This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:By this time tomorrow, I will have seen and most likely enjoyed the movie for what I enjoy it for. So yeah.

*slaps a Temporary Moderator Badge on D-Max*

Your monkeys until the weekend. I ain't coming in here after tomorrow. :-P
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

China's Dalian Wanda Group Joins Transformers: The Last Knight Marketing

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to an article from The Hollywood Reporter, we have news that China's Dalian Wanda Group has joined the advertising for the upcoming Transformers: The Last Knight film. Wanda is set to advertise for the movie throughout China, using a vast array of promotional movie material. The firm is the 3rd to join the advertising side of the movie, following the Weying Technology and Huahua Media. The film is now playing, so head on out and check out the movie for yourselves!

Wanda will market and promote the film in China through its vast cinema network, while also serving as a merchandising partner in the country. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

Wanda is the third Chinese firm to board Transformers 5. Last week, Weying Technology bought a stake in the film, saying it was entitled to an undisclosed share of global revenue for the movie, including theatrical, video, TV, VOD and merchandising. Chinese film company Huahua Media, which served as a marketing partner on Transformers 4, announced an unspecified stake in the new film at a Shanghai signing ceremony in December.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
One more thing about that Nostalgia Critic video: It's not a review episode, it's an editorial episode. His review episodes are for entertainment purposes, while his editorial episodes vary from different purposes depending one the subject of each editorial. In this case, it was one of his editorials meant for thought-provoking purposes.

And frankly, given just how much on the nose he was with describing the contents of this movie that we've seen in all the trailers so far in the same vein as the similar contents of the previous films, I really am not expecting his predictions to be that far off from the final product.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm

Bronzewolf wrote:Has it been too long since you've seen Age of Extinction? Need a crash course before you walk in to The Last Knight? Just want to see it one more time? Have you seen it too many times? Well I can't help you there BUT for all those other situations, let me point you toward a deal that RedBox is currently putting on: If you rent AOE, you'll get a code via email for $5 dollars off your TLK movie ticket!

This deal comes to us from Seibertron himself, who provided a photo of the Redbox, featuring posters for the discount and everything!

Has anybody else here tried this yet? I just rented AOE from RedBox earlier this evening (a few hours ago) hoping to get the $5 off promo code, and submitted my email address as well, but have yet to receive any email about it. All I've gotten so far are one email confirming my rental purchase, another asking me to confirm my email address for a Free Movie Night promo code, and a third email with said promo code (but which isn't for the $5 off my TLK movie ticket). How long does it take for the $5-off email to come?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Tyrese Gibson on Not Appearing in Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:57 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
There was an expectation for Tyrese Gibson to rejoin Josh Duhamel for Transformers: The Last Knight - as his character from the 2007 movie, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon - but plans did not go as ..well, planned. Due to scheduling conflicts, Gibson was taken up by Fast 8 during the location shootings for TLK, and it just didn't work out. Read more below, and here for the full piece!

“I’m not in the next one,” he explained. “So the truth is when we were shooting Fast 8, I closed my deal for Transformers 5, and I was supposed to go from Fast 8 to T5.

“But because they shot a lot of the movie in Europe, my schedule didn’t allow for me to go from Atlanta to London in between those days.

“I mean, I was p****d. The goal was for me and Josh Duhamel to come back and surprise the fans, that two of the guys from the original Transformers were back. Josh Duhamel was available and I wasn’t. So I was p****d.”
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 am

I read this last night and I swear he was in a trailer! I thought he was the dude who says "were going home izzy!" I guess I not! It's a shame but hopefully he can come back in another one.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby JacksonWright » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:59 am

*SPOILERS*

Reviews for the new flick have started to emerge on youtube ;)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yfqAQEc8Fk[/youtube]
JacksonWright
Mini-Con

Postby JacksonWright » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:14 am

YouTuber "George Sartiano" has done a review of the film called "Transformers: The Last Knight Review (Rant)"
JacksonWright
Mini-Con

New Clip for Transformers: The Last Knight - It Begins, All Ends, Team Drift, Bonjour

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:30 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As fellow Seibertronian Clockwork Animations rightly points out, it looks like Paramount may be trying for the 50 clips prior to worldwide release for Transformers: The Last Knight! The latest one, embedded below, features Cogman playing the organ, alongside old footage. But there are also three more, featuring Hot Rod (with Omar Sy's voice), Drift, Hopkins and Haddock and Wahlberg, more Cogman and general Bayhem, bringing us up to 46 or 47 clips by now - check them all out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby WreckerJack » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:09 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Might go see TLK tonite. Last I heard my theater was playing it tomorrow. Guess it depends on what my friends would like to do really. (But if no one communicates then I am gonna go, no time to waste on people being indecisive!)

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby robotcaveman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:50 pm

A friend of mine heard from somewhere that there's going to be a total of 14 tf movies. But the tv spots for t5 have been saying "experience the final chapter". I'm confused. Will there be anymore movies after the Bumblebee spin-off?
robotcaveman
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:44 pm

robotcaveman wrote:A friend of mine heard from somewhere that there's going to be a total of 14 tf movies.
That's false. 14 ideas for the fifth movie were proposed by the writers' room, not 14 movies.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
robotcaveman wrote:A friend of mine heard from somewhere that there's going to be a total of 14 tf movies. But the tv spots for t5 have been saying "experience the final chapter". I'm confused. Will there be anymore movies after the Bumblebee spin-off?

There is not going to be 14 movies whoever told you this is either lying or misinformed.

The only actually planned movies we know of are the two spin off films (The bumblebee movie, and Transformers one which is an animated prequel set on Cybertron presumably during the war) and the sequel to this movie Transformers 6 (7?)

The final chapter thing probably means either the fact this is Bay's last movie or that the next film is part 2 of TLK and that is the last movie not including spin offs.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
robotcaveman wrote:A friend of mine heard from somewhere that there's going to be a total of 14 tf movies.
That's false. 14 ideas for the fifth movie were proposed by the writers' room, not 14 movies.

And two of those ideas were "crash combined" into TLK. (I think the two ideas were War world 2 and knights but I'm not sure)

Thanks Lorenzo. :HEADHURTS:
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

And two of those ideas were "crash combined" into TLK. (I think the two ideas were War world 2 and knights but I'm not sure)

Thanks Lorenzo. :HEADHURTS:
Three ideas: King Arthur, WWII, and a continuation of AOE's Creators/Knights subplot.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Three ideas: King Arthur, WWII, and a continuation of AOE's Creators/Knights subplot.

I mean isn't the first and the last one the same thing. :lol:
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Three ideas: King Arthur, WWII, and a continuation of AOE's Creators/Knights subplot.

Quintessa is King Arthur? :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Quintessa is King Arthur? :P

I thought she was the lady of the lake eh? :DANCE:

Apparently there is this unnamed excavator Autobot at the junkyard who doesn't speak and has less screen time then Jolt in ROTF... but why does he even exist?
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
While 14 movies was confirmed as miscommunication and misunderstanding of there being 14 ideas, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we ended up with 14 or more. We're already at 9 and these movies keep getting made with no sign of stopping...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Kurona wrote:While 14 movies was confirmed as miscommunication and misunderstanding of there being 14 ideas, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we ended up with 14 or more. We're already at 9 and these movies keep getting made with no sign of stopping...

What's the 9'th?

I mean It's possible and we are definitely at 6 since Bee movie is probably already far in production but Transformers one and transformer 6 (7) could always be canned because the movie bombs and with the way reviews are going it seems that TLK might bomb.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Deadput wrote:
Kurona wrote:While 14 movies was confirmed as miscommunication and misunderstanding of there being 14 ideas, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we ended up with 14 or more. We're already at 9 and these movies keep getting made with no sign of stopping...

What's the 9'th?

I mean It's possible and we are definitely at 6 since Bee movie is probably already far in production but Transformers one and transformer 6 (7) could always be canned because the movie bombs and with the way reviews are going it seems that TLK might bomb.

We don't know anything about the 9th yet - considering how far away it'd be, I'd be surprised if we had anything at all - but I remember it being confirmed that there are four movies confirmed to be coming after TLK.

These movies get negative reviews all the time - didn't stop all of them from breaking box office records. Maybe 5th time's the charm, but I doubt negative reviews will culminate in TLK bombing.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

So this movie has a 13 percent on RT right now which is lower from ROTF and AOE's 19 and 18 percent.

I'm calling Bull since everyone believes Bay's the god damn devil.

Why do people expect more out of transforming robot action movie Transformers as an idea will never be good only entertaining just like how every cartoon has been objectively bad but entertaining even if Bay and every other person left the film or if Disney made them they would still be the same!

It god damn bombed and with the lackluster mostly unknown Rid cartoon and the dwindling comic sales this franchise is going to crash and burn and end just like GI Joe and every other "franchise" Hasbro has made into films.

And people think the Star Wars films are "good" instead of just simply entertaining.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Is it true that Optimus takes up the mantle of The Fallen/Shockwave/Dinobots in this movie? Pulls in short appearance(s) in the start or middle of the movie but mostly appears at the end?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Kurona wrote:Is it true that Optimus takes up the mantle of The Fallen/Shockwave/Dinobots in this movie? Pulls in short appearance(s) in the start or middle of the movie but mostly appears at the end?

He's in the film for like 10-15 minutes but with his role what else would he do.

He's not even on Earth as far as I know so any character in his place would have a shorter role.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:47 pm

This is the spoiler-free thread for the movie. This is the spoiler thread.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #79 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM397 79A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #68 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 JUN230382 68C (CA) Hughes"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #14 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 MAR210240 14C (CA) Rapoza"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #23 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 JUL210284 23C (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #7 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 APR220683 7D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210868 6I (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #75 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM322 75A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM327 86C (CA) Wu (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #63 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 MAR230209 63D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220627 10G"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #79 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 1023IM399 79C (CA) Santolouco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210642 9A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220622 10B (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #62 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 MAR230205 62C (CA) Hans"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON