This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Rumours from Toyfair Australia 2015

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Rumours from Toyfair Australia 2015

Postby william-james88 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Griffin, the owner of Australian fansite Ozformers, has attended Toyfair Australia 2015 and has posted a quick summary of what he saw and heard. Please keep in mind that the mention of release dates and exclusivity are most probably only in regards to Australian or Asian retail.

He wrote the following schedule for the Takara MP releases:

Gold bumblebeeJuly
Convoy reissue
Tracks (he states this is not MP25)
MP25 in Sept (he couldnt reveal the name of MP 25)
Two new "sports cars" for October and November

He then gives a breakdown of the exclusivity (at australian retail) for the platinum releases:

Myer¸: Seeker pack and YOTG pair

ToysRUs: Insecticon pack, Perceptor/Blaster, Trypticon, and Dinobots.

While this last news may be fun, it should be noted that this could be a reissue of the G1 deco AOE Dinobots that were released at Comiccon, similarly to how the FOC Bruticus issued at Comiccon was eventually released as a platinum set.

It was also mentioned that if Hasbro do a GEN Slingshot & Wildrider they would come out next year as Combiners are going to be at least two years. This is in line with the statement from Hasbro that only 16 Gen deluxes would be released in 2015.

Also, leader Starscream (redeco of Leader Thundercracker) would be part of wave 4.

The two Hasbro MP releases of this year would be MP Starscream (MP11) and MP Bluestreak, the later will be released in July.

Lastly, it was mentioned that Loyal Subjects wave 3 should be out in the next month (April).

The Australia Toy fair started March 3 and will end the 6th.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Rumours from Toyfair Austrailia 2015

Postby Alpha Dominus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:10 am

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
When I read the part up top about the Dinobots I literally blurted "Dinobots?!" out loud.
...And then I saw the part about the possibility of AOE Dinobots. #-o
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Rumours from Toyfair Australia 2015

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:16 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
So then Tracks really isn't MP-25, despite the news even on this site?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:18 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Rodimus Prime wrote:So then Tracks really isn't MP-25, despite the news even on this site?

This is new to us too - we'll see what further developments there are. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:20 am

Va'al wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:So then Tracks really isn't MP-25, despite the news even on this site?

I'm not questioning your news reporting. I do think the 25th MP should be a figure of a more important character than Tracks. Kup, maybe? He deserves some MP recognition, he was a major player of TF:TM and season 3.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Re: Rumours from Toyfair Austraiia 2015

Postby Desslok2201 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:32 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

I'm not questioning your news reporting. I do think the 25th MP should be a figure of a more important character than Tracks. Kup, maybe? He deserves some MP recognition, he was a major player of TF:TM and season 3.

That's what's been bothering me about the Tracks news. He just doesn't seem special enough for a milestone number
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Desslok2201 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

That's what's been bothering me about the Tracks news. He just doesn't seem special enough for a milestone number

I'm not questioning you questioning either! :D

This is just a bit ..odd. Also because of this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102970&p=1658664#p1658664

As I said, we'll see what comes out of it. Hmm.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Yweggo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:09 am

william-james88 wrote:
It was also mentioned that IF Hasbro do a GEN Slingshot & Wildrider
Primus apotheosis is my new favorite thing.
Yweggo
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Tracks is definitely MP-25:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby hinomars19 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:53 am

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Sabrblade wrote:Tracks is definitely MP-25:

Indeed.
Also, why would Tracks have been revealed before this mystery MP-25? Not sure what's happened here. :-? :???:
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Tracks is definitely MP-25:

That's disappointing. Oh well. Maybe whoever stirred this up mistook MP-26 for MP-25...?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby guarayakha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:08 pm

The only possible reason i could think of, if this Tracks-not-25 is true, is that the constant whining of some fans on how StarSaber is NOT G1 enough got them good and Tracks is made MP24 instead while SS gets a new special numbering.

But MORE MPS!! :DANCE:
guarayakha
Targetmaster

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:12 pm

guarayakha wrote:The only possible reason i could think of, if this Tracks-not-25 is true, is that the constant whining of some fans on how StarSaber is NOT G1 enough got them good and Tracks is made MP24 instead while SS gets a new special numbering.
I think that's unlikely. Starsaber is too far along in promotion to be significantly altered.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
guarayakha wrote:The only possible reason i could think of, if this Tracks-not-25 is true, is that the constant whining of some fans on how StarSaber is NOT G1 enough got them good and Tracks is made MP24 instead while SS gets a new special numbering.

That's what I was thinking, but the MP-24 number was given to Star Saber long before MP-23 Exhaust was announced I believe.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but the MP-24 number was given to Star Saber long before MP-23 Exhaust was announced I believe.

Oh man, that is super interesting. But you know, the whole MP numbering is off. Like why does Exhaust and Red alert get a new MP # when Tigertrack and Acid storm dont.

And I wont even bring up how the recent Grimlock was listed as MP-03 #-o
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:26 pm

william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Oh man, that is super interesting. But you know, the whole MP numbering is off. Like why does Exhaust and Red alert get a new MP # when Tigertrack and Acid storm dont.

And I wont even bring up how the recent Grimlock was listed as MP-03 #-o
Alert and Exhaust are mass retail remolded new characters like Streak and Smokescreen. Tigertrack and Acid Storm were exclusives, the latter of which being an imported Hasbro figure.

As for that Grimlock, Hasbro doesn't use the same numbering that Takara uses.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ScottyP » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Today I learned everyone still puts entirely too much stock into the numbers given to MPs. >:oP

What's most important here is the potential for reissue G1 Dinobots. Hopefully this is what "Platinum" means in this case. This is important because a blue chested G1 Swoop needs to be a thing that happens. Don't want to pay four figures for a Diaclone one.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:37 pm

ScottyP wrote:Today I learned everyone still puts entirely too much stock into the numbers given to MPs. >:oP

What's most important here is the potential for reissue G1 Dinobots. Hopefully this is what "Platinum" means in this case. This is important because a blue chested G1 Swoop needs to be a thing that happens. Don't want to pay four figures for a Diaclone one.

"Platinum" does not mean reissue. The Platinum Editions are special editions of certain toys, and currently integrated in Generations, which means they could be anything, like the G1-deco AoE Dinos from SDCC mentioned before.

I did a double-check, and the G1 Dinobot molds are still confirmed lost.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Alpha Dominus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
ScottyP wrote:Today I learned everyone still puts entirely too much stock into the numbers given to MPs. >:oP

Dude, that's what I'm saying! Who gives a **** about MP numbers? I want me some proper Dinos!
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Desslok2201 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Alpha Dominus wrote:

Dude, that's what I'm saying! Who gives a **** about MP numbers? I want me some proper Dinos!

With the Dinobot molds lost, I'd say invest in the new MP scale Fans Toys stuff or go to ebay and get some original g1 dinos. That movieverse stuff is crap, no matter how much chrome they throw at it.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby ScottyP » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:"Platinum" does not mean reissue. The Platinum Editions are special editions of certain toys, and currently integrated in Generations, which means they could be anything, like the G1-deco AoE Dinos from SDCC mentioned before.

I am aware of this, hence words such as "potential" and "hopefully" were chosen. I just think the possibilities of what could be done with those molds as reissues is way more fun to talk about than the entirely arbitrary and unimportant numbering system for Masterpiece toys.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I did a double-check, and the G1 Dinobot molds are still confirmed lost.

Right that's what the TF Wiki has said for a long time with absolutely no citation. Regardless, I'm sure if the KO makers of the world can reverse-engineer the Dinobots with pretty darn good success, an operation as large as Hasbro or Takara Tomy would have little trouble with it.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby hinomars19 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Alpha Dominus wrote:

The numbering in this case has some importance; If Tracks isn't 25 (which he must be due to his appearance in magazines but); that would mean another unknown MP would be on the way. This would obviously excite people. We like getting MP's :D (I still call boo hockey on this whole thing though)

However, I don't understand the importance of a number in instances like 'OMG Star Saber is MP 24 wtf TT no Megatron!! :BOOM: !!!! or the constant questions implying Exhaust isn't allowed to be part of the main number system. Not sure how that happens.

And by the by, Tracks not being important enough a character to be that special milestone 25 isn't really valid. 25 isn't a milestone in a series where 6 of the first nine characters were either duplicates: (convoy) or characters who have since been ret-coned via new molds or tooling (Convoy, Magnus, Starscream etc) MP-25 is technically the 15th in the line since it's re-focus.
Last edited by hinomars19 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Desslok2201 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:57 pm

No one's mentioned the two "sports cars" yet, but just for speculation's sake, the remaining 84-85 'sports cars' are: cliffjumper, jazz, sunstreaker, windcharger. That makes me smile.
Last edited by Desslok2201 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:59 pm

hinomars19 wrote:or the constant questions as to why Exhaust isn't allowed to be part of the main number system. Not sure how that happens.
But Exhaust is part of the main number system. He's MP-23.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:10 pm

ScottyP wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:"Platinum" does not mean reissue. The Platinum Editions are special editions of certain toys, and currently integrated in Generations, which means they could be anything, like the G1-deco AoE Dinos from SDCC mentioned before.

I am aware of this, hence words such as "potential" and "hopefully" were chosen. I just think the possibilities of what could be done with those molds as reissues is way more fun to talk about than the entirely arbitrary and unimportant numbering system for Masterpiece toys.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I did a double-check, and the G1 Dinobot molds are still confirmed lost.

Right that's what the TF Wiki has said for a long time with absolutely no citation. Regardless, I'm sure if the KO makers of the world can reverse-engineer the Dinobots with pretty darn good success, an operation as large as Hasbro or Takara Tomy would have little trouble with it.

I still wouldn't put too much faith in G1 Dinobot reissues, because all reissues in the Platinum series have been released at least once before, meaning the molds are readily available:

Predaking: 2004, 2010
Insecticons: Transformers Collection, Universe 2008
Seekers: 2000 Japan convention exclusives, planned for Commemorative Series with only Dirge released.
Astrotrain: Transformers Collection, Commemorative Series
Blitzwing: Transformers Collection

I'd like to be proven wrong though, but again, production costs as I described earlier may put a wrench in that.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200657 8B (A) Miyao (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5RI 230323"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210501 29A (CA) Malkova (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM457 2B (CA) Chan (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 Decepticons Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 1223IM857 (CA) Milana"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207C"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON