This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby fruityrobo » Wed May 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Recently the runtime for the Transformer the Last Knight movie has been released. For a 3 hour and 2 minutes runtime is quite long compared to
Dark of the Moon, 2 hours and 37 minutes,
Age of Extinction, 2 hours and 45 minutes,
Revenge of the Fallen, 2 hours and 30 minutes,
or even the very first one, 2 hours and 24 minutes.
For me, it is understandable since there is a lot to be covered in the movie. However, I have seen that many people aren't excited to see 3 hours of "Bayhem." Whatever the case is, I think Michael Bay is going to overwhelm us with three hours of action, dialogue, and pointless explosions. But it will be satisfying to see all the characters back again.
What are your thoughts?
-Caleb
fruityrobo
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch fruityrobo on YouTube

Postby Notesandtabs » Wed May 31, 2017 9:05 pm

HA! I saw Pirates today in this exact theater. I thought that wall looked familiar. Nice.
Attachments
image8ish.jpg
Notesandtabs
Mini-Con

Postby Deadput » Wed May 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
fruityrobo wrote:Recently the runtime for the Transformer the Last Knight movie has been released. For a 3 hour and 2 minutes runtime is quite long compared to
For me, it is understandable since there is a lot to be covered in the movie. However, I have seen that many people aren't excited to see 3 hours of "Bayhem." Whatever the case is, I think Michael Bay is going to overwhelm us with three hours of action, dialogue, and pointless explosions. But it will be satisfying to see all the characters back again.
What are your thoughts?
-Caleb

That 3 hours and 2 minutes run time is false since these movies are constantly edited until close to release in fact AOE wasn't finished until a few hours before the premier and I heard ROTF also was cutting it close.

Also nobody's released the time so don't believe any run times until a week before the movie comes out.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Nexus Knight » Wed May 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
The Siri/Alexa voice coming from Bumblebee... Oh my God this will be fun.... :-D
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Alright, I have to ask you guys for your opinions on this. I in no way believe this, but I've now seen 2 analysis' of this and it's worth bringing up.

What if Bee and Prime combine? Will they do it?

Apparently, that TRU image of Prime has enough yellow to convince people that it is possible. Thoughts on this?

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:26 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
fruityrobo wrote:Recently the runtime for the Transformer the Last Knight movie has been released.

Can you tell us where you found this info on the run time?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 pm

Prime's Knight design already has gold parts on him if they were combining where are the camaro parts and why does Prime look exactly the same but some parts coloured different?

It's just lighting and the same fan mentality that makes people think Unicron is in the next movie.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Deadput » Wed May 31, 2017 10:30 pm

william-james88 wrote:
fruityrobo wrote:Recently the runtime for the Transformer the Last Knight movie has been released.

Can you tell us where you found this info on the run time?

The original source is random google search saying so and people spreading it around like it's fact.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
fruityrobo wrote:Recently the runtime for the Transformer the Last Knight movie has been released. For a 3 hour and 2 minutes runtime is quite long compared to
What are your thoughts?
-Caleb

I lost my **** when I read that. God, I pray it's true! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Transformers: The Last Knight Is NOT Three Hours And Two Minutes Long

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:02 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
You may have noticed a rumour going around the internet, due to a Google result, of the runtime for Transformers: The Last Knight being over three hours. This is, in fact, very much still a rumour - and one possibly debunked by Michael Bay himself on Twitter - and no runtime has been confirmed yet officially.

Bay wrote:Reports of #transformers The Last Knight being over 3hrs is wrong. It's shorter than the last 3 movies by a lot.

Speculation from a number of sites not trying to catch the headlines, such as Cineworld and Screenrant, seems to suggest something closer to 2.30 hours, but we will be sure to update you as soon as we know!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:44 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Damnit. I just saw the Tweet. There goes my dream of a 4 hour Transformers movie. It makes sense from a marketing perspective though. Shorter run time means more screenings per day, and that means more money. I worked at a movie theater when AOE came out and it was so long, we only had time to show it 3 times a day.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight 3D Cardboard Cutout Optimus Prime Spotted

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:48 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Thanks to EvasionModeBumblebee, we have a new and interesting addition to the Transformer: The Last Knight marketing. It appears that come theaters, such as this one in California, are featuring cardboard cutout 3D and LED lit models of Optimus Prime! The cutout has Prime kneeling with his sword, while his eyes glow brightly. Check out the image below, and keep an eye out at your own theaters to see if this Prime makes his way there!

My local theater has one as well, they put it up last week. I didn't think to mention it, because I figured if my little hole-in-the-wall theater has one, they must be everywhere. Who knew.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:58 am

SlyTF1 wrote:Damnit. I just saw the Tweet. There goes my dream of a 4 hour Transformers movie. It makes sense from a marketing perspective though. Shorter run time means more screenings per day, and that means more money. I worked at a movie theater when AOE came out and it was so long, we only had time to show it 3 times a day.

Were more likely to see a directors cut for previous Transformers movies then a 4 hour one.

But this probably means they trimmed down some of the more garbage human scenes and they just have the important human scenes and the Transformers ones.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Transformers: The Last Knight Promotion - Press Release

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:09 pm

We only newsed this a couple days ago, you can see it here, but we now also have the official press release direct from Enterprise Rent-A-Car, giving us a description of their promotion for Transformers: The Last Knight, Paramount's involvement, and more details. Check it out below, along with the video again!

Rent, Buy or Share with Enterprise and the New Movie, Transformers: The Last Knight, from Director Michael Bay

Brand Creates Nostalgic Digital Video Tribute to 10-year Anniversary of Film Franchise Roots, in Celebration of June 21 Theatrical Release

ST. LOUIS June 1, 2017 -- Get ready to roll out: The Autobots and the 'auto rental bots' are joining forces to move us all forward!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car today announced a partnership with Paramount Pictures on the highly anticipated release of the new movie, Transformers: The Last Knight, directed by Michael Bay, in theaters June 21. Through the partnership, Enterprise is producing custom movie-themed digital content and promotion in branches throughout the country.

'While many may know Enterprise as simply a car rental company, we've done some evolving over the years to offer customers much more. Whether you're looking to rent, buy or share a vehicle, Enterprise has you covered,' said Lee Broughton, vice president, Enterprise Brand Marketing. That brand promise, coupled with our new content strategy focused on helping our customers pursue their passions led us to teaming up with Transformers: The Last Knight.

As part of the campaign, Enterprise has created a nostalgic video throwback to Hasbro's Transformers toy television commercials from the 1980s. The video shows two kids using their Autobot action figures to fend off the evil Decepticons, with some added assistance from Enterprise's rent, buy and share offerings. In one scene, as an Enterprise rental car helps take down the Decepticons, one of the children can be heard asking, 'How ya like that customer service, Megatron?'

In addition to the video, Enterprise customers will also notice movie-themed signage inside Enterprise branches through June.

'Enterprise has found a clever and creative way to remind Transformers fans of the toy heritage of the movie franchise while introducing their expanded brand offerings,' said LeeAnne Stables, president worldwide marketing partnerships and licensing for Paramount Pictures. 'This is a great way for us to reach summer travelers and ramp up excitement for the new film.'

For more information and to view Enterprise's Transformers-related video, visit www.enterprise.com/transformers.

About Enterprise
The Enterprise brand which comprises Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Enterprise CarShare, Enterprise Truck Rental, Enterprise Car Sales, the Exotic Car Collection by Enterprise, Zimride by Enterprise and RideShare by Enterprise offers customers a total transportation solution. Its flagship brand, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, was founded in 1957 and is known for an extensive network of convenient locations, affordable rates and outstanding customer service. Enterprise Rent-A-Car was ranked on BusinessWeek magazine's annual list of 'Customer Service Champs' for four years in a row. Enterprise operates not only as a key provider for insurance replacement, weekend getaways and special occasions, but also as a local transportation alternative. With more than 5,800 fully staffed airport and neighborhood offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population, Enterprise can meet whatever transportation need customers may have renting, buying or sharing.

About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Transformers: The Last Knight Promotion - Press Release

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I see no apology for mistransforming that lovely new Deluxe Bee
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

New 'Destroy' Poster for Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Instagram account tf.daily has posted an image of a new poster featuring Optimus Prime for Transformers: The Last Knight - and the word Destroy. While the idea of a ..bad Optimus is not a new one for the series or the specific movie, this does sound more ominous than usual. Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Transformers: The Last Knight IMAX 3D Ticket Pre-Sales Now Online

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:33 pm

If you're in the US and are planning to go see Transformers: The Last Knight on June 20th, Fandango and the official IMAX site have now listed sales for shows across the country - though only in IMAX 3D, and only for 7pm shows (local time each).

Will you be attending? Will you be waiting for a later release? Let us know in the discussion in the Energon Pub, and remember to enter the IMAX sweepstakes here for a trip to the Chicago Premiere!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: New 'Destroy' Poster for Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Va'al wrote:
The anti-movie campaign has grown stronger. Now we are ordered to destroy Transformers: The Last Knight when it hits theaters. :twisted:

:o)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:57 pm

I've narrowed down the locations to the specific theater where the premier in Chicago is going to be held. I'm about to order my tickets now. It's a gamble, but I'm sure I'm right.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:21 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:I've narrowed down the locations to the specific theater where the premier in Chicago is going to be held. I'm about to order my tickets now. It's a gamble, but I'm sure I'm right.

Could you tell me which one it is so I know just in case I win the sweepstakes? (Been entering in everyday)
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:20 pm

New TV spot

Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I've narrowed down the locations to the specific theater where the premier in Chicago is going to be held. I'm about to order my tickets now. It's a gamble, but I'm sure I'm right.

Could you tell me which one it is so I know just in case I win the sweepstakes? (Been entering in everyday)

I could only find 2 IMAX theaters in the city, so I'm guessing it's one of those.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

New 'Quintessa' Trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:28 am

Fellow Seibertronian Bounti76 has sent us notification that another trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight has appeared, and first shown during the NBA finals - it was of course then found on YouTube, and ComicBook.com has once more the 'best' quality version going round, which we've embedded below. Are you ready for some more Quintessa and Optimus' new motivation..?

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: New 'Destroy' Poster for Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:55 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Sabrblade wrote:
Va'al wrote:
The anti-movie campaign has grown stronger. Now we are ordered to destroy Transformers: The Last Knight when it hits theaters.
I figured it was a callback to the "Protect" and "Destroy" covers of the original movie's DVD release. But if Optimus is "Destroy" this time around, who is "Protect?" Could my suspicions be proven correct and Megatron is actually a sort-of good guy in TLK? Probably not...
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Kurona » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:59 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Probably Bumblebee.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Transformers: The Last Knight Commercial 'Quintessa'

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:24 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
admin edit
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORIGINS #4 RI 1:10 virgin var IDW Comics 2009 4RI (CA) DiVito"
GI JOE ORIGINS #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JUL200572 3A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0723IM803 4E (CA) Martinez (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE CASTLE FALL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 One-Shot SEP200471 1A (CA) Evenhuis"
GI JOE CASTLE FALL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10B (CA) Williams (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON