This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
YoungPrime wrote:I have no love for these movies.

If Bay-turtles pt 2 has any inkling of the future (moviegoers growing weary of crappy big budget action films), then I'm expecting this film to do less than the last Bayformers film.

Plus there are better alternatives next June.

Good for you don't turn this thread into a negative off topic crap storm like you did on Tfw2005.

Bay was not the director of turtles stop it with this false crap he was the producer.

Why do you even care anyways Young Prime the only posts I see with you anywhere on any site are negative bull crap that pulls everyone else down and starts arguments learn to control your mouth.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Burn » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Deadput wrote:Good for you don't turn this thread into a negative off topic crap storm like you did on Tfw2005.

Because your post is really going to help stop that.

So yeah ... let's keep it about The Last Knight. Keep the personal attacks out of it.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby breacher » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Motto: ""tank beats everything!""
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
So when he says "teaser", does he mean just another purple and red face with heavy breathing, or an actual, at least half-asses, teaser TRAILER? If it's just another stupid face I'm done. :-x
breacher
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
breacher wrote:So when he says "teaser", does he mean just another purple and red face with heavy breathing, or an actual, at least half-asses, teaser TRAILER? If it's just another stupid face I'm done. :-x

Frankly I think the notion of these "teaser trailers" are stupid. A trailer for a trailer for a movie? ugh ...
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby YoungPrime » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Deadput wrote:

If Bay-turtles pt 2 has any inkling of the future (moviegoers growing weary of crappy big budget action films), then I'm expecting this film to do less than the last Bayformers film.

Good for you don't turn this thread into a negative off topic crap storm like you did on Tfw2005.

Bay was not the director of turtles stop it with this false crap he was the producer.

Why do you even care anyways Young Prime the only posts I see with you anywhere on any site are negative bull crap that pulls everyone else down and starts arguments learn to control your mouth.

What... is it that simple?

FYI, Bay-turtles is under Platinum Dunes which is owned by Bay which flopped last Summer so my point that people are growing weary of lame big budget films still stands. If you don't like it then don't read #practicewhatupreach!
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Burn wrote:
breacher wrote:So when he says "teaser", does he mean just another purple and red face with heavy breathing, or an actual, at least half-asses, teaser TRAILER? If it's just another stupid face I'm done. :-x

Frankly I think the notion of these "teaser trailers" are stupid. A trailer for a trailer for a movie? ugh ...
Better than the teaser for the teaser for the Fantastic Beasts movie - that was abject bs :HEADHURTS:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Kurona » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
It makes sense. People have developed hype for trailers these days - and, admittedly, I do get excited for trailers of things I like - so cashing in on that for creating trailers/teasers for those trailers makes financial sense.

Still dumb though.

Unless you're making it like, a sort of series of trailers that forms a coherent story as supplemental fiction to the thing itself? But then that's more like a prequel. I could go for more movie trailers being prequels.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Burn » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:29 pm

YoungPrime wrote:
Deadput wrote:

What... is it that simple?

FYI, Bay-turtles is under Platinum Dunes which is owned by Bay which flopped last Summer so my point that people are growing weary of lame big budget films still stands. If you don't like it then don't read #practicewhatupreach!

What part of keep it about The Last Knight did you fail to understand?
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Deadput » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:56 pm

Burn wrote:What part of keep it about The Last Knight did you fail to understand?

What do you expect out of continuously disrespecting fandom in the movie forum?

I honestly believe unless someone is part of the site staff any movie thread should be permanently locked since no one has anything good to say anyways never have for the last few years.

Just going to leave it at that not saying anything else.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Burn » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:53 am

Deadput wrote:Just going to leave it at that not saying anything else.

Clearly you have a problem with following staff direction as well. Have a warning.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Tyrannacon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:37 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I'm really not excited for the teaser of the teaser really. I really don't get on the hype train either there unless it is something I can physically own. I'm excited about Megatron being back of course, kinda mixed over dropping the Galvatron name though I do prefer Megatron over Galvatron in the end depending on the continuity.

I doubt the fifth film will be too terribly thought provoking or cerebral. Frankly it'll probably be picked apart by something like CinemaSins or like that in the end like the previous films. I do hope it will be intelligent enough to at least be enjoyable with the 10 foot rule. I do feel like with the latest rumors and what not the films are trying to reinvent itself in a way. AoE did try to a bit as well I feel. Whether or not it was successful with it is entirely something else.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:11 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Tyrannacon wrote:I'm really not excited for the teaser of the teaser really. I really don't get on the hype train either there unless it is something I can physically own. I'm excited about Megatron being back of course, kinda mixed over dropping the Galvatron name though I do prefer Megatron over Galvatron in the end depending on the continuity.

I doubt the fifth film will be too terribly thought provoking or cerebral. Frankly it'll probably be picked apart by something like CinemaSins or like that in the end like the previous films. I do hope it will be intelligent enough to at least be enjoyable with the 10 foot rule. I do feel like with the latest rumors and what not the films are trying to reinvent itself in a way. AoE did try to a bit as well I feel. Whether or not it was successful with it is entirely something else.

I'm just sticking to hoping for some solid basic narrative essentials, good, coherent plot, fleshed out characters - something that shows that the 'writers room' worked and was worth it, if it can accomplish something like that, I can start to get my hopes up and look to the future, but I won't write this one off until I see for myself that nothing has changed :-s
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby JazZeke » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:15 am

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:I'm really not excited for the teaser of the teaser really. I really don't get on the hype train either there unless it is something I can physically own. I'm excited about Megatron being back of course, kinda mixed over dropping the Galvatron name though I do prefer Megatron over Galvatron in the end depending on the continuity.

I'm just sticking to hoping for some solid basic narrative essentials, good, coherent plot, fleshed out characters - something that shows that the 'writers room' worked and was worth it, if it can accomplish something like that, I can start to get my hopes up and look to the future, but I won't write this one off until I see for myself that nothing has changed :-s

I wish I could believe this "writers room" was a good idea, but considering Hasbro put the guy who wrote Batman and Robin in charge of it... it sounds like a frypan-fire situation.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:18 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Writing and characterisation isn't really what you go to see a Bay movie for. If you wanna see some really impressive CGI, some things blow up and a lot of action which will probably be as recycled from previous movies like all the other movies' action has been? Go for it. But you're not very likely to find anything resembling an interesting story or character.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby YoungPrime » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:34 am

Kurona wrote:Writing and characterisation isn't really what you go to see a Bay movie for. If you wanna see some really impressive CGI, some things blow up and a lot of action which will probably be as recycled from previous movies like all the other movies' action has been? Go for it. But you're not very likely to find anything resembling an interesting story or character.

I can agree with that.

Don't have to like it though....Flash over substance is losing its luster especially with studios proving that both can be achieved in blockbuster films these days... Doubt this upcoming Teaser will make me a liar but if it does then honestly I guess we all win.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Deadput » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:24 pm

JazZeke wrote:I wish I could believe this "writers room" was a good idea, but considering Hasbro put the guy who wrote Batman and Robin in charge of it... it sounds like a frypan-fire situation.

Not true that guys has been removed from Transformers 5 not the writers room completely but he has no involvement with Transformers 5 anyways.

That or the Bee movie can't remember what the news said exactly.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Tyrannacon » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:44 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
JazZeke wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I wish I could believe this "writers room" was a good idea, but considering Hasbro put the guy who wrote Batman and Robin in charge of it... it sounds like a frypan-fire situation.

Honestly, this is really how I feel. I do feel like the sequels are slow to improve, but certain aspects do make it better with each new sequel made. It's just going at a very marginal pace to improve overall. I don't know who's fault that specifically is at this point. Whether it is Hasbro, Bay, or the writers and it could be all of them having a hand in the slow to change aspect.

Looking for more in these films beyond them being action movies/popcorn summer flicks is kind of like looking for uplifting, constructive, and civil comments in the section below on YouTube videos.

Kurona wrote:Writing and characterisation isn't really what you go to see a Bay movie for. If you wanna see some really impressive CGI, some things blow up and a lot of action which will probably be as recycled from previous movies like all the other movies' action has been? Go for it. But you're not very likely to find anything resembling an interesting story or character.

Yep, this is accurate. It doesn't make it a no-go though both for those that appreciate those kinds of movies and even the general public though. I can appreciate popcorn movies, we all can. I do feel like the day we get a cerebral TF film domestically is the day we'll get one with humans otherwise less involved to not at all.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:57 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Meant to put this here:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Transformers: The Last Knight Clip of 'Room Roll' with Laura Haddock, Mark Wahlberg

Postby Va'al » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:10 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
This week's update from the official Transformers Facebook page - even though most shooting for Transformers: The Last Knight is now over - comes in the form of one of the machines used in the physical effects for the movie, even with the presence of green screen around it. Michael Bay takes cast members Mark Wahlberg and Laura Haddock for a spin in the clip below, check it out!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:24 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
[taken from another thread]
Kurona wrote:Was Galvatron crazy? He basically just seemed the same as Megatron in the previous movies.

We was still kinda trying to get himself together for a while from what I remember. He at least wasn't his normal self for a while. In the previous movies he was more about intimidation and domination, while him as Galvatron seemed more "I gonna kill you! RAHR! I HAVE NO SOUL!"

Now that I think about it, since there seems to be a lot of time jumping in this movie, is it possible that Knight Megatron in this movie is actually him in the medieval times, and he's still Galvatron in modern times? Wouldn't it be cool to see past and present Megatron fighting together?
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Skill: 8

Transformers: The Last Knight 'The Last Night' Clip

Postby Va'al » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:00 am

Some more news from Paramount's official YouTube account, as they share a clip of a wrap up party ..for the vehicles involved in the filming of Transformers: The Last Knight. That's correct, the cars used for the alt-modes of Bumblebee, Crosshairs and Barricade had a bit of fashionable shindig, with photo ops but no comment. Check out 'The Last Night' clip below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby BluePhirePB » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:03 am

Damn, those girls were hot!
BluePhirePB
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Transformers: The Last Knight Thank You Video

Postby Va'al » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Is it over over for the filming of Transformers: The Last Knight? (Yes.) Director Michael Bay has taken to his own social media to thank cast and crew and London, as he heads back to the US, but the rest of the cast, from Anthony Hopkins, Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel to Santiago Cabrera and Laura Haddock, also took some time to thank the shooting location, its people and more. Check out the video below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby PeterPrime » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Actually having watched the video, I think I saw Dino/Mirage's alt mode with Bumblebee and Hot Rod.
PeterPrime
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
PeterPrime wrote:Actually having watched the video, I think I saw Dino/Mirage's alt mode with Bumblebee and Hot Rod.
You saw a red Ferrari?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZJ foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247412 1ZJ Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics DEC221448 2B (CA) Eastman +Bishop"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr D IDW Comics 2023 MAY231441 1D (CA) Gorham"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr F 1:10 Boom Studios Comics FEB230325 5F (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr E Boom Studios Comics 2023 NOV220377 2E (CA) Clarke"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr E 1:25 virgin IDW Comics 2023 JUN231496 2E (CA) Pe"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr U 1:40 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240208 3U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr E 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231435 3E (CA) Beals"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #149 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics 2024 JAN241249 149C Turtles Ongoing Wijngaard"
NEW!
TMNT #149 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #5 Cvr E 1:50 RI IDW Comics MAY231429 5E Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #129 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220497 129A Mutant Ninja Turtles (CA) Tunica"
TMNT #129 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr H foil virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240112 2H (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON