This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby karyuudo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Here's what we got at the event. Poster and USB key.
Attachments
IMG_20170404_2033508.jpg
Poster
IMG_20170404_2033294.jpg
Envelope
IMG_20170404_2033100.jpg
USB key
Check out our projects at Karyuudo Fansubs at our Blogspot http://tinyurl.com/hxjgclm/
Check us out on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/ht6jcf9, featuring the following series subtitled in English:
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Transformers Car Robots
Transformers Zone
karyuudo
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch karyuudo on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Arsnof » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Prowl4 wrote:Friend of mine went to the event. Said hot rods French accent is awful and he gave that feedback to paramount.

Is it wrong that I can see MTMTE Hot Rod doing that accent on purpose just because he thinks it makes him sound fancier?
Arsnof
Mini-Con
Watch Arsnof on YouTube

Postby Kurona » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Arsnof wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Friend of mine went to the event. Said hot rods French accent is awful and he gave that feedback to paramount.

Is it wrong that I can see MTMTE Hot Rod doing that accent on purpose just because he thinks it makes him sound fancier?

The dude heard the name 'Rodimus', thought it sounded cool and named himself that after all of 2 seconds thought. He is exactly the type of person who would do that :lol:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Spent 6 to 7 hours on the road just to see the 30 minutes of footage, and it was worth it. I only have one gripe, but it's a persistent gripe. It seems like they're going back to the first 3 movies, where every character is a comedic relief character. AOE is my favorite for many reasons, but one of those reasons is because they moved away from that.

Make that 2 gripes: the fact that everyone is comedic relief, and Hot Rod's accent. That is all.

Also, that was definitely Starscream's head Megatron was holding.

Oh, and is the event I went to the only one that handed out free Transformers T-shirts?
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:Spent 6 to 7 hours on the road just to see the 30 minutes of footage, and it was worth it. I only have one gripe, but it's a persistent gripe. It seems like they're going back to the first 3 movies, where every character is a comedic relief character. AOE is my favorite for many reasons, but one of those reasons is because they moved away from that.
But Lucas, Shane, and Joshua were comic relief characters as well.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
SlyTF1 wrote:Spent 6 to 7 hours on the road just to see the 30 minutes of footage, and it was worth it. I only have one gripe, but it's a persistent gripe. It seems like they're going back to the first 3 movies, where every character is a comedic relief character. AOE is my favorite for many reasons, but one of those reasons is because they moved away from that.

Make that 2 gripes: the fact that everyone is comedic relief, and Hot Rod's accent. That is all.

Aw ****! I too really liked AOE for that step in the right direction. It was what i was but without the need to always make us laugh. These arent comedies, they are big awesome sci fi action films, comedy is not the main element. Its perfectly fine in small doese (like Stanley Tucci and those older chinese women) but not as the main element alwys around. SO I was glad that was done for.
But this means its back to that, aaargh. Hopefully they used those parts because there wasnt much spoilerish stuff in that footage and what we preffer will still be in the film more. Here's hoping.

Glad you found that drive worth it though ;)^
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

Lucas paid for his sins :twisted:

And Joshua was legitimately funny. Unlike John Malkovich :SICK:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Sabrblade wrote:

That's not everyone.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That's not everyone.
Nor was "everyone" from the first three comic relief either.

Lennox, Epps, Mikaela, Simmons (in the first movie only), John Keller, Maggie, Tom Banachek, Morshower, Galloway (for most of his scenes, only his last two scenes were comic relief), Carly, Mearing, and Dylan Gould were all main characters who weren't comic relief.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Aw ****! I too really liked AOE for that step in the right direction. It was what i was but without the need to always make us laugh. These arent comedies, they are big awesome sci fi action films, comedy is not the main element. Its perfectly fine in small doese (like Stanley Tucci and those older chinese women) but not as the main element alwys around. SO I was glad that was done for.
But this means its back to that, aaargh. Hopefully they used those parts because there wasnt much spoilerish stuff in that footage and what we preffer will still be in the film more. Here's hoping.

Glad you found that drive worth it though ;)^

I'm thinking that's why they chose those scenes too, so nothing major is spoiled. A lot of the scenes were choppy and unfinished, and there were even a few shots where the CGI was still in its beginning stages.

And aside from the scene where he's played for comedic relief, I really liked Cogman. I already want to see him get his own spinoff, since that's what they're doing.

They barely showed any of Optimus, but when they did, he was either getting his ass beat by Bumblebee or the other knights.

But the shot that really sticks with me out of all of this is the shot of Megatron holding Starscream's head. That got me the most excited. There's another shot that got me excited, and it's of Hot Rod falling through some kind of Cybertronian structure. It reminded me of the end of the 86' movie when Hot Rod and Galvatron were inside of Unicron.

And I don't want to spoil this, but there's a mention of the Witwicky family line that has some interesting implications.

Bumblebee and Hot Rod shooting up the Nazi camp was also cool.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Deadput » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:20 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Just got back from seeing the movie with all the cool goodies I went there with 4 people including myself and a friend in one group and then my Mum and sis in the second I also went there wearing my Allspark shard necklace souvenir from Universal Studios.

I have not been this excited for any movie like this in a long time I got the very rare moment for me where you feel warm in your "heart" and being so excited you almost feel nervous it made me feel alive.

I remember why I love these movies in the first place... their entertaining and give good memories I forgotten what that felt like since Aoe while good to me still had some problems so I didn't feel the "magic" that time around heck my own mother is excited to see this movie too since she loves knights and has read stories about them in her youth and it helps that she loves Mark Wahlberg as an actor also me and her have always went to the theater to watch them for every single one and she was already a fan of Prime, Bee and Crosshairs while this time around she instantly likes Hot Rod and Cogman but she still hates Hound because she hates John Goodman because she hates his acting and voice.

The visuals were stunning even with some of them unfinished and I can't wait to see it in 3d Imax it's definitely a vast improvement over AOE and more like DOTM which was an excellent movie experience in both 3d and 2d.

When the Paromount official was taking "suggestions" from us after the even I gave my thoughts on what to do for the future and she wrote them down.

1: Loved how they are bringing events from previous movies and binding them together and I said I would love to see some more of it such as what happened to characters who did not show up again like Sideswipe and Dino (I made sure I mentioned those two), 2: I mentioned how I think a good idea is to continue making new characters with new names like Cogman while bringing characters with classic names like Hot Rod. 3: Mentioned how I would love to see even more variety with some of the vehicles like what was shown at this event, 4: More Decepticons especially if they have character like the Autobots from Aoe and this film, 5: Mentioned how a great idea for the next film would be a contest to get a role as an extra or even perhaps a voice actor for a minor Transformer if they have the experience.

All in all I loved this event with my only problem being that some kids use the B word in the movie which shocked me but I don't personally care but others might also the overuse of the word "****" not because of the word itself since at this point I don't even think it's that bad a word anymore but it feels like someone says it every 5 seconds.

I really loved the lore of this everything about the knight stuff was absolutely amazing and is something that is pretty cool and has not been done in Transformers before and I love how some knights of the round table were Cybertronian it's a great touch.

Finally I want to say this... Hot Rod's accent is supposed to be awful that's the point even Hot Rod says he hates it but he can't just help himself anyways I thought him and Cogman were great new characters and I can't wait to see more of them and I also love how Crosshairs seems to be having a bigger role this time around since he is leading in Bee's absence which is some nice subtle character development from him considering AOE and how he was at the end of that film with him obviously having some new found respect.

I would love to meet Bay someday he seems like a really cool guy and I do want to thank him for making the movies not for being good because of deep storytelling or amazing characters but for being a great entertaining experience that even my family can love which is the best I can hope for I honestly think this is going to be the best one yet and that's not completely because of bias I mean I wouldn't write this darn long post otherwise.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
And I don't want to spoil this, but there's a mention of the Witwicky family line that has some interesting implications.

At this point I think it's safe to say that Anthony Hopkin's character is a Witwicky since he met Bee as a kid or the Witwicky's were decedents of one of the Knights anyways I loved how the line was used here

Also unrelated but wanted to mention this to anybody who did were not able to attend but want to know about the Tank guy Tank bot does not have a top hat it's more like a helmet that resembles a military hat and he kinda has a Hound vibe but no Beard or "fat" but he does have a monacle which we don't really see on his face since it falls off of him.

His name is not stated nor does he talk (clearly anyways) but the word "Bulldog" is on his tank form so that could be his name since that would go good with Hound.

Hound and Bulldog... I like that.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:32 am

Deadput wrote:All in all I loved this event with my only problem being that some kids use the B word in the movie which shocked me but I don't personally care but others might also the overuse of the word "****" not because of the word itself since at this point I don't even think it's that bad a word anymore but it feels like someone says it every 5 seconds.

Oh yeah, that's another gripe of mine. Every other sentence, it was "****" this and "****" that. It seemed to me like at least some of it would be edited in the final cut, but from what they showed us, there was a lot of "****"ting going on in this movie.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Deadput » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:34 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
Deadput wrote:All in all I loved this event with my only problem being that some kids use the B word in the movie which shocked me but I don't personally care but others might also the overuse of the word "****" not because of the word itself since at this point I don't even think it's that bad a word anymore but it feels like someone says it every 5 seconds.

Oh yeah, that's another gripe of mine. Every other sentence, it was "****" this and "****" that. It seemed to me like at least some of it would be edited in the final cut, but from what they showed us, there was a lot of "****"ting going on in this movie.

One could say it was quite the **** storm just like the nonexistent lost Seeker :-D . ( I realize there are censors on this site but the word is not being used negatively and I don't think an unassuming child would be able to understand while we older folk will be able to get it)
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:05 am

Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

One could say it was quite the **** storm just like the nonexistent lost Seeker :-D . ( I realize there are censors on this site but the word is not being used negatively and I don't think an unassuming child would be able to understand while we older folk will be able to get it)
Until this third post clarified that it was the S-word, I thought y'all were referring to the F-bomb. :oops:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:43 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Oh $#!+! What are we gonna do now?

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:53 am

This is by far the best profanity in Transfomers I have ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y&t=11s

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Arsnof » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:56 am

SlyTF1 wrote:...But the shot that really sticks with me out of all of this is the shot of Megatron holding Starscream's head. That got me the most excited...

So...

As for all the swearing from kids, that's just a bad trend in recent kids' movies. Or, if not kids' movies, movies that are aimed at a younger generation. How many swears did Spider-Man spin in Civil War? Heck, with Power Rangers alone there was a ton of swearing, PLUS it opens up with an extended joke about someone accidentally masturbating a bull. That's not what I would consider appropriate for the intended audience, but I guess it's the norm nowadays.
Arsnof
Mini-Con
Watch Arsnof on YouTube

Micheal Bay Talks Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX Featurette

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:46 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
The UK Paramount Pictures Youtube page has uploaded a new 2 minute long video where Micheal Bay talks about shooting the film in IMAX 3D. Transformers: The Last Knight is the first film to shoot entirely in IMAX 3D, and Bay says he loves 3D and IMAX and wants to keep both industries alive. He is willing to spend the extra $10-15 million to shoot in this style so the film looks as good as possible. He also mentions how he wants to go out with a bang and this film is certainly shaping up to be a scorcher!

Check out the featurette video below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:58 pm

"I keep saying this is my last one..."

Yeah, yeah, like Hasbro will ever let Bay go. He's too valuable for them to relinquish him.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby karyuudo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Sabrblade wrote:"I keep saying this is my last one..."

Yeah, yeah, like Hasbro will ever let Bay go. He's too valuable for them to relinquish him.

I agree with you on this. Bay will be back for another Transformer movie so long as it's profitable for Hasbro's franchise and for the Execs at Paramount.

If there's one thing I respect Bay for, it's for promoting the IMAX camera tech, and for trying to push folks to go to the theater and experience the movies there.
Check out our projects at Karyuudo Fansubs at our Blogspot http://tinyurl.com/hxjgclm/
Check us out on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/ht6jcf9, featuring the following series subtitled in English:
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Transformers Car Robots
Transformers Zone
karyuudo
Micromaster

Postby karyuudo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:15 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:

I wasn't too sure myself who's head he was holding. The clip was too quick to get a good look. I was assuming it was his old head that he perhaps just scanned since he then turned towards the camera and then put up his battle mask.
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Transformers Car Robots
Transformers Zone
karyuudo
Micromaster

Postby Seibertron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:19 pm

karyuudo wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

I wasn't too sure myself who's head he was holding. The clip was too quick to get a good look. I was assuming it was his old head that he perhaps just scanned since he then turned towards the camera and then put up his battle mask.

It's Starscream's head. I think Bay put that brief scene in at my suggestion at the fan event, which made me pretty happy last night. There's more story about Starscream's head but I'll leave that spoiler quiet for now. ;)
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Deadput » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Seibertron wrote:
karyuudo wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

It's Starscream's head. I think Bay put that brief scene in at my suggestion at the fan event, which made me pretty happy last night. There's more story about Starscream's head but I'll leave that spoiler quiet for now. ;)

Uh wow I uh while I don't think your suggesting he comes back or anything I um wow.

Not sure if unsubtle or not.

Anyways I posted some questions back a few pages ago but I'll just PM them to you.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Seibertron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Deadput wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
karyuudo wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Uh wow I uh while I don't think your suggesting he comes back or anything I um wow.

Not sure if unsubtle or not.

Anyways I posted some questions back a few pages ago but I'll just PM them to you.

Happy to answer questions if I can. Please re-post instead of PM. Thanks!
Seibertron
Site Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON