This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #112 "A New Beat"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #112 "A New Beat"

Postby ScottyP » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. This episode features your always exceptional host ScottyP, the very metal xRotorstormx, an appearance by the man of many voices Jon3.0, and the latest podcast regulars to join the crew: Spy vs. Spy. No wait, it was Counterpunch! No, that's not right either. You'll have to bother listening to find out who's taken home the top prize in our first ever casting call.

Episode #112 "New Beat" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

First up we have comic talk. More Than Meets the Eye #38 and The Transformers #38 were released the day of recording. Sit back as we dive in and discuss time travel, treachery, mass shifting and more. Skip to 31:25 in the audio if you wish to avoid spoilers, because the spoiler pants are all over the floor during this segment.

Buster returns to help save G1.

What's our take on Masterpiece Tracks? Is it the same as yours? Did Raoul win the casting call? Does he get a numbered release too?

"Looking good is what life is all about." - Some lousy Earth-Lover

We had Seibertron and ScottyP's awesome reporting from ToyFair, now find out what the rest of us thought about all the new reveals in New York City, including Devastator, the Protectobots, Ultra Magnus, and more. While you catch up on our thoughts, be sure to catch up on all of Seibertron.com's awesome photo galleries from Toy Fair 2015.

Rescue and SWAT? How does that work?

We also discuss the new Leader Megatrons, including the G1/IDW and Armada inspired color schemes and molds. Are they good representations of these characters, or is Armada Megatron gonna have to stab somebody? Full galleries of these toys are also available, check here for G1/IDW Megatron and here for Armada Megatron.

Wanna make somethin' of it?

We remind you to report your sightings! We have sightings threads here, plus there's also a fantastic sightings database on the front page of Seibertron.com, so be sure to check all that out and help out your fellow local collectors.

Now Jeffrey will know where they are too.

We answer a listener question from the Ask the Twincast thread. Is the new packaging a nemesis, or a friend? Tune in to find out how beer can help you out in a practical way. No, seriously.

Might be time to upgrade those wire snips.

We finish up the Twincast with some bragging rights. What did everyone get since the last recording?

Remember kids - you too can use the Masterforce to transform!

That's all for another episode, be sure to comment on this story to keep the conversation going.

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post.

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously. Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #112 "A New Beat"

Postby ScottyP » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:29 am

Technically a double post, but really, that news post was put together by one of our newest podcasters and the episode was edited and mixed by the other, so thanks again for your help getting things together!

As for everyone else, looking forward to chatting here with you after you listen in.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Lango7 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:15 pm

I was a PA at a local news station in Geeensboro NC when Earnhardt died. Scotty, your statement is spot on.
Lango7
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Best. Opening. Ever.

And well done to the two newcomers, too! Good to hear more voices and that at least one is into the current comics! :D

(And you should all be reading and enjoying and loving Transformers vs G.I. Joe. Obviously. [-( )

I think Soundwave in xRID can be a lot more than what they currently are, and there is going to be more explored around the character and the commune being set up than we've seen for now - just maybe not in Combiner Wars.

As for MTMTE: I'm not sure that the 'ornament' alt-mode is what the Functionists. Someone elsewhere suggested he may be a key of some sorts, and that it feeds into something to do with multiple/parallel universes. There are many many briefcases around MTMTE right now, and we still have that strange scene with Trailcutter during the Remain in Light arc (including Tyrest being dragged away into that non-space).

Pretty sure the Brainstorm issue (much like Chromia in Windblade) will also be addressed later in the series.

AND IT IS DEATHSAURUS DAMMIT. THE SOLICITS SAY SO. :P

As for the appeal and widespread recognition of the issues: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2015/01/the-be ... ts-the-eye

The numbers discussion was amusing. :D

(Toy fair news: I GOT INTO LEGO. Do I win? I think I win.)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
I'm gonna keep calling him Dezarus, no matter what is on the page! :grin:

I had forgotten about the guys that were pulled through the portal. It'll be interesting when that plays out. That last scene in MTMTE can be interpreted either way.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby megatronus » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:I'm gonna keep calling him Dezarus, no matter what is on the page! :grin

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :BOOM:

Power Rangers-style name, all the way! ;)
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Va'al wrote:

You only win if you got into bionicle [-( .
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:

I've seen the yet-to-be-announced new sets.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:

I've seen the yet-to-be-announced new sets.

I saw them illegally much earlier [-( [-( [-( .................. [-( [-(
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby dragons » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:39 pm

I dont listen to this stuff but beer can new package has me intrigued
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Flashwave » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Va'al wrote:
As for MTMTE: I'm not sure that the 'ornament' alt-mode is what the Functionists.

Explain, because I think you cut yourself off short. We already saw that Rung had a card that says "Ornament", and while the writers have in the past used creative false truths to avoid spoiling us, they haven't blatently lied or gone back on themselves. Personally, I believe you are right, and that Rung's Altmode is far more than an "ornament" and the Fnctionists of the new Universe, figured it out because they had time. But the primary Universe Functionists gave up and copped out, possibly because they already knew that they were out the door and had more pressing matters.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Convoy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Last things first.
I hate reality TV but I love COPS. It was the first. You don't need cable to enjoy the show. An antenna will cost you $8 (once). It was even on Netflix when I had that service not too far back. The show has really changed over the years. It began with visiting the officers' homes and ends up with, "move and you're tazed!" today. Tazing is supposed to be treated like shooting. These days the equivalent of a gun gets pulled out immediately instead of a last resort.

We Now Return To The Transformers.

I'd like an Overlord for a decent price too!
Tracks is looking better with paint but still need to see altmode painted.
Pertaining to the little human figures, is it too crazy to think that little 'Gumby-like' figures might be great? Looks like a figurine but is still posable.
The drawback, over time, would be stressing the wire and breaking it by posing too much or too rapidly. You're totally free to steal this idea, Takara Tomy. I won't make any money on it. In fact, I would pay you.

Are we getting hints at MP Reflector and Blaster? I hope so. Soundwave needs his nemesis. (and Soundblaster his.) MP Twincast! Oh the irony in this thread!)) and MP Reflector would really help the Decepticon ranks.

Speaking of Decepticons, I'm a little afraid that people besides me want to troop build Viper. I'm happy with one but a couple more would be nice.

Alpha BRAVO to the new guys!

I guess that's enough for now. When I listen again I might add more.

edit: Image
For those who haven't seen it.

double edit:
If scale is retconned in the comics with mass shifting why can't Groove be huge? Why is Powerglide small? A jet is not the size of a motorcycle!
...Faciesiousness.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby xRotorstormx » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:11 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:

No no...you only win if you got into Lego System Model Team :D hee hee
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Postby lonrac » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:40 am

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
Congrats to Rodimus Convoy and Megatronus

, hopefully we'll be listening to you long into the future

nice to be known as 'your friend'

lonrac
lonrac
Fuzor
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:45 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
lonrac wrote:Congrats to Rodimus Convoy and Megatronus

, hopefully we'll be listening to you long into the future

nice to be known as 'your friend'

lonrac

Thanks, man!

I didn't actually get into my rant about the old plastic coated twist ties. Those things sucked! The twisted paper are the ones I liked most. Easy to cut from the back so you don't scratch the figure. What to you think about the new ones?
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt

Postby lonrac » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:27 am

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
Yeah, preferred the paper ones to the plastic coated metal ones, these new ones are like the ones used to attach price tags to clothing.
lonrac
Fuzor
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 2

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:31 am

Oh, sorry for the nice loud "ding" when I got a text. Didn't turn my ringer off. At least my cat wasn't a guest on this one. He showed up for my audition episode.

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt

Postby ScottyP » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Convoy wrote:Pertaining to the little human figures, is it too crazy to think that little 'Gumby-like' figures might be great? Looks like a figurine but is still posable.
The drawback, over time, would be stressing the wire and breaking it by posing too much or too rapidly. You're totally free to steal this idea, Takara Tomy. I won't make any money on it. In fact, I would pay you.

This would be ok if they were durable. I'd had another thought on this one day when a buddy of mine pointed out to me while we were at Target how cheap and simple some of the smaller Marvel figures are. I'd be ok with some TF human characters that are similar to those, with limited articulation and so-so sculpts, just to have them fill out a display. Although, the Minerva and Ginrai figures I imported a while back are super duper nice too. Just a little big is all.

dragons wrote:I dont listen to this stuff but beer can new package has me intrigued

Sometimes I get too analytical and don't act practically enough. Beer fixes it (kind of), and it dulls physical senses too. This actually helps with opening the new packaging! Snap back of a tie that just got ripped off the backing onto your fingertips? With beer, it doesn't hurt at all.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby megatronus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:32 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
ScottyP wrote:
Convoy wrote:Pertaining to the little human figures, is it too crazy to think that little 'Gumby-like' figures might be great? Looks like a figurine but is still posable.

This would be ok if they were durable. I'd had another thought on this one day when a buddy of mine pointed out to me while we were at Target how cheap and simple some of the smaller Marvel figures are. I'd be ok with some TF human characters that are similar to those, with limited articulation and so-so sculpts, just to have them fill out a display. Although, the Minerva and Ginrai figures I imported a while back are super duper nice too. Just a little big is all.

Are you talking about the 3.75" Marvel Universe figures? Those are OK.

I'd be happy if they were simply human alliance-esque. Not ideal by any means, but still leagues better than what we've been getting in that department.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:45 am

megatronus wrote:Are you talking about the 3.75" Marvel Universe figures? Those are OK.

I'd be happy if they were simply human alliance-esque. Not ideal by any means, but still leagues better than what we've been getting in that department.

Maybe? Haha, outside of Marvel Legends I have no idea what the lines are called for Marvel. Referring to the simple, small, articulated like a M.A.S.K. figure line up. Would be ok with that for human characters. Those don't need to be fancy.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:43 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
ScottyP wrote:
megatronus wrote:Are you talking about the 3.75" Marvel Universe figures? Those are OK.

Maybe? Haha, outside of Marvel Legends I have no idea what the lines are called for Marvel. Referring to the simple, small, articulated like a M.A.S.K. figure line up. Would be ok with that for human characters. Those don't need to be fancy.

Dunny you mention that: There's a 9.99 two pack for Hulk and the Hulkbuster Ironman set for the Age of Ultron movie coming out that look like they'd scale fairly well wih Deluxes Like Spec Ops Jazz or Strongarm. The same pricepoint has the smaller humans with oversized accesories, and said smaller humans are bing packaged individually. So, if you need an Ironman...
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I looked up the Tracks PSA, it's not Raoul in the bit. I also remember an extended version where Tracks suggests asking permission to borrow somebody's car. I could be wrong.

I always understood Deathsaurus to be a dragon.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222T"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SINS OF WRECKERS #2 IDW Comics 2015 (W/A/CA) Roche 230227"
Transformers SINS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Beast Wars GATHERING #1 RI Cvr C 1:100 IDW Comics 2006 1RIC 210321A"
Transformers Beast ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of WINDBLADE #1 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221747 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 5RI (CA) Maher 230301B"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #6 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 DEC190653 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM343 4B (CA) Jonboy"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON