Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies, TV and Netflix shows

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies, TV and Netflix shows

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I can't wait to see deadpool 2, though I think if the Disney deal goes ahead (comcast can leave well enough alone), deadpool will remain unchanged, as I think Disney are smart enough to know that a lower rating will cause a backlash.

In other marvel news, agents of shield is getting a shorter sixth season but it won't air till next summer as they want avengers 4 out of the way. Apparently there will be big tie ins to infinity war but no word on what form they'll take.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 212

Postby Burn » Sun May 20, 2018 4:54 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Watched Deadpool 2 yesterday. I think I set my expectations high.

It was a good movie, definitely one of the best I've seen, but ... something didn't seem right story wise, it was very simplified, yet he still did a fantastic job of smashing the fourth wall.

It's definitely worth seeing in the cinemas, don't waste time waiting for home release.
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Slow your mustang down, bud. I respect your “uniform.” You’re lucky I just happen to like you too. :-D
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 206

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun May 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Motto: "No, I'm Teaspoon and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher!"
Burn wrote:Watched Deadpool 2 yesterday. I think I set my expectations high.

It was a good movie, definitely one of the best I've seen, but ... something didn't seem right story wise, it was very simplified, yet he still did a fantastic job of smashing the fourth wall.

It's definitely worth seeing in the cinemas, don't waste time waiting for home release.
I also thought the story was simple, but the action and humor more than made up for it. My favorite moments were when Colossus beat Juggernaut by anal electrocution and of course the credit scenes. Also, when they were in the X-mansion if Patrick Stewart would have shouted "That's my f**king chair!" it would have been perfect.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Both Ultra Magnus and Unsolved Mysteries start with the same letters. Coincidence?
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
News Credits: 18

Postby Roadbuster » Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:Watched Deadpool 2 yesterday. I think I set my expectations high.

I also thought the story was simple, but the action and humor more than made up for it. My favorite moments were when Colossus beat Juggernaut by anal electrocution and of course the credit scenes. Also, when they were in the X-mansion if Patrick Stewart would have shouted "That's my f**king chair!" it would have been perfect.

Mine would have to be

When Cable asked who Wade was Wade replies "I'm Batman!" As soon as Cable asked that I imediately thought of that moment from Batman 89 and then burst out laughing when Wade said it.

Then of course The Baby legs scene/Basic instinct Interview parody
Roadbuster
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby shajaki » Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Saw Deadpool 2 as well today. It was certainly good, but I wasn't blown away. And for that matter, the first one didn't blow me away either. Probably because of the whole girlfriend thing (his true originS are very messed up) and the potty mouth. I have no issue with cursing, but I feel the movies overdo something that I didn't even consider a standard for the character.

As for DP2, I liked Cable and Domino WAY more than I thought I would. But yeah, I'd agree on the simplicity of the flick. My favorite part was the dig against Rob Liefeld :lol:
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Burn » Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
(All Hail) Liefeld has been lapping it up the last two weeks too. He's definitely made no secret these are characters he (co-)created.

I know most people don't like his style, but I do, and honestly, he came along and introduced the likes of Cable and Co at a time when I was at the height of my comic collecting.

I'm still not entirely convinced of Josh Brolin as Cable, I know he busted his arse to bulk up for the role but a shoulder pad and some pouches wouldn't have gone astray. Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Slow your mustang down, bud. I respect your “uniform.” You’re lucky I just happen to like you too. :-D
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby WreckerJack » Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Just watched GotG2 this week. I don't know why it has taken me so long to watch it but these movies are awesome. I accidentally thought it was the first one when I clicked on it and netflix does not have the first one.

Are the comics good? Which one to start with?
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Burn » Mon May 28, 2018 3:23 pm

WreckerJack wrote:Are the comics good? Which one to start with?

The current ones (with the movie crew) is okay ... I feel the better books are around 10 years ago when there was a series of crossovers (Annihilation ... and others I can't remember the names of) involving a lot of the non-Earth based characters.

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby shajaki » Mon May 28, 2018 3:24 pm

WreckerJack wrote:Are the comics good? Which one to start with?
The ones I think most closely relate to the movie is the '07 Dan Abnett/Andy Lanning run. Annihilation and Conquest put the space books back on the map, and thus Guardians book is one of it's successors. It ties in to War of Kings, and Thanos Imperative. The Nova book of the same time was equally as excellent.

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Burn » Mon May 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Good times.

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby shajaki » Mon May 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Burn wrote:Good times.
Fo sho. Those were my favorite books at the time. I thought the "Cancerverse" creepy cool.

Can you imagine how awesome an MCU Movie of a PROPER Nova would be? 8-}
I'm really looking forward to Captain Marvel though ;)
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon May 28, 2018 3:59 pm

There is rumours of a nova movie, I don't know if it hinges on how well captain marvel does.
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby Burn » Mon May 28, 2018 4:15 pm

shajaki wrote:
Burn wrote:Good times.
Fo sho. Those were my favorite books at the time. I thought the "Cancerverse" creepy cool.

It gave more of a sense of horror than Marvel Zombies did. Plus the ending ... oh the heart break!

I don't know why but I've always enjoyed Rich Rider. So I was a little miffed when they replaced him with a kid version, which obviously worked out so well they had to bring Rich back.

But yeah, if those rumours are true, I'm definitely down for a (proper) Nova (Corps) movie. I mean as far as galactic police movies go, it can't possibly be worse than Green Lantern! :lol:

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby shajaki » Mon May 28, 2018 4:54 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:There is rumours of a nova movie, I don't know if it hinges on how well captain marvel does.
:PRAY:

Burn wrote:I don't know why but I've always enjoyed Rich Rider. So I was a little miffed when they replaced him with a kid version, which obviously worked out so well they had to bring Rich back.
Yeah he's a great character. I didn't mind the new kid, but it came at a time when I was getting out of comics so I didn't give him much of a chance. Rider mighta kept me reading :-?

Burn wrote:I mean as far as galactic police movies go, it can't possibly be worse than Green Lantern! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Burn » Mon May 28, 2018 5:14 pm

shajaki wrote:I didn't mind the new kid, but it came at a time when I was getting out of comics so I didn't give him much of a chance. Rider mighta kept me reading :-?

I do like Sam, but unfortunately he got caught up in that big introduction of younger versions of existing characters.

Now might be a good jumping on point for you WreckerJack as the latest crossover "Infinity" is just starting.

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue May 29, 2018 1:08 am

What makes this infinity event different from the last one they did a few years back with Thanos? (Not talking about infinity gauntlet, just to clarify)

Also I'm not sure if it's possible to make a worse movie then that green lantern abomination.. which sucks as gl is my favourite dc character.
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby Burn » Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 am

ZeroWolf wrote:What makes this infinity event different from the last one they did a few years back with Thanos? (Not talking about infinity gauntlet, just to clarify)

Buggered if I know, but it's not like it's the first time Marvel have revisited an old cross-over with a different spin on it.

I think the bigger question is, who dies and who gets resurrected?

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue May 29, 2018 6:27 am

Who's actually dead now? I know xavier is..but sometimes I lose track of who's actually dead. The only thing that actually kills in the comics is lack of popularity (or by having film rights owned by a different studio)
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby Burn » Tue May 29, 2018 1:48 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I know xavier is..

Yeah about that ...

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue May 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Burn wrote:

Yeah about that ...

When did they bring him back? Have the the 1960s x men been sent back yet at least?
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby Burn » Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:
Burn wrote:

Yeah about that ...

When did they bring him back? Have the the 1960s x men been sent back yet at least?

Last couple of issues of Astonishing X-Men ... though it's complicated.

60's X-Men are still floating around in the present.

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue May 29, 2018 5:05 pm

Wonder how they'll wipe their memories when they send them back, or will marvel use that as another reset point. Astonishing...I haven't read that one since Whedon left it ages ago, is it back as part of the marvel legacy thing? I mean I thought they'd split the x men up between blue and gold
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby Burn » Tue May 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Astonishing is its own team, just like Blue, Gold ... and Red.

I honestly couldn't tell you who is on what team though, I think a couple cross over. It's hard to keep track these days now that the X-Men are back at the fore front of Marvel.

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed May 30, 2018 3:42 am

Would that have anything to do with the offer they made to fox I wonder. Are the comics at marvel better now then?
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby Roadbuster » Wed May 30, 2018 6:49 am

Marvel comics has been in the gutter for the past few years due to being taken over by SJWs. They switched out most of the characters for some that are minorities, of other orientation, or women and then sales plummeted, don't even get me started of Captain America: Agent of Hydra which was the final straw for a lot of people. Now the characters we know are back but were either being turned into SJW or beta males. Needless to say, Marvel comics has gotta hurt a lot more before higher powers step in and dictate they knock it off.

X-Men I'm not so sure of though. Jean has returned after a ten year hiatus (mainly because the CyclopsxEmma Frost pairing took off with the fans). now Jeans back (likely ahead of Dark Phoenix's original release date that was pushed back) and Emma reverting to her more sinister ways (likely out of grief for Scott's death) and is now on the run. Xavier has been "dead" for a few eyars before we'll get some BS excuse for his survival. I give it another year before he returns, Cyclops I give three years.

And most recently, Wolverine has returned form the dead after being removed from his adamantium casket, via Kitty, and given a proper burial. A group of mutants sought his body and fought the X-Men, only to discover the grave was empty. The explanation for his revival is currently being told. But he has an Infinity Stone with him. Several group are now looking for him.

Fantastic 4 is also been confirmed to be relaunched later this year.
Roadbuster
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
Twincast / Podcast #216:
"Prime Galaxy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Hoist The Tow Bot Action Fig..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Arms Micron Ultra Magnus Am-27 Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "transformers fall of cybertron sideswipe Hasbro Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers FOC Fall of Cybertron Combaticons Bruticus Combiner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream MIP NEW Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Griffin Rock Police Station" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime CLIFFJUMPER Complete Deluxe First Edition See Desc." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS FALL OF CYBERTRON FOC LOT COMPLETE GRIMLOCK BLASTER SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY