This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #41 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #41 Cover by Alex Milne

Postby Deadput » Wed May 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Ginrai Minor wrote::PRAY: please don't get rid of Thunderclash Mr. Roberts please oh please

He dead Jim
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Optimizzy » Wed May 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I mean, I think it's ok to have females...its just we've had like one...and now they are everywhere suddenly and there should be some explanation, like the colonies are opening up and people joining. Firestar seems like she's been with Thunderclash for a while. Just seems strange when everyone reacted with surprise to fembots when Nautica, Chromia and Windblade were revealed but apparently they were everywhere.

With Roberts high quaility world building it just seems sloppy. Surely I'm just not catching something right?
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Hes not dead if hes standinv infront of his grave XD
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Shuttershock » Wed May 13, 2015 4:43 pm

What makes me think we're going to get the Thunderclash equivalent of this:

Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 13, 2015 5:08 pm

Why are people getting so emotional over a character with almost zero history and appeared very little in one issue?

Oooooooooooh right. He's being written by James Roberts. Apparently that's all that's needed.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Ginrai Minor » Wed May 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Motto: "All will cease to function in time, peace will then exist."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Thunderclash is forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ginrai Minor
Vehicon
Watch Ginrai Minor on YouTube
Buy from Ginrai Minor on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A

Postby Deadput » Wed May 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Randomhero wrote:Why are people getting so emotional over a character with almost zero history and appeared very little in one issue?

Oooooooooooh right. He's being written by James Roberts. Apparently that's all that's needed.

Cause Thunderclash is love Thunderclash is life?

But in all seriousness Thunderclash had quite a bit of history even if he has only appeared in one issue other characters talk about Thunderclash enough to have some history.

And that James Roberts comment was just rude we the readers are not that bias.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
HAS some history even g1 history in matter of a fact
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Speed: 10

Postby griftimus prime » Wed May 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i would prefer to see no flames coming out of the head of any transformer. like it is flowing hair or something. maybe she should have pigtails too.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I like the fact that they are introducing so many females, and while it does appear to be an intro-dump, it makes sense that Thunderclash would find many new crewmates from all over the universe.
I also like the flaming hair. It's new and it makes Firestar appear to have waving hair, something few transformers have ever had. 2 thumbs up for me for the cover and preview :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Optimizzy » Wed May 13, 2015 8:14 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I like the fact that they are introducing so many females, and while it does appear to be an intro-dump, it makes sense that Thunderclash would find many new crewmates from all over the universe.
I also like the flaming hair. It's new and it makes Firestar appear to have waving hair, something few transformers have ever had. 2 thumbs up for me for the cover and preview :BOT:

It's not so much an introduce as it feels like a "hey look who was here THE WHOLE TIME" Nikel was handled well, fire stars intro is separated by one issue. I would have rather seen a little more. And I hate the "hair". It must have some Camien religious purpose but I think it's step in the unrealistic direction.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Why are people getting so emotional over a character with almost zero history and appeared very little in one issue?

But in all seriousness Thunderclash had quite a bit of history even if he has only appeared in one issue other characters talk about Thunderclash enough to have some history.

It's true though. The preview of 39 with the introduction of Nickel before the issue came out and people just gushed over her. All she did was nag in the preview and the boards were screaming "SO CUTE! "NEW FAV CHARACTER!" "I LOVE NICKEL!" Cmon, if she had shown up in any other book she wouldn't get that much praise. D.O.C. showed in in a preview of RID with Jetfire and no one cared. That can even be said for the DJD in general. Characterless, over powered empty shells yet people scratch and claw over them praying for hasbro or third parties to make toys all because they're in mtmte and are Roberts babies.

If roberts introduces a twig and has tailgate snap it, tumblr will cry out and start dissecting the signifigance and deep meaning of what the twig meant.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Optimizzy » Wed May 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Randomhero wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

It's true though. The preview of 39 with the introduction of Nickel before the issue came out and people just gushed over her. All she did was nag in the preview and the boards were screaming "SO CUTE! "NEW FAV CHARACTER!" "I LOVE NICKEL!" Cmon, if she had shown up in any other book she wouldn't get that much praise. D.O.C. showed in in a preview of RID with Jetfire and no one cared. That can even be said for the DJD in general. Characterless, over powered empty shells yet people scratch and claw over them praying for hasbro or third parties to make toys all because they're in mtmte and are Roberts babies.

If roberts introduces a twig and has tailgate snap it, tumblr will cry out and start dissecting the signifigance and deep meaning of what the twig meant.

Yeah. But it's not true. im a huge Roberts fan and I hated nickel when I first saw her. I said all kinds of things. Go check if you want. The thing is, Roberts is a good writer. That's why we like him.
Optimizzy
Headmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 13, 2015 9:15 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Randomhero wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

I think we need to consider the audiences too. The transformers and Windblade appear to do better with longtime fans and have greater use of established characters for the most part.
More Than Meets The Eye is a whole new beast altogether. This comic is essentially a combination of dark and light, seriousness and humor, old and new. They introduce a lot of new characters so they don't have to use the same old guys over and over. Swerve, Whirl, Tailgate among others have received super-stardom through MTMTE. Heck, when issue 38 finally came out, #MTMTE was one of the most popular tags on Tumblr, which is a pretty big social media site. MTMTE is for anyone and everyone and it uses lots of ideas and methods from many different sources. That's why it is my favorite comic of all time: It is utterly unique and I love it, and apparently so do a lot of people who use social media :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus

Alex Milne Tweets Addtional Looks at Thunderclash's the Vis Vitalis and Countdown

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed May 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
In a couple of tweets from Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye artist Alex Milne gives us additional looks at Thunderclash's ship the Vis Vitalis and Countdown. Both will be featured in the upcoming Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #41 comic which if you missed the preview, it can be seen here.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Deadput » Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Lol at the fact that Countdown is introduced and killed on the same page just wow.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Grahf_ » Wed May 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
That ship reminds me of a combination of the Yggdrasil IV from Xenogears, the Ptolemaios from Gundam 00 and the SDF1 from Robotech.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Re: Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #41 Discussion Thread

Postby Wolfguard » Thu May 14, 2015 1:00 am

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
"I want that ship, not excuses."

I would totally buy this if they sold it for WST.

:BOT:
"Logic is the ultimate weapon" - Prowl
Wolfguard
Minibot
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby durroth » Thu May 14, 2015 3:46 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Lol at the fact that Countdown is introduced and killed on the same page just wow.
Lets be fair, it's not shown what happens, just implied. We have no proof that was... :-? ... :saint: ... 8) the final Countdown 8)
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby MrBlack » Thu May 14, 2015 5:57 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Great googly moogly were being invaded.

Nothing wrong with females just weird to me how they just suddenly show up in doves.

:roll:

"Eww, girls are icky! Keep them out of my fightin' robot comics!"
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby MrBlack » Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 am

Randomhero wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

In all fairness to John Barber, James Roberts did a far better job in making Nickel an interesting character in a few pages than Barber has done in all of D.O.C.'s appearances. Same for the DJD, or at least Tarn: Roberts made him a compelling character.

There is a reason people like James Roberts, even if you don't see it.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:44 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Va'al wrote:We've seen the Alex Milne cover for the 41st issue of Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye from IDW Publishing - how about we look at what's inside, too? Courtesy of Mariel Romero's screenshooting, we have a glimpse at the first three pages via iTunes. Check them out mirrored below - but be warned, there may be spoilers for the issue!

“Dear RODIMUS and crew… It’s my funeral tomorrow and I’d love it if you could all be there. Refreshments will be provided. Please R.S.V.P.—THUNDERCLASH”

Brainstorm is back? I thought he was like arrested or something for trying to change history?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress

Postby ctrlFrequency » Thu May 14, 2015 6:51 am

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Oh goodness, this is a bit absurd. Not the Bots, the reactions.

I don't understand why boys have such a knee jerk reaction to girls in the TF world. We're not going to give you cooties (or cyber cooties in the case of the Bots)

As long as they aren't GiggleBots I'll be happy. I'd like more strong female characters (our girls need to grow up knowing it's okay to not like MLP and instead like giant alien robots, and be able to identify with the characters, just please refrain from airhead dimwits, Mr Roberts, I have faith you can write a good solid female character...)

I'd like to see more female oriented Cons... besides the angry bitch stereotypes (we can evil without being unexplainably angry and b****y)

Not a fan of the fire hair...
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.

Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here

HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944

Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Postby Optimizzy » Thu May 14, 2015 7:14 am

ctrlFrequency wrote:Oh goodness, this is a bit absurd. Not the Bots, the reactions.

I don't understand why boys have such a knee jerk reaction to girls in the TF world. We're not going to give you cooties (or cyber cooties in the case of the Bots)

As long as they aren't GiggleBots I'll be happy. I'd like more strong female characters (our girls need to grow up knowing it's okay to not like MLP and instead like giant alien robots, and be able to identify with the characters, just please refrain from airhead dimwits, Mr Roberts, I have faith you can write a good solid female character...)

I'd like to see more female oriented Cons... besides the angry **** stereotypes (we can evil without being unexplainably angry and b****y)

Not a fan of the fire hair...

Missing the point entirely.

Females have been established to be a rarity on cybertron. Yes, there used to be lots but they left with the other colonies.

My point is not that there are females, my point is that it's established that they are being reintroduced to cybertronian civilization. To suddenly have female characters appear along side cybertronians as if they were always there is the problem. Fire star should be someone who just signed on. Not someone very familiar with Thunderclash and his generals. I mean it's possible, but it seems unlikely that we wouldn't see her before now, given their rarity.

Again, not about them being girls, but rather sticking with continuity. Roberts probably has it taken care of, he's good with that.
Optimizzy
Headmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRIMSTONE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d0h3 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
BRIMSTONE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 2002 220114A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHATTER Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018 New"
SHATTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESTRUCTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
DESTRUCTION MINI-C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAKEDOWN Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s5f3 2005 231102A"
BRAKEDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTLE FOR ENERGON Transformers Kre-o set Optimus Prime + Megatron 2012 New"
BATTLE FOR ENERGON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spychanger W.A.R.S. Transformers RID Spy Changers complete WARS 2001 230821A"
Spychanger W.A.R.S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WIND SHEER Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821"
WIND SHEER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCRACKER Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2006 230719A"
THUNDERCRACKER Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON