This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount Transformers Universe General Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Microraptor wrote:Is it wrong that i'm ecstatic over a Bumblebee film?

I am neutral about it. I hope we see how he loses his voice.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Re: Paramount looks to expand Transformers film franchise with spin-offs and more sequels

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
More awesome CGI robot fight scenes, transformations and lots of toys for me. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Carnivius_Prime wrote:More awesome CGI robot fight scenes, transformations and lots of toys for me. :)

Hopefully not all the toys are Bumblebee. :lol:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5

Postby Mykltron » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:58 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
SillySpringer wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:More awesome CGI robot fight scenes, transformations and lots of toys for me. :)

Hopefully not all the toys are Bumblebee. :lol:

The movie is going to bee like this, but all Bumblebees:

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:57 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Watch you guys finally get a movie set entirely on Cybertron with no humans, but it's the Bumblebee movie. :P

Though, would it just be retelling the events of the Movie Prequel, or would they write a new "How Bee lost his voice" backstory? :-?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
aye but Bay would never do a no human's movie! he hasn't the last 4 times so why would he now?

& it doesn't matter who writes the story! coz if Bay's in charge, he'll just want things done HIS way.

& YES! there's nothing to suggest at this time that Bay'll be in charge of those OTHER movies! but as long as they keep on throwing money at it, he'll keep on coming back to the directors chair.
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby partholon » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:57 pm

i'd love a cybertron only film as much as the next guy.

but the problem with the movies set on earth isnt that humans are in it. its that humans are the focus of the films on earth, when they really should be just the foil to get to the transformery goodness.

if hasbro did a film using IDWs "infiltration" and "escalation" trades as inspiration it'd kick arse.

"infiltration" went ALONG way to establishing megatron as a bad ass in the IDW universe, used intrigue, drama, had some great quips/banter , and gave the impression of a larger TF universe out there without the need to actually SEE it, and did it all with relatively few "set" peices and a human cast that complimented the TF action.

it'd probably cost half of what age of extiction did to do it.

i mean jesus who DOESNT want to see that made just to see that "take your punishment like a decepticon" line !

:D
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:47 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Microraptor wrote:Is it wrong that i'm ecstatic over a Bumblebee film?

Nope, I'm intrigued, interested, and sort of excited. A different kind of backstory, and I'm interested to see where things go :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby TurboMMaster » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
Sabrblade wrote:Though, would it just be retelling the events of the Movie Prequel, or would they write a new "How Bee lost his voice" backstory? :-?
You think that Bayverse's Timeline isn't ridiculous enough already?
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:17 pm

TurboMMaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, would it just be retelling the events of the Movie Prequel, or would they write a new "How Bee lost his voice" backstory? :-?
You think that Bayverse's Timeline isn't ridiculous enough already?
Well, the ideal option would be for them to adapt the Movie Prequel into film form, but as it's not something they're obligated to do, they could always make a new backstory that ignores the Movieverse comics (as unpleasant as that'd probably be since the comics were the primary medium that attempted to patch up all the continuity holes between the films themselves).

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:29 pm

FB_IMG_1455938796173.jpg
FB_IMG_1455938796173.jpg (22.7 KiB) Viewed 22713 times
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Robert Kirkman on Involvement in Transformers Writers Room

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:44 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In a little bit of news, which probably only counts as trivia at this stage, Collider had a quick chat at SXSW with Robert Kirkman, co-creator of The Walking Dead comics series among other things, about his involvement with the Goldsman-led Transformers writers room - which he only attended for a day, as personal matters took priority. See more below, including the embedded video!

As you can see in the video, Kirkman says that he loves Transformers, and became a part of the writing team after a casual lunch wth di Bonaventura, who optioned his comic Invincible (the comic adaption list that Perri mentions in the video is Dave Trumbore’s 10 Comic Books That Need an R-Rated Adaptation). Still, though he’s no longer a part of the project (which is a bummer because it seems insane and his involvement made it seem somehow less so), he says,

“I have heard from the people that are in that room there are a lot of amazing Transformers things coming, and I’m very happy as a fan to see what comes from that.”

video
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Robert Kirkman on Involvement in Transformers Writers Room

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:45 am

In a little bit of news, which probably only counts as trivia at this stage, Collider had a quick chat at SXSW with Robert Kirkman, co-creator of The Walking Dead comics series among other things, about his involvement with the Goldsman-led Transformers writers room - which he only attended for a day, as personal matters took priority. See more below, including the embedded video!

As you can see in the video, Kirkman says that he loves Transformers, and became a part of the writing team after a casual lunch wth di Bonaventura, who optioned his comic Invincible (the comic adaption list that Perri mentions in the video is Dave Trumbore’s 10 Comic Books That Need an R-Rated Adaptation). Still, though he’s no longer a part of the project (which is a bummer because it seems insane and his involvement made it seem somehow less so), he says,

“I have heard from the people that are in that room there are a lot of amazing Transformers things coming, and I’m very happy as a fan to see what comes from that.”

video
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Windsweeper » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:22 am

I will never be happy with the inclusion of Akiva Goldsman.

He is to writers what Michael Bay is to directors.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:22 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Windsweeper wrote:He is to writers what Michael Bay is to directors.

Someone who makes movies that generate millions of dollars and are hugely successful around the world and puts people like Uwe Boll to shame?
Though really, Uwe Boll puts Uwe Boll to shame.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Deadput » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:51 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Windsweeper wrote:I will never be happy with the inclusion of Akiva Goldsman.

He is to writers what Michael Bay is to directors.

He wrote one bad super hero movie so what who cares?

Micheal Bay has made some decent films and some bad ones and if I recall Akiva has some movie awards.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby tffan01 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 am

Sabrblade wrote:Watch you guys finally get a movie set entirely on Cybertron with no humans, but it's the Bumblebee movie. :P

Though, would it just be retelling the events of the Movie Prequel, or would they write a new "How Bee lost his voice" backstory? :-?

Sad that a Cybertron prequel movie would probably mean writing the events of the prequel comics from out of existence.

Tough they would probably use some elements from the comics like Megatron being the one who took Bumblebee's voice.
tffan01
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:48 am

tffan01 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Watch you guys finally get a movie set entirely on Cybertron with no humans, but it's the Bumblebee movie. :P

Sad that a Cybertron prequel movie would probably mean writing the events of the prequel comics from out of existence.

Tough they would probably use some elements from the comics like Megatron being the one who took Bumblebee's voice.
Well, yeah, since that's probably integral to Bee's backstory.

Also, hi tffan01! ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Nico » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:01 am

Am I the only one thinking that a Transformers 'cinematic universe' seems like it might be hard to pull off with the continuity of the pre-existing movies? Especially given they've killed of all major and most famous Decepticons which could act as leaders: Starscream, Shockwave and Soundwave and even Megatron (mind you, he's back to life for a second time). I mean, who is left at this point? They've already used The Fallen and I can't imagine Unicron getting used unless they are certain its the big finale.

So that leave us with mostly obscure comic villains like Straxus and Japanese-continuity villains like Overlord, Deathsaurus, Zarak (who wouldn't be Scorpinok in this continuity) or...maybe Dark Nova or Violen Jiger but seriously nobody remember these guys exist and rightly so.

I swear, if we get Magmatron in movie form or something equally bizarre and unlikely I'll eat my own shorts.
Nico
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:31 am

Nico wrote:Am I the only one thinking that a Transformers 'cinematic universe' seems like it might be hard to pull off with the continuity of the pre-existing movies? Especially given they've killed of all major and most famous Decepticons which could act as leaders: Starscream, Shockwave and Soundwave and even Megatron (mind you, he's back to life for a second time). I mean, who is left at this point? They've already used The Fallen and I can't imagine Unicron getting used unless they are certain its the big finale.

So that leave us with mostly obscure comic villains like Straxus and Japanese-continuity villains like Overlord, Deathsaurus, Zarak (who wouldn't be Scorpinok in this continuity) or...maybe Dark Nova or Violen Jiger but seriously nobody remember these guys exist and rightly so.

I swear, if we get Magmatron in movie form or something equally bizarre and unlikely I'll eat my own shorts.

I somehow can't see Unicron turning up in TF5, coz Bay has been avoiding using him in those films like the plague, but if he were in it, they could go one of two ways, most likely of them would be....just to namedrop the character! or they could go the TF Armada route....& have him posess or become a smaller unit(as they did with Sideways)...or even a human! but i seriously think that they'll keep Unicron for that animated movie that's coming up, as part of this cinematic universe.

As for other characters....god knows? I mean we still haven't seen Octane, Blitzwing, Astrotrain in any of the Bayformers movies, & there's a chance that Kup, Ultra Magnus, Blurr may be turning up in 5! but that's just rumor for the moment. ;)
Stuartmaximus
Banned

More News on Paramount / Hasbro Shared Universe: New Director, Plotting Alternate Earth, Bumblebee

Postby Va'al » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:06 pm

We return once more to the wider cinematic universe that Paramount is looking to create with Hasbro, via Transformers first and foremost, but also the likes of MASK, GI Joe, and other franchises that will see live-action movies in the newar future (Visionaries, anyone?). A fairly detailed reading, behind the paywall, of the Wall Street Journal, does some digging, but the main points that can be taken from the piece are as follows:

• The writers' room (which we reported on multiple times) has plotted out a lot of mythos for the Transformers universe and beyond, and artists were brought in too. Out of the group work, The Last Knight and the 2018 Bumblebee spin-off were chosen. The preparatory material has been printed, but only distributed to 'insiders'.
  • Things work in five-year business plans, as confirmed by Hasbro's Brian Goldner.
  • Paramount are looking for a different director than Bay for the next movie - and that means the 2018 animated Bumblebee on. This does not mean that Bay is definitely out. Let's make that clear!
  • The elements started in Transformers Age of Extinction and now The Last Knight will spill over into possible GI Joe and MASK stories and plans, so we'll have to wait and see what those elements actually are!

Join in the discussion in the Energon Pub, and stay tuned to find out more as we do!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:45 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
From what I know of MASK, the Transformers movie format would be perfect for it since the main characters are actually human and hence where the focus should be (character-wise), while the transforming CGI stuff is basically just their cool mechs for the action scenes. Could be decent.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby Burn » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:12 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Kurona wrote:From what I know of MASK, the Transformers movie format would be perfect for it since the main characters are actually human and hence where the focus should be (character-wise), while the transforming CGI stuff is basically just their cool mechs for the action scenes. Could be decent.

So basically the Knight Rider resurrection from a couple of years ago.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Kurona » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Burn wrote:
Kurona wrote:From what I know of MASK, the Transformers movie format would be perfect for it since the main characters are actually human and hence where the focus should be (character-wise), while the transforming CGI stuff is basically just their cool mechs for the action scenes. Could be decent.

So basically the Knight Rider resurrection from a couple of years ago.

Can't say I know of it, but basically the framework for any sort of movie where there's humans piloting impressive CGI mechs/vehicles/whatever. Pacific Rim, Batman, friggin'... probably the upcoming Power Rangers movie; you name it.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby BeastProwl » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Can't we at least reboot this mess before slamming even more nonsensical "plots" into it?

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWERVE Transformers G1 Mini-bot Legion vtg reissue Walmart 2020 New 230811A"
NEW!
SWERVE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210500 2RI 220427"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221591 17A (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT210410 11B (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL 2 MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Dragon complete 1999 230711A"
TRANSMETAL 2 MEGAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers G1 Titan Guardians Vinyl Action Figure 6" Hasbro"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAY210468 6A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210478 10A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATTRAP Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
RATTRAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNABOSS Transformers Beast Wars complete + instructions 1997 230609A **AS-IS**"
MAGNABOSS Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2022 New"
TERRORSAUR Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON