This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - General Event Thread

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - General Event Thread

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:26 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Toy Fair is not yet begun, and already we have news from Hasbro regarding their product updates in the Transformers lines, thanks to their Investor Update at Toy Fair! Read on below to find out a summary of the webcast made available, touching upon Combiner Wars, Robots in Disguise, Transformers 5, and their multi-media platforms being developed at the moment.

The biggest, quite literally, piece of news that may interest all of our readers, is the reveal of the first official image of the Combiner Wars Devastator gestalt figure and box (with art by Marcelo Matere), mirrored below alongside a behind the scenes shot of the Hasbro booth on the floor! Read on further to find out more from the event, and stay tuned for our running coverage over the weekend.

• General business predictions and recaps, with a projected growth of 25% by 2017.
  • A focus on stories and media, leading to Discover Family channel links and ties to other networks for Hasbro programming, and small scale projects with new Allspark pictures.
  • Transformers 5 pre-production has officially started. China mentioned as upcoming second largest
  • My Little Pony is confirmed as the biggest Hasbro franchise at the moment, showing 47% growth since 2014

Transformers news!
  • New Rescue Bots toys - High Tide, Salvage and Blurr - which we had seen at Toy Fair UK and in the news in the past months.
  • Robots in Disguise, as per the recent press release, is where a lot of Hasbro focus will go.
  • Combiner Wars talked of in terms of modular, customisable, swap and change play aspect, with core components.
  • Official reveal of Titan Devastator!
  • Finally, the Fan Built Combiner will be revealed at San Diego Comic Con 2015.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Hasbro Investor Event

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:33 am

Looks like they're going for a similar marketing strategy as Metroplex, basing it on the size of the figure. I wonder if this means they'll follow the rest of that strategy and have multiple repaints, too. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Robogeek1973 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:41 am

For the most part I'm liking how Devastator looks so far. I wish he had longer thighs, but otherwise he looks pretty cool.
Robogeek1973
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 5

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Devy does have a very tiny head, I wonder why?

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Grendelspyce » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:44 am

Good point about repaints/exclusives. My two biggest issues with the admittedly grainy pics we've seen so far are the seemingly too small head and whether or not the forearms are part of Bonecrusher and Scavenger or add-on kibble. Hopefully we will know more in the next 24-48 hours...
Grendelspyce
Mini-Con

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:47 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
it begins!

need more images and info on dev.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:53 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
I am seeing a bunch of giant simplified Bumblebee toys.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:58 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
What is the other tall bot to the left of the large black box with the autobot symbol, just to the left of Devastator? Is that Menasor?

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9

Postby Shockwave7 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 am

Aw, yeah....
I never collected the Constructicons, but THIS...?
Tempted....
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby sol magnus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:20 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I'm strictly Masterpiece now, but I might have to get that Devastator (now that we have a good picture of it). It's a damn fine figure...can only hope the separate Constructicons aren't that great, because I'd want to get two if I got it at all.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Hasbro Press Release

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 am

Company Unveils New Introductions from MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF and More

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) will showcase its 2015 lineup of innovative brand experiences at the American International Toy Fair in New York City.

"Following successful receptions at the Nuremberg, London and Hong Kong Toy Fairs earlier in the year, we look forward to unveiling our latest introductions of our consumer-insights led, storytelling-driven brands in New York City, and engaging with customers and fans," said John Frascotti, President, Hasbro Brands. "In 2015, Hasbro will continue to deliver the world's best play experiences with our robust portfolio of properties including our own franchise brands, LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS and our partner brands including STAR WARS, MARVEL, SESAME STREET and JURASSIC WORLD."

About Hasbro

Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company's Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).

© 2015 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

HAS-PR
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:43 am

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I'm truly hoping Devastator doesn't feel flimsy and cheap. Great looking figure but if he's cheap feeling I will be forced to skip him.
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:56 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Hasbrostator looks pretty good when someone who knows how to properly transform him sets up the display. Its still a shame he isnt the same size as other CW Combiners. Hopefully somebody creates a fix for that mixmaster foot. He was probally the last figure designed and the designer got lazy.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Skill: 8

Postby reluctantyouth » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:29 am

Funny,

Why has no one mentioned the fact yet that the artwork on box shows Mixmaster reversed with cab as foot? :-? :-? :-? Why in the heck would someone screw that up basing the iconic image of G1 only to have the toy look like he has a clubbed foot? I'm hoping he is just mistransformed and Mixmaster can go the other way!!!

~reluctantyouth~
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Oh hey, Kre-O's still around.

There's a lot of color differences between package art Devastator and the real thing.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:50 pm

reluctantyouth wrote:Funny,

Why has no one mentioned the fact yet that the artwork on box shows Mixmaster reversed with cab as foot? :-? :-? :-? Why in the heck would someone screw that up basing the iconic image of G1 only to have the toy look like he has a clubbed foot? I'm hoping he is just mistransformed and Mixmaster can go the other way!!!

~reluctantyouth~

I dont get it, it looks like the picture. He does have the cab as his foot. There are even windows on it.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:

~reluctantyouth~

I dont get it, it looks like the picture. He does have the cab as his foot. There are even windows on it.
Look closer at the Vehicle Mode pic on the box.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

~reluctantyouth~

Look closer at the Vehicle Mode pic on the box.

Oh, I see, he means he has a reverse drum. I get it.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I honestly don't see why the new-style cement mixer altmode for Mixmaster is such a big turn-off for people. Isn't this the same kind of upgrade that Classics-esque lines are known for? I don't see how it's any different from Classics Astrotrain turning into a Shinkansen instead of a locomotive. Or Classics Bumblebee turning into a sports car instead of a VW Bug. Or Universe Ironhide and Ratchet turning into SUVs instead of Vanettes. Or Reveal the Shield Perceptor turning into a treaded truck instead of a microscope. Or Generations Blurr turning into an Earth car instead of a Cybertronian hover car. Or Generations Straxus turning into a tank instead of a flying cannon. Or Generations Sergeant Kup turning into an old Earth truck instead of a Cybertronian truck. If anything, I'd say some of those (especially Perceptor) were more radical changes than Mixmaster now having his drum facing forward instead of back. At least the Devastator leg mode still resembles Devastator's iconic leg look. Besides, who is honestly going to be displaying Mixmaster in altmode?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:04 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Looking at the new pic, it seems that even a 3r party Devy head might not be possible. The crane kibble on Hook seems to barely have any clearance for the tiny stock head to rotate. A larger head might not even fit.

I do hope I'm wrong about that.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Va'al » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:45 am

Been peering at that Hasbro area picture for a bit, trying to pick out what they're showcasing.

Left to right, in a clockwise sweep:

RID - Hyperchange Grimlock, BB, OP; Super Bumblebee (cf Toy Fair UK); Legion, One-Step, Warriors (I see little in terms of new figures right now).

I can either see Kre-O Battle Changers or Construct-Bots next to that.

Kre-O - Probably mostly RID sets and figures.

Devastator - Box and gestalt, can't tell if some figures are displayed in front of the box too.

Combiner Wars - Menasor with Voyager boxes; deluxes with Superion in background, mostly Stunticons and Aerialbots.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:35 am

Va'al wrote:Been peering at that Hasbro area picture for a bit, trying to pick out what they're showcasing.

RID - Hyperchange Grimlock, BB, OP; Super Bumblebee (cf Toy Fair UK); Legion, One-Step, Warriors (I see little in terms of new figures right now).

Devastator - Box and gestalt, can't tell if some figures are displayed in front of the box too.

Combiner Wars - Menasor with Voyager boxes; deluxes with Superion in background, mostly Stunticons and Aerialbots.

Streetwise is there too, its the white car at the edge of the second block, unless that's Breakdown. What saddens m is that I cant spot those G1 reissues anywhere. I really want to know how those look like and know where and when they will be released. They were at the nuremberg toyfair.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Va'al » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:48 am

william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Been peering at that Hasbro area picture for a bit, trying to pick out what they're showcasing.

Streetwise is there too, its the white car at the edge of the second block, unless that's Breakdown. What saddens m is that I cant spot those G1 reissues anywhere. I really want to know how those look like and know where and when they will be released. They were at the nuremberg toyfair.

I think that may be Breakdown, to be honest. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - General Event Thread

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Shifting our focus away from toys for a bit, ScottyP reports live from the New York Toy Fair, giving us a look at officially licensed Transformers hats from Elope, Inc. The designs mirror Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron, and are offered in two different styles - check them out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Licensed Products: Miscellaneous

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:59 pm

As ScottyP continues and concludes his field reporting from New York Toy Fair, we have a number of news pieces scattered from the exhibition centre about licensed Transformers products to share with everyone. First off, it appears that Hexbug and Tech4, who make the Mash 'Ems toys, aren't doing Transformers products in the upcoming year.

Up to speed with current Transformers releases, on the other hand, the candy producer Radz has a series of Robots in Disguise themed robot heads which dispense sweets on their tongues - much like the Pez of times gone by! Featuring Bumblebee, Strongarm, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Steeljaw and Optimus Prime, check them out below.

From Vivitar, we have a surprising amount of varied products, from headphones to joysticks to spy kits and accessories, walkie talkies, drum kits, electronic keyboards, tablet and smartphone cases, gadgets, trinkets and doodads - all with a Robots in Disguise theme. Find out more in the mirrored images that follow!

From Cardinal Industries, we have a number of Transformers themed puzzles - though it seems still from the older Age of Extinction related catalogues. See images mirrored below.

Via Trends International, we have a bunch of stationery and trinkets with both an Age of Extinction and G1 style to them, from pens to erasers to temporary tattoos.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
NEW!
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2011 230809A"
NEW!
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
NEW!
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
NEW!
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
NEW!
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON