This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage

Postby alldarker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:05 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
Not my pics, but these are the first pics of MP-26 Road Rage.
New face mold, new crotch piece, new curvier thighs and a toy accurate gun. I like it!

Last edited by alldarker on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: MP-26 Road Rage

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:19 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I'm so happy right now Q u Q
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:56 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Meh, not a real character, and one I know nothing of. This will be a easy pass, unless I somehow fail to get a Tracks.

Nice head sculpt though.

*edit* looks like Chromia to me..... :-?
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby RiddlerJ » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:58 am

She needs wider hips.

Cuuuuurrrrvier hips :P
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Ironhidensh wrote:Meh, not a real character, and one I know nothing of. This will be a easy pass, unless I somehow fail to get a Tracks.

That's pretty much my stance, while I do know of the character, it's not a "mainstream" character and thus is an easy pass for me.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:56 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Nice, but not nice enough as an MP purchase, given the fact that she never showed up in the G1 cartoons. MP Tracks's slender bot proportions looks fitting on her. TT sure isn't wasting any time. Tracks himself hasn't even hit shelves, and they've already announced the retool.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Amelie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:59 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Superb. I'm gonna have to raid the MP line HARDCORE when I get a job
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Stumpybot » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:07 am

Motto: "If you dont say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I like it. Creative retool.

Don't care if it was in the G1 cartoon, that show was a friggin mess, its a transformer, thats good enough for me. And its damn good to see a female MP release, always feared they would shy away from those completely.
Stumpybot
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Buy from Stumpybot on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Firepower: 9

Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Revealed

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:11 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Thanks to Tag Hobby we get news that Transformers Masterpiece MP 26 will be Roadrage! Roadrage will be a remold/repaint of the upcoming MP-25 release Tracks. In the pictures she looks to have a different head sculpt but we have no further information on this release yet. Check out the images we've embedded and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage

Postby Desslok2201 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:18 am

I hope the rest of that rumor was true and we'll be seeing Ironhide soon
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Blastback » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 am

Motto: "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, deedilly dee."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
looks like a more toy accurate gun to.
Blastback
Combiner
Alt Mode: Black Corvette
Strength: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby sol magnus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:44 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Toy accurate black blinding beam gun means this gets bought immediately.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Rogueknight » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:58 am

Motto: "Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs again) Well, I'm all right.""
I'm seeing new:
head sculpt,
female like round thighs,
wheels? (maybe for placement only)
new forearms? New smaller hands? but it maybe just the angle...

Me like big time! Although part of me is sad the first MP fembot is not Arcee...
Last edited by Rogueknight on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rogueknight
Mini-Con

Postby Wheeljack808 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:03 am

Ugh, getting sick of these retool Masterpieces.

I had no interest in Exhaust and I have no interest in this either.

Masterpiece had a good run going with so many classic characters. I mean I didn't really want Star Saber but that's just because I didn't watch much if any of the Japanese G1 stuff. It was still at least a unique new mold and I applaud them for making it as an homage to that series.

But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.

Let's see some new molds!
Wheeljack808
Micromaster

Postby megatronus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:26 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Wheeljack808 wrote:Ugh, getting sick of these retool Masterpieces.

Masterpiece had a good run going with so many classic characters. I mean I didn't really want Star Saber but that's just because I didn't watch much if any of the Japanese G1 stuff. It was still at least a unique new mold and I applaud them for making it as an homage to that series.

But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.

As it happens, the redecos, which many of us LOVE, fund the new molds.

Also, where have you been? Redecos have been the (enjoyable) MP reality for years, and just now you're getting sick of them?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Wheeljack808 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:41 am

megatronus wrote:

Also, where have you been? Redecos have been the (enjoyable) MP reality for years, and just now you're getting sick of them?

1) I really don't care if you love it or not. My statement was expressing my opinion that I don't like them. If you do, great, still doesn't have anything to do with my statement.

2)Saying they fund the new molds is a redundant statement since there is still going to be the production costs to pump out the retools as well as the modifications to make it a retool. In other words, ANY masterpiece will net profit and thus fund more molds.

3) I've been right here on planet Earth. Yeah redecos have been part of the masterpiece line since the get-go but that's simply because of the nature of the G1 transformers series. The seekers were all pretty much cloned recolours so this is why Starscream through Sunstorm are all gonna have the same mold but recoloured. These are retools of existing characters into ones that barely exist. Okay the statement could be made that any character deserves its time in the sun and yeah that's great and all but when so many have gone unused and the masterpiece line before this seemed to be about taking classic toys from our childhood and updating them to make them appeal to collectors this seems to be getting away from that mission.
Wheeljack808
Micromaster

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:54 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Gotta love how weird this fandom is.

2002: Fans love G1 Road Rage.

2015: Fans split hairs over MP Road Rage.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:57 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Little red Corvette
Baby you're much too fast
Little red Corvette
You need a love that's gonna last

that is all.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Courage: 3

Postby Desslok2201 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:01 am

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Little red Corvette
Baby you're much too fast
Little red Corvette
You need a love that's gonna last

that is all.

Good lord, now I'll have that in my head all day, thanks a lot. That being said, if the MP line made a redeco of any character wearing a raspberry beret, I'd buy that as well
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby megatronus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:07 am

Wheeljack808 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

1) I really don't care if you love it or not. My statement was expressing my opinion that I don't like them. If you do, great, still doesn't have anything to do with my statement.

If you express the opinion that you don't like them, and I respond expressing the opinion that I do, you really think my statement has nothing to do with yours?

Wheeljack808 wrote:2)Saying they fund the new molds is a redundant statement since there is still going to be the production costs to pump out the retools as well as the modifications to make it a retool. In other words, ANY masterpiece will net profit and thus fund more molds.

I'm not sure about that. The way they've been clustering the MP car redecos, with roughly 4 total per mold within 18 months of original release, makes me think that they plan these things fairly far ahead.

The tiny marginal cost and effort associated with minor MP retools, and the resulting profits, helps make the MP line a winner in Takara's portfolio, worthy of additional investment. When each redeco offsets the huge engineering costs and from a planning perspective gives Takara the wherewithal to engineer new figures, I would say no, my statement was not redundant. I think you're looking at the micro rather than the macro.

Wheeljack808 wrote:3) I've been right here on planet Earth. Yeah redecos have been part of the masterpiece line since the get-go but that's simply because of the nature of the G1 transformers series.

Which the Masterpiece line is homaging... so again, the complaint doesn't make a huge amount of sense.

Wheeljack808 wrote:The seekers were all pretty much cloned recolours so this is why Starscream through Sunstorm are all gonna have the same mold but recoloured. These are retools of existing characters into ones that barely exist. Okay the statement could be made that any character deserves its time in the sun and yeah that's great and all but when so many have gone unused and the masterpiece line before this seemed to be about taking classic toys from our childhood and updating them to make them appeal to collectors this seems to be getting away from that mission.

I disagree - figures like Sunstorm, Exhaust, Tigertrack, etc., and now Road Rage, reference TFs or pre-TFs, are all updates to 80s toys in exactly the manner you describe.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Amelie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:09 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Wheeljack808 wrote:But this? Exhaust as a one-off I can see but this is just lazy now. And don't think its just the G1 fan-boy in me either. I have the same feelings about Goldbug, the retool of Bumblebee. It was neat I guess but I have no desire to get one.

Actually, the logic behind Road Rage is about the same as Exhaust - they're both Diaclone decos of the new mold. Road Rage happens to have the added advantage of having been added to the G1 'family' in 2002 by Ehobby, so its hardly like a character thats been suddenly dropped on us, but nor is it a character we've been saturated with.

I think its neat and maybe if a fembot sells suitably well enough, then Takara might even consider an Arcee in the future
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby megatronus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:11 am

I guess it comes down to this:

My opinion is that redecos are a great thing. :x

I can accept the opinion that redecos are a necessary evil. :saint:

I cannot accept, and will challenge, the opinion that redecos are unnecessary. 8-}
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:25 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
And whaddaya know, this is the first official female MP figure! And it looks pretty great too!

Even if I don't get Tracks I'll be picking this girl up for sure.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Desslok2201 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:31 am

megatronus wrote:I guess it comes down to this:

My opinion is that redecos are a great thing. :x

I can accept the opinion that redecos are a necessary evil. :saint:

I cannot accept, and will challenge, the opinion that redecos are unnecessary. 8-}

Agreed. Seeing how there's a precedent with Robot Masters, a black Star Saber may also be in the works. Who knows? Like you, I will sit back and enjoy the ride, because I like where it's going
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Diem » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:33 am

I absolutely love this. Under-represented character? FEMALE representation in the line? Intelligent and economic use of retooled parts to maximum effect? Amazing.

And in response to Wheeljack808 and anyone else who is upset that this isn't the 20-somethingth version of Jazz:

Repaints don't interrupt new molds from getting made.

Repaints don't interrupt new molds from getting made.

REPAINTS DON'T INTERRUPT NEW MOLDS FROM GETTING MADE.

It's not like Takara are saying "Hey, we want to produce a Sunstreaker but Road Rage is taking up too much of our damn time." Instead, the additional income provided by re-engineering or repaints helps finance and financially justify new molds being made.

Repaints help finance new molds

Repaints help finance new molds

REPAINTS HELP FINANCE NEW MOLDS

And the argument that these are getting lazy is ridiculous. Every repaint since the Datsuns is a big improvement over the days when Ultra Magnus carried around a brown Megatron and the seekers escorted the Amazing Arkeville Triplets. Nowadays the likes of Smokescreen, G2 Bumblebee (not Goldbug, get your facts straight), Exhaust and now Road Rage make use of new parts to add value to the purchase.

Must have purchase. A+
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #15 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220438 15B (CA) Duggan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PANTHER Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
PANTHER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT210410 11B (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2022 New"
TERRORSAUR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fuzor AIR HAMMER Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete Hasbro 1998 230609A"
Fuzor AIR HAMMER T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210478 10A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210591 3RI (CA) Sara"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transmetal 2 SPITTOR Transformers Beast Wars Basic complete 1999 230821A"
Transmetal 2 SPITT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure"
HYPER STEEL OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Construct-Bots MEGATRON Elite Class Transformers E1:05 G1 Hasbro New 2013"
Construct-Bots MEG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON