This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Kurona wrote:It's... not really diversity, no. It's a stereotype. And as Sabrblade laid out, it is definitely not just the accent.
If you're tired of seeing criticism, fine. But if you're going to respond to it at least read what you're responding to.

Here is the thing that is how you guys see Drift but it's not how I see it from my point of view which is what I was trying to say.
You don't see the problems because you don't recognize them. I've likely experienced more Japanese culture and history than you have, having studied the language for two semesters, taken several courses on East Asian humanities and religions, and having done an oral presentation on the history and essential facets of Bushido. The way AOE portrayed Drift's character was a galling misrepresentation of Japanese lifestyle and heritage, more resembling the typical American ignorance of the culture seen in many Hollywood works and pop culture rather than anything authentic to the culture that the movie was trying to imitate with Drift. He was more of a caricature than anything else.

Agreed, just because you can't, or don't recognize something that's a stereotype, doesn't mean it's not there... The movie's are full of caricature-like stereotypes: the twins, the wreckers, crosshairs... just because it may not bother you, doesn't mean it doesn't bother or offend others, and it is a problem that plague's these movies.

People should stop being offended by everything. No one's threatening their lives. Why get mad?

Because it's perpetuating stereotypes... I'm not offended by any of it, but it is an issue >:oP

No, it isn't. ISIS is an issue. Ebola is an issue. A stereotypically Japanese character in a movie about robots that turn into cars is not an issue.

Jesus. We're getting dangerously Walky-esque in here. Don't be like that, Seibertron, you're better than this.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Delta Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Because it's perpetuating stereotypes... I'm not offended by any of it, but it is an issue >:oP

No, it isn't. ISIS is an issue. Ebola is an issue. A stereotypically Japanese character in a movie about robots that turn into cars is not an issue.

You must be the only person in the world that didn't have any problem with the twins then. Racial stereotypes ARE an issue. They may not be on the same level as terrorists and deadly viruses, but that's no reason to dismiss them. Just because they're robots doesn't make them exempt, not any more than the crows in Dumbo or various WWII propaganda toons from Warner Bros.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Emerje wrote:You must be the only person in the world that didn't have any problem with the twins then. Racial stereotypes ARE an issue. They may not be on the same level as terrorists and deadly viruses, but that's no reason to dismiss them. Just because they're robots doesn't make them exempt, not any more than the crows in Dumbo or various WWII propaganda toons from Warner Bros.

Emerje

I didn't have a problem with the Twins. I enjoyed them. In fact, I don't know a single black person who had a problem with the Twins, since apparently everyone's mad at them for stereotyping black people, even though people from literally every race act the way the Twins do. It's just a bunch of people pretending to be mad about some **** that no one they claim should be offended is actually getting offended about.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
SlyTF1 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
Because it's perpetuating stereotypes... I'm not offended by any of it, but it is an issue >:oP

You must be the only person in the world that didn't have any problem with the twins then. Racial stereotypes ARE an issue. They may not be on the same level as terrorists and deadly viruses, but that's no reason to dismiss them. Just because they're robots doesn't make them exempt, not any more than the crows in Dumbo or various WWII propaganda toons from Warner Bros.

Emerje

I didn't have a problem with the Twins. I enjoyed them. In fact, I don't know a single black person who had a problem with the Twins, since apparently everyone's mad at them for stereotyping black people. It's just a bunch of people pretending to be mad about some SHIZZLESNIT that no one they claim should be offended is actually getting offended about.

QFT. Myself I didn't have a problem with the Twins, mainly because I've got more pressing things to worry about than fictional characters being "offensive". Being offended is for the weak.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Getting upset about the twins is more racist than liking them. I only get upset about white guy stereotypes when someone else gets upset about it, and then I'm just upset at that person. I think liberal ideologies and such things have gone too far with the politically correct trash, and in turn made themselves incorrect in the long run, and have made people unnecessarily sensitive to things people didn't care about before. Is racism bad? Yes. Is a comedic imitation of another race bad? Not always. In fact, with characters such as Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars, it can't be racist because it was BY a black guy. Although Skids was voiced by Tom Kenny; a white guy; Mudflap was voiced by Reno Wilson, who is a black guy. Apparently he was racist to himself according to everyone's reaction.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Let me point out a fact here guys the Twins were not black they were street (or whatever you call that behavior) and I would like to point out that Skids was voiced by Tom Kenny who is white.

I see them as offensive but not racist they are the only ones who have a serious problem when it comes with their accent at least to me anyways.

While stereotypical I don't consider The Wreckers, Crosshairs or Drift to be offensive.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Hey guys I got some cool footage from Youtube that has Barricade, The Volkswagen truck and the Tow truck (in the end of the video where they are backing up).

I suspect they are backing up due to them meeting Megatron (who is rumored to be a jet) for the first time or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VET4_9Jbkqc

Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Delta Magnus wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:

Emerje

I didn't have a problem with the Twins. I enjoyed them. In fact, I don't know a single black person who had a problem with the Twins, since apparently everyone's mad at them for stereotyping black people. It's just a bunch of people pretending to be mad about some SHIZZLESNIT that no one they claim should be offended is actually getting offended about.

QFT. Myself I didn't have a problem with the Twins, mainly because I've got more pressing things to worry about than fictional characters being "offensive". Being offended is for the weak.

Too true. These days, everyone just loves to be up in arms about everything. You can't say or do anything without at least a hundred people coming for your throat.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Deadput wrote:Hey guys I got some cool footage from Youtube that has Barricade, The Volkswagen truck and the Tow truck (in the end of the video where they are backing up).

I suspect they are backing up due to them meeting Megatron (who is rumored to be a jet) for the first time or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VET4_9Jbkqc

I hope there are more Decepticon interaction scenes, like the scene on the Nemesis in ROTF, or Africa in DOTM. I just hope they're longer than a minute, and we get more that one in the movie.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:40 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:

Emerje

Too true. These days, everyone just loves to be up in arms about everything. You can't say or do anything without at least a hundred people coming for your throat.

Yeah I am so sick and tired of people constantly trying to be politically correct, and talking about "not hating", and then when someone disagrees with them about something, they freak out and want to murder you.

Anyway, That VW reminds me a lot of Mudflap or Skids. I am kinda wondering if it's possible that that could be one or both of the twins.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:47 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
Yeah I am so sick and tired of people constantly trying to be politically correct, and talking about "not hating", and then when someone disagrees with them about something, they freak out and want to murder you.

Anyway, That VW reminds me a lot of Mudflap or Skids. I am kinda wondering if it's possible that that could be one or both of the twins.

Why would it be the Twins?

I'm pretty sure they will never come back and even if they did why would they be Decepticons?

I'm sure they are dead they were going to die in DOTM so lets just say they were either killed offscreen or were killed by Cemetery Wind.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Deadput wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

Why would it be the Twins?

I'm pretty sure they will never come back and even if they did why would they be Decepticons?

I'm sure they are dead they were going to die in DOTM so lets just say they were either killed offscreen or were killed by Cemetery Wind.

Yeah but you never know with Michael Bay. Either it's a new character, or it's one of the twins.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Bradimus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Cemetery Wind is the answer to any Transformer that could be dead. >:oP
Bradimus
Pretender
Watch Bradimus on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:07 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
Yeah but you never know with Michael Bay. Either it's a new character, or it's one of the twins.

If Bay did not learn from his mistake with the Twins why would he have removed them from DOTM and all the parts they filmed with them?

Bay clearly knows the Twins were awful and that's the thing with Bay if he makes a mistake that people hated he usually does not repeat them

Peeing robot gone

Humping dogs gone

"Brownies" gone

Sams parents less screen time in DOTM

Those are just a view examples
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Exactly 365 days until The Last Knight.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
SlyTF1 wrote:Exactly 365 days until The Last Knight.

Make the countdown your signature
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:25 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

It probably would get him more popularity on the site... :lol:
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:40 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Too lazy to update it every day.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Allenspurs » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:45 am

Another update from tyrese Gibson 's Facebook and it looks like he's all but confirmed he's in the last knight..

https://m.facebook.com/tyrese/photos/a. ... &source=54
Allenspurs
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Watch Allenspurs on YouTube
Buy from Allenspurs on eBay

Transformers: The Last Knight: Tyrese Gibson Teasing Potential Return to Transformers on Facebook

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:02 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Ever since we learned that Lennox will be returning to the live action movies, everyone and anyone has expected Epps to join up with his partner-in-arms once more, and Tyrese Gibson has done us no favors with regards to him actually returning. In a Facebook post last night, he decided to throw us yet another bone but still won't confirm if he is in The Last Knight. But, it appears that he may be confirming something very soon. He posted an image of him in his gear from previous Transformers movies with the caption:

Tyrese Gibson wrote:3 guns - Not here o play any games with anybody /. ‪#‎TBT‬ I have some good news to share soon.......... Just know this.... I've seen everything you guys have posted about Epps..... I love you back!

Could this good news be his official return to Transformers? We'll find out soon enough!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Postby CommanderShadowmus » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:18 am

Nice Ford in the background! 8-)
CommanderShadowmus
Mini-Con
Watch CommanderShadowmus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:25 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
CommanderShadowmus wrote:Nice Ford in the background! 8-)
Man, even the hype for this movie can't escape product placement. :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ebonyleopard » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Motto: ""Never underestimate the stupid.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
He's one of the duo military human characters I've actually LIKED a lot in this movie franchise so for once, I actually can say I'd be glad if he's back.
ebonyleopard
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Transformers The Last Knight Additional Photo's From Filming In Phoenix

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Fellow Seibertronians, fellow user OptimalOptimus2 has brought to our attention some additional photo's of the filming in Phoenix, further on from the photo's in our last news article from the last day of filming in Phoenix. Below, you can check out what looks to be some action scene's as well as some images from several news broadcasts, that include a helicopter, as well as a load of SUV's and other vehicle's sporting a logo that we've seen on several other vehicles before. So check them out, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby conbot3 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:So, because he's a samurai played by a Japanese guy, he's obviously a stereotype. Right.
No, it's how he was played. He was given an exaggerated accent (Ken Watanabe does not sound in real life quite like how Drift sounded), he used Japanese terms that Americans know but only used them out of their proper meaning because of how pop culture has constantly used those terms incorrectly, he presented himself as a well-behaved bot of honor yet kept doing lot of disrespectful and dishonorable things throughout the movie, he spoke proverbs for no reason other than his having a Japanese motif as said proverbs never fit the context of the situations in which he spoke them and which only incited ill reactions from his teammates (particularly Crosshairs)... Drift is a far cry from a respective representation of a Japanese Samurai character. Beast Wars Dinobot, or even the character-less Swordbot Samurai Team members from Transformers Go!, were far more accurate expressions of how an actual Samurai would be like.

To be fair Drift was a Decepticon before joiming the Autobots so perhaps he hasn't had time to worry about the true meaning of honour!
conbot3
Mini-Con
Buy from conbot3 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 Decepticons Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221597 2A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #11 RI Retail Incentive 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 11RI"
TRANSFORMERS #11 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220510 4RI (CA) Khanna"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 MAY221567 3C (CA) Gauntt"
Transformers LAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON