This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:42 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I don't know, I still like the idea of prowl being a villain to just show what happens when the chaos/order balance tips to the other extreme. After all doing what's good isn't necessarily the same as doing what's right.

So...yeah I'm actually wanting an arc or two against prowl to explore that and to allow him to see the error of going that far himself.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:19 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Superginraix wrote:It makes me worried for whoever's going to be Ratchet's FOURTH unsuccessful attempt...

Drift.

Except Ratchet finally realizes that he SHOULDN'T just let things go at an awkward goodbye given what's happened to his other friends. So he goes off to find Drift and we end up with Empire of Stone.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via entertainment and comics website Comic Book Resources, IDW Publishing has released their full preview for this coming week's release of Trasformers: More Than Meets the Eye #40. So why not take a look below and whet your appetite for the weekend? We'll be back with the Seibertron.com review on Wednesday, to give a chance to more people to have read the issue and join in the discussion, as always!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #40
James Roberts (w) • Brendan Cahill (a) • Alex Milne (c)
Having saved the universe—kind of—the Lost Light crew deal with the fallout in a manner befitting the gravity of the situation. Kind of.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The march to issue 50 begins here!
The critically acclaimed MTMTE continues its mind-blowing run!
Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:02 am

Heh, the room does have a color shade like lilacs! Didn't know Chromedome knew anything about flowers.

And Megatron's absent. He's either late or he's recused himself since he's a former Decepticon.
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Syn_13 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:01 am

Motto: "Time to weapon up, wallflowers!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Love the fact that Tailgate still thinks Whirl's name is actually Nutjob.
Syn_13
Vehicon

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:15 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I can't begin to describe how happy I am that Hasbro hasn't forced the CW commercial onto this title as well.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Inaction » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Wow, FINALLY Xaaron gets a chance to have a speaking role and not just be treated as window dressing for a scene. I'd been waiting on that for like ever.
Inaction
Micromaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I like how Brainstorm has his faceplate off and Chromedome is his "Lawyer" so to speak. Pretty cool stuff. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Optimizzy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I think I like the retailer incentive cover best.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Optimizzy wrote:I think I like the retailer incentive cover best.

I am inclined to agree. It looks pretty amazing :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Optimizzy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

That, and it illustrates what Im most interested in: Brainstorms fate.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Optimizzy wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

That, and it illustrates what Im most interested in: Brainstorms fate.

With what We've seen in this preview, it will be interesting to see how things go. Brainstorm is one of my favorite characters, so I hope that this turns out good for him and there's a good reason for him to be wearing a decepticon symbol inside his facemask :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Flashwave » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Saw this on the Itunes sneak preview, but gonna mention it here.

1) I love how Tailgate still seems to have avoided looking like his recent toy.
2)I love how Bombshell is retroactively his new CW figure as he's spying on Hunter.

Ain't I a hypocrite?

I still want to know what's going on with that cover. Ratchet's looking down on his friends from on high, Hot Rod looks forelorn, First Aid is wiping a "tear", Rung is consoling, Nautica is fan--girling, and oh my god is there a lot of emotion in Getaway's face for having no mouth, no nose, indeed no sign of ANYTJING elow his eyes, just a solid metal skin.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Flashwave wrote: I love how Tailgate still seems to have avoided looking like his recent toy.

To be fair, despite the card art, the generations' toy was really just a loose interpretation and approximation for Nick Roche's character design in MTMTE.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Shuttershock » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:16 am

BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:Heh, the room does have a color shade like lilacs! Didn't know Chromedome knew anything about flowers.

And Megatron's absent. He's either late or he's recused himself since he's a former Decepticon.

That, or he's fetching something appropriate to wear:

Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Bleak5170 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:25 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Flashwave wrote:
I still want to know what's going on with that cover. Ratchet's looking down on his friends from on high, Hot Rod looks forlorn, First Aid is wiping a "tear", Rung is consoling, Nautica is fan--girling, and oh my god is there a lot of emotion in Getaway's face for having no mouth, no nose, indeed no sign of ANYTHING below his eyes, just a solid metal skin.

Totally looks like they're killing off Ratchet to which I say, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Considering his demise in the last movie though this isn't completely surprising. I've actually been expecting it.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Have we been told exactly when and at what point during MTMTE that Empire of stone takes place? Or is that non cannon now?
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Courage: 3
Skill: 7

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:45 am

Flashwave wrote:I still want to know what's going on with that cover. Ratchet's looking down on his friends from on high, Hot Rod looks forelorn, First Aid is wiping a "tear", Rung is consoling, Nautica is fan--girling, and oh my god is there a lot of emotion in Getaway's face for having no mouth, no nose, indeed no sign of ANYTJING elow his eyes, just a solid metal skin.

My prediction: Ratchet is leaving the Lost Light to go find Drift, another bot he didn't give a proper goodbye to.

Spoilers below for Drift: Empire of Stone

We know that Ratchet leaves the Lost Light at some point to find Drift, and that he ultimately invites Drift to rejoin the Lost Light. Since we haven't seen Ratchet leave the Lost Light, and because Drift isn't on the ship, the events of Empire of Stone must not have happened in MTMTE yet. This issue will show Ratchet leaving the ship to find Drift, and the two will show back up at some point in the future.

Another prediction? Drift and Ratchet meet up with the returning Protectobots post-Combiner Wars, and arrive at the Lost Light just in time to turn the tide against the DJD and Deathsaurus.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:00 am

MrBlack wrote:
Flashwave wrote:I still want to know what's going on with that cover. Ratchet's looking down on his friends from on high, Hot Rod looks forelorn, First Aid is wiping a "tear", Rung is consoling, Nautica is fan--girling, and oh my god is there a lot of emotion in Getaway's face for having no mouth, no nose, indeed no sign of ANYTJING elow his eyes, just a solid metal skin.

My prediction: Ratchet is leaving the Lost Light to go find Drift, another bot he didn't give a proper goodbye to.

We know that Ratchet leaves the Lost Light at some point to find Drift, and that he ultimately invites Drift to rejoin the Lost Light. Since we haven't seen Ratchet leave the Lost Light, and because Drift isn't on the ship, the events of Empire of Stone must not have happened in MTMTE yet. This issue will show Ratchet leaving the ship to find Drift, and the two will show back up at some point in the future.

Another prediction? Drift and Ratchet meet up with the returning Protectobots post-Combiner Wars, and arrive at the Lost Light just in time to turn the tide against the DJD and Deathsaurus.

That is actually pretty much my bet. The one potential problem I see is with Ratchet and First Aid gone, who is the medical officer on board? :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:16 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

That is actually pretty much my bet. The one potential problem I see is with Ratchet and First Aid gone, who is the medical officer on board? :BOT:

Whirl gets a promotion after performing life-saving surgery last issue. :lol:
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 pm

MrBlack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

Whirl gets a promotion after performing life-saving surgery last issue. :lol:

Problem is: I find that funny and cannot argue any other idea :APPLAUSE: :lol: :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Flashwave wrote:Another prediction? Drift and Ratchet meet up with the returning Protectobots post-Combiner Wars, and arrive at the Lost Light just in time to turn the tide against the DJD and Deathsaurus.

I bet Tarn's mask will emote terror all on its own upon the surprise of seeing the Protectobots combining into Defensor :lol:
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Good issue, lot of nice set up. Gotta wonder just how far behind CW MTMTE is running?

So, it would appear that maybe Megatron is getting back to his old tricks? Or maybe he really wants to be an autobot, and will go back to change that. I found Brainstorms reason for becoming a deception very logical and fitting with his character. All of a sudden, I want a figure of "Ten".
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Jeen0808 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:14 am

Weapon: Shotgun
Ironhidensh wrote:All of a sudden, I want a figure of "Ten".

Only if it comes accessorized with the tiny figures he made.
Jeen0808
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + GUM variant Transformers G2 Go-Bots Gobots Takara 1995 New 210112"
MEGATRON + GUM var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Nendoroid G1 Super-Deformed Sentinel Hasbro 2022 New"
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210485 4A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transmetal 2 SPITTOR Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete 1999 230821A"
Transmetal 2 SPITT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220492 14RI (CA) Fortuna"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Nendoroid G1 Super-Deformed Sentinel Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210480 10RI (CA) Coller"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON