This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Kurona wrote:
MaverickPrime wrote:
Stormfury wrote:I feel like at this point its a running gag that Barricade just survives each movie by just randomly disappearing at the end

But...didn't he get shot onscreen in DOTM? I thought he was dead!

He got better

The IDWronhide effect.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Dr Va'al wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MaverickPrime wrote:
Stormfury wrote:I feel like at this point its a running gag that Barricade just survives each movie by just randomly disappearing at the end

But...didn't he get shot onscreen in DOTM? I thought he was dead!

He got better

The IDWronhide effect.

Ha, Classic. Well, as long as he got new eyes, a new leg, and maybe a total makeover, he should be fine :MAXIMAL:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Tyrannacon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Definitely going to echo the same sentiment here. Didn't he get shot in the head? :P

I need to watch DOTM again possibly. Kind of glad though he's back.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
THAT TOW TRUCKS A DECEPTICON....

F&%K YEAH!!!!!

:DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

Hope it's a lean, mean, murdering :CON:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
With something like this, when the answer is not straight out "no" it says to me they're hiding something the question may have caught onto. But even then the answer is just... Weird.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Yup.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That's. ..interesting, when I first mentioned the possibility of a Rom tie in, I was only joking, but now...
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I called it! Barricade shall return! :D
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby conbot3 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Tyrannacon wrote:Definitely going to echo the same sentiment here. Didn't he get shot in the head? :P

I need to watch DOTM again possibly. Kind of glad though he's back.

Nope, they took his eyes out and blew his foot off but you didn't see him killed!
and I still think that motorcycle is going to be Rumble! :P
Could the tow truck be Breakdown?
conbot3
Mini-Con
Buy from conbot3 on eBay

RUMOR: Transformers: The Last Knight - Beginning of Hasbro Shared Universe with ROM the Spaceknight

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:15 am

Since posting a very small news story in the Comics section - about the role of ROM the Spaceknight in IDW's REVOLUTION crossover event - we've been mulling over this piece from Forbes, in which the author links the new The Last Knight font with ROM's traditional one in the Marvel comics.

Several Seibertronians have thrown around a comment about ROM being the titular Last Knight in jest, but thinking about it - is it not possible that this is indeed the beginning of the wider Hasbro universe? Why the sudden change in fonts? Why does Galvatron/Megatron look like a Dire Wraith - ROM's main antagonists in the comics - made out of metal?

While we're at it, compare the tagline in the image below, with the one used for the Morse code teaser, 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'. And remember the creators?

As the author of the Forbes piece says, there are some parallels in the visual - but is that where it stops? According to Chris Ryall, definitely maybe. Check out more below, and rev your speculation engines in the Energon Pub!

As I said before: “we know Hasbro has movie plans for Rom, the old Parker Brothers toy that was one of the first action figures to include electronic lights and sounds. He’s slated to be part of a shared cinematic universe that will also include the Micronauts, G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K., and the Visionaries. It was assumed that Transformers would stay out of it, having previously announced plans for a spin-off universe of their own, and generally not needing the help. Even Age of Extinction, the lowest-grossing Transformers movie domestically (besides the animated one from the ’80s), raked in $1.1 billion worldwide, while the last G.I. Joe movie pulled in a ‘mere’ $375 million internationally. And yet: isn’t that how Marvel launched their cinematic universe? Using the popular character to segue into the riskier ones?”

Even if Rom isn’t happening, his iconography is being used. And as Rom is the least-known to the casual toy collector – aside from some convention exclusives, he hasn’t had a proper action figure of his own in decades – he is the one who needs the biggest push.

It’s time to transform him for the modern world…and roll out.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:23 am

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Linkara is going to have a field day with this.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Sir Soundwave42 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:31 am

I'm I gonna be able to watch tf5 without knowing about everything else in this new expanded universe?
Sir Soundwave42
Mini-Con

Postby BumbleDouche » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:48 am

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Any other childhood heroes you'd like to sodomize, Mr. Bay? How long before he introduces some souped up, steroid-pumped, machine gun toting My Little Ponies into the Transformers universe?
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet

Postby Deadput » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:07 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
MegaDump wrote:Any other childhood heroes you'd like to sodomize, Mr. Bay? How long before he introduces some souped up, steroid-pumped, machine gun toting My Little Ponies into the Transformers universe?

Seriously you act like he has made Transformers into trash when all he has done is have a few bad stories and lack of fake expensive cgi robots is it any worse then the recent cartoons and some of the comics?

I would rather watch the bad moments of the movies then watch Transformers Prime ever again at least the movies are entertaining in its badness.

Never change silly fandom.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:09 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
MegaDump wrote:Any other childhood heroes you'd like to sodomize, Mr. Bay? How long before he introduces some souped up, steroid-pumped, machine gun toting My Little Ponies into the Transformers universe?

Also who really cares about Rom the space Knight I mean really you expect him to get his own movie that people are going to pack into the theatre for?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:24 am

Deadput wrote:

Seriously you act like he has made Transformers into trash when all he has done is have a few bad stories and lack of fake expensive cgi robots is it any worse then the recent cartoons and some of the comics?

I would rather watch the bad moments of the movies then watch Transformers Prime ever again at least the movies are entertaining in its badness.

I'd suggest you all read the news we've been painstakingly posting, reporting and covering, before commenting in this manner.

The shared universe is not Bay's idea, it's Paramount and Hasbro's. The person in charge is Akiva Goldsman, and the various scripts that were suggested come from a team of writers. Bay has nothing to do with it until we know FOR CERTAIN that he's attached to a shared universe script.

Want to react superficially? Blame Goldsman. Not Bay.

Deadput wrote:Also who really cares about Rom the space Knight I mean really you expect him to get his own movie that people are going to pack into the theatre for?

A lot of people actually do. But not as much as the Transformers brand, which is why the piece suggested that ROM might be riding the coat-tails of TF until he's an established character.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:27 am

So I was right? Awesome. I have no connection to Rom, so it will be cool to see how this pans out on the big screen.

@sirsoundwave this is likely the first of the hasbro expanded universe so all you need is general knowledge of the tf movies.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby partholon » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:32 am

ive posted earlier in the thread that ive becomce completely jaded with the movieverse and TBH i was actually mulling on not going to see this one as i REALLY want a reboot to get the franchise sorted ala what happened with burtons batman.

but i gotta say THIS would get me in the door.

i really liked ROMs comic back in the day and the notion of autobots fighting someone that ISNT decepticons/humans ?

at least its new.

first time ive been actually excited in a good while.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby BumbleDouche » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:14 am

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Deadput wrote:

IT'S RUINED! RUINED FOREVER! TRUKK NOT MUNKY! .... ETC!
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:44 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
With all the times they have resurrected Megatron, including apparently in TLK, I hope they bring back Shockwave and give him a proper story. He was so mistreated in DoTM it was criminal. I'm waiting for them to say something like "Oh, that wasn't really Shockwave, just an advanced clone. Shockwave can make those, y'know, being a scientist and all."

As for this deal with Rom, I have no idea who the character is so I won't say anything about it, but I think the writers should focus on putting out a quality Transformers script first, before they involve any characters from anywhere else.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:03 am

partholon wrote:ive posted earlier in the thread that ive becomce completely jaded with the movieverse and TBH i was actually mulling on not going to see this one as i REALLY want a reboot to get the franchise sorted ala what happened with burtons batman.

but i gotta say THIS would get me in the door.

i really liked ROMs comic back in the day and the notion of autobots fighting someone that ISNT decepticons/humans ?

at least its new.

first time ive been actually excited in a good while.

To be fair the Burton movies didn't need a reboot (talking about the first two here, as for the other two, there was far too much meddling involved from outside sources), I never cared about the Nolan movies and i can't muster up any feeling about the new batman. There's not enough fun there.

That being said, if the hasbro universe is coming with the last knight then I think we can kiss any idea of a reboot away. Best we can get is if the movie designs started to change into what forms we like to see them in.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby dragons » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:48 am

Deadput wrote:

I take movies over animated series and comics any day in movies transformers are realistic looking and transform realistic unlike cartoon giant alien robot transforms into tape deck sound wave I'm naming and transformers going back in time dark ages frenzy riding one of seekers in jousting match , gridlock dressed as waiter serving spike, Carly , ultra Magnus and others with stupid looking mustache on his face in Dino mode, same can be said about comics there faces looking more human than robot most of time I feel reading Star Trek and Star Wars comics with characters transform in things
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:51 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
So, what we're saying here is that the Dire Wraiths are the Transformers' Creators?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 am

This GIF is so relevant right now.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #4 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230976 (A/CA) Kirby (W) Lee"
X-MEN #4 Facsimile ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 OCT230973 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics NOV230744 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #255 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg FEB240720 (CA) Frenz"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr B Blank Sketch DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC212"
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240734 (CA) Buscema"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #3 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 DEC230720"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION #51 Cvr B Facsimile Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 51B"
NEW!
LIMITED COLLECTORS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #180 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230701 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC160 181A"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS #1 Facsimile var BLANK SKETCH Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230683 (W) Mantlo"
MICRONAUTS #1 Facs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #405 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC212 (CA) Mazzucchelli (W) Miller"
BATMAN #405 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON