This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount Transformers Universe General Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:07 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Cmdr. Trailblazer wrote: Also, what about the comics? Will they be tossed out the window?

Maybe they'll go all Star Wars on this! & only stories after a certain point will become Canon! & all others before....are obviously not part of the TCU(Transformers Cinematic Universe)YES! I know the original TF Movie was the exception! as it had comic tie-ins, but for the new & upcoming expanded cinematic universe!......that'll be a whole new ballgame.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The movies have never given any regard to the comics before, I doubt they'll start now. Didn't Sabrblade say that Age of Extinction nullified a lot of the stuff the comics did that tried to explain the plot holes in the movies?
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That Bot wrote:The movies have never given any regard to the comics before, I doubt they'll start now. Didn't Sabrblade say that Age of Extinction nullified a lot of the stuff the comics did that tried to explain the plot holes in the movies?
I wouldn't say "nullified" so much as "ignored" or "potentially contradicted" things the comics did. All it would take would be a competent writer like John Barber to patch things up again with some more Movieverse comics, since there's still some room in the greater Movieverse timeline for such patch jobs to be done. The only problem with that solution is that IDW currently doesn't have any plans for further Movieverse comics to be done at this time.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby JazZeke » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:The only problem with that solution is that IDW currently doesn't have any plans for further Movieverse comics to be done at this time.

Is that really so unfortunate? Is the movieverse really worth salvaging with comics?
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:02 pm

JazZeke wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The only problem with that solution is that IDW currently doesn't have any plans for further Movieverse comics to be done at this time.

Is that really so unfortunate? Is the movieverse really worth salvaging with comics?
Well, the Movieverse comics are probably the best Movieverse fiction there is, with several (but not all) of them being pretty cool in their own right.

And that a lot of them were able to fix many of the continuity and overall storytelling problems of the films was a delicious icing on the cake.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby JazZeke » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
JazZeke wrote:

Well, the Movieverse comics are probably the best Movieverse fiction there is, with several (but not all) of them being pretty cool in their own right.

And that a lot of them were able to fix many of the continuity and overall storytelling problems of the films was a delicious icing on the cake.

I enjoyed many of them myself, but when the comics are so busy just trying to patch continuity, story often takes a back seat.
JazZeke
Headmaster
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Still would be pretty cool to have a live-action beast wars movie... :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:58 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Still would be pretty cool to have a live-action beast wars movie... :BOT:
Yeah, cuz CGI Maximals and Predacons in a live background is that much different that CGI Maximals and Predacons in a CGI background. >:oP

Don't get me wrong, I love Beast Wars, but it's because I care so much for it that I'd much rather Hollywood leave well enough alone, lest we end up with a film featuring a freakishly hideous Optimus Primal that eat bugs picked from off of his back and throws his own poop at the audience in 3D. :SICK:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Still would be pretty cool to have a live-action beast wars movie... :BOT:
Yeah, cuz CGI Maximals and Predacons in a live background is that much different that CGI Maximals and Predacons in a CGI background. >:oP

Don't get me wrong, I love Beast Wars, but it's because I care so much for it that I'd much rather Hollywood leave well enough alone, lest we end up with a film featuring a freakishly hideous Optimus Primal that eat bugs picked from off of his back and throws his own poop at the audience in 3D. :SICK:

Well, believable realistic looking looks, not necessarily live action. And personally if they got the right people they could make it a hit. I for one would like to see our beast wars guys get a good modern spotlight :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:53 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I for one would like to see our beast wars guys get a good modern spotlight :BOT:
Beast Wars: Uprising is a good modern spotlight if you ask me.

And IDW's probably got something going down with that colony world Eukaris. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Zeedust » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:29 am

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah, do we really want a Beast Wars movie where Cheetor can't talk? ...Wait, that's probably a bad example.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:14 am

Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I for one would like to see our beast wars guys get a good modern spotlight :BOT:

Having just read the preview, I am excited for Eukaris! :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Indess » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:03 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

What was your first experience with Eukaris when you came to know about it first time?
Indess
Mini-Con

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:23 am

Indess wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

What was your first experience with Eukaris when you came to know about it first time?

Eukaris was an interesting colony world and a cool take on the classic beast wars. I like that all the guys are split into tribes based on beast mode, almost like functionalism for beasts. I also liked that Tigatron and Airazor were outcasts to be with one another. I look forward to what they will do with the beasts and what kinds of characters will spring up there :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:44 am

Any chance that we could see The Avengers popping up in any of the Transformers Cinematic Universe related material?(it doesn't just have to be the movies....it could be comic book tie-ins or even any future videogame tie-in)

I'm sure i've mentioned this in a post before.....I'm certain that Transformers turned up in some of the comics(this is going back years ago) that were done by Marvel. & YES I know Hasbro owns the rights to Transformers! before anyone bleats on about that! & YES I know there could be a possible Transformers/GI Joe movie.
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Burn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:29 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Stuartmaximus wrote:Any chance that we could see The Avengers popping up in any of the Transformers Cinematic Universe related material?(it doesn't just have to be the movies....it could be comic book tie-ins or even any future videogame tie-in)

Oh hell no. Not after the train wreck that was the Avengers/Transformers comic mini-series.

Besides, neither franchises need a cross-over like that. Marvel have plans for their characters for many years to come yet.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby King Kuuga » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:13 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:Any chance that we could see The Avengers popping up in any of the Transformers Cinematic Universe related material?(it doesn't just have to be the movies....it could be comic book tie-ins or even any future videogame tie-in)

I'm sure i've mentioned this in a post before.....I'm certain that Transformers turned up in some of the comics(this is going back years ago) that were done by Marvel. & YES I know Hasbro owns the rights to Transformers! before anyone bleats on about that! & YES I know there could be a possible Transformers/GI Joe movie.

That was back when Marvel Comics had the publishing rights. Now they belong to IDW. Plus, Paramount owns the Transformers films, and Disney owns the Marvel films. Too many deals to be made, money to be split, and if their turn on Power Rangers showed anything, it's that Disney doesn't like to share profits. And as Burn said, the MCU is planned out through 2019, and that's just the projects we know about. It ain't happening.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby JazZeke » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:41 pm

That Bot wrote:

That was back when Marvel Comics had the publishing rights. Now they belong to IDW. Plus, Paramount owns the Transformers films, and Disney owns the Marvel films. Too many deals to be made, money to be split, and if their turn on Power Rangers showed anything, it's that Disney doesn't like to share profits. And as Burn said, the MCU is planned out through 2019, and that's just the projects we know about. It ain't happening.

Nope, it was more recent than that, and it was terrible.
JazZeke
Headmaster

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:25 pm

I stand corrected. Still no chance of a Marvel/Transformers film happening, though.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 pm

That Bot wrote:I stand corrected. Still no chance of a Marvel/Transformers film happening, though.

World breathes sigh of relief :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Ok! cross Transformers with X-Men then!
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:Ok! cross Transformers with X-Men then!
Been there, done that... sort of. :-P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

Christ! what are you doing up at this time of the morning? could you not sleep either?
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Christ! what are you doing up at this time of the morning? could you not sleep either?
Erm, it's 11:38pm at night, here.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Erm, it's 11:38pm at night, here.

Ah right, sorry, it's this website, it shows your last post there at 3:38am.
Stuartmaximus
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 1B (CA) Liefeld 231208D"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM327 7B (CA) Bellegarde (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #284 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210635 284RI Hollins"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #1 2nd ptg IDW Comics 2020 JUN208405 (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #304 Cvr B Image Comics 1223IM281 304B (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON