This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount Transformers Universe General Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby Autobot N » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:42 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Oh how easily this fandom forgets that we already got a fully CGI animated, humanless, Cybertron-set movie before.

Predacons Rising? Because I think it would be hard to top that.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:18 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Sabrblade wrote:Oh how easily this fandom forgets that we already got a fully CGI animated, humanless, Cybertron-set movie before.
OK, Mr. Condescendence, I'll bite. Which movie are you talking about?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:23 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:
OK, Mr. Condescendence, I'll bite. Which movie are you talking about?
See the post right above yours. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:39 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
ok, I'm a little confused now. This "Animated Prequel" that is supposed to be set in the movie universe. Is this something different than the Combiner Wars that Machimina is producing? I sincerely hope so.

There have only been three Animated films in the entire 30 year history of the Transformers. All of them have one thing in common- minimal-to-zero human involvement, and all of them are amazing! So a Movie verse prequel could still be decent. I just hope its different from CW which was supposed to be set in G1 (well I'm assuming IDW's G1 anyway).
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:41 am

o.supreme wrote:ok, I'm a little confused now. This "Animated Prequel" that is supposed to be set in the movie universe. Is this something different than the Combiner Wars that Machimina is producing? I sincerely hope so.
Paramount and Machinima have nothing to do with each other, TF-wise.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:48 am

Machinima has nothing to do with Warner Bros. either, but Machinima still produced TV and animation for Warner. I see your point, but just wanted to be clear as this is the first I have heard of this additional animated project beyond CW that was announced at SDCC.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:01 am

o.supreme wrote:Machinima has nothing to do with Warner Bros. either, but Machinima still produced TV and animation for Warner. I see your point, but just wanted to be clear as this is the first I have heard of this additional animated project beyond CW that was announced at SDCC.
Machinima's CW thing is Neo G1-based. This is Movieverse.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:03 am

That's what I thought (see my earlier post), just wanted to make sure, sometimes execs get weird ideas, ya know ;)

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword

That isn't even a real movie. It's a TV special, at best.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 am

SlyTF1 wrote:

That isn't even a real movie. It's a TV special, at best.
A TV movie is still some kind of movie.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:15 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:

That was a feature length television episode! or tv movie! NOT a proper movie that you'd watch at the cinema.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:22 am

The article does not specifically state that Paramounts animated prequel will be in the theaters either. Typically, unfortunately, animated films do not do well in theaters. Batman mask of the Phantasm & Star Wars the Clone wars come to mind. Both really good animated films based on popular franchises, but grossly underperformed in theaters. Paramount would be wise to make this a direct to home media animated film.

Its just something odd about the United States Culture. In Japan, almost EVERYTHING gets a theatrical release. Those dumb little Tinkerbell movies- yup, all released in the theater in Japan.

Also it could be argued that Predacons Rising could very easily have had a Theatrical release, but Hasbro, for whatever reason, chose not to. They could have very easily done a limited release like they did with MLP, and I'm sure it would have done ok. Sometimes there are movies that are made with every intent to be released in the theater, then at the last minute, it doesn't happen, doesn't mean they are any less of a film.

additionally Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy's Close Call! was only 47 minuets long, but it was released in Japanese theaters. It is shorter in length than Predacons Rising, but it had a theatrical release, so is it a film or not? I definitely count it as one.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:43 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:

That was a feature length television episode! or tv movie! NOT a proper movie that you'd watch at the cinema.
Both Equestria Girls movies and the Star Wars: Clone Wars movie were made with TV production levels in mind just like Predacons Rising, and yet all of those got theatrical releases. Ergo, being screened at the cinema does not solely define what is and isn't a movie.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:04 am

I don't remember much about Predacons Rising. What connections does it have with Bayverse?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby JazZeke » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:06 am

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Rodimus Prime wrote:I don't remember much about Predacons Rising. What connections does it have with Bayverse?

None. It was a TV movie to wrap up some of the loose threads leftover from Prime.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:I don't remember much about Predacons Rising. What connections does it have with Bayverse?
Not every TF movie is Bayverse.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:36 am

There are currently three Animated Transformers films in Existence:

1. Transformers: The Movie (1986) (set between seasons 2 & 3 of the original series)

2. Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy's Close Call! (1998) (set between episodes 37 & 38 of the TV Series Beast Wars II: Super Life-Form Transformers)

3. Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising (2013) (set after the conclusion of the TV Series Transformers: Prime)

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I'm kinda wondering though, would we see the transformers as they were when first seen in the movie, or will this have it's own style kinda like RID 2015? :-?
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Well then why are we even discussing Predacons Rising? Why did you even make that condescending comment about the fandom forgetting already having a fully-CG non-human animated movie? That's why I was asking what movie you were talking about. If Predacons Rising has nothing to do with Bayverse, then why wouldn't we want a fully animated non-human TF movie taking place on Cybertron that is a prequel to the Bayverse films, like it was stated in the report?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Burn » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Predacons Rising is more a "tele-movie" than an actual movie.

While it fits all definitions of a "movie", it could easily have been separated into smaller episodes. By that very definition you could re-edit (and it may have been done) Five Faces of Darkness or More than Meets The Eye into "movies".
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:32 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Well that was unexpected. Well, one thing I do know is that this movie will most likely have Windblade in it. (Because Hasbro. >:oP )
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:10 pm

o.supreme wrote:Lio Convoy's Close Call!
Ugh, that horrible English mistranslation of a name needs to die. >:oP

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Well then why are we even discussing Predacons Rising? Why did you even make that condescending comment about the fandom forgetting already having a fully-CG non-human animated movie? That's why I was asking what movie you were talking about. If Predacons Rising has nothing to do with Bayverse, then why wouldn't we want a fully animated non-human TF movie taking place on Cybertron that is a prequel to the Bayverse films, like it was stated in the report?
People were acting like we have never ever before gotten any kind of Transformers movie that was fully animated in CGI, fully set on Cybertron, and fully devoid of humans, declaring it to be some kind of "dream come true", when such has indeed happened before regardless of it being non-Bayverse or otherwise. Transformers is Transformers is Transformers, no matter what universe it is.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Lio Convoy's Close Call!
Ugh, that horrible English mistranslation of a name needs to die. >:oP

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
People were acting like we have never ever before gotten any kind of Transformers movie that was fully animated in CGI, fully set on Cybertron, and fully devoid of humans, declaring it to be some kind of "dream come true", when such has indeed happened before regardless of it being non-Bayverse or otherwise. Transformers is Transformers is Transformers, no matter what universe it is.

Personally I loved Predacons Rising WAY more than the Bayverse movies. >:oP
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Aaaaaand it's possible that this supposed news might not be true at all after all - https://twitter.com/hstweetheart/status/644700406807789568

Surprise surprise but the "news" that broke about Transformers today was once again speculation.

She's one of the screenwriters involved in this "Transformers Cinematic Universe" writers group.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON