This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount Transformers Universe General Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:52 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
o.supreme wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:No matter what anyone in the fandom says in the movies and tv shows humans will always be necessary. It only works in the comics due to the fact they are not as big as movies or tv shows.

I have to respectfully disagree. The 1986 animated film is absolutely amazing,
No. No, it really isn't.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby o.supreme » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:03 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Sabrblade wrote:No. No, it really isn't.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
No. No, it really isn't.
That's a matter of opinion, isn't it? Personally, if I had to choose between TF:TM and any of Bay's movies to watch, I'd pick the animated movie. DoTM might make me hesitate for a second (the best of Bay's work), but I'd go with TF:TM over live action. And no, it's not nostalgia talking. Just simply an enjoyment of good entertainment.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
No. No, it really isn't.
That's a matter of opinion, isn't it? Personally, if I had to choose between TF:TM and any of Bay's movies to watch, I'd pick the animated movie. DoTM might make me hesitate for a second (the best of Bay's work), but I'd go with TF:TM over live action. And no, it's not nostalgia talking. Just simply an enjoyment of good entertainment.
That's a comparison of the 1986 movie vs. the live action movies, which is a different subject from the 1986 movie being "absolutely amazing" or not.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
o.supreme wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:No matter what anyone in the fandom says in the movies and tv shows humans will always be necessary. It only works in the comics due to the fact they are not as big as movies or tv shows.

I have to respectfully disagree. The 1986 animated film is absolutely amazing, and human involvement was minimal, and could have easily been removed. I think it is budget restraints that require human involvement. To render 120 minuets of purely alien worlds and dozens of cinema level CG characters would push the budget to an insanely high amount. Remember we are not talking Pixar. We are talking ILM & other animation houses. Creating CG good enough to interact with the "real world" (I realize sometimes they fall short), still is way more complicated than creating an animated film within its own self contained animated world. I just hope that someday technology progresses to the point that you could have an entirely self-contained cinema level Transformers movie with all CG characters. True it would not work for most films, because well... most films require humans (Star Wars, Star Trek, MCU etc...) but Transformers does not.

Um, what do you think this Cybertron prequel is going to be?
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby o.supreme » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:41 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:Um, what do you think this Cybertron prequel is going to be?

I *think* it is going to be something fully animated on the level of PIXAR, in terms of animation quality, not in terms maturity. Like I said, there's a difference between what ILM and others do to create CG characters realistic enough to blend in real world environments, and "cartoon" CG animated films. To my knowledge, there has never been a fully animated film with CG imagery intended to blend in with real world environments, without having said real world interaction.

It has the potential to be the best TF film ever, but seeing as how it takes pace in the established Live-Action universe, I am skeptical. What I was originally responding to was what I believe is a false assertion that a TF movie simply cannot be made, or made well, *without* any human characters.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:06 pm

o.supreme wrote:To my knowledge, there has never been a fully animated film with CG imagery intended to blend in with real world environments, without having said real world interaction.
Dinosaur - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_(film)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:14 pm

cartoon lemur

real lemur

judges- nope not "real world" - Next.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Your pics are broken.

Every character in that movie was CGI while the environments were filmed on location. That's what my point was.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:21 pm

and that is not what I am describing. If the environments were "on location", then they were real, NOT "real life quality" CG. It will be kind of hard to go on location to an alien world.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:25 pm

o.supreme wrote:and that is not what I am describing. If the environments were "on location", then they were real, NOT "real life quality" CG. It will be kind of hard to go on location to an alien world.
Oh, you meant a fully CGI movie with CGI so good that it looks real and not CGI? I see.

Well, I know another film that was close to that, but not quite there only because it ended up having two scenes in live action while the rest was realistic CGI: The LEGO Movie.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

New Writers for Transformers 5 Script, Akiva Goldmans Moves to Other Hasbro/Paramount Projects

Postby Va'al » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:56 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via entertainment media website Deadline, we have some news regarding the Paramount project for Transformers 5 and the expanded universe led by Akiva Goldsman - who appears to have been moved from the direct writing of the script for the next movie, and will be heading a similar project for the G.I. Joe and Micronauts franchises instead. Read more on this below, and head here for the full story!

After their Akiva Goldsman-led Writers Room experiment led to at least three movie ideas to extend Transformers, Hasbro and Paramount have set Goldsman to supervise a Writers Room for their G.I. Joe movie series. And they will go the same route with Goldsman to draft ideas for the Hasbro property Micronauts, with Goldsman supervising that as well.

This change of duties means Goldsman will supervise but won’t write the next Transformers installment. Paramount now is negotiating with Writers Room participants Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man) and Black Hawk Down scribe Ken Nolan to write the script together. That course change was cemented by Paramount, Hasbro, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Don Murphy.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:04 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Oh just hurry up. I want some new movie figures!

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:35 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
lol. all of this talk about a super awesome writing team and making ten sequels or whatever then people drop out.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:32 am

One less Batman & Robin writer to worry about sounds fine to me. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:45 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
griftimus prime wrote:lol. all of this talk about a super awesome writing team and making ten sequels or whatever then people drop out.

Your saying this like anyone dropped out.

If you actually stop being snarky and read the post Goldsman is just trading places with some better writers while he helps with Gi Joe.

Seriously it's good someone better then him is writing 5.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
I am nervous about this. Stop teasing us!
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Press Release - Paramount 'Transformers' Films 5, 6 (Bumblebee), and 7 Get Theatrical Release Dates

Postby Va'al » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As announced in the investors meeting and webcast, Paramount and Hasbro are already reaping the fruits of the writers' room production, and have not one but three new movie releases lined up for the coming years! Hasbro reached out directly with the full information, which you can find below. What do you make of the continuation of the series, and the Bumblebee spin-off?

We are reaching out today to share some exciting Transformers movie news from Hasbro’s Allspark Pictures and Paramount. At Hasbro’s Analyst Presentation this morning during Toy Fair, Hasbro Chairman, President and CEO Brian Goldner announced new details about the next three films in the multi-billion dollar global franchise.

In partnership with Paramount, the writers’ room assembled by Hasbro’s Allspark pictures has created several exciting new Transformers stories and is beginning development on the next three theatrical films.

· In 2017, Michael Bay will direct the next chapter of the Transformers films, with Mark Wahlberg returning to star. That film is slated for release on June 23.

· On June 8, 2018, a new film is being developed which will tell the never before heard story of Bumblebee, one of the most beloved characters from Hasbro’s Transformers universe.

· A third new film will continue the story of Hasbro’s iconic franchise which is scheduled for release on June 28, 2019.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
A Bumblebee movie.

A BUMBLEBEE movie.

A movie. About Bumblebee.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or scream. Or both.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i wonder what kind of toys will be in the bb movie line.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Deathsaurus1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:18 pm

Character development please lol
Deathsaurus1
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
aye! like Star Wars.....there's to be one a year(ok there's the possibility that Star Wars may do two films a year)

+ there's to be a Bee movie(as in Bumblebee)
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Like we've not had enough Bumblebee already, "let's just make a whole movie about him!" :lol:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby partholon » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:57 pm

oh christ !

is there seriously demand for a bumblebee movie ?

i mean Fking bumblebee !

if your gonna concentrate on on origin story of one of the main characters surely to GOD its prime !

i'll be hnonest i was having a hard enough time going to the regular films now as they continually disapoint on everything past the effects front.

theres got to be some sort of mad karma going on that the films seem to be getting worse inversely porportional to the rise in quality of the comics.

:D :D :D

i wont condemn it completely and will wait to see what theyre selling us in the trailers but TBH im first reponse upon hearing this was "God no ".
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Microraptor » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Is it wrong that i'm ecstatic over a Bumblebee film?
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Cyber Slammers RATCHET Transformers Movie 2007 complete Hasbro 170510A"
Cyber Slammers RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 220802A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 230427A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SQWEEKS Transformers Last Knight Deluxe 100% complete TLK Movie Hasbro 221107A"
SQWEEKS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON