This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Just saw TLK. I never thought I'd see the day. I never thought I'd see the goddamn day where I walk out of a Transformers movie, not only disappointed, but pissed the **** off. I don't know. Maybe I'm going insane. Maybe I'm just being conformed to be just like everyone else on this stupid ass planet. I don't know. I'm going to need to sleep on this before I just start going off.

For reference, the first 2/3's of this movie were brilliant. Everything I ever wanted in a TF movie. But that last act... goddamn, did the writers and producers just stop giving a ****. I'm sorry, but I need to sleep on what I just saw. I feel broken and empty right now, and I just can't wrap my head around it at the moment.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
SlyTF1 wrote:Just saw TLK. I never thought I'd see the day. I never thought I'd see the goddamn day where I walk out of a Transformers movie, not only disappointed, but pissed the **** off. I don't know. Maybe I'm going insane. Maybe I'm just being conformed to be just like everyone else on this stupid ass planet. I don't know. I'm going to need to sleep on this before I just start going off.

For reference, the first 2/3's of this movie were brilliant. Everything I ever wanted in a TF movie. But that last act... goddamn, did the writers and producers just stop giving a ****. I'm sorry, but I need to sleep on what I just saw. I feel broken and empty right now, and I just can't wrap my head around it at the moment.

Just remember that you have people here that care about you and can share in your misery. Rest well!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Box Office Predictions for Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
With the movie now upon us, Deadline Hollywood has uploaded a new story highlighting what they think will happen money-wise with The Last Knight. While the United States don't appear to be holding a strong torch at the moment, with an estimated 5 day total of $70 million, down from $100 million for Age of Extinction, it is expected that international markets will push this movie to be a hit overall. You can find some of the highlighted text below, and you can read up on the whole story by following the above link.

In what looks to be another case of summer franchise fatigue at the domestic box office, Paramount’s Transformers: The Last Knight opens tonight in the U.S. and it’s projected to be the lowest opening in the Hasbro cinematic series with a five-day take of $70 million at 3,800 theaters.

Age Of Extinction per Deadline’s film finance sources, minted a profit of $250M after all ancillaries with an estimated $30M in revenue coming from merchandising — the real reason why studios continue to keep these dusty franchises in business, particularly with the wane of home entertainment monies. Age Of Extinction and 2011’s Dark Of The Moon cleared $1.1 billion and $1.12B at the global box office, respectively, and the trick for Paramount is getting Last Knight to that same result.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Honestly, I think that the fact that it was so heavily promoted, and having a shorter run-time, as well as opening in nearly 4,000 theaters, it will hit 100 million bucks in 5 days. Probably get to a billion as well by the time it's through.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby dabattousai » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 am

Just got back from seeing the movie and was disappointed with a lot of the concepts, one of them being a spoiler so I will not say. I really hope Michael Bay is done after this...
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:48 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
william-james88 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Just saw TLK. I never thought I'd see the day. I never thought I'd see the goddamn day where I walk out of a Transformers movie, not only disappointed, but pissed the **** off. I don't know. Maybe I'm going insane. Maybe I'm just being conformed to be just like everyone else on this stupid ass planet. I don't know. I'm going to need to sleep on this before I just start going off.

Just remember that you have people here that care about you and can share in your misery. Rest well!

Heck no! He's given us 8 years of misery, 8 years of abuse, 8 years of condescension, he can suffer in his jocks on his own!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Blackstreak » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:02 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Having seen the first showing for the Cincinnati area I don't see why The Last Knight can't do what it's predecessor did. The only thing I would have liked to see was more Dinobot action.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9

Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: The Last Knight Score Incoming, plus LA Q&A for Score: A Music Docum

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:49 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The official Steve Jablonsky Facebook page has posted an update from the Transformers music composer - including for The Last Knight - confirming his presence this Friday 23 June in LA, for the Score: A Film Music Documentary, for a Q&A and more!

Hey if you're in LA this coming Friday and want to come say hi and ask me stuff.....maybe questions like "how did you get to be so awesome?" or "is it difficult being so awesome?".....I'll be hanging out at this ArcLight Cinema for a screening of Score: A Film Music Documentary. Hope to meet some of you there!

But if you're here for The Last Knight news, as you probably are, we have a non-update on the full score for the movie, thanks to Jablonsky himself on Twitter. We'll just have to keep waiting for now...

Don't have an official release date yet but it's currently sitting on my desktop

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner & Mark Wahlberg at Transformers: The Last Knight Charity Screening

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:56 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Notified by a Hasbro Twitter update, we have images of another type of screening for Transformers: The Last Knight, featuring both cast member Mark Wahlberg and Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner - a charity screening for the Mark Wahlber Youth Foundation! Check out the images featuring the two below, and let us know if you attended any special screenings by you in the Energon Pub!

Have spoilers or want to discuss the movie itself with other fans who've seen it? Head to our spoiler thread for TLK - right here!

IMAGE DISTRIBUTED FOR HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT star, Mark Wahlberg talks to the crowd during the pre-screening festivities at the TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Charity Premiere with the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation at Showcase LIVE, Patriot Place in Foxborough, Mass., Monday, June 19, 2017. (Photo by Stew Milne/Invision for Hasbro/AP Images)

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby TurboMMaster » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Heck no! He's given us 8 years of misery, 8 years of abuse, 8 years of condescension, he can suffer in his jocks on his own!
No this long here, but I agree. To be honest, If Sly liked DOTM, witch was a terrible movie for me, then maybe we should take dis disappointment as a good coin :-? ?

And considering Author, no doubt about soundtrack in this one. He never dissapoints.
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby dragons » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:24 am

I liked movie compare what we get in cartoons and comics it kind matched up good little girl parts where little slow hope we get sequel not reboot to see unicron in sequel some new directors are good on series and some new directors are bad where series had left new director picking up gi joe retaliation better than first, batman forever and batman robin bad bat nipples on guy costumes and no bat nipples on batgirl costume costumes don't need nipples but guys get them not female, and city was to colorful,.

If we get sequel by new director it could be bad or good
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby robotcaveman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:27 am

Just saw the movie last knight. BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
robotcaveman
Mini-Con

Postby Big Grim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:09 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Whoa. The last few reviews of this film are freakin' savage. This film is worse that AoE? That's hard to imagine.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
TurboMMaster wrote:
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

No this long here, but I agree. To be honest, If Sly liked DOTM, witch was a terrible movie for me, then maybe we should take dis disappointment as a good coin :-? ?

And considering Author, no doubt about soundtrack in this one. He never dissapoints.

I think I still liked TLK more than DOTM. I never really cared for the first half of DOTM, whereas only the last act of TLK retroactively ruined the rest of the movie. It was like they were building up a bunch of interesting concepts that either just never went anywhere, or just completely fell apart. AOE is still my favorite.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:55 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Big Grim wrote:Whoa. The last few reviews of this film are freakin' savage. This film is worse that AoE? That's hard to imagine.

I don't think that is really the case, but we will cover that in some spoiler reviews later!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Big Grim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:16 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Big Grim wrote:Whoa. The last few reviews of this film are freakin' savage. This film is worse that AoE? That's hard to imagine.

I don't think that is really the case, but we will cover that in some spoiler reviews later!

We'll see in time, sure. I mean, these reviews are not from TF sites.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 am

What hurts me the most about this movie is that I feel like I'm betraying the movie franchise by being disappointed by TLK. I've been the only person willing to defend these movies to the death, but now I don't feel like I can't do that with this one. I wanted to like it much more than I do, but I can't, and I truly feel like I'm betraying something here.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Deadput » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Have not seen the movie myself yet (But will today) I heard the first hour is the best part.

Keeping my expectations low especially since Sly himself is disappointed which worries me as someone who is a fan who can accept and overlook the flaws of the previous films.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am

Motto: ""IF A MAN THINKETH, SO IS HE""
Weapon: Shotgun
I saw this movie at a fan screening last night...This movie has destroyed any chance of me caring of any transformer movie moving forward into the future of Michael bay films. I can't believe no one was on deck to tell him to trash this movie.
So sad...
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3
Banned
Alt Mode: Diesel Truck
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 am

Deadput wrote:Have not seen the movie myself yet (But will today) I heard the first hour is the best part.

Keeping my expectations low especially since Sly himself is disappointed which worries me as someone who is a fan who can accept and overlook the flaws of the previous films.

I'd say the first hour and a half are great. There's a moment halfway through one particular fight scene where you can tell the writers just stopped giving a ****. Even the quality of the dialogue dropped exponentially, and it stayed that way through the rest of the movie.

I was fine with AOE's poopy dialogue, because it was throughout the entire movie. That was its style. But here, some of the best dialogue that's ever been uttered in the entire franchise permeated the first half, while the second half dropped even below AOE's standards. And it's not just the dialogue that drops. You'll just have to see for yourself.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
SlyTF1 wrote:What hurts me the most about this movie is that I feel like I'm betraying the movie franchise by being disappointed by TLK. I've been the only person willing to defend these movies to the death, but now I don't feel like I can't do that with this one. I wanted to like it much more than I do, but I can't, and I truly feel like I'm betraying something here.

What makes this film so much worse than the rest?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:55 am

G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:I saw this movie at a fan screening last night...This movie has destroyed any chance of me caring of any transformer movie moving forward into the future of Michael bay films. I can't believe no one was on deck to tell him to trash this movie.
So sad...

It's not Bay's fault at all. It was the producers that ruined it. They were going to make Bay shoot without a completed script. BAY is the one who had to force them to hire a team of writers. And this is what they gave him. That's why I think Bay wants out of the franchise after this movie. They gave him bullshit to work with, out of spite.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:57 am

william-james88 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:What hurts me the most about this movie is that I feel like I'm betraying the movie franchise by being disappointed by TLK. I've been the only person willing to defend these movies to the death, but now I don't feel like I can't do that with this one. I wanted to like it much more than I do, but I can't, and I truly feel like I'm betraying something here.

What makes this film so much worse than the rest?

There were so many plot points that were brought up that were just glossed over. Even the knights and the creators, which was my absolute favorite part of AOE, the mystery behind them, was completely glossed over. Anything else, and I'd be getting into spoilers.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby It Is Him » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Brands don't need you to defend them. They're not our friends, no matter how hard they try to ingratiate themselves into our lives. We can be vocal about fandom without justifying this one small part of it
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

The Last Knight box office prediction

Postby Dmhead » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:19 pm

The word of mouth for this film is quite bad. Could TLK perform well despiste being panned by the critics?
Dmhead
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM320 351B (CA) Aguillo (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR230038 1A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ICE CREAM MAN #37 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM392 37B (CA) Langridge"
ICE CREAM MAN #37 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124B"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #60 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 FEB230264 60A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #12 Cvr F Image Comics 2021 APR210170 12F (W) Kirkman (CA) Di Meo"
FIRE POWER #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220241 331B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #331 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220238 17A (CA) Bianchi"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr E 1:10 Connecting Image Comics 2023 0823IM290 1E (CA)Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM386 3B (CA) Clarke (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON