This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
On his Tumblr page, Alex Milne posted images of the upcoming five female characters that will be featured in the comics:

• Firestar
• Javelin
• Proxima
• Roadmaster
• Velocity

Mr. Milne also provided a writeup containing even more details and tidbits about the fembots, which you can read below:

So here are some of the characters I’ve been working on lately which have shown up on the cover to MTMTE 41 :) Yes, They are all female transformers and out of these designs 3 of them I also choose the names for.

It was fun to help create these characters. I know I’ve wanted more female characters in transformers for a while now. I’ve always placed one or more in the background of various TF projects I’ve worked on. Now we have the opportunity to have more of them and I’m very happy about that.

When the story came up for having new female characters I knew that I would like to have some of the characters that haven’t been used yet. I know I really wanted Firestar and James was able to get her for MTMTE. Then we were talking and he asked me to come up with a crew of new characters, both male and female and I was pretty excited about that. He didn’t have any names in mind at the time, so I wrote down a bunch of names and looked up on the wiki and tfu.info if they had been used. A lot of them hadn’t to my surprise so I showed them to James and he liked them. I then came up with a head sketch of them, and mentioned which ones were female and which ones were male, and he liked them. then I set out to design them.

These are the design I came up with. I wanted there to be a lot of different looking bots. First I started with Firestar. She is the more traditional look for a female TF, but where her main difference is her height. She is a very tall bot. She towers over most of the others. Not as tall as Megatron or Ultra Magnus, but she’s taller then Rodimus and most of the other Lost Light crew. I also had the idea to give her fire hair since in alt mode her head is the where the exhaust of the car. It also help add a little more emotion to the character since I can have the fire doing different things when she’s feeling different emotions. I thought it was different and something interesting to play with. With her torso design I decided to give her the same style of split canopy that Nautica has since it solved a design issue I was having at the time. Also I like the idea of some of the characters sharing similar design features :)
Next is Javelin. She was fin to draw since I wanted something very different looking. I enjoy the look of the head where is a single eye. i thought can we have a character with a single eye and not be a victim of empurata? why not?.
Next we have Proxima. When I described her to James I said she would be the equal of better of Perceptor. She would be a extreme multitasker. With her e4 head design she has main visor style eye, but 3 other eyes where 2 can move around her head.
Roadmaster was fun to design. I wanted a big characters that looked like she would bend and break you if you looked at her the wrong way. She is the biggest of the characters I’ve designed so far, matching Ultra Magnus in height (well to his head, not shoulders) When I was working on this character I thought an interesting variant would be to make a strika out of her, but then I would want strika to be a bit bigger then her. But the idea is in the back of my mind so maybe I’ll work something out of it?|
Last character who isn’t on the cover, but I saw that she was partially shown on a post on the credit’s page is Velocity. Another fun design where I got to play around with features that I don’t normally see with many TF’s :)

Thats it for now

Enjoy :)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne

Postby Moosey » Wed May 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Could this be related to the Fan-Built combiner? :-? :-?
Either way, they all have awesome designs and would love to see figures of them sometime.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
So, my thoughts:
Firestar: still like the "hair" and there is a reason for it, both in vehicle mode and emotionally. Also like that she is really tall. Have Rodimus look up to her :lol:
Javelin: That is a wonky character, but I kinda like the look. the one eye look actually looks like a mask that covers her actual face except the mouth.
Proxima: Perceptor may have found his conjunx endura or a challenge that will drive him bonkers.
Roadmaster: Now that is a beast of a lady bot, and I love that look. I think she may be my favorite. Like the fact that she is Ultra Magnus sized. I could see her and Roadbuster having a thing :lol:
Velocity: This is the Lady version of Blurr right there. I will be disappointed if Velocitron is not brought up. Love the helmet too. She's my second fav behind Roadmaster
Overall: Great job Mr. Milne. I approve. Many different new characters, and I have yet to find one I do not like in the slightest :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Moosey wrote:Could this be related to the Fan-Built combiner? :-? :-?
Either way, they all have awesome designs and would love to see figures of them sometime.

They don't really have the look of any of the molds save one, and I feel that Milne made these characters outside of combiner wars. That primarily left to Windblade and the Transformers.
Now mind you, I would not complain in the slightest if these were the new team and Nautica was meant to be the sixth, but I really doubt that :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Inaction » Wed May 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Oooh, me likey, especially Firestar, Proxima, and Roadmaster. If I could just have Roadmaster made as a figure, I'd be SOOOOOOOO happy.
Inaction
Micromaster

Postby fenrir72 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I wonder what the combined form will be called?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Moosey » Wed May 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

They don't really have the look of any of the molds save one, and I feel that Milne made these characters outside of combiner wars. That primarily left to Windblade and the Transformers.
Now mind you, I would not complain in the slightest if these were the new team and Nautica was meant to be the sixth, but I really doubt that :BOT:

Which did you see the likeness with? I kinda could see Firestar as a Silverbolt or Cyclonus remold.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4

Postby megatronus » Wed May 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Really loving that Firestar design!
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Moosey wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Which did you see the likeness with? I kinda could see Firestar as a Silverbolt or Cyclonus remold.

I can see Firestar being an aerialbot mold, like the Firefly mold, but that's about it :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 pm

On Firestar: They can use that name again? No more proxy Flare-Ups? Disney's cool with it?

And we get a female TF who looks to be possibly based on a design from Godannar, but it's one of the male bots? (Well, in combined form, its core is female)

Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby megatronus » Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Bumblevivisector wrote:On Firestar: They can use that name again? No more proxy Flare-Ups? Disney's cool with it?

And we get a female TF who looks to be possibly based on a design from Godannar, but it's one of the male bots? (Well, in combined form, its core is female)

I dunno... the only similarity I can discern at first glance is the fire hair.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby TGS1985 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Motto: "Don't mistake this as some misguided act of heroism, I'm only fighting because I happen to REALLY hate those other guys."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Huh, I was thinking of writing my first fan-fic and one of my main characters was going to be named Velocity.

Although, she was kind of the same color... If she ends up with a vehicle mode closely resembling the new Ford Focus ST then I will have to write a email to Alex Milne politely asking him to get out of my head!

Also I'd be curious if Flame Hair turns out to be the Transformers equivalent of 80's big hair which I don't think I'd be entirely against to be perfectly honest :D .
TGS1985
Micromaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Motto: "It is a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
I am loving these, particularly Javelin and Roadmaster! Would DIE if he brought back Strika :x I don't think these are the combiner fembots... I feel like that's something Hasbro plans on unveiling at SDCC. Which means MOAR fembots!!! Yes :grin:
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Buy from MartianSpyGirl1996 on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
These designs have a rather "Frame Arms" quality to them, which I like. I really like Firestar's flame-hair thing, especially the way Milne describes it as having the ability to change according to her emotions.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby DangerousFat » Wed May 13, 2015 9:25 pm

I dunno, clearly looks like 4 deluxes and a voyager. I'm hoping for femme combiner, but not holding my breath for it.
DangerousFat
Mini-Con

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed May 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Velocity should be Moonracer
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed May 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Why are people speculating on "IF" these are the fan-built combiner team? We know they are! It was reported over a month ago that the fan combiner would consist of 5 female Autobots, hail from The Sea of Rust, and would be rivals with "Galvatronus."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Convoy » Wed May 13, 2015 9:37 pm

How refreshing. Can't wait to see the alt-modes. I like them all already.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Motto: "It is a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
Wolfman Jake wrote:Why are people speculating on "IF" these are the fan-built combiner team? We know they are! It was reported over a month ago that the fan combiner would consist of 5 female Autobots, hail from The Sea of Rust, and would be rivals with "Galvatronus."
... which could be entirely unrelated to these characters. These guys don't have a cohesive deco like the ones availible to vote for during the polling

DangerousFat wrote:I dunno, clearly looks like 4 deluxes and a voyager. I'm hoping for femme combiner, but not holding my breath for it.
Roadmaster and Firestar would both be voyagers, and Hasbro already confirmed we're getting a female combiner.

On a side note, Alex said Velocity isn't on the cover... so who's that 5th fembot in the middle then?
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner
Buy from MartianSpyGirl1996 on eBay
Speed: 8
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5

Postby Deadput » Wed May 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Guys Alex said these guys are not the Victorion combiner members.

Their getting introduced in Combiner hunters in July.

Plus it is also confirmed that MTMTE has nothing to do with Combiner wars.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3

Postby Deadput » Wed May 13, 2015 9:54 pm

MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Why are people speculating on "IF" these are the fan-built combiner team? We know they are! It was reported over a month ago that the fan combiner would consist of 5 female Autobots, hail from The Sea of Rust, and would be rivals with "Galvatronus."
... which could be entirely unrelated to these characters. These guys don't have a cohesive deco like the ones availible to vote for during the polling

DangerousFat wrote:I dunno, clearly looks like 4 deluxes and a voyager. I'm hoping for femme combiner, but not holding my breath for it.
Roadmaster and Firestar would both be voyagers, and Hasbro already confirmed we're getting a female combiner.

On a side note, Alex said Velocity isn't on the cover... so who's that 5th fembot in the middle then?

Nautica dude I assume you dont read the IDW comics she was already introduced alongside Windblade and Chromia.

Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby no-one » Wed May 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Well these are fun; especially liking the looks of Javelin and Proxima. Firestar reminds me of Fireman from the Megaman series.

I'm interested in see some alt-mode pics.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
fenrir72 wrote:I wonder what the combined form will be called?

Victorion?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Wed May 13, 2015 10:42 pm

william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:I wonder what the combined form will be called?

Victorion?

These five are not combiners that was confirmed on twitter.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Darthbrick13 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm

I like them all but my only complaint is they are not really feminine. Don't get me wrong, they all look great and would make an excellent combiner or even just figures in general. But like Arcee or Elita-1...You can tell they are female, more of the body figure is prominent. They have a chest, hips and curves. The original G1 line you can see them and they had a badass sexy look to them. Just sayin :-)
Darthbrick13
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON