This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:46 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ship exterior sure does look a hell of a lot like the entrance of the derelict ship in alien
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Big Grim » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:28 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
That jet gives my a classic Cyclonus vibe!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby SnoopDawg » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:55 am

Motto: ""Give me your face!""
Weapon: Neutron Rifle
Am I the only one who thinks that Barricade concept art looks bad*ss? I definitely prefer the concept over the actual.
SnoopDawg
Mini-Con
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby IAPETUS_PRIME » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 am

Motto: "Wit beyond measure is a bot's greatest treasure."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
This is the third time my name was spelled wrong. :-(
IAPETUS_PRIME
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4
Alt Mode: Heavily armored cybertronian jet
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby Bronzewolf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
IAPETUS_PRIME wrote:This is the third time my name was spelled wrong. :-(

Sorry, man! Autocorrect! Fixing now.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Transformers: The Last Knight and other Paramount Films have Incurred "Huge Losses" for Partner Huah

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
An exclusive article from Variety tells that Paramount's film financing partner Huahua, a media company based in China, is angry at "losing tens of millions of dollars on a $1 billion slate-financing deal with Paramount Pictures".

The anonymous source, close to Huahua, says the following in the article:

We have incurred losses for the first months of the current year. These are not trivial losses; they are huge losses.

Viacom needs to explain a better plan for how it spends [our] investment money

This has prompted Viacom (the owner of Parmount) executives to visit China in hope to reassure Huahua.

The article specifically highlights Transformers: The Last Knight as a major factor in the current distress, here is another quote from the article:

The company was particularly incensed that the most recent “Transformers” did not perform better in China. The film made nearly $230 million in the Middle Kingdom, but that was a significant drop-off from the $320 million earned by its predecessor, “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” in 2014.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
SnoopDawg wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Barricade concept art looks bad*ss? I definitely prefer the concept over the actual.

Me as well in fact I thought of a way to use both designs that would of made people happy.

The concept art up there would be the actual Barricade

While the one used in the film would become Barricade's Vehicon squad which would be kind of like a real life police squad and there would be around 6-8 of them in the movie...they would be cannon fodder but they would be awesome while being so. and would probably be a reason to have some of the Decepticons survive the movie or at least last until the final battle unlike what happened to them in the movie.

As you can see by the art alone there is some differences between the two designs besides the heads for example Barricade is black and white while the Vehicons would be blue and white, the arm guns are different as well...also if this was my movie only Barricade would have knuckledusters and Barricade would keep his old "To punish and enslave" motto while the Vehicons would have "Keep calm and hail Megatron" that was on Barricade's car later in the film.

Huh while making this post I just noticed the revamped concept art has the rear view being the same colors and design (gun arm) as the first version Josh did but it has the new head.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Kurona » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Damn, that's surprising. Maybe this'll prompt Paramount into giving the movies a different approach?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Kurona wrote:Damn, that's surprising. Maybe this'll prompt Paramount into giving the movies a different approach?

I personally think its because Paramount was relying on this Transformers film to balance out the year's losses so far. So not only did its own budget need to be met, but previous losses too. And as of now, it has barely made back its budget in terms of revenue Paramount is actually getting.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Kurona wrote:Damn, that's surprising. Maybe this'll prompt Paramount into giving the movies a different approach?

Let's certainly hope so. You'd think they would listen to the fans or the declining interest in the movies.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Skill: 8

Postby Deadput » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:39 pm

WreckerJack wrote:

Let's certainly hope so. You'd think they would listen to the fans or the declining interest in the movies.

It's franchise fatigue...the movies being mediocre just sped up the process that's finally starting to catch up with marvel films like look how Spiderman is doing.

I don't think the movies becoming "great" is going to help much...the awe factor that was around for 2007 and Rotf for Transformers movies being a new and big thing is gone so if a reboot happens all that's really going to happen is.

"Oh hey look another Transformers movie"

When was the last time people got excited for reboots again?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Deadput » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Furio uploaded another angle of the Knight helmet we have seen before so while nothing exciting it's something and I rather get a whole lot of concept art that might be a little repetitive then barely anything that leaves me wanting more.

I like how the eyes look though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYnUAugkRy/?taken-by=furio_tedeschi
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Plastic Hero » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Motto: ""When all hope seems lost, look up. Because THAT is when heroes will rise.""
[quote="Bronzewolf"]Coming hot off the heels of the Red Knight piece reported on earlier today, we now have a gallery's worth of concept art for Transformers The Last Knight, coming from three artists

Anyone else notice galvatron sittin on the ship next to prime? :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomaspringle1
Plastic Hero
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Watch Plastic Hero on YouTube
Alt Mode: 1970 mustang boss 302
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Deadput » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Clockwork Animations wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:Coming hot off the heels of the Red Knight piece reported on earlier today, we now have a gallery's worth of concept art for Transformers The Last Knight, coming from three artists

Anyone else notice galvatron sittin on the ship next to prime? :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomaspringle1

Yeah the Galvatron and Prime on the poseter are very likely placeholders.

I recognize that Galvatron as a fan made render and the Optimus is from some fan art I think

Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Deadput wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

It's franchise fatigue...the movies being mediocre just sped up the process that's finally starting to catch up with marvel films like look how Spiderman is doing.

I honestly think if they took a few years off and did something with a better director they could pull it off.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295

Postby JazZeke » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Maybe Hasbro needs to make some movies of their other properties and once they're established, THEN introduce a rebooted Transformers into their movieverse.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Speed: 6
Courage: 9

Postby o.supreme » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
There is one thing that saddens me about all of this. Are the movies good...No they are not. Well I probably give them more credit than most, but I cant deny they are a mess, especially this latest one...

Still there are internet trolls everywhere celebrating the *death* of this franchise. Its not that they want a fresh take on Transformers, they legitimately want it to go away, forever, and sad to say, I can see this happening.

Most fans hope, maybe this will get Paramount to rethink things and start over. But remember, this film franchise is only a decade old. Its more likely to cease completely, which makes me sad.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Blackstreak » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Poor, Chinese! A business venture is a risk for all partners involved. Bunch of whiney children.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9

Postby Cmdr. Trailblazer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Motto: ""Just because you are powerful, it doesn't mean you will win. The power of the mind can win out before the body.""
Weapon: Thermal Sword
Blackstreak wrote:Poor, Chinese! A business venture is a risk for all partners involved. Bunch of whiney children.

The Chinese ain't the only ones that are disappointed. The Last Knight did a good deal worse then was expected financially, and it was projected to be one of the lowest of the franchise. Also, they invested 1 BILLION DOLLARS. That's not a little bit of money. I'd say they have the right to be a bit so-called 'whiney'. If I loaned someone a billion dollars, I'd be pissy too if I didn't get it back.

o.supreme wrote:There is one thing that saddens me about all of this. Are the movies good...No they are not. Well I probably give them more credit than most, but I cant deny they are a mess, especially this latest one...

Still there are internet trolls everywhere celebrating the *death* of this franchise. Its not that they want a fresh take on Transformers, they legitimately want it to go away, forever, and sad to say, I can see this happening.

Most fans hope, maybe this will get Paramount to rethink things and start over. But remember, this film franchise is only a decade old. Its more likely to cease completely, which makes me sad.

This is unfortunately very true. I've seen it all over the place. People wanting the franchise to go away. However, the movies are all they see. The franchise goes further beyond the movies. The shows and to a much lesser degree, the comics, often have to ride on the success of these movies. If the movie franchise goes away, along with the audience they have and bring, I think it may signal the decline of the entire brand.
Last edited by Cmdr. Trailblazer on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cmdr. Trailblazer
Fuzor
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby DeathReviews » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
I like hearing good news about Transformers, but I make no secret of the fact that I don't think much of the 'Bayverse' films. They're too formulaic for my taste, too predictable. Bay has a number of gimmicks that he's known for in his movies, and for Transformers in particular he seems to be going through a playbook step by step. And in the most recent movie, they put more emphasis on camera movement and rotation than on good writing. Just being in an IMAX theater doesn't mean people will like it.

And what's the deal with having the actors either screaming at the top of their lungs, or mumbling/muttering so low under their breath, that you can't understand a word they're saying? It isn't just Transformers doing that either, it's in lots of films and TV shows. It's like the writers gave up on having the characters actually saying anything and just have them mumble to cover up the fact that what they're saying really isn't very interesting.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Deadput » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:11 pm

DeathReviews wrote:And what's the deal with having the actors either screaming at the top of their lungs, or mumbling/muttering so low under their breath, that you can't understand a word they're saying? It isn't just Transformers doing that either, it's in lots of films and TV shows. It's like the writers gave up on having the characters actually saying anything and just have them mumble to cover up the fact that what they're saying really isn't very interesting.

To be fair this has kind of been happening forever...it's just been happening more lately.

I have sensitive ears (my definition of loud noise is probably more then other people's) and while I can hear the "noise" well enough I still have trouble understanding what words are being said sometimes and the biggest problem?

The damn music is always louder then anything else...thank god for the video games that allow me turn down the music a bunch and raise the voices.

I also don't think it's a writers thing most of the time it's either on the Actors making stuff up that isn't in the script to begin with or a director telling the actors to say other things.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Deadput » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:34 pm

The Pringles man has uploaded a couple more pieces of art.

The Talisman which is...a uh talisman nothing else to really say about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXZBwykjMA2/?taken-by=pringleart

Megatron in jet form flying across the desert which is presumably based off the scene where Megatron meets Lennox and the Trf.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXZDbR4DxJ5/?taken-by=pringleart

Hopefully this doesn't come across as me telling you guys on how to do your job but instead of making a post everyday about a couple bits of art I would wait about a week and then make a big post with everything in it that way more people will notice the post and it won't clutter up the main page and it will be easier for people to find these in the future instead of going through post after post to find a couple of specific pieces.

I talked to Josh Nizzi briefly and I know he is going to upload other stuff like for example the prison Decepticons and Josh seems to be going on a "upload one a day" schedule...I did suggest for him to do that in the comments for the WW2 Bumblebee post so it would generate hype.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Bronzewolf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Deadput wrote:The Pringles man has uploaded a couple more pieces of art.

The Talisman which is...a uh talisman nothing else to really say about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXZBwykjMA2/?taken-by=pringleart

Megatron in jet form flying across the desert which is presumably based off the scene where Megatron meets Lennox and the Trf.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXZDbR4DxJ5/?taken-by=pringleart

Hopefully this doesn't come across as me telling you guys on how to do your job but instead of making a post everyday about a couple bits of art I would wait about a week and then make a big post with everything in it that way more people will notice the post and it won't clutter up the main page and it will be easier for people to find these in the future instead of going through post after post to find a couple of specific pieces.

I talked to Josh Nizzi briefly and I know he is going to upload other stuff like for example the prison Decepticons and Josh seems to be going on a "upload one a day" schedule...I did suggest for him to do that in the comments for the WW2 Bumblebee post so it would generate hype.

Appreciate the imput, Deadput, that's a good idea. I don't think any of us expected this much, so that might be what we do going forward, if this keeps up.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby User897 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Good. Hopefully it puts a nail in the Bay coffin. HasBLO should get their fingers slammed in the door too on their way out.
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:24 pm

User897 wrote:Good. Hopefully it puts a nail in the Bay coffin. HasBLO should get their fingers slammed in the door too on their way out.
A fantastic idea man I bet they want to work extra hard just for you now.../s

Hasbro is basically one half of why Transformers exist...this would be like you hoping one of your parents gets hurt for not buying the toy you wanted.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON