Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies, TV and Netflix shows

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies, TV and Netflix shows

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Ironhidensh wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Would I be alone in wanting mystique to look more as she did in the 94 toon with the costume?
She was wearing that at the end of Apocalypse in the danger room, wasn't she?

He means her tradtional white dress with skull decoration, not her xmen suit, I think.

You're right Ironhidensh :)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 353

Postby Roadbuster » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:43 pm

Time to legitimately necro this thread.

Also James Gunn is back as GoG Vol 3 director.
Roadbuster
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I love how little we know about the new film. They are keeping the major things, and even minor ones, well under wraps. I like it!

The trailer was really cool, no question.

And that James Gunn news made my weekend when it Broke Friday
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
News Credits: 1407
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:that James Gunn news made my weekend when it Broke Friday
I was happy to see that as well. He shouldn't have been fired in the first place.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
..............."The body, THE BODY, THE BODY!!!" - Mickey, Rocky II

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
News Credits: 19

Postby Burn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:that James Gunn news made my weekend when it Broke Friday
I was happy to see that as well. He shouldn't have been fired in the first place.

Disney didn't really have a choice. People were up in arms over comments made over 10 years ago, they had to "take a stand" even though they knew it was over 10 years ago and he (anyone really) has grown and changed.

So they stuck to their "family friendly" values, waited for things to blow over and then brought him back.

Or they simply couldn't find anyone to do the job and had reached a point of desperation. There's no way they could NOT do a third Guardians, that's simply not how the solo Marvel movies work.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 212

Postby Roadbuster » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:22 am

Burn wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Disney didn't really have a choice. People were up in arms over comments made over 10 years ago, they had to "take a stand" even though they knew it was over 10 years ago and he (anyone really) has grown and changed.

So they stuck to their "family friendly" values, waited for things to blow over and then brought him back.

Or they simply couldn't find anyone to do the job and had reached a point of desperation. There's no way they could NOT do a third Guardians, that's simply not how the solo Marvel movies work.

Let's just be thankful they didn't give it to someone like Rian Johnson. That would have been the death of the film. We cannot deny that Disney likely considered such a move at some point.

His comments were crude but nobody should be accountable for what they said ten years ago, in or out of context. People are capable of change.
Roadbuster
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:02 am

People are only accepting of change when it's beneficial to them. I was pleased to see there wasn't that much said about his rehiring, other then one lone theory on twitter that he was part of a secret Hollywood pedo ring :roll:
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Burn wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

From what I've read, they have said that after the firing, James Gunn took it with grace, did not criticize Disney, and admitted to the fault of his posts from 10 years ago. Disney had no evidence he ever participated in said acts, and he didn't knee jerk them either. So they brought him back, and actually rehired him months ago, but didn't announce it until now so he can promote Guardians 3 coming during his new film's release this May.

that's what I've read anyway. It was definitely a knee jerk reaction, and a sad side effect of society today. I'm glad this was a mistake fixed though
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Be careful, there was a HUGE video leak on Reddit with MASSIVE spoilers for Endgame.
Photobucket and their ads should be criminal. Can't access any of my sig pix anymore due to ads.
Cyber Bishop
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 97
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:16 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Well, as I don't plan on seeing this (endgame) till its digital release, I read the spoilers on reddit.

Holy ****, this is gonna be good.

Seriously though, why do we still have movie theater only releases?
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 23
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am

Well Netflix was starting to change that but certain parts of the entertainment industry started throwing a hissy fit over it, demanding that movies should be exclusive to theatres. For instance look at the talk of Spielberg vs Netflix regarding Oscar nominations.
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:48 pm

I've been trying to avoid spoilers, and then on Twitter I had a few people post how angry and upset on a political issue they were having after learning about it through spoilers for the movie and share it to help people "boycott this"

I was beyond angry that there was a spoiler, and it was a nonsense thing too. Unfollowed all 3.
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:02 am

I just saw Endgame.

Holy ****. It was pretty damn good, even though I actually liked Infinity War better. I had 1 major disappointment, otherwise it was a good end to a lot of story lines. I hated that Hulk and Thanos don't fight, that would have been awesome. Also, Fat Thor. And I was very happy to see Cap get the ending he got. Very fitting.

Overall, I highly recommend it.

My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 am

Motto: "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW, FATHER?"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:I just saw Endgame.

Holy ****. It was pretty damn good, even though I actually liked Infinity War better. I had 1 major disappointment, otherwise it was a good end to a lot of story lines. I hated that Hulk and Thanos don't fight, that would have been awesome. Also, Fat Thor. And I was very happy to see Cap get the ending he got. Very fitting.

did you cry? I cried. There were man tears falling.

Fat Thor was awesome, I wasn’t expecting that at all. I’m glad he survived to carry on adventuring. Asgardians of the Galaxy!

I’m somewhat surprised that Cap gave Sam the shield instead of Bucky. Not disappointed, just surprised.

But daaaaaaaamn, the Timeline is fuuuuuuuuuuucked. Not only did they make 3 splinter Timelines by splitting into 3 separate teams, Cap and Tony also made a 4th Timeline by going back to the ‘70s. Not to mention whatever Loki decides to do. Plus, there are still 3 other Thanoses on a quest to collect the Infinity Stones.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:39 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I just saw Endgame.

did you cry? I cried. There were man tears falling.

Fat Thor was awesome, I wasn’t expecting that at all. I’m glad he survived to carry on adventuring. Asgardians of the Galaxy!

I’m somewhat surprised that Cap gave Sam the shield instead of Bucky. Not disappointed, just surprised.

But daaaaaaaamn, the Timeline is fuuuuuuuuuuucked. Not only did they make 3 splinter Timelines by splitting into 3 separate teams, Cap and Tony also made a 4th Timeline by going back to the ‘70s. Not to mention whatever Loki decides to do. Plus, there are still 3 other Thanoses on a quest to collect the Infinity Stones.
Yeah I thought about that afterwards and I'm glad I decided to give the MCU a break. I was already burned out on it but I wanted to see this.

As for Sam getting the shield, it was the SJW thing to do.
I was expecting it to go to Bucky as well.

I was upset about Widow dying but I understand why it happened. But if she died in Gamora's place to get the Soul stone,
where was Gamora at the end?

I came this close to shedding 1 single tear when Cap was standing in Carter's office looking at her through the window.
A man tear, dammit!

My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:43 am

To be fair, regarding the spoilers, he was the one to get that item most recently after the Original Sin event in the comics.

besides I rather Bucky be White Wolf then just another Cap ;) not that it matters since Sam and bucky are sharing a series on Disney plus
ZeroWolf
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:37 am

As for the new timelines created by their time traveling, wouldn't those become closed loops as soon as they returned the stones to the moment they took them from?

My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:21 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:As for the new timelines created by their time traveling, wouldn't those become closed loops as soon as they returned the stones to the moment they took them from?

Only in our Timeline, from our perspective.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby Burn » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:42 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
It was a decent movie, but ... meh, I didn't buy into the hype.

I think it comes down to being a little exhausted on it all. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but praise for a 10+ year epic that brought together 20+ movies, but it was all a little lacklustre, and a little disappointing as a continuation/wrap-up of Infinity War.

Plus plot holes ... so many of them that still need to be explained, while Homecoming is the last movie in this 10+ year phase, Endgame shouldn't have left questions unanswered.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:00 am

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, Burn. I was already burned out (pardon the pun) on the MCU, I still haven't seen Dr. Strange, and I have no intention to see black panther or captain marvel, and I thought Infinity War was better than Endgame. Of course all the fanboys will proclaim that heresy and the movie will most likely make $2 billion by the time it's done. However, a few loose ends that were left didn't bother me. It's not like the MCU is ending, and I'm actually looking forward to both Guardians 3 and Far From Home. But after that, I think I'm going to be done with it, unless they manage to produce some really good stuff (Secret Wars and a FF remake with a proper Galactus come to mind). My 2 biggest disappointments with Endgame were that there was no Hulk vs. Thanos and that Falcon got the shield instead of Bucky. It would have brought Bucky's story full circle. But of course, the SJWs had to be appeased.

My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:29 am

i wasn’t bothered by Sam getting the shield. Bucky hasn’t had the same character development in the MCU that he did in the comics; he’s too much of a hot mess to be Captain America. In the inverse, I feel like the MCU version of Sam Wilson is a better candidate for the mantle of Captain America than the comics version ever was.

I’m probably one of the biggest detractors of The Last Jedi as a film, and as feminists SJW propaganda. But I didn’t get any of the same vibes from this film as from that...travesty of a movie.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:i wasn’t bothered by Sam getting the shield. Bucky hasn’t had the same character development in the MCU that he did in the comics; he’s too much of a hot mess to be Captain America. In the inverse, I feel like the MCU version of Sam Wilson is a better candidate for the mantle of Captain America than the comics version ever was.
I haven't read any new comics besides Transformers in about 15 years,
so I don't know about that. What I do know is that both Bucky and Falcon had about equal screen time lately, but Bucky had better character development because he essentially got his own movie with Cap 2, and Cap had a closer relationship with Bucky than he did with Falcon. And besides, Bucky is a super soldier like Cap, whereas Falcon's only ability is flying with mechanical wings, unless I'm missing something?

I’m probably one of the biggest detractors of The Last Jedi as a film, and as feminists SJW propaganda. But I didn’t get any of the same vibes from this film as from that...travesty of a movie.
Except the one shot in the final battle when all the women get in screen together and attack Thanos 's forces. But it wasn't gratuitous so it wasn't a big deal, it was just noticeable. And yeah, SW is garbage now because of that.

My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby Burn » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:29 pm

I don't see Sam getting the shield as a "SJW" thing. It's just following the comics. Bucky had his run as Captain America, but it didn't go well given his history with Russia. Sam then had his run with the shield, it revolved around racism. Then Steve came back as an evil Hydra dude and took over the world. Fun times.

And the more I think about it, the more I dislike how they handled Banner Shrek Hulk. Smart Hulk in comics = awesome, and scary, Smart Hulk in movies = bad, because it was more about comedy and no smashy smashy.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:09 pm

Burn wrote:And the more I think about it, the more I dislike how they handled Banner Shrek Hulk. Smart Hulk in comics = awesome, and scary, Smart Hulk in movies = bad, because it was more about comedy and no smashy smashy.
Yeah, that was my single biggest gripe with the movie. They turned Hulk into comic relief when the biggest fight for the world's survival was coming. I think Joss Whedon is overrated, but even he knew better while writing the previous films.

My fanfics:
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pm

I ended up watching it 2 times this weekend, and I tried to go with my girlfriend today for a 3rd time, but the theatre was sold out.

I enjoyed it more the second time, but holy cows was it EPIC.

I loved so many moments in the film, and to me, different character choices made sense.

So to open with, the Iron Man saga has finally ended. He is my favorite super hero, and the arc felt complete and proper. It was leading to that moment. And it felt so good to see my hero go from starting in a cave with scraps to single handedly dusting Thanos and forces, wielding the Infinity Stones. that was great.

I. Am. Iron Man.

I had chills. That was my HELL YEAH moment.

I totally called Cap going back in time, that was what I thought, and I think they did it well. Sam getting the shield made 100% sense to me, Bucky has had a long ride and he is an old relic, Sam is younger and he has heart, something Cap has, and I think they were bonded closer over the heart they both shared. I got no SJW vibes from that.

Also that moment Cap took on Mjolmir was awesome. Collective theatre gasp.

Hulk was kinda disappointing, as there was no smash. But him undoing everything was really cool.

Thor, holy hell. Was not expecting that. But at least he kicked some ass at the end. Asgardians of the galaxy!

black Widow made me sad. But in reality, it was how her arc was set to end as well. She went from the one with the red in the ledger to giving her soul to ensure all those gone could come back.

the Ronin arc was pretty cool, and I'm in the minority that loves that haircut.

Rhodey had some of the best one-liners. I have loved the job Don cheadle as done with him, and I enjoyed the ending.

Nebula had a nice arc, and I liked both her and Rocket. They were nice additions to the movie and the Time Teams.

Ant Man killed it, Loved the little guy. "America's Ass" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was sad we didn't see much of Thanos, but a Thanos going off the deep end like that after seeing that he succeeded and he was about to have it all undone was great. We saw him kick ass. That was awesome.

I really thought we'd see more of Captain Marvel. Oh well.

Now, for the time travel, in reality, there may be 1 or 2 alternate timelines as far as I can see:

Alt 1: Space stone and Loki are vanished, leads into his Disney+ show, and then eventually both end up back in Asgard. Loki isn't important until the Dark elves, the Space stone till Ragnarok/Infinity War, can still be good

Alt 2: Thanos, Gamora, Nebula, and all associated with them are gone, and they have died in "our" universe. so there is no attempt at gathering the stones by him, and the Guardians don't form as they should. How it goes, and if someone else takes up the stones, we don't know.

as for Cap going back, I think they pulled some IDW MTMTE time travel stuff there. Cap lived in their timeline, married Peggy, had children, did not interfere with time as it needed to go, and then came to the site and waited until his past self went through the time machine to appear. He was always meant to be in this timeline. He didn't create an alternate one cause he was destined to be there like that.

And with friends like T'Challa, I bet his shield was fixed before he went back in time, or he got a new one during the course of his time getting old. I don't think the fixed shield was an error.

Finally, that end credits noise, Tony Stark forging the Mk I armor. perfect end.

Overall, loved it, definitely worth they hype.
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
Twincast / Podcast #234:
"Hell in a Cel"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars SUNSTREAKER - Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster And Twin Cast" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Fracas And Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "3 Gnaw Deluxe Legends Titans Return Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double-Dealer Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG14 Ultra Magnus Figure Collector Doll Toy" on EBAY
Buy "?SALE?Hasbro Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron Decepticon Shockwave in stock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie MIP!" on EBAY