X-men, Fantastic Four, etc....all combined?

He should have crushed Thanos.

And why is Captain Marvel so anticipated? Is she the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Universe?
blackwasp
Banned

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat May 12, 2018 10:24 am

Ironhidensh wrote:I finally watched Black Panther. I enjoyed it, and it was good, but not that good..... though I suppose that is my whiteness talking.

I feel this came out wrong. I understand why this movie was so amazing for so many, I do. I'm happy for that and content to take anything from it. I just mean I don't have that connection to this film, so for me it was just another marvel movie. Very well done, enjoyable, and above the average, but no Civil War or Ragnorok.
Photobucket can die now.

Ironhidensh
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat May 12, 2018 11:02 am

Ironhidensh wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I finally watched Black Panther. I enjoyed it, and it was good, but not that good..... though I suppose that is my whiteness talking.

I feel this came out wrong. I understand why this movie was so amazing for so many, I do. I'm happy for that and content to take anything from it. I just mean I don't have that connection to this film, so for me it was just another marvel movie. Very well done, enjoyable, and above the average, but no Civil War or Ragnorok.

You know, from people I've talked to, civil war is divisive. I mean it's not like age of ultron which everyone rounds upon (except I like it, it's no where near the best and is towards the bottom of the pile, but it's a guilty pleasure). They critercise it's balance of characters and about what they're fighting about. My family moaned about it being one fight after another.
ZeroWolf
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby shajaki » Sat May 12, 2018 11:18 am

Great... another thread for Duragrip to ruin.... >:oP

It's funny about Black Panther though. I felt compelled to say it was great, but didn't really think so. Which like Densh don't get me wrong, I still thought was a wonderfully enjoyable installment, but not one of the greatest Marvel flicks it was hyped up to be.

However, I did end up seeing it a second time, and for some reason was able to get into it much more than the first viewing. I rank it higher now, and my main complaint is just that the villain was pretty much a copy paste evil Black Panther. Shattered Glass almost :lol:
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat May 12, 2018 1:33 pm

shajaki wrote:Great... another thread for Duragrip to ruin.... >:oP

It's funny about Black Panther though. I felt compelled to say it was great, but didn't really think so. Which like Densh don't get me wrong, I still thought was a wonderfully enjoyable installment, but not one of the greatest Marvel flicks it was hyped up to be.

However, I did end up seeing it a second time, and for some reason was able to get into it much more than the first viewing. I rank it higher now, and my main complaint is just that the villain was pretty much a copy paste evil Black Panther. Shattered Glass almost :lol:

Yeah, pretty much all of my issues revolve around Killmonger. I saw the character as a complete waste of Jordan's talents. I really think the kid is gonna be one of the greats, if not the great, of his acting generation.

Also, even for a sci-fi superhero movie, I find the idea of such an advanced and prosperous nation like wakanda staying Biden ridiculous. :-P In an easily overlooked good way if course.
Photobucket can die now.

Ironhidensh
God Of Transformers

Postby Burn » Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 pm

I didn't mind Black Panther, though I agree it's far from the best of the Marvel movies. What made it different is it was more of a sequel type movie rather than an origin movie and just served to introduce us to other characters and Wakanda itself.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun May 13, 2018 7:18 am

With Infinity Gauntlet being the last of the phase coming out next year, I would like to see Marvel release every movie starting with the 1st Iron Man and ending with Infinity Gauntlet on Blu-ray in 1 giant set next year.
PM me if interested.
............Image
My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 am

I wish I'd gotten all the phase one movies in the set they'd released after avengers, the one in the briefcase. That was beautiful. I can see them doing a master set though but what form will it take?
ZeroWolf
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun May 13, 2018 6:29 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I wish I'd gotten all the phase one movies in the set they'd released after avengers, the one in the briefcase. That was beautiful. I can see them doing a master set though but what form will it take?
A giant gold glove with stones in it. :-D

Probably an Amazon or Walmart exclusive for $299. >:oP
PM me if interested.
............Image
My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 pm

I just saw Deadpool 2.

It was pretty good, on par with the first one as far as humor and vulgarity goes. However, the first film was a more coherent story while this felt like a collection of skits. Nonetheless, it was entertaining. And finally we get to see Colossus fight Juggernaut! There are other X-Men cameos as well. I definitely recommend it. Of course stay through the credits, as Wade does some serious reconning.
PM me if interested.
............Image
My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products