This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Starts Filming in Cuba

Postby Va'al » Thu May 26, 2016 5:42 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Seibertronian moderator Rodimus Prime has kept an eye out for Transformers: The Last Knight news, and found some over on ComingSoon.net - it appears that initial photography has started in Cuba, as we reported would happen not long ago! Find out more here, and below, where we've included Michael Bay's shot of a lime green car - a new Transformer, or just something lying around the location?

Production has begun on the upcoming Transformers: The Last Knight and they’ve set up shop in an unlikely place: Cuba! Director Michael Bay made the announcement on his Instagram page, noting they were only the second American production to be filming in Cuba (following the upcoming Fast 8 ).

The Transformers: The Last Knight cast includes the return of Transformers: Age of Extinction star Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager as well as newcomer Isabela Moner (100 Things to Do Before High School, Growing Up Fisher) as the film’s female lead, Izabella. Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show, Neighbors) is also set to play an unspecified leading role. Josh Duhamel will also reprise his role of Lieutenant Colonel Lennox from the first three films.

Production on Transformers: The Last Knight is set to come stateside on June 6 in Detroit, where Transformers: Age of Extinction was also shot.

Michael Bay returns to the director’s chair for the film, which is set to be written by Iron Man scribes Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down). Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto will produce the sequel.

Combined, the previous four Transformers films have brought in over $3.7 billion at the global box office with 2014’s Age of Extinction the second-highest grossing in the series. Current plans call for Transformers: The Last Knight to be released on June 23, 2017. It will be followed by a Bumblebee spin-off film in 2018 before Transformers 6 arrives in 2019.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 26, 2016 6:00 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The color reminds me of Mr. Bean's car. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ArmadaPrime » Thu May 26, 2016 9:56 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Can't see a faction symbol but that does look like the Chevrolet badge on the front, so I'd say there's at least a fair chance of it being a new bot
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby Kurona » Thu May 26, 2016 10:03 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Does anyone else weirdly get a Kup feeling from it? It's old-timey, it's a shade of green, it has that taller on the front and shorter at the longer back thing going on...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Deadput » Thu May 26, 2016 11:16 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
ArmadaPrime wrote:Can't see a faction symbol but that does look like the Chevrolet badge on the front, so I'd say there's at least a fair chance of it being a new bot

You do know most movie transformers don't have faction symbols in alt mode right?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby ArmadaPrime » Thu May 26, 2016 11:26 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Deadput wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:Can't see a faction symbol but that does look like the Chevrolet badge on the front, so I'd say there's at least a fair chance of it being a new bot

You do know most movie transformers don't have faction symbols in alt mode right?

They're never plastered on, but I could swear that there's often a subtle symbol either somewhere on the bonnet or the radiator, similar to where you might find the manufacturer's badge
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu May 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I'm going to say it's just a joyrider, not an actual bot.

it'd be cool if it was though :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I am calling that it's gonna be Wasp or a similar Decepticon, if that car's even a Transformer.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5

Postby Deadput » Thu May 26, 2016 1:35 pm

SillySpringer wrote:I am calling that it's gonna be Wasp or a similar Decepticon, if that car's even a Transformer.

The only transformers to retain their original colours in the movies are Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound and Megatron and Megatron is only loosely based on the G1 colours.

So it could be anyone hell it could be Blurr for all we know.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu May 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Deadput wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:I am calling that it's gonna be Wasp or a similar Decepticon, if that car's even a Transformer.

The only transformers to retain their original colours in the movies are Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound and Megatron and Megatron is only loosely based on the G1 colours.

So it could be anyone hell it could be Blurr for all we know.

...THAT car being Blurr? Nah. Nascar is the better option for him. :-P

Hmm Idk. It reminds me a lot of Cybertron Downshift for some reason.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Optimum Supreme » Thu May 26, 2016 2:46 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
ArmadaPrime wrote:
Deadput wrote:

They're never plastered on, but I could swear that there's often a subtle symbol either somewhere on the bonnet or the radiator, similar to where you might find the manufacturer's badge

They could always add something like that via CGI in post production.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Deadput wrote:

The only transformers to retain their original colours in the movies are Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound and Megatron
And Brawl, one-third of Arcee, another one-third of Arcee named Chromia, The Fallen, Ravage, Long Haul (debatable), Scrapmetal (there was a yellow/black version), Topspin, Shockwave (debatable), and (sorta) the Dinobots (they were at least largely gray in the movie).

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Thu May 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:

The only transformers to retain their original colours in the movies are Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound and Megatron
And Brawl, one-third of Arcee, another one-third of Arcee named Chromia, The Fallen, Ravage, Long Haul (debatable), Scrapmetal (there was a yellow/black version), Topspin, Shockwave (debatable), and (sorta) the Dinobots (they were at least largely gray in the movie).

Shockwave only really kept his colouring in the toys.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Endurance: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Yeah, it's debatable with him. Some DOTM imagery gives him more of a purple hue while other imagery of him doesn't.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Thu May 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I'll be shocked if any Transformer appearing in Cuba isn't shown with a cigar and woven fedora because Bay loves stereotypes.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Yeah, it's debatable with him. Some DOTM imagery gives him more of a purple hue while other imagery of him doesn't.

He actually looks purple to me. Maybe it's just because purple stands out to me more since it's my favorite color.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Deadput » Fri May 27, 2016 12:34 am

Emerje wrote:I'll be shocked if any Transformer appearing in Cuba isn't shown with a cigar and woven fedora because Bay loves stereotypes.

Emerje

You people really have ridiculous assumptions when it comes to Bay's decisions.

You would probably excuse idw for Kup's cigar.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Transformers: The Last Knight: Josh Duhamel Talks About Role in Interview

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri May 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to Observer.com we bring to you an interview with Josh Duhamal, also known as William Lennox in the Transformers Live Action Movies. The full interview can be found by clicking the link above, but we bring to you a section regarding Transformers: The Last Knight, which includes him talking about filming that occurred in El Mirage, California. He also talked a little bit about Bay's sets. Check out the conversation below.

Josh Duhamel wrote:At the top of his work docket is, of course, his role as Lt. Colonel William Lennox in Michael Bay’s Transformers: The Last Knight. The day before we spoke, Mr. Duhamel was stationed to film his scenes 70 miles outside of Los Angeles in El Mirage, California. “I had never been there and it’s a trip,” he said of the far flung locale. “It’s this giant, flat lakebed with 40 MPH winds that didn’t stop all day, but Michael [Bay]’s set is unlike any other set. He has all of the gadgets and the coolest stuff, and the energy of that set is just really – well, it’s a spectacle, and it’s really changed my career. It’s helped me to pursue other little creative things. I love the big Transformer movies, but I also love these passion projects.”
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Bumblebee21 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9

Postby Sigma Magnus » Fri May 27, 2016 8:54 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
I expected a jumpscare there for some reason.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri May 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Sigma Magnus wrote:I expected a jumpscare there for some reason.

Me too since you said that. I thought you were using reverse psychology to get more people to watch it. :-P

So, can anyone here translate morse code?
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby BERSEKAEL » Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 pm

:michaelbay: nice!
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Sigma Magnus » Fri May 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
SillySpringer wrote:

Me too since you said that. I thought you were using reverse psychology to get more people to watch it. :-P

Don't look at me, I couldn't learn a second language if I tried. Anyway, yeah, can anyone here translate that?
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 27, 2016 10:22 pm

SillySpringer wrote:

A replying Tweet posted this:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri May 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

A replying Tweet posted this:

:shock:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON