This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount Transformers Universe General Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Paramount Transformers Universe Writers' Room Adds Steven DeKnight

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:21 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
A final final update on Akiva Goldsman's writers' room for the Paramount Transformers cinematic Universe comes once more from Deadline, reporting the addition of another writer to the pool: Steven DeKnight, creator of the Spartacus TV series, and showrunner for the recent Marvel Daredevil.

There are also misreadings being posted online claiming that we are about to see at least ten new Transformers films. According to the interview with Goldsman, which we reported here, and can be found in full on Deadline here, the trust will pitch more or less a script each, making it 12 potential stories that Paramount, Michael Bay and producers can (not will) develop into the continuation of the live-action franchise. But what about you? What would you like to see on the screen? Read through the articles, and let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and Hasbro started its writers room to hatch Transformers sequels, spinoffs and prequels, and they’ve added the final member of the brain trust. It’s Steven DeKnight, creator of the Starz series Spartacus, and the showrunner on the first season of Marvel’s Daredevil for Netflix.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:50 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Va'al wrote:
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:NEWS

At least 12 movies penned for the TFMU
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0189043094

Yeah, no. Sigh.

Let's get an actual source, shall we..?

It's roundabout, but that Facebook page directed to a TFW article which linked to a Forbes piece which was quoting from the Deadline interview.

So it's linkception, basically.

Va'al wrote:According to the interview with Goldsman, which we reported here, and can be found in full on Deadline [url]0http://deadline.com/2015/06/transformers-akiva-goldsman-writers-room-michael-bay-paramount-1201438017/here[/url], the trust will pitch more or less a script each, making it 12 potential stories that Paramount, Michael Bay and producers can (not will) develop into the continuation of the live-action franchise.

Also, Va'al, you bungled the code a bit here. Friendly heads-up. :)
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:09 am

Yep, fixed, thanks. :D

And yes, that Forbes piece (opinion based on the Deadline article) was a little misleading, as the entire TFverse in movie sites have picked it up as TEN NEW FILMS. I knew I'd seen those words by Goldsman before, I'm glad I triple checked before posting that SIXTEEN NEW FILMS will be coming out.

But hey, now the internet is abuzz, and I'll keep getting notifications of the TWENTYSEVEN NEW FILMS.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:02 am

Forbes is totally legit, guys! They only post quality news!

But really, thanks for not jumping on the ELEVENTY NEW MOVIES bandwagon, Va'al/Seibertron.

reminds me of when a certain other site reported "Beast Hunters" as a confirmed Beast Wars sequel
Last edited by Noideaforaname on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby joevill » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:16 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
I want to see a live action remake of the original movie.
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:42 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
joevill wrote:I want to see a live action remake of the original movie.

Why?

It would be boring to make the same thing but in live action and would probably be worse then the original (admit it the movie turned boring after Optimus died and they left Earth)

An HD remaster would be good just redo the animation into modern Animation and maybe add in some scenes that got in cut such as Mirage and Red Alert's death (Not like we ever saw them again after the movie)

Wouldn't have to change the story or the audio.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
mirageandjazz1197 wrote: redo the animation

Why?

That'd be several orders of magnitude less worthwhile than redoing it as cgi/live.

I'm not saying I want to see them do a total shot for shot remake or anything, but I would definitely be interested in seeing them adapt that story for the liveverse somehow.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby Convoy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 pm

How many writers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I could actually envision Hollywood remaking TF:TM.
Live action could be neat if everything wasn't Bayversified. They could almost even use all the original voices and SFX.
Pinch every penny.
I would only hope it was an adaptation of the comic of the movie.
Didn't Inception make money?
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:22 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
To be honest, I don't want Unicron to be in these movies since, with as unfair as these films have already been in the portrayal of the TFs in proportion to their more seemingly favoritism-based portrayals of the humans (as a means to appeal to the general masses over just the fans), I really don't feel that these films could do him any proper justice.

At best, they'd just make him be a giant, mindless monster, moreso than most of the Decepticons have all been, what with these films being human-focused above all else. So I say better to leave him out than to do him unjustly. Otherwise, we'd probably get something like Mark Wahlberg being the one who either defeats him or holds the key to defeating him. As if Unicron being beaten by germs wasn't already humiliating enough.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Prime Riblet » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Sabrblade wrote:To be honest, I don't want Unicron to be in these movies since, with as unfair as these films have already been in the portrayal of the TFs in proportion to their more seemingly favoritism-based portrayals of the humans (as a means to appeal to the general masses over just the fans), I really don't feel that these films could do him any proper justice.

At best, they'd just make him be a giant, mindless monster, moreso than most of the Decepticons have all been, what with these films being human-focused above all else. So I say better to leave him out than to do him unjustly. Otherwise, we'd probably get something like Mark Wahlberg being the one who either defeats him or holds the key to defeating him. As if Unicron being beaten by germs wasn't already humiliating enough.

I think you are right. As we get more films, the quality has continued downward, and I would prefer no more cool characters get the treatment Transformers received in the last 3 films, especially DotM and AoE. I have always been undecided whether I think the films are a good or bad thing overall, but my knee-jerk reaction to the idea of MORE characters I grew up with getting written into the current film universe makes me cringe. I have had enough. I really don't care what they decide to do from here on out. I won't support it by going to a cinema or buying toys based on the movieverse.

I also agree with what Burn and others said earlier. Expanding into spin-offs and more sequels will fail. Marvel spent a ton of time, money and thought making their system work, and it has paid off brilliantly. I don't think it is perfect, but their success is something that will NEVER be achieved by Paramount with the Transformers franchise.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
If Bay's anywhere involved....Unicron won't be in it! Although I'd love them to get the Combiners right! instead of that apelike Devastator! maybe have Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Grandus ect in it. AGAIN.....If Bay's anywhere involved....then obviously those characters won't appear...& expect more apelike gestalts
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Motto: "It is a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
Whether it would be a good or bad film, I'd love a Beast Wars adaption regardless of if the characters are slandered
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Buy from MartianSpyGirl1996 on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Stuartmaximus wrote:If Bay's anywhere involved....Unicron won't be in it! Although I'd love them to get the Combiners right! instead of that apelike Devastator! maybe have Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Grandus ect in it. AGAIN.....If Bay's anywhere involved....then obviously those characters won't appear...& expect more apelike gestalts

Wrong. Bay wanted Metroplex and Tidal Wave in ROTF. Spielberg is the one who told him not to, because the budget would be too high.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:31 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:If Bay's anywhere involved....Unicron won't be in it! Although I'd love them to get the Combiners right! instead of that apelike Devastator! maybe have Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Grandus ect in it. AGAIN.....If Bay's anywhere involved....then obviously those characters won't appear...& expect more apelike gestalts

Wrong. Bay wanted Metroplex and Tidal Wave in ROTF. Spielberg is the one who told him not to, because the budget would be too high.

In the videogame of the first Bay TF movie....Metroplex was the name of the shopping mall, dunno if that would've been the same with the film, there was some concept art of an aircraft carrier TF....I guess that would've been Tidal Wave.
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:11 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Stuartmaximus wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

In the videogame of the first Bay TF movie....Metroplex was the name of the shopping mall, dunno if that would've been the same with the film, there was some concept art of an aircraft carrier TF....I guess that would've been Tidal Wave.

He was probably going to be the military base NEST operated in for most of the movie.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby RAR » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 pm

I anticipate a Gi Joe Vs Transformers Movie before the end of the decade.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:09 pm

RAR wrote:I anticipate a Gi Joe Vs Transformers Movie before the end of the decade.

hopefully before even then! as the next TF movie is in 2017
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:18 am

I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Steven DeKnight on Paramount Transformers Universe Writers Room

Postby Va'al » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:45 am

Fellow Seibertron.com user SlyTF1 has alerted us to a new article discussing the goings-on at Paramount, and specifically in the writers room for the extended Transformers universe, as IGN caught up with Daredevil's Steven DeKnight on the current situation with Akiva Goldsman's project, and the surprise visit from Steven Spielberg! Read more below, and head here for the full piece.

Taking a page from how a TV show is run, Paramount assembled a big group of experienced writers to help chart out the future of the Transformers film series, under the guidance of Akiva Goldsman, as the studio looks to build more of an expanded Transformers movie universe. I asked DeKnight what the experience was like taking that TV dynamic and using it in film, and he had an enthusiastic reply.

“It's that wonderful thing where features are now taking a page from television and getting people together to really try and plan things out. It was a wonderful experience. Akiva Goldsman was fantastic and Jeff Pinkner, who's co-writing the fifth [Transformers] movie with him was phenomenal. Zak Penn... It was just a room full of brilliant, funny, amazing people. And we spent two and a half weeks in physically the best writers room I've ever seen in my life. Paramount pulled out all the stops. It was phenomenal! We laughed and joked and told stories and plotted out...”
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Windsweeper » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:31 am

Didn't Akiva Goldsman write Batman Forever and Batman & Robin?

How is his involvement a good thing? Bad enough Bay is still around
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Madeus Prime » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Windsweeper wrote:Didn't Akiva Goldsman write Batman Forever and Batman & Robin?

How is his involvement a good thing? Bad enough Bay is still around

Yeah, and Lost in Space. If he's writing TF5, maybe it'll kill the franchise like the two Batman movies did, only to be properly done 8 years later!! :D
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6

Postby YRQRM0 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Can't wait til the whole thing gets rebooted. It'll only be a matter of time. I'd like to see someone like Brad Bird helm the TF franchise (after what he did with Iron Giant).
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby fighterknight » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:23 am

MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Whether it would be a good or bad film, I'd love a Beast Wars adaption regardless of if the characters are slandered

I'd love for a big screen adaptation of Beast Wars. I don't see it happening though. All the movies thus far have been more human centric then focusing on the Transformers themselves.

I could see it getting rebooted sooner rather then later. I think they will finish out the story they started in AoE, but then reboot it due to the writers room and wanting to make a bigger universe.
fighterknight
Mini-Con
Watch fighterknight on YouTube
Buy from fighterknight on eBay

Postby Cmdr. Trailblazer » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Motto: ""Just because you are powerful, it doesn't mean you will win. The power of the mind can win out before the body.""
Weapon: Thermal Sword
Um...well, I have conflicting opinions on this. On the one hand, I really like where this is going. Expanding this universe is just plain awesome. It could turn into what Marvel is doing with its cinematic universe. I.E., very good. However, I'm iffy about it as well. I think this is going into the same path as other franchises, franchises that started really good. Michael Bay, and whoever else that is doing this is gonna milk the heck out of this, to the extent that the movies will go stale, with good movies going bad, like the X-Men franchise. Also, what about the comics? Will they be tossed out the window?
Cmdr. Trailblazer
Fuzor
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
fighterknight wrote:
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Whether it would be a good or bad film, I'd love a Beast Wars adaption regardless of if the characters are slandered

I'd love for a big screen adaptation of Beast Wars. I don't see it happening though. All the movies thus far have been more human centric then focusing on the Transformers themselves.

I could see it getting rebooted sooner rather then later. I think they will finish out the story they started in AoE, but then reboot it due to the writers room and wanting to make a bigger universe.

Me too, and I think AOE Scorn would be a perfect figure to remold into Beast Wars Megs! I actually haven't gotten Scorn because I don't really care for the AOE Dinobots, but if they remade it into Megatron then HOLY CRAP I would definitely keep my eye on it! :D
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #27 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926G"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON