This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Line

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Line

Postby ScottyP » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Didn't have as much time as expected and cell camera is starting to spaz out, but here's some of the requested comparisons.

This one may only interest me, but just wanted to show that while the "small" Bee from this line shares engineering with the upscaled BH Cyberverse Deluxe, they are definitely not the same mold retooled or further upscaled:

Sabrblade wrote:How many points of articulation do each of them have? And what are their said points of articulation?

• Cyber Commander Prime - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, ankle tilts
  • Cyber Commander Bumblebee - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, elbow rotation, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Megatron - Head rotation, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, knees, ankle tilts
  • Grimlock - Head rotation (though very limited due to "collar" like piece around head), shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, knees
  • Optimus Prime - Shoulder rotation, elbow bend, elbow rotation, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Bumblebee - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Starscream - Head rotation, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Scale Comparison and Articulation Breakdown for Transformers Generations Cyber Series

Postby william-james88 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Scotty P has some fun stuff for us. The elusive Generations Cyber series, of simplified voyager and leader sized Transformers toys featuring G1 characters, has shipped from Robot Kingdom (and has dissapeared from BBTS listings, curiouser and curiouser) and Sctotty P got his hands on them. He has provided us some pictures to show the scale as well as a list of all the articulation found on the figures. Enjoy!

ScottyP wrote:Didn't have as much time as expected and cell camera is starting to spaz out, but here's some of the requested comparisons.

This one may only interest me, but just wanted to show that while the "small" Bee from this line shares engineering with the upscaled BH Cyberverse Deluxe, they are definitely not the same mold retooled or further upscaled:

Lit of Articulation:

• Cyber Commander Prime - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, ankle tilts
  • Cyber Commander Bumblebee - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, elbow rotation, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Megatron - Head rotation, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, knees, ankle tilts
  • Grimlock - Head rotation (though very limited due to "collar" like piece around head), shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation, knees
  • Optimus Prime - Shoulder rotation, elbow bend, elbow rotation, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Bumblebee - Ball jointed head, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation
  • Starscream - Head rotation, shoulder rotation, shoulder swivel, elbow bend, hip swivel, hip rotation
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby dragons » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:57 pm

size i did not know, but articulation i could what they have by looking pictures where joints are in robot mode and vehicale mode what articualtion was on these bots

thanks for sharing information well known
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby ScottyP » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Haha, I would've taken nicer pictures had I known you'd news it up ;) No worries though, and for anyone just hitting the thread - I've got all seven of these guys so if you want to see them comparer to any others let me know and I can deliver more sub-par cell phone camera shots!
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:16 pm

dragons wrote:size i did not know, but articulation i could what they have by looking pictures where joints are in robot mode and vehicale mode what articualtion was on these bots

Is this a "diss"? As always, I cant understand whatever you write.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ScottyP » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:20 pm

william-james88 wrote:
dragons wrote:size i did not know, but articulation i could what they have by looking pictures where joints are in robot mode and vehicale mode what articualtion was on these bots

Is this a "diss"? As always, I cant understand whatever you write.
Ain't no thing, I'm sure they just didn't realize Sabr had asked about it a couple days ago, which is why it was provided :)
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I actually really like that Starscream. How does he compare to Classics Megatron, size-wise?
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Dagon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The Bumblebee is absolutely horrid looking.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Shockwave7 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 pm

As throwback-ish as the Cyber Series looks to be, I thought I'd post this photo.

Going through some of my old boxes, I saw I had kept the original boxes/packaging for the G1 combaticons and Rumble/Frenzy. Just look at them prices... Those were 80s Deluxes and Voyager. Sure they're bigger now, but I don't know if it merits doubling the prices...
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Shockwave7 wrote:As throwback-ish as the Cyber Series looks to be, I thought I'd post this photo.

Going through some of my old boxes, I saw I had kept the original boxes/packaging for the G1 combaticons and Rumble/Frenzy. Just look at them prices... Those were 80s Deluxes and Voyager. Sure they're bigger now, but I don't know if it merits doubling the prices...

If you are talking prices have you considered inflation and comparison to the increase in other toy lines? I remeber the marvel legends line being 10$ when it started. It doubled in only 10-15 years time. That is a much faster acceleration than the TF price increase.

Actually, f&%k it: Here's an inflation calculator, the increase in toy prices is a myth:

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

TFs havent increased in significant value in 30 years and have gotten bigger. We have only gained in terms of what money can let us buy in terms of TFs.

What you are really asking is: would you be ok going back to paying these prices and having your salary reduced by half? That is the only logical way to approach your line of thinking.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Shockwave7 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Given I was in High School at the time? I've got more professional experience than that now :) Does this 'calculator' factor that into its equations?
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr

Postby Desslok2201 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:As throwback-ish as the Cyber Series looks to be, I thought I'd post this photo.

If you are talking prices have you considered inflation and comparison to the increase in other toy lines? I remeber the marvel legends line being 10$ when it started. It doubled in only 10-15 years time. That is a much faster acceleration than the TF price increase.

Actually, f&%k it: Here's an inflation calculator, the increase in toy prices is a myth:

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

TFs havent increased in significant value in 30 years and have gotten bigger. We have only gained in terms of what money can let us buy in terms of TFs.

What you are really asking is: would you be ok going back to paying these prices and having your salary reduced by half? That is the only logical way to approach your line of thinking.

Well, first of all, salaries are not back to where they were pre 2008, and I don't know about you, but when those cards were on the racks, I was 14, with a paper route and mowing lawns... And zero overhead. None. No kids..no mortgage..no car payments.. Jesus, I'm tearing up....
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby william-james88 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Desslok2201 wrote:Well, first of all, salaries are not back to where they were pre 2008, and I don't know about you, but when those cards were on the racks, I was 14, with a paper route and mowing lawns... And zero overhead. None. No kids..no mortgage..no car payments.. Jesus, I'm tearing up....

You have to be fair in your comparisons, guys. If you are comparing your pay when you were a kid buying TFs, you should compare it to someone who is that old today buying tfs. To make it easy, I assumed it as parents buying TFs for their kids then and parents buying it for their kids now. Do you make as much, less or more now than your parents made back then? That is the only fair way to compare when dealing with inflation.

How much was a trio at mcdonalds back in the 80s? How much is it now?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RAR » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:27 am

A lot of those hanger cards were under $5.00 that seems like the sort of amount a kid could realistically get their hands on in the 1980's via pocket money or gifts.

The current prices of Deluxes up to $16.99 seems like a price further away from an easily scroungable amount.

I do personally think it was a mistake for things like 1-Steps to be sold over $10.00 that is an important psychological price limit.

It might be argued the "Toy car" size of a legion being over $5.00 has also passed a psychological price limit too.

I like Cyberseries and I appreciate the size but the only one I get less of a sense of 'Owch' at the price is Optimus.

But I guess we need to wait and see as regards the eventual US Retail Prices (if they ever show up).

I do worry they are a bit like all that South American Max Steel & Action Man - something just for South America... heck they might even be cheaper if they were out in some more places in Asia too though.

The import pricing on them would encourage me to be selective - I do like them more than the RID 3 step changers though.

They are an amusing curiosity if nothing else.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Valandar » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:38 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
And I disagree... the old combiner limbs were equivalent of Scout sized, with the Autobot Cars being more of the Deluxe equivalent priced at least half again that price.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I really like these. THey will probably just go on a shelf, but they look cool. I only wish they had need joints and then they'd be perfect but oh well.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:32 am

william-james88 wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:Well, first of all, salaries are not back to where they were pre 2008, and I don't know about you, but when those cards were on the racks, I was 14, with a paper route and mowing lawns... And zero overhead. None. No kids..no mortgage..no car payments.. Jesus, I'm tearing up....

You have to be fair in your comparisons, guys. If you are comparing your pay when you were a kid buying TFs, you should compare it to someone who is that old today buying tfs. To make it easy, I assumed it as parents buying TFs for their kids then and parents buying it for their kids now. Do you make as much, less or more now than your parents made back then? That is the only fair way to compare when dealing with inflation.

How much was a trio at mcdonalds back in the 80s? How much is it now?

I agree that inflation-wise, items are actually pretty good. What is bad is how much we get paid. Its not really worse but we seem to get paid a little under what we should to adjust for inflation. At least where I live. And location matters. $20 is a lot different to someone making $100 a week than it is for someone making $200 a week. Standard of living doesn't affect toy MSRP.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster

Postby ScottyP » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:10 am

RAR wrote:I do personally think it was a mistake for things like 1-Steps to be sold over $10.00 that is an important psychological price limit.

It might be argued the "Toy car" size of a legion being over $5.00 has also passed a psychological price limit too.
I agree with this. Weird to me that the new Mini-cons are $5 at retail when the legions run $6 (Walmart) or $9 (everywhere else). That $9 price point is where the one-steps probably should fall.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:06 am

Are these sold out at BBTS? I can't even find the listing.
Optimizzy
Headmaster

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 am

Optimizzy wrote:Are these sold out at BBTS? I can't even find the listing.

The listing dissapeared a week or so ago, continuing the mystery.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Well there was the brief moment when people thought they could get them. oh well, mysteries abound.

Other than that: These continue to look good. I do like em. The smaller Bee and the actual Full truck and trailer mode Optimus look better. That megs is nice too! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:34 pm

Yeah I was waiting until after I paid my bills to get them and now...gone. :(
Optimizzy
Headmaster

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:32 pm

If I could get my hands on that Starscream in stores for a reasonable price, I'd snag him in a second. I really like his look.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade

I legit had a chuckle looking at how TRU priced theirs a dollar more than everyone else. Somethings never change
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Cyber Series Grimlock Video Review

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Thanks to Seibertronian Madeus Prime, we have a video review to share with you! Fellow Transformers fan and video reviewer Baltmatrix has obtained the Cyber Series Grimlock figure and posted a video review of the highly desired figure (it's currently sold out at BBTS, along with all the other Cyber Series figures!)

You can watch the review in the embed below and see whether or not you agree with Baltmatrix, and to do so, come on back to the forums so you can share your thoughts with us!

If you have a news submission or a sighting and want to see your name on our front page, send us an email using the news form and remember... Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 4C 0224IM257 (CA) Burnham + Reber"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518A 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A GI JOE 1123IM272 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220413 3B (CA) Murphy"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM321 8B (CA) Galan (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM281 303A (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10B (CA) Williams (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YO JOE #1 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210518 (CA) Maine"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON