This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:50 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
noctorro wrote:That actor shouldn't have different roles in the same movie series, I can't believe they did that.
You mean how Stanley Tucci played Joshua Joyce last movie and Merlin in this one? They'd already done that before with Glenn Morshower playing Colonel Sharp (who got killed) in the first movie and then General Morshower in all the sequels minus AOE.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby EunuchRon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Motto: "That which does not kill us sure leaves a mark."
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
noctorro wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So I just finished watching the movie for the first time. It was bad. Like really bad. Even worse than I had been led to belive. It tall made ROTF look good.

Agreed. Yet Mr. Bay warned us right from the go. Explosions and humor.
That actor shouldn't have different roles in the same movie series, I can't believe they did that.

I've seen TV series do that. Jeffrey Combs played several roles in Deep Space Nine.
EunuchRon
Minibot
Alt Mode: Planet-eating Gas Giant
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby Kurona » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
It's absolutely fine as long as you can pull them off convincingly and/or there's an in universe explanation. I had no idea, for instance, that Gwen Cooper in Torchwood was played by the same actress who played Gwenyth in Doctor Who Series 1. Despite the two being in the same universe, having the same very distinct accent, and having similar goddamn names.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Insurgent » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Kurona wrote:It's absolutely fine as long as you can pull them off convincingly and/or there's an in universe explanation. I had no idea, for instance, that Gwen Cooper in Torchwood was played by the same actress who played Gwenyth in Doctor Who Series 1. Despite the two being in the same universe, having the same very distinct accent, and having similar goddamn names.

Hehe. The doctor and rose actually comment on that when they see her in tge stilen earth. Or the following one, i forget it's name. Multi spatial duplicity or something. But yeah, i have no problems with it. Doctor who did it all the time. Karen gillian, freema agyman, even colin baker did it. And capaldi played three parts including the doctor and made a pli point of it.

I've seen TV series do that. Jeffrey Combs played several roles in Deep Space Nine.[/quote]

Once even in the same episode
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Kurona » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Insurgent wrote:
Kurona wrote:It's absolutely fine as long as you can pull them off convincingly and/or there's an in universe explanation. I had no idea, for instance, that Gwen Cooper in Torchwood was played by the same actress who played Gwenyth in Doctor Who Series 1. Despite the two being in the same universe, having the same very distinct accent, and having similar goddamn names.

Hehe. The doctor and rose actually comment on that when they see her in tge stilen earth. Or the following one, i forget it's name. Multi spatial duplicity or something. But yeah, i have no problems with it. Doctor who did it all the time. Karen gillian, freema agyman, even colin baker did it. And capaldi played three parts including the doctor and made a pli point of it.

I've seen TV series do that. Jeffrey Combs played several roles in Deep Space Nine.

Once even in the same episode

Those too! I will say though, it's very bizarre - but also very heartwarming now I know he was a huge fan of the series - to go back and watch Capaldi in Fires of Pompeii after 4 years of him as The Doctor.

Now, naturally, as I've said; this can be done convincingly - but other times not. So this begs the question since I haven't actually seen TLK; how different was this actor's new role and did he pull it off well enough that you didn't think he was the same guy?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sigma Magnus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
In terms of appearance, they looked nothing alike. The performance, from what I remember, was also fairly distinct. I only knew it was the same actor because I found out beforehand.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Insurgent » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

He pulled it off. Merlin was drunk. Literally the entire time he's on screen. He voice, hi mannarisms, everything was different from his aoe performance. If i hadn't been told before hand, i woul never have known it was the same guy.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm

And frankly, Merlin was more fun a character than Joshua was.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby TulioDude » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Insurgent wrote:He pulled it off. Merlin was drunk. Literally the entire time he's on screen. He voice, hi mannarisms, everything was different from his aoe performance. If i hadn't been told before hand, i woul never have known it was the same guy.

I feel the same.I didnt realize they were the same actor,before looking at the wiki.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Va'al » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:02 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TM, ® & Copyright © 2017 by Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Sent by Paramount Pictures Corp. 5555 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90038.
To unsubscribe from Paramount Pictures' newsletter please click here
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Insurgent » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:52 am

Most memorable part of this movie was the horse doing a cartwheel.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 am

Reports are coming in that the digital copy of TLK has some parts of the movie missing.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Insurgent » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 am

Does that mean we can say there are three cuts of this film?
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Reports are coming in that the digital copy of TLK has some parts of the movie missing.

What parts?
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:48 am

Ironhidensh wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Reports are coming in that the digital copy of TLK has some parts of the movie missing.

What parts?
Thus far, the first scene with Wheelie and the scene with the Vatti Transformer.

Minor bits, yes, but there's no real good reason that they should be missing at all.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bronzewolf » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Thanks to a tip from Paramount themselves today, we've found out that there's a cool contest going on over on the Transformers Movie facebook page! In partnership with Facebook live, the brand team behind the Transformers: The Last Knight page is running a Transformers character tournament where fans that tune in to the livestreams can vote on which characters should proceed onto the next round, or proceed on their way to oblivion!

While the contest only features characters from the live action films, it's still enjoyable to make sure your favorite 'bot gets to the top!
It's run using a bracket system, and voting for the first round for the Autobot side has already ended, but the livestreams for Round 1 on the Decepticon side will begin approximately 16 hours from the time of writing.
See the website for the current bracket here, and make sure to keep an eye on the facebook page, here!
Place your bets on who wins it all down below in the Energon pub forums!

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6

New Transformers: The Last Knight trailer for UK release

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Transformers fans in the UK will be able to own Transformers: The Last Knight soon. We have posted the exclusive trailer below for your viewing pleasure. According to the video description we now know some release dates.

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

Available to Download & Keep - 16th October
Available on DVD, Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray & 4K UHD - 30th October

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Re: New Transformers: The Last Knight trailer for UK release

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:08 pm

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise,
That's putting it mildly.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby dragons » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 am

A lot of people who don't like this movie there is a lot of talk about it
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:13 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
dragons wrote:A lot of people who don't like this movie there is a lot of talk about it

It IS ironic.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
dragons wrote:A lot of people who don't like this movie there is a lot of talk about it

It IS ironic.
People know and recognize what's wrong with it. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby excalibur1814 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 am

Motto: ""To fall in battle is to fail in war""
Weapon: Seven-Year Sword
I gave the film 4\10 and that was being kind. Another movie that features humans doing stuff with a bit of robot action now and then. Another movie where prime spouts 'I'll kill you'. Absolute crap. At least the scenery was nice. The Transformers are simply throw away items to these films.
Twitter: @DamianRJones
excalibur1814
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Transformers: The Last Knight, More Concept Images!

Postby Tyrannacon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:30 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Collider posted some new concept images from Transformers: The Last Knight. In it is an interesting take on the gladiatorial arena from what possibly is Kaon between both Optimus Prime and Megatron fighting in said area. Which is a change up because Optimus wasn't a gladiator to begin with! The article is worth checking out for the concept art pieces alone, but it offers insight into the special features of the discs too as a refresher.

Click the above image to head on over to Collider and check out their article as well as the accompanying gorgeous concept art created for the fifth installment!
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby EunuchRon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:20 am

Motto: "That which does not kill us sure leaves a mark."
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
That wouldn't make sense to be a flashback shot since Megs and Prime are both in their newer modes. Yeah, I know, "nothing makes sense in Bayverse" is what SOMEONE is gonna say, but I wonder if they were gonna have Megs and Prime duke it out on Cybertron at some point and that got cut from the script. I could see Megs arranging that with Quintessa because he'd love to put Prime there for a 1 vs 1. Missed opportunity for sure.
EunuchRon
Minibot
Alt Mode: Planet-eating Gas Giant
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby Kurona » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:22 am

Since this is concept art, it seems more likely that the designer just grabbed a couple of random character models as an example.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #21 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 21B MAR200701 (CA) Su"
TRANSFORMERS #21 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D GI JOE 0124IM250 (CA) Clarke (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915S"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAR210483 31B (CA) Panda (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #43 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220501 43A (CA) Simeone"
TRANSFORMERS #43 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010N"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220490 14A (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 #0 IDW Comics 2019 JUN190704 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 JUN221676 4D (CA) Won"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118A"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON