This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby X3ROhour » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:43 am

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
is it possible?
a Bayformers
film?
that doesn't suck?

probably not
but i have hope.

no faith, what so ever...
but a little smidge of hope.
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rainmaker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:48 am

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
Z3ROhour wrote:is it possible?
a Bayformers
film?
that doesn't suck?

probably not
but i have hope.

no faith, what so ever...
but a little smidge of hope.

I hope, but this is Michael Bay we're talking about.

:MAXIMAL:
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:05 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
What if Sly is Michael Bay? Has this theory been presented before?

As for TLK, so far I get the vibe that it will be superior to RoTF and AoE, and on par with the original and DoTM.

I am most curious as to how they will reconcile having both Megatron and Galvatron.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:50 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
A runtime of 2 hours and 28 minutes is pretty much confirmed:
http://www.fandango.com/transformers:th ... ieoverview

Which is way too damn short for me. I've always said that any movie that isn't at LEAST 2 hours and 30 minutes long is complete trash. I've watched a lot of movies, and it always disappoints me when they feel shorter than that.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:02 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Less is more.

especially when it comes to bay movies. I will HAPPILY take less runtime for bay movies
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Transformers: The Last Knight runtime as 2 Hours 28 Minutes seemingly confirmed

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:09 am

Courtesy of fellow Seibertronian SlyTF1, we have from Movie Ticket seller Fandango seeming confirmation of the runtime for the latest Michael Bay Transformers movie, The Last Knight. The website's listing for the movie shows the runtime to be 2 Hours and 28 Minutes - a drop from Age of Extinction's 2 Hours 45 minutes and something we can seemingly trust as this is an official channel rather than a site like IMBD anyone can contribute to. Tell us in the the forums if this encourages or discourages you to see the fifth instalment in the series!
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:11 am

SlyTF1 wrote:A runtime of 2 hours and 28 minutes is pretty much confirmed:

Which is way too damn short for me. I've always said that any movie that isn't at LEAST 2 hours and 30 minutes long is complete trash. I've watched a lot of movies, and it always disappoints me when they feel shorter than that.

But both the first movie and ROTF were under 2h30m and I thought you liked all the Bay movies? :???:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:22 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Kurona wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:A runtime of 2 hours and 28 minutes is pretty much confirmed:

But both the first movie and ROTF were under 2h30m and I thought you liked all the Bay movies? :???:

But I consider DOTM and AOE to far superior to the first 2. Especially AOE.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:49 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I'm ok with this. The 3D showing is late afternoon and if it runs much longer I might miss the last bus home back to my lil town (yeah the public transport is not great).

Two and half hours sounds like plenty TF fun for me while not leaving me stranded. :D
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Deadput » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:34 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
SlyTF1 wrote:
But I consider DOTM and AOE to far superior to the first 2. Especially AOE.

Well of course DOTM is the best "movie" in the franchise although it might not be the best "Transformers movie" for some.

Many of AOE's bits and flaws makes it the worse but is balanced out by the decent robot screen time even if their reduced to one liners mostly in a way it's almost the mirror of ROTF.

(Remember all of this is in my very own not so unique humble opinion)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:42 am

For me the first one is still the best. There's still quite a number of problems - the lack of Sam's parents in future instalments is by far the greatest decision this series has ever made - but I found it a decent fun Summer popcorn-muncher for what it was. A not-overly complex story, a small contained Transforming cast which had simple understandable character traits and colour coding; and we still had actual human cannibal Shia LaBeouf. Nothing great but not something I'd hate to watch again.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:56 am

Not sure which is my fave. First one had the biggest impact cos it was first time I finally saw the kind of Transformers I'd wanted to see since I was a kid. And it was probably the only time I can think of that I actually had a movie date. But yeah it also fully dragged me back into the TF world with it's toyline (Classics had caught my attention a bit and i had bought a few of those figures but it really was the movieverse that hooked me again). I think the one I've watched least is Revenge of the Fallen but even then I don't dislike it at all. It's got great action scenes including that classic forest fight and I really liked Jetfire. Dark of the Moon might possibly be my fave but I really loved Age of Extinction too. Oh I don't have to choose. I own all four on blu ray and I can't wait to watch this new one.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Deadput » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Kurona wrote:For me the first one is still the best. There's still quite a number of problems - the lack of Sam's parents in future instalments is by far the greatest decision this series has ever made - but I found it a decent fun Summer popcorn-muncher for what it was. A not-overly complex story, a small contained Transforming cast which had simple understandable character traits and colour coding; and we still had actual human cannibal Shia LaBeouf. Nothing great but not something I'd hate to watch again.

The first one is good as well so it comes as second fave for me.

I miss Jazz but I understand why he died since it would seem rather one sided if only Decepticons died but I would of brought in one or two Autobots like Longarm and some other b tier dude like Windcharger or Swerve to bite it and I probably would have added in Wreckage to fill out the final battle since Bonecursher and Frenzy were killed before the battle and Scorponok and Barricade disappeared and I also would have put in one scene of the Decepticons meeting to establish them as characters with English dialogue.

That would of made Jazz stick around for at least the original trilogy of movies although he probably would of bit it instead of Ironhide when Sentinel betrayed them but I hope Jazz appears in a prequel like the Bee movie to make up for his lack of time.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Deadput wrote:
Kurona wrote:For me the first one is still the best. There's still quite a number of problems - the lack of Sam's parents in future instalments is by far the greatest decision this series has ever made - but I found it a decent fun Summer popcorn-muncher for what it was. A not-overly complex story, a small contained Transforming cast which had simple understandable character traits and colour coding; and we still had actual human cannibal Shia LaBeouf. Nothing great but not something I'd hate to watch again.

The first one is good as well so it comes as second fave for me.

I miss Jazz but I understand why he died since it would seem rather one sided if only Decepticons died but I would of brought in one or two Autobots like Longarm and some other b tier dude like Windcharger or Swerve to bite it and I probably would have added in Wreckage to fill out the final battle since Bonecursher and Frenzy were killed before the battle and Scorponok and Barricade disappeared and I also would have put in one scene of the Decepticons meeting to establish them as characters with English dialogue.

That would of made Jazz stick around for at least the original trilogy of movies although he probably would of bit it instead of Ironhide when Sentinel betrayed them but I hope Jazz appears in a prequel like the Bee movie to make up for his lack of time.

Well, CGI models cost a lot; and since this was before the series as a movie franchise was known to utterly annihilate the box office... extra characters like that likely wouldn't have made the budget.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:30 pm

The first has always been my least favorite, simply because the Cybertronians barely got any screentime. That, and I despise the teenage drama crap in the first half more than anything else in the entire franchise. Also, the whole scene with Sam looking for the glasses in his house is one of the most boring stretches of film I've seen in my entire life. I hate that whole Sector 7 sequence before Optimus shows up.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Deadput » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:05 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:The first has always been my least favorite, simply because the Cybertronians barely got any screentime. That, and I despise the teenage drama crap in the first half more than anything else in the entire franchise. Also, the whole scene with Sam looking for the glasses in his house is one of the most boring stretches of film I've seen in my entire life. I hate that whole Sector 7 sequence before Optimus shows up.

There were flaws yes but the first movie was a decent film overall in fact I feel like it only started to go down right after the Bonecusher and Frenzy fight since the final battle in that movie was bit of a cluster although it had some good moments like Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet vs Brawl, Starscream vs Ironhide and Ratchet and Starscream's clever attack on the F-22's.

I do like how each of the cons were a threat in their own right although they could of used a scene like Rotf's Nemesis meeting and DOTM's Africa group thing which actually should have had Shockwave in that scene as well.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Deadput » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Kurona wrote:Well, CGI models cost a lot; and since this was before the series as a movie franchise was known to utterly annihilate the box office... extra characters like that likely wouldn't have made the budget.

Well... Maybe just Longarm then because look at him dude he's the one Transformers design that just hits all of my aesthetic favorites him and ROTF Breakaway who I also wished were in the movies.

Even Stephan Spielberg wished he was in the movie! http://badflipblog.blogspot.ca/2009/10/tf1-tow-truck-drone-02.html
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Deadput wrote:Well... Maybe just Longarm then because look at him dude he's the one Transformers design that just hits all of my aesthetic favorites him and ROTF Breakaway who I also wished were in the movies.

Weird cos I had both the Longarm and Breakaway toys but I didn't care for them much at all. Just had them at the time to boost the collection (and cos they were in the video games) way before I started culling things down due to space, money and other reasons. I did think Landmine was a pretty cool non-movie movie toy though.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Deadput » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Deadput wrote:Well... Maybe just Longarm then because look at him dude he's the one Transformers design that just hits all of my aesthetic favorites him and ROTF Breakaway who I also wished were in the movies.

Weird cos I had both the Longarm and Breakaway toys but I didn't care for them much at all. Just had them at the time to boost the collection (and cos they were in the video games) way before I started culling things down due to space, money and other reasons. I did think Landmine was a pretty cool non-movie movie toy though.

Ah no the Breakaway toy is meh but the character himself looks great in the game and the concept art especially his baby face.

Video game Longarm is ok but his toy version is pretty great especially once you unscrew the gun off his hand so he can put it down.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Deadput » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:06 pm

https://twitter.com/RenoWilson/status/873167238362157056

Reno Wilson confirms that he is returning for The Last Knight!

He could be voicing Brains since as far as we know he is still alive and Wheelie is in the movie but he could always voice a new character like he did every film before AOE.

Rumors that are potentially true below which is semi relevant and also spoiler-ish but nothing major like deaths or plot.
I heard rumors from a "person" that Brains is mentioned in the film as well as Sideswipe but in what context I do not know, this guy apparently saw around 40 minutes of the film in a screening he did say that Bumblebee's voice was temporarily changed into a female as a "joke" a few days before the spot that we saw came on which he was right about since Bee spoke with Siri's voice, he also says that there is an Autobot from DOTM in Cuba with Simmons and plays soccer with him
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Transformers: The Last Knight Round-Up: Reno Wilson, Japanese Dub, Cast Promo Shots

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:56 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
A couple of news pieces regarding Transformers: The Last Knight have surfaced from a number of sources! First up, voice actor Reno Wilson - the voice of Frenzy, Mudflap, and Brains from previous movies - has been confirmed as returning to the fifth movie, in a yet undisclosed role.

Next, we have news of the Japanese dubbing for the movie - The Last Knight King, in translation - featuring Hanako Sakurai as Izabella (Isabela Moner's character), meaning that US production on the movie is indeed complete, and international distributors are working on their versions as I type.

And finally, keeping with humans, we have four new portraits from vk.transformers for the Earth side of the cast from the movie: Mark Wahlberg / Cade Yeager, Isabela Moner / Izabella, Laura Haddock / Vivian Wembly, Anthony Hopkins / Sir Edmund Burton. But also a couple profiles for Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, so you can now create your own photoshopped movie poster! Check them out below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:53 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Wreck Gar

Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:39 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Wreck-Gar in Transformers 5?!? Let's pray that he doesn't die and drop dead like an old scab. :PRAY:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Wreck-Gar in Transformers 5?!?
That name isn't confirmed.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:40 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Just got my ticket for TLK for 8 PM on Tuesday June 20th. Can't wait.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STING SHOT BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse 1-Step Changer Hasbro 2019 New"
STING SHOT BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 73 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ion Burst OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 New"
Ion Burst OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON