This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

ToysRus Exclusive: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece - Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: ToysRus Exclusive: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece - Discussion Thread

Postby MaverickPrime » Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Are there any notable differences between Hasbro's and Takara's versions?
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Shockwave7 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:49 pm

They're wasting time making Autobot G1 car Masterpieces and repaints of the Seeker jet mold, when they SHOULD be doing MP Shockwave!
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Shockwave7 wrote:They're wasting time making Autobot G1 car Masterpieces and repaints of the Seeker jet mold, when they SHOULD be doing MP Shockwave!

I think there is a problem with the rights issue for likeness of the original toy. Same reason he can't be reissued.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
MaverickPrime wrote:Are there any notable differences between Hasbro's and Takara's versions?

No shoulder canons/rocket launchers? :-?
I actually find them to be cumbersome anyway.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby sol magnus » Thu May 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Cobotron wrote:
MaverickPrime wrote:Are there any notable differences between Hasbro's and Takara's versions?

No shoulder canons/rocket launchers? :-?
I actually find them to be cumbersome anyway.

I don't see any notable difference (like Prowl). The normal Bluestreak and Prowl don't come with the external missile launchers.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu May 07, 2015 6:10 pm

I wish there were differences... something, anything. Have something different (like an add on) to justify buying it here in North America. The price of the American Masterpiece cars has been far too high in comparison to the imports from Japan. When the MP cars come out in Japan, you can usually find them for under $70 US.

Forget the fact that there's knock offs. That's beside the point.

The point is... anyone who wants this, should already have this.

I had high hopes when we got MP Soundwave in the states for such a great deal. The $100 I spent on Optimus, I felt was worth it. But Prowl and now Bluestreak... what gives?

The only thing I can figure is that the the North American licensing fees for the automobile companies must be much higher than in Japan. And that's a shame, as I see it as free advertising.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Thu May 07, 2015 6:30 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Black Bumblebee wrote:The only thing I can figure is that the the North American licensing fees for the automobile companies must be much higher than in Japan. And that's a shame, as I see it as free advertising.
Free advertising for Crazy Sammy's Used Car Emporium! :lol:
No, but I hear you. I never actually considered the licensing.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:05 pm

While I a happy to have the option to get Bluestreak, it's too bad I will have to wait for a sale to get him since at this price, he is pretty much the same as going to an import boutique toy store and getting a takara release of the mold. It has been confirmed through a tru computer that Hasbro MP Starscream released later this year will cost the same price as bluestreak and that boggled my mind.

But then I realized something. License agreements are national/regional, not global (we know this from the alternators line when Honda Japan would allow stuff Honda USA wouldnt and thus the hasbro release was different from Takara's). So, a license could (and probably does) cost more for Hasbro than Takara. Which explains why the licensed MP cars cost so much compared to Hasbro's MP 10, Grimlock and Soundwave which were cheaper than Takara's and didnt need a license from a manufacturer outside of Hasbro.

The fact that Starscream doesnt need a license would explain why he will cost the same as this Bluestreak MP.

EDIT: Sorry Black Bumblebee if I am repeating what you wrote, I was writing my message for a while.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu May 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
ABOUT FAWKING TIME!!! :BANG_HEAD: 8-} #-o :roll:

Still, that's one hefty pricetag for what is basically just a voyager/Alternators. :/
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Diem » Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 pm

If this had the shoulder launchers I'd be all over it As it stands, I could take it or leave it.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby wangson » Thu May 07, 2015 8:18 pm

I saw a difference: notice the awesome "tattoo" on the left foot? The CE logo...
wangson
Mini-Con

Postby Convoy » Thu May 07, 2015 11:09 pm

I'm hoping mold degradation fixes that perma-clip, that occurs in the chest when this mold is "properly" transformed into robot mode, for prospective buyers.
My poor TakaraTomy Streak/Bluestreak is still afflicted by the Nucleon and stuck in robot mode.
I miss transforming that guy.
That one issue is what's keeping me from jumping on the Blue Bluesteak before it's out of a reasonable price range forever.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:09 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
@ the mods or anybody who is in the know. How is it that Australia TRU gets dibs on certain Materpieces while the US does not?

Iirc MP-02, MP-24 and the upcoming Bluestreak. Is it because Australia is in Asia or whatever is the reason?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Diem » Fri May 08, 2015 8:31 am

fenrir72 wrote:@ the mods or anybody who is in the know. How is it that Australia TRU gets dibs on certain Materpieces while the US does not?

Iirc MP-02, MP-24 and the upcoming Bluestreak. Is it because Australia is in Asia or whatever is the reason?

Well to get nitpicky Australia is next to Asia, not in it.

I'm not sure of the exact reason but I would imagine that it's likely a far more limited run. To my knowledge there are fewer than 50 TRUs in Australia, meaning you could comfortably flood the shelves with a run of 1000. There's more than 800 TRUs in the US, which means that the run, and the costs and issues associated with it would be far larger.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 am

Motto: "My anaconda don't..."
william-james88 wrote:But then I realized something. License agreements are national/regional, not global (we know this from the alternators line when Honda Japan would allow stuff Honda USA wouldnt and thus the hasbro release was different from Takara's). So, a license could (and probably does) cost more for Hasbro than Takara. Which explains why the licensed MP cars cost so much compared to Hasbro's MP 10, Grimlock and Soundwave which were cheaper than Takara's and didnt need a license from a manufacturer outside of Hasbro.

The fact that Starscream doesnt need a license would explain why he will cost the same as this Bluestreak MP.

You know the situation is more complex still. If you look at the MP seeker mold it is easily the most accurate replica of any aircraft from the Transformers line ever. Yet none of them are licensed by Boeing Defense. Meanwhile every single Movie Starscream toy, no matter how abstract of an F-22A Raptor it was, they were licensed by Lockheed Martin.
So either Lockheed is a stickler for licensing, or airplane Transformers don't need to be licensed at all. Which would make sense. Aircraft aren't consumer items and as such don't really have a brand/image to keep.
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner
Watch welcometothedarksyde on YouTube

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 am

welcometothedarksyde wrote:
william-james88 wrote:But then I realized something. License agreements are national/regional, not global (we know this from the alternators line when Honda Japan would allow stuff Honda USA wouldnt and thus the hasbro release was different from Takara's). So, a license could (and probably does) cost more for Hasbro than Takara. Which explains why the licensed MP cars cost so much compared to Hasbro's MP 10, Grimlock and Soundwave which were cheaper than Takara's and didnt need a license from a manufacturer outside of Hasbro.

You know the situation is more complex still. If you look at the MP seeker mold it is easily the most accurate replica of any aircraft from the Transformers line ever. Yet none of them are licensed by Boeing Defense. Meanwhile every single Movie Starscream toy, no matter how abstract of an F-22A Raptor it was, they were licensed by Lockheed Martin.
So either Lockheed is a stickler for licensing, or airplane Transformers don't need to be licensed at all. Which would make sense. Aircraft aren't consumer items and as such don't really have a brand/image to keep.

Yeah, its strange. And plus, last years AOE toys had licensed Lambourghini and Bugatti toys and they cost the same as every other toy.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Fri May 08, 2015 9:59 am

william-james88 wrote:

Yeah, its strange. And plus, last years AOE toys had licensed Lambourghini and Bugatti toys and they cost the same as every other toy.

That was the case for all the movies, and you're right. All toys cost the same regardless of license or not. My best guess is that there was some sort of deal with the owners of the license for product placement in the movie.
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner

Postby Wheeljack808 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:37 am

Really cool and I want it but DAYUM that price. :shock:
Wheeljack808
Micromaster

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:02 pm

That was the case for all the movies, and you're right. All toys cost the same regardless of license or not. My best guess is that there was some sort of deal with the owners of the license for product placement in the movie.

Part of me highly doubts Bugatti would care for advertising. They don't even have dealerships worldwide and only target a specific niche clientele (millionaires). I feel this is more Bay wanting the coolest cars in his film than Bugatti reaching out to want some coverage.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby welcometothedarksyde » Fri May 08, 2015 4:07 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Part of me highly doubts Bugatti would care for advertising. They don't even have dealerships worldwide and only target a specific niche clientele (millionaires). I feel this is more Bay wanting the coolest cars in his film than Bugatti reaching out to want some coverage.

Wasn't that the talk before the movie was coming out though? Actually I found the link that backs up what I was saying. It's a Michael Bay interview that alludes to these supercar companies being very forward with their cars this far into the franchise.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ion/30522/
welcometothedarksyde
Combiner

ToysRus Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece - MP-06 Bluestreak SDCC & Online Exclusive

Postby shajaki » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
The Jedi Temple Archives has reported that the upcoming ToysRus Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece MP-06 Bluestreak is going a slightly different route than the Masterpieces of old. Its customary for these Masterpieces to be sold at the San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) ToysRus booth before hitting general retail release, but supposedly there won't be one. The Star Wars fansite is saying that this figure is destined to be an online exclusive. We'll have to wait and see if this comes to fruition, so stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:46 pm

The online exclusivity makes perfect sense to me. Walmart was already doing it (and is currently doing it with the platinum seekers) and its no matter to me. It's the same price online, shipping is free at their price and I get it delivered to my door. These are for collectors and most are well versed in buying online. This will liberate shelf space for more toys that families can afford and keep scalpers at bay due to the restrictive purchasing quantities online. As long the item is available in some easy way (like this), I have no issues with it.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
At "leader" price, meaning 60$, I would buy that Bluestreak. At 90$+, that's just highway robbery. I don't really care about online exclusivity because NOW we can finally buy these in Quebec, with free shipping.

I'll just have to wait for the innevitable clearance sale and hope I will be able to grab one before the scalpers grab them all.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby shajaki » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:58 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
I don't really know if financially it makes sense to this, but I will say it makes me was when ANY figure doesn't see a store shelf.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby X3ROhour » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
my TRU IS TOTAL WEAK MUTHA-%$#@! SAUCE!!!

Ive checked every Sunday or

monday for 2 years. never a single one. not even acidstorm.

WTF!?

:BOOM:
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHARKTICON (Gnaw) Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
SHARKTICON (Gnaw) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV1 2022 New"
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Pocket Keychain Dangler 1.5" 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON