This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
WreckerJack wrote:
Deadput wrote:Here is a bigger image from EW's website.

Now that I think about it, it looks like she's holding a broadsword. At first I had assumed Hot Rod was handing her a flower and she was hitting it with a sword because she was not willing to accept it. Though the way he is crouched could suggest he is holding a broom or something so she can learn to use the sword. Not many flowers are that big. So unless he is giving her a sunflower, he is helping her train to fight.

It's a cane. They showed this footage at the fan event. She's attacking Hot Rod because she's basically been kidnapped by him.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Va'al » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
SlyTF1 wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
Deadput wrote:Here is a bigger image from EW's website.

Now that I think about it, it looks like she's holding a broadsword. At first I had assumed Hot Rod was handing her a flower and she was hitting it with a sword because she was not willing to accept it. Though the way he is crouched could suggest he is holding a broom or something so she can learn to use the sword. Not many flowers are that big. So unless he is giving her a sunflower, he is helping her train to fight.

It's a cane. They showed this footage at the fan event. She's attacking Hot Rod because she's basically been kidnapped by him.

Nope. See below.

karyuudo wrote:She's holding a polo stick. http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/252145782 ... -l1000.jpg

If my memory served me correct, Hot Rod basically kidnapped her and brought her to the castle. When he gets there he transforms, and Vivian Wembley falls out of the car and basically is wailing a polo stick at him.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby President-prime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Do we care if it's a club, broadsword, polo stick, or a hot dog. Transformers, guys, transformers.
Per our prior discussion. Transformers need a new mascot. Bumblebee has got his audience and will be spinning off. The Transformers franchise needs to replace an element for younger audience when bumblebee leaves to bring Hasbro and paramount more money on his own. I personally think Hot Rod is that element, hence the resemblance so kids and fans don't get turned off from a completely different character
President-prime
Fuzor
Buy from President-prime on eBay

Postby President-prime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Just don't kill off Optimus and I'm happy:)
President-prime
Fuzor

Postby Deadput » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

New Image Of Megatron From - Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby WreckerJack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Fellow Seibertronian Deadput has discovered this new picture of Megatron from the upcoming movie. He looks just like his action figure that was revealed to us at Toyfair earlier this year. If you want to see more images from Transformers: The Last Knight, some pictures of Hot Rod are also available for your viewing pleasure.

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby YRQRM0 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Looks like the "Humans come to negotiate and they join forces to fight evil Optimus" scene ;)
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Deadput wrote:Do you guys like Megatron?

https://twitter.com/AutobotsGeneral/status/856190517981392896

Whoa, that gives a really cool sense of scale. Love it!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 52
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Lennox is in the picture as well so this must be part of the scene where he meets Megatron in the desert.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Deadput wrote:Lennox is in the picture as well so this must be part of the scene where he meets Megatron in the desert.
Makes sense. A previous interview or interviews did describe him and Cade being on opposing sides at first.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7

Postby #Sideways# » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Motto: "Wake up. Wake up and smell the ashes."
Weapon: Dual Compression Cannons
Hey, you know what this design reminds me of, actually? Straxus. His head sculpt, his body style... Frell, even his sword looks like a pickaxe.

Maybe I'm just crazy. :lol:
Check out my YouTube for my Transformers Trading Card Game lists, gameplay and general thoughts on the game!
#Sideways#
Godmaster
News Credits: 62
Watch #Sideways# on YouTube
Alt Mode: Motorcycle
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: Infinity
Skill: 7

Postby Deadput » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:Lennox is in the picture as well so this must be part of the scene where he meets Megatron in the desert.
Makes sense. A previous interview or interviews did describe him and Cade being on opposing sides at first.

It's either that or Lennox is trying to talk Megatron into helping in the fight agianst murder-Prime.

I mean Evil murder-Prime not the one we already know eh?
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby President-prime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Just don't kill optimus
President-prime
Fuzor

Postby President-prime » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 pm

If they do, I will stop collecting transformers. I stopped in1986 for 10 years. Don't want another relapse, and I'm old. It's easy to discourage an old guy to stop spending money when he's not happy :)
President-prime
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 pm

President-prime wrote:Just don't kill optimus
They can't kill him off permanently for two reasons: 1) Marketing value, and 2) Peter Cullen.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MadProject » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:25 am

Weapon: Sword
looks like the movie section of the site is on live!

https://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/m ... ast-knight
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Big Grim » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:45 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
I gotta admit, I'm liking Megatron more and more in this flick.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Plastic Hero » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 am

Motto: ""When all hope seems lost, look up. Because THAT is when heroes will rise.""
Anyone here know of any brick n mortar stores in Utah that have been confirmed to have TLK figures in stock? I checked some websites, but often the physical stores won't have the products on the shelves despite the sites having them available for order. Plez Hahlp...
Plastic Hero
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Watch Plastic Hero on YouTube
Alt Mode: 1970 mustang boss 302
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Clockwork Animations wrote:Anyone here know of any brick n mortar stores in Utah that have been confirmed to have TLK figures in stock? I checked some websites, but often the physical stores won't have the products on the shelves despite the sites having them available for order. Plez Hahlp...

A fellow fan reported finding the following:

I found the Tiny Turbo Changers at a Walmart in Ogden, Utah today. They retail for $2.97.

Also, HTS has them online right now for the same price as toysrus if you are interested:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... hop/37892/

You could order them now, get the free shipping and have them in a few days without worrying about not finding them at retail or spending more time/gaz.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Plastic Hero » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 am

Motto: ""When all hope seems lost, look up. Because THAT is when heroes will rise.""
Yeh, I knew HTS,BTTS, and some other online stores and I've used BBTS before, I just wanted to check. I may just have to order them. Thanks for your help, man.
Plastic Hero
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Watch Plastic Hero on YouTube
Alt Mode: 1970 mustang boss 302
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Possible Plot Point Revealed in Japanese Title for Transformers: The last Knight

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
While we had seen the boxes for the Takara Transformers: The Last Knight toys a while back, we only got a really good look at them today. We see that they are just the Hasbro boxes with stickers (like what happened with the first movie toys). However, now that we see the stickers up close, we see something we never saw before: Kanji. You see, every single time before, the name of the film was in Katakana, the bigger Japanese letters you see. However, below these letters, we have different Japanese writing in Kanji and instead of just having the English title phonetically translated, you actually have a Japanese title. And it's a different title than the English one we see on the box. Instead of it being The Last Knight (which is what TLK stands for), they write The Last Knight King. Could this change in title for Japan give a further hint at the plot of the film? Like not only is it a knight, but there is also a royalty angle or a superiority to the other knights?

Below is the technical explanation regarding the name translation pattern of the previous movie toylines from Sabreblade followed by an example of the Katakana and Kanji found on the boxes.

Sabrblade wrote:Anyone else notice that the Japanese logo for the movie doesn't have any Katakana in its subheading?

Of the previous four films, all three of the sequels were given different names from the English ones for their respective Japanese releases, but whose subheadings were all still foreign word names rendered in Katakana:

ROTF: トランスフォーマー リベンジ Toransufōmā Ribenji, "Transformers: Revenge"
DOTM:トランスフォーマー ダークサイド・ムーン Toransufōmā Dākusaido Mūn, "Transformers: Darkside Moon"
AOE:トランスフォーマー ロストエイジ Toransufōmā Rosuto Eiji, "Transformers: Lost Age"

Here, however, the title's subheading is instead rendered in Kanji (along with a の Hiragana):

トランスフォーマー最後の騎士王 Toransufōmā Saigo no Kishi-ō, which means "Transformers: The Last Knight King"

This sounds to me like it could give a bit more context as to who the titular knight is. He's not just a knight, but the king of the knights.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
King of Knights? I was joking about the Fate series crossover but I wouldn't complain if it was real and wacky and marvelous.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm

You know, as I was typing that post, I Googled 騎士王 (Kishi-ō, "Knight King") to see what would come up and the first result that came up was the Chinese Wikipedia article for King Arthur, 亚瑟王 (Yàsèwáng). Could be a coincidence (as those are not the same three Kanji as those I Googled, save for the third one), but I did find it funny what with all the Arthurian stuff going on in this movie.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Celldweller also Working on Transformers: The Last Knight Score and Soundtrack

Postby Va'al » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:46 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Composer Steve Jablonsky is not the only one involved in the score and soundtrack for the upcoming Transformers: The Last Knight live-action movie - we have news from Celldweller (through a YouTube video that slipped under the radar), that the synthwave / 80s New Wave artist will also be collaborating on the soundscape for the movie.

According to the latest interview, on Beyond Synth episode 101, the project is near completion and Klayton/Celldweller is

..just wrapping up work on the new Transformers film right now. I'm doing all the synth programming, and guitar work, and some drums and stuff for the score for that movie.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby BeastProwl » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:43 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Well that's good at least, Klayton does some good stuff.

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915D"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210491 2B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926J"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A B&W IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON