This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers MP-26 Road Rage

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:40 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I find her pouty lips strangely adorable.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Heckfire » Thu May 28, 2015 3:51 am

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
...aaaand CUE more bitching about her lack of a faceplate, despite the total absence of complaints about Tracks ALSO missing his original toy's faceplate...

OK, OK, that was a cheap shot, sorry...

The more I see about this figure, the happier I am about preordering her. My urge to squee is rising exponentially..!

I wonder if this might prompt an appearance in the IDW books? ROAD RAGE ON THE LOST LIGHT 2015!
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Rated X » Thu May 28, 2015 5:04 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
If they were gonna give her a dudes face, they should have just went with the face plate. Oh well I guess with that mouth she can chug some energon beer with the guys.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Heckfire wrote:...aaaand CUE more bitching about her lack of a faceplate, despite the total absence of complaints about Tracks ALSO missing his original toy's faceplate...

OK, OK, that was a cheap shot, sorry...

The more I see about this figure, the happier I am about preordering her. My urge to squee is rising exponentially..!

I wonder if this might prompt an appearance in the IDW books? ROAD RAGE ON THE LOST LIGHT 2015!

Cheap shot on target Heck! Especially those bellyachers who don't even have ANY intention of buying her anyway......... :HEADHURTS:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Rogueknight » Thu May 28, 2015 8:48 am

Motto: "Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs again) Well, I'm all right.""
MemphisR56 wrote:Her chin is so pointy.

Removed for those who cannot take a joke...
Last edited by Rogueknight on Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rogueknight
Mini-Con

Postby shajaki » Thu May 28, 2015 10:28 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Uhhhhh...
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Thu May 28, 2015 10:35 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
:shock:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Thu May 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Well, she's definitely on my "If I win the lotto or something" MP wishlist already.

I wonder if Takara's working on Mirage and Skids/Crosscut, and if they've got a "Powered Convoy" colors redeco of Mags planned.. That combined with Wheeljack and Road Rage would be lovely.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Cobotron » Thu May 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Rogueknight wrote:
MemphisR56 wrote:Her chin is so pointy.

Removed for those who cannot take a joke...
What I shoulda said was...
:shock:

:lol:
Last edited by Cobotron on Thu May 28, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Rated X wrote:If they were gonna give her a dudes face, they should have just went with the face plate. Oh well I guess with that mouth she can chug some energon beer with the guys.

Again with the uber expertise retort. There is only so much you can do when you feminize a robotic humanoid face. Bandai has been doing this for years and it's for a non transforming robot

Try getting an engineering degree and submit a design better than this to Tomy Takara first before you start posting the "gospel truth" according to the book of X.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Poyguimogul » Thu May 28, 2015 7:16 pm

I think it's purposely not 100% feminine because the original toy (diaclone) was gender neutral and most people would want the figure based on that toy. Even though the ehobby character/toy was popular it was the original diaclone that made it all possible. The jp just made it better by adding some fiction. So, as is, it's a genderless robot, that may or may not identify as female depending on what you like.
Poyguimogul
Vehicon

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:36 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Rated X wrote:If they were gonna give her a dudes face, they should have just went with the face plate. Oh well I guess with that mouth she can chug some energon beer with the guys.

Again with the uber expertise retort. There is only so much you can do when you feminize a robotic humanoid face. Bandai has been doing this for years and it's for a non transforming robot

Try getting an engineering degree and submit a design better than this to Tomy Takara first before you start posting the "gospel truth" according to the book of X.

Fen, you know I love you buddy (in a strictly platonic, heterosexual way, so don't get any funny ideas :P ) but I think Takara could have done much better for Road Rage's face. Truth is, I've been modeling a custom Arcee face for a custom head project using ZBrush, and even my sculpt beats Road Rage's super-simple conical face by a mile--and it's my first ever ZB project!

The MP male bots' face sculpts we've seen so far (barring Bumblebee and Smokescreen due to source material) have been pretty good, and it's almost like Road Rage's face was given a very simplified reshape from Tracks's face.

That said, if I had the extra cash and liked the character enough, it's not going to stop me from buying it. I mean, it's kinda good enough for what it is (a retool), but it could be a lot better.
Last edited by SKYWARPED_128 on Thu May 28, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:58 pm

I know I'm probably in the minority, given the above statements, but I like it. It's simple, and the good kind of simple, like Godbomber's face sculpt. SOLD.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Cobotron » Thu May 28, 2015 8:22 pm

Desslok2201 wrote:I know I'm probably in the minority, given the above statements, but I like it. It's simple, and the good kind of simple, like Godbomber's face sculpt. SOLD.

*Cobotron gets in canoe with Desslok. Starts paddling.*
Looks like a classic late 70's early 80's Japanese female robot face. Works for me.
Her stunning Takara helm doesn't hurt anything either.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:34 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Fen, you know I love you buddy (in a strictly platonic, heterosexual way, so don't get any funny ideas :P ) but I think Takara could have done much better for Road Rage's face. Truth is, I've been modeling a custom Arcee face for a custom head project using ZBrush, and even my sculpt beats Road Rage's super-simple conical face by a mile--and it's my first ever ZB project!

The MP male bots' face sculpts we've seen so far (barring Bumblebee and Smokescreen due to source material) have been pretty good, and it's almost like Road Rage's face was given a very simplified reshape from Tracks's face.

That said, if I had the extra cash and liked the character enough, it's not going to stop me from buying it. I mean, it's kinda good enough for what it is (a retool), but it could be a lot better.

:x Just as I love you to SW :lol: But you know the source material of the original complaint. If TT made the face too kawaii, we'd probably be getting another speech as to its being too feminine.....just as Heckler posted.

Btw, the comparison pics I used with Bandai's fembots, they actually don't look too far apart. So long as TT doesn't add a lipstick on a pig...... 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:16 pm

fenrir72 wrote: :x Just as I love you to SW :lol: But you know the source material of the original complaint. If TT made the face too kawaii, we'd probably be getting another speech as to its being too feminine.....just as Heckler posted.

Btw, the comparison pics I used with Bandai's fembots, they actually don't look too far apart. So long as TT doesn't add a lipstick on a pig...... 8-}

Yeah, I get your point. It's not an MP thread without some nitpicking, but that's the nature of the internet, I guess. Image

Well, actually the Bandai fembots do have better sculpting, which Road Rage's face is more of an upside down cone. It's okay for a robot, but the Bandai faces have a more humanoid silhouette to them.

As for lipstick, need I remind you of Generations Takara Chromia? :P
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu May 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Starting to think that may skip Tracks for Roadrage, then when the KOs hit, get our boy in blue.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10+

Postby fenrir72 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote: :x Just as I love you to SW :lol: But you know the source material of the original complaint. If TT made the face too kawaii, we'd probably be getting another speech as to its being too feminine.....just as Heckler posted.

Yeah, I get your point. It's not an MP thread without some nitpicking, but that's the nature of the internet, I guess. Image

Well, actually the Bandai fembots do have better sculpting, which Road Rage's face is more of an upside down cone. It's okay for a robot, but the Bandai faces have a more humanoid silhouette to them.

And we still got a complaint. I remember a Joker reference. It does look scary when focused on a HD digicam but using a normal eyes human vision, the details of her lipstick wasn't so bad (especially in the Legends version of hers)
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:22 am

fenrir72 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:

And we still got a complaint. I remember a Joker reference. It does look scary when focused on a HD digicam but using a normal eyes human vision, the details of her lipstick wasn't so bad (especially in the Legends version of hers)

Haha, sorry, that was me! It was just a joke, though.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:30 am

This darn gizmos makes things so hi def you see all the ugly spots :lol: . I don't if it was in the Simpsons or Family Guy but I want to emphasize, let's not all get to hasty in judging the product.

Same with Starsaber. in hand looks good though far from perfect. Same with UM. Even MP Tracks. He's a guy and rendered almost to a T from the anime. Roadrage's only reference is a faceplated version of her. So this release of her "face" is technically her first "exposure".

I again blame hi def gizmos for giving too much expectations on upcoming releases :P . Years ago, we'd all just squint and be done with it. :lol: Remember the original Bumble B figure? He didn't look at all like the cartoon.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 29, 2015 7:58 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
fenrir72 wrote:Roadrage's only reference is a faceplated version of her. So this release of her "face" is technically her first "exposure".

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:32 am

Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Roadrage's only reference is a faceplated version of her. So this release of her "face" is technically her first "exposure".

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Image

As in Japanese fiction. She is after all a Japanese fiction creation together with Crosscut and Roadhauler. Even her latest appearance had her wearing a faceplate in the Legends comic/manual. That Wings fiction you reference is kinda all over there if you know what I mean. Trying to be Sunbow but not Sunbow, Japan fiction but not Japan fiction.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat May 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
You're wrong about Roadhauler. Roadhauler is in fact a renamed-for-trademark-reasons version of Hauler from the cartoon's pilot - the crane truck guy who lifts Hound back to the road and who was likely the original plan for the toy that would become Grapple. The e-Hobby toy expands on him and ties him in with the extra Constructicons seen in the flashback to Megatron's construction.

Regarding Road Rage herself, and her face.. G1 Cartoon fembots do seem to have faces that are more tapered than the guys, and it helps her look more distinct from her mold-mate Tracks. And if we look beyond G1 stuff but still within the realm of more-or-less-normal proportions, Override and Thunderblast have tapered, pointy faces.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
In addition to all the G1-based Road Rage stuff, Takara also seems to have taken inspiration from Greg Sepelak's Animated Road Rage design for this toy's design and color scheme, particularly with the enlarged forehead horns, the red forehead crest, the vents on the sides of her helmet (the original toy instead had notches where the vents are, here), the black color of the square around her Autobot symbol, the white hands, and the white thighs.

Vs.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Sat May 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Like the hard work Takara did on this toy. Like the female face and female thighs on MP-26 Road Rage.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Fighters OPTIMUS PRIME + MEGATRON Transformers Movie complete Hasbro 2007"
Robot Fighters OPT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKE BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Disguise Deluxe complete 2012 230615A"
SHADOW STRIKE BUMB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Nitro Series OPTIMUS PRIME Energon Igniters Transformers Bumblebee Hasbro NEW"
Nitro Series OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "World's Smallest Transformers BUMBLEBEE 1.25" Micro Action Figure Authentic New"
World's Smallest T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gacha Arms Microns Takara Tomy 2012"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHATTER Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018 New"
SHATTER Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON