This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon May 08, 2017 6:07 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Deathsanras wrote:Wait, so are we to believe that this movie will unite all the nonsensical, disconnected, conflicting and plothole-riddled backstory, McGuffins and miscellaneous space tchotchkes such as the AllSpark, Megatron Antarctic crash, Seed, Transformium, Ark, Sentinel Prime, Pillars, Star Harvester, Nemesis/Fallen base, Matrix - and probably a bunch of others I've forgotten - into a single coherent story?

Transformers is supposed to have a single coherent story? News to me.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Deadput wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wow. What a huge spoiler that tweet is. Putting together 2 and 2, Bay just pretty much told us that Cybertron will be destroyed for good. If 1 world lives and 1 dies, it won't be Earth that dies. So, The Last Knight will be the end of Cybertron. But will Prime and/or Megatron die with it?

Maybe that's the twist and they destroy Earth.
Can't tell if you're serious or not, but that's highly unlikely considering that Bayverse is utterly human-centric.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby reluctantyouth » Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 am

Great another geriatric transformer poking fun at dementia, aging and what not. Robot Dementia? Are you serious? This is the same stupid crap they pulled with Jetfire in the polished turd known as ROTF. Hot Rod looks interesting. Cogman I could care less about. I feel sorry for Sir Anthony Hopkins...if that little bit of dialogue tells us anything...it's that the mighty have truly fallen. I don't know how Anthony Hopkins can call Bay a genius. :-x

~reluctantyouth~
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
reluctantyouth wrote:Great another geriatric transformer poking fun at dementia, aging and what not. Robot Dementia? Are you serious? This is the same stupid crap they pulled with Jetfire in the polished turd known as ROTF.

I dunno. That was the first Jetfire portrayal I actually liked. Never cared for other versions, even G1 (who I always disliked cos he was bland and also didn't look much like the awesome Valkyrie toy which is still one of if not the best G1 Transformer ever made)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Prowl4 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 am

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
I do wonder what bay's fixation is on British transformers and especially his fixation on mark Ryan who is absolutely awful.

Hot rods voice certainly not as bad as expected but I do hope he changes his voice by the end since they learn earth's languages through the worldwide Web hopefully he'll get judd nelsons voice by the end.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Maybe he'll also get a spoiler by the end, or a red and orange colour scheme; or the flame patterns on his chest. I don't see why he wouldn't, as this guy just screams G1 Hot Rod ;)^
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Prowl4 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:11 am

Kurona wrote:Maybe he'll also get a spoiler by the end, or a red and orange colour scheme; or the flame patterns on his chest. I don't see why he wouldn't, as this guy just screams G1 Hot Rod ;)^

Not concerned with that more concerned with an iconic character having a terrible voice.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby Kurona » Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 am

Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Maybe he'll also get a spoiler by the end, or a red and orange colour scheme; or the flame patterns on his chest. I don't see why he wouldn't, as this guy just screams G1 Hot Rod ;)^

Not concerned with that more concerned with an iconic character having a terrible voice.

Eh, it's entirely possible he'll die or just go away after a few movies and this will have been a weird little detour that won't really have shaped our perception of Hot Rod/Rodimus as a character archetype in the slightest and hence won't really be iconic. Happened with Wheeljack, right?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Prowl4 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:27 am

Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

Eh, it's entirely possible he'll die or just go away after a few movies and this will have been a weird little detour that won't really have shaped our perception of Hot Rod/Rodimus as a character archetype in the slightest and hence won't really be iconic. Happened with Wheeljack, right?

Wheeljack hasn't appeared in the movies.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 08, 2017 8:37 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby partholon » Mon May 08, 2017 8:49 am

kerist that was awfull.

and im not even a hot rod fan.

id ask how the fuk hard it is to get a decent voice , then i rember "Dino" and the fact bay lives for unfunny shyte like this.
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby Prowl4 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

Not Wheeljack as he was named que in the movies.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:56 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Prowl4 wrote: Wheeljack hasn't appeared in the movies.

He did but he wasnt called Wheeljack, he was called Que.

Its a bit like the Dino/Mirage thing but I think this one works better since Que actually has attributes of G1 Wheeljack.

reluctantyouth wrote: polished turd known as ROTF

polished?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 08, 2017 9:01 am

Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

pic

That didn't preclude his still being Wheeljack.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Prowl4 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:06 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

pic

He's not Wheeljack. Get over it.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby Randomhero » Mon May 08, 2017 9:17 am

Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

pic

Yes it was. They changed his name late in production because they wanted to do a nod to Bond with him. Comics even had him get blown to scrap and rebuilt and renamed him Que. for all intended purposes he was wheeljack.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wheeljack_(Movie)
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Prowl4 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 am

Randomhero wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

pic

Yes it was. They changed his name late in production because they wanted to do a nod to Bond with him. Comics even had him get blown to scrap and rebuilt and renamed him Que. for all intended purposes he was wheeljack.

He's called que in the movies and that's all that matters. The comics don't matter.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby Randomhero » Mon May 08, 2017 9:45 am

Prowl4 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

pic

He's called que in the movies and that's all that matters. The comics don't matter.

His toy is also called wheeljack.

Do you refer to Brawl as devastor or Brawl because his name in the movie was Devastator in the first movie
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:51 am

Prowl4 wrote:

So this isnt Doublecross?

This isn't Shockwave?

This isn't Octane?

Come one, wouldn't a rose of any other name smell as sweet?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 08, 2017 10:17 am

william-james88 wrote:This isn't Shockwave?

For this one, the toy, cartoon, comic, and everything else were all "Shockblast", and his personality was so far removed from every other archetypal version of Shockwave (i.e. - Shockblast's being a psychopathic mass-murderer and maniac who thrived on emotions instead of being a stoic, calculating thinker and planner who casts aside emotions for pure logic), I'd really consider him an exception from those other examples despite the obvious Shockwave influence in his visual design.

Despite the many shortcomings of the Energon cartoon, Shockblast made a name for himself by standing out as one of the legitimately cooler aspects of the show.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Nexus Knight » Mon May 08, 2017 10:19 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

Other than the fact it isn't the G! version, what exactly is wrong with how this Roddy looks/speaks? Just because it isn't exactly like the original source doesn't necessarily make it bad. T o be honest, I prefer G1 Roddy, but I haven't seen enough of this one to make a large opinion yet.
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Kurona » Mon May 08, 2017 10:26 am

Nexus Knight wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

Other than the fact it isn't the G! version, what exactly is wrong with how this Roddy looks/speaks? Just because it isn't exactly like the original source doesn't necessarily make it bad. T o be honest, I prefer G1 Roddy, but I haven't seen enough of this one to make a large opinion yet.

Well, if I were to criticise the design itself; I would say it's rather bland and uninspired with an uninteresting colour scheme, no distinguishing visual characteristics and even looks like he's stolen his head from Bumblebee. On the basis of design alone, he's very forgettable and dime-a-dozen.
Haven't actually seen much of his character or his voice, though - haven't watched any clips since the original trailer. So I can't comment on that.

I was going to say here that I have to clarify my original point of the post wasn't to actually criticise this Hot Rod for not looking like G1 Hot Rod (that ship sailed back in 2007). But looking at that post I'm not actually sure what I was trying to say :lol:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:26 am

Nexus Knight wrote:Other than the fact it isn't the G! version, what exactly is wrong with how this Roddy looks/speaks? Just because it isn't exactly like the original source doesn't necessarily make it bad. T o be honest, I prefer G1 Roddy, but I haven't seen enough of this one to make a large opinion yet.

I had no problems. Bay has shown from the very first movie that this isnt G1 so I dont know why fans havent caught onto that. They are just using G1 names and vague archetypes for the main characters. Aside from that, its really a new interpretation.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Nexus Knight » Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Kurona wrote:
Nexus Knight wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

Well, if I were to criticise the design itself; I would say it's rather bland and uninspired with an uninteresting colour scheme, no distinguishing visual characteristics and even looks like he's stolen his head from Bumblebee. On the basis of design alone, he's very forgettable and dime-a-dozen.
Haven't actually seen much of his character or his voice, though - haven't watched any clips since the original trailer. So I can't comment on that.

I was going to say here that I have to clarify my original point of the post wasn't to actually criticise this Hot Rod for not looking like G1 Hot Rod (that ship sailed back in 2007). But looking at that post I'm not actually sure what I was trying to say :lol:

Looking back at the pictures and trailer, yeah, I agree about the design. But (as I"m annoyingly optimistic) I hope that his character will help him stand out. I actually like the French accent, for two reasons. One, I don't think we've ever had a character that sounds French (that i can recall, I could be wrong). And two, it makes Transformers more diverse. In the past they've either sounded mainly American (with your different variants) and British. But that's just me. If you hate the voice, hate the voice. It's just irritating to see that argument "It's bad b/c it's not MY Transformers".
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby BattleConvoy » Mon May 08, 2017 10:46 am

Motto: "I'm a cheapskate!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Darn you AMERICANS, insulting british again :P
I wonder if the whole point of the film is to see Prime nuke London.
Kinda insulting after Westminster D:
"Do you have the time - to listen to me whine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned?"

Green Day - Basket Case
(from this epic album)
BattleConvoy
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Audi R8
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JAN230441 2C (CA) Santos"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr L FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230215 1L (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240105 2A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr V 1:40 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230225 1V (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics DEC220423 1C Aragones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240188 3A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240190 3C (W/CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr W FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247368 2W (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr P 1:20 Line Art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240203 3P Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr J LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240114 2J (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZC FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC237139 1ZC (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON