This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby dragons » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:50 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:Bayverse timeline is already illogical in too many places.

The entire Transformers franchise is already illogical in too many places right from day one back in 1984...

This is very true plus till the movie comes out we won't know what needs explaining from AoE.

Though in my opinion the area where most questions will be centred on is the dinobots, as I'm where are they now.

Thank you beat me to it transformers series was always different with new series being released headmasters, beast wars, rid, armada, prime, animated
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:55 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Burn wrote:
Kurona wrote:Is this just like, gonna be a thing now? Just everyone hate the Transformers in every movie?

Given how much death and destruction they've caused, why would they be welcomed with open arms?

It's pretty much understandable, only so much of humanity would be welcoming if the tfs came in peace from the start, plenty of people would be afraid and start to hate. Just look at more down to earth real examples when people of different races mix. Especially when people believe that just because one small group cause trouble, they all must be trouble.

That's also not counting people using them as scapegoats for other problems.

It would take a large act to get people to look at them without fear but it may never go away.

Also good news about the dinobots :-)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:01 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:

The entire Transformers franchise is already illogical in too many places right from day one back in 1984...

At least they aren't as bad as the x-men movies with continuity. You gotta shut your brain off to ignore all the problems with those movies.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:03 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Randomhero wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

At least they aren't as bad as the x-men movies with continuity. You gotta shut your brain off to ignore all the problems with those movies.

I'm suddenly reminded of a quote from Deadpool :-P
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby SeventhSage » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:38 am

Oh great we're going with this story again. I thought the humans would have been able to get it through their tiny heads after 4 giant battles
SeventhSage
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:23 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
SeventhSage wrote:Oh great we're going with this story again. I thought the humans would have been able to get it through their tiny heads after 4 giant battles

4 giant battles where many thousands of innocent human beings lost their lives cos of a war between two giant alien factions?
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:59 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
SeventhSage wrote:Oh great we're going with this story again. I thought the humans would have been able to get it through their tiny heads after 4 giant battles

4 giant battles where many thousands of innocent human beings lost their lives cos of a war between two giant alien factions?

Yeah, but it's like Man of Steel, where human lives don't matter :-P

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Microraptor » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

The problem is that the humans are all "kill the autobots", when they have been fighting and dying to save their ungrateful afts. Some acknowledgement of the actual aggressors would be nice, but the humans are killing the bots for what other members of their species did. It's something that happens a lot in real life, but they still aren't justified.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Microraptor wrote:
The problem is that the humans are all "kill the autobots", when they have been fighting and dying to save their ungrateful afts. Some acknowledgement of the actual aggressors would be nice, but the humans are killing the bots for what other members of their species did. It's something that happens a lot in real life, but they still aren't justified.

Realistically we would of killed all of the Autobots by this point instead of working with them at all in a program like Nest.

Plus not all Humans hate them just a few civilians mostly those affected by the attacks and Cemetery Wind which was it's own rogue operation independent from the government mostly (otherwise how would they have gotten away with killing allies?)

We are Humans we are A-holes that tend to shun/kill everything we consider outsiders I mean I remember when I was a kid and until I was around grade 8 I was pretty racist and I kinda looked down on people with other skin color I have changed since but my point is that we tend to be bad.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Microraptor » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Deadput wrote:
Microraptor wrote:

Realistically we would of killed all of the Autobots by this point instead of working with them at all in a program like Nest.

Plus not all Humans hate them just a few civilians mostly those affected by the attacks and Cemetery Wind which was it's own rogue operation independent from the government mostly (otherwise how would they have gotten away with killing allies?)

We are Humans we are A-holes that tend to shun/kill everything we consider outsiders I mean I remember when I was a kid and until I was around grade 8 I was pretty racist and I kinda looked down on people with other skin color I have changed since but my point is that we tend to be bad.

I'm not arguing against it in terms of fiction, it's definitely more realistic. I just don't get why people out-of-universe complain about it.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Microraptor wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I'm sure they tried to kill some of the :CON:'s, but I bet that got pretty messy, what with the :CON:'s likely enjoying squishing humans :BOOM:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:57 pm

It's not like they hate the Autobots exclusively they hate all Cybertronians and are probably in the mind set that the military could defeat them without the Autobots and plus outside of those that witnessed the Autobots themselves most people don't really know how much the Autobots helped them.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:21 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I guess it annoys me a bit because I really prefer team-ups to conflict.
Like, yeah okay conflict makes sense; but it should be temporary and not necessarily the main focus - when it comes to what is essentially two good guys I do eventually like to see them team up.
For instance, Batman vs. Superman. Not the movie, I don't think anyone here wants to talk about that; just the general concept of those two fighting. The conflict makes a lot of sense - if they were meeting for the first time, it might come down to it due to their wildly different beliefs and philosophies. However, at the end of the day, they come to terms with their differences, learn to accept them and decide to battle with each other rather than against in order to take down the real threat.
That's what I like to see. Maybe it's not realistic to what actually happens in the real world, but that's the whole point - it's representative of what should happen in the real world. We should realise that despite our differences, we're better working together towards a certain goal; we essentially want the same thing; and our differences mean we can all bring something unique and positive to the table and to the discussion. That's why it's annoying for me to see humans constantly hating the aliens, whether Transformers or otherwise - sure, it makes sense; and I'd honestly be a little annoyed if it didn't happen at some point because yes, it's realistic for at least some conflict to exist beforehand. But there's gotta be a point where they understand that it's not what they should be doing.

... HOO boy I did not expect to get into my personal beliefs and philosophies on a live-action transformers movie thread haha. but yeah, tldr humans + transformers is way cooler and more interesting than humans vs transformers.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Burn » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Why wouldn't humanity hate these giant alien robots that have caused so much death and destruction?

Outside of the military, the rest of humanity probably has no idea about the different factions. They just see giant alien robots destroying cities and pyramids and countless lives lost.

And you expect people to be welcoming of that? Come on ... if a aliens turn up on your doorstep fighting each other, and you have no idea what the go is with them, are you really going to stand there and cheer one on?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Kurona wrote:I guess it annoys me a bit because I really prefer team-ups to conflict.
Like, yeah okay conflict makes sense; but it should be temporary and not necessarily the main focus - when it comes to what is essentially two good guys I do eventually like to see them team up.
For instance, Batman vs. Superman. Not the movie, I don't think anyone here wants to talk about that; just the general concept of those two fighting. The conflict makes a lot of sense - if they were meeting for the first time, it might come down to it due to their wildly different beliefs and philosophies. However, at the end of the day, they come to terms with their differences, learn to accept them and decide to battle with each other rather than against in order to take down the real threat.
That's what I like to see. Maybe it's not realistic to what actually happens in the real world, but that's the whole point - it's representative of what should happen in the real world. We should realise that despite our differences, we're better working together towards a certain goal; we essentially want the same thing; and our differences mean we can all bring something unique and positive to the table and to the discussion. That's why it's annoying for me to see humans constantly hating the aliens, whether Transformers or otherwise - sure, it makes sense; and I'd honestly be a little annoyed if it didn't happen at some point because yes, it's realistic for at least some conflict to exist beforehand. But there's gotta be a point where they understand that it's not what they should be doing.

... HOO boy I did not expect to get into my personal beliefs and philosophies on a live-action transformers movie thread haha. but yeah, tldr humans + transformers is way cooler and more interesting than humans vs transformers.

...are you stealing my thoughts?

I always believe that we're stronger together then we are divided But we still have to face reality, which is that the majority of people won't behave or believe that and thus people would complain if people in the movies were so understanding.

I do believe this is however, something that's crept into movies this past two decades, had this been an 80s and early nineties movie it would be more optimistic.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:39 pm

The government has also never hyped up the Autobots to be heroes in universe all people seem to know is there are two factions and one of them simply is not aggressively attacking them.

In the movies The Autobots don't have action figures or comics based around them.

Compare it to when in Halo The Elites joined up with the Humans yet they weren't completely trusted yet.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby primematrix1986 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Looks good, don't get me wrong...but I look at this as a missed opportunity to bring in Soundblaster. Soundwave was a Mercedes SLS BMG (from what I remember). Paint the car black, change it some, and boom - Soundblaster.
primematrix1986
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch primematrix1986 on YouTube
Buy from primematrix1986 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:56 pm

The halo example isn't really apt as the elites switched sides towards the end of that war, after they had already been quite content killing humans for a while.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:16 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:The halo example isn't really apt as the elites switched sides towards the end of that war, after they had already been quite content killing humans for a while.

I guess but what I was trying to go with was that they western trusted despite helping humanity end the war.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Are there going to be 'Megatron Obey' and a 'Soundwave Superior' posters? :CON: :D
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:44 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
primematrix1986 wrote:Looks good, don't get me wrong...but I look at this as a missed opportunity to bring in Soundblaster. Soundwave was a Mercedes SLS BMG (from what I remember). Paint the car black, change it some, and boom - Soundblaster.
That deco has already been done in toy form.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Kurona » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
primematrix1986 wrote:Looks good, don't get me wrong...but I look at this as a missed opportunity to bring in Soundblaster. Soundwave was a Mercedes SLS BMG (from what I remember). Paint the car black, change it some, and boom - Soundblaster.
That deco has already been done in toy form.

That's... surprising. They went with a Soundblaster homage instead of a G1-accurate Soundwave homage?

Not that I'm complaining, looks great
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Kurona wrote:That's... surprising. They went with a Soundblaster homage instead of a G1-accurate Soundwave homage?

Not that I'm complaining, looks great
Though, the ROTF Soundwave toy got both a blue redeco (twice) and a black redeco.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
The true nature of man is hate. Look at every side of every conflict in human history. No matter what side you on, your motives are dictated by hate. Why should a movie portray mankind as anything more or less?
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
SlyTF1 wrote:The true nature of man is hate. Look at every side of every conflict in human history. No matter what side you on, your motives are dictated by hate. Why should a movie portray mankind as anything more or less?

Just some fact checking here real quick, most wars in the real world start because of capital and resources, then hate is used to further conflict. Just like the transformers civil war.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 FCBD Dreamwave Comics 2003 Free Comic Book Day (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 0224IM322 8C (CA) Araújo +O’Halloran"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200534 24B (CA) Powell 221205"
TRANSFORMERS #24 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB229537 1C (CA) Spence"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210676 5B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM385 3A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #11 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 11A (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS #11 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #21 RI IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 21RI MAR200702 (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS #21 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 Brokenshire"
Transformers FATE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON